I lately have been becoming increasingly annoyed with...

my sex drive, of course.

As a 16 year-old male, I don't find it to be strange that I have a rather strong libido. Most males my age do. However, I'm interested in actually suppressing (perhaps getting rid of all together) my sex drive. It's so incredibly irritating, when ever I'm trying to focus on something, a nice looking female walks through my mind and I am instantaniously gone on a trip to my fantasies and little of what I actually want to do, gets done.

I'm very curious as to what kind of medication or self-therapy there is in supressing that colossal waste of time that I posses (also known as my sex drive). Any help people could give me on this subject would be much appreciated.

Please remember, I'm 16 year-old male and I'm definitely not comfortable talking to my parents about this. I will however see a physician by myself if that's what it comes to.

(If you're looking for any back information on what I'd like to call my "a-sexuality", please look here: http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic...&highlight=)

Thank-you,

-Queued

Um, you can repress your sex drive, however, you wouldn't be asexual, you would be celibate; Asexuality would require no effort. If you want you can see a physician, but they aren't going to be able to help you with the your sex drive. They'll probably recommend that you do some hobby(ies) to distract yourself from females.

In some cases, if a person tries to repress the sex drive, it makes the sexual urges worse; it really depends on how your brain works. I could recommend you to think about a polar opposite of what turns you on. In other words, what can you think of that would repulse you each and every time you think of it?

That's the only advice that I can offer. Other than what I've said before, it looks like time is your biggest factor here; you may just have to wait until puberty is over.

• 2 weeks later...

have you done ANY kind of research, queued? Someone else had asked about this earlier on this year (you probably weren't here yet, it's just profound that someone would come onto an asexual site wanting information on how to stop his natural body process). In 3 seconds I just looked it up on the net. If a 42 year old asexual woman can find it in three seconds, I'm always amazed at the men afflicted with this haven't been able to find it.

http://www.snopes.com/military/saltpetr.htm

In some cases, if a person tries to repress the sex drive, it makes the sexual urges worse; it really depends on how your brain works. I could recommend you to think about a polar opposite of what turns you on. In other words, what can you think of that would repulse you each and every time you think of it?

Yeah... that seems like a great idea, every time you get horny think about poo (or some other kink)... seems kinda risky to link poo and sex...

I might be making this up,

but i think i remember reading somewhere... im pretty sure it was here about someone who is taking medication to control his libido...

I think he said he was celibate and his partner was asexual... or something like that.

but as i said, i might be wrong...

:S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
have you done ANY kind of research, queued? Someone else had asked about this earlier on this year (you probably weren't here yet, it's just profound that someone would come onto an asexual site wanting information on how to stop his natural body process). In 3 seconds I just looked it up on the net. If a 42 year old asexual woman can find it in three seconds, I'm always amazed at the men afflicted with this haven't been able to find it.

Reading that page from beginning to end, it doesn't seem to put much credence into the power of Saltpeter - rather, treating it like an urban myth.

Do I think Saltpeter works? I don't know - I never tried it, and with good reason. It's a corrosive chemical that can really harm you if you consume it internally.

Cijay, you shouldn't berate queued like you do. Many times when it seems odd that someone doesn't do something for him or her self that seems "so easy", it really isn't as easy as it seems. Consider this to be one example of it.

If a 42 year old asexual woman can find it in three seconds, I'm always amazed at the men afflicted with this haven't been able to find it.

It is comforting to know there are other 40 something year old women on this site who are asexual. I was beginning to think only teenagers posted here.

I myself am 41 and have only recently (1 and a half years ago) realized that sex really does not feel that good to me. Imagine my surprise and relief in finding this group of like-minded individuals.

It seems asexuals come from many diverse backgrounds. In my ignorance, before coming to this site, I would never have thought so many teenagers and young adults are asexual.

That fact alone should point out that asexuality really is not a medical condition, but should seriously and correctly be termed a legit. sexual orientation.

It is comforting to know there are other 40 something year old women on this site who are asexual. I was beginning to think only teenagers posted here.

Um .... well, and at least one 50 something. :wink:

(But my mental age is negotiable.)

-Greybird

Cate Perfect

I think a good deal of people are in their 20s. And we have at least two people over fifty. We love our AVENites with life experience.

Cate

Um .... well, and at least one 50 something. :wink:

(But my mental age is negotiable.)

-Greybird

Thanks so much for posting. I have been reading through some of the sites messages and I like the way you respond to the posts. I will feel much more comfortable posting to the site now that I know my age is well within the age limits of other members. :D