Unsure and looking for some help

Buffyrocksmyworld

Buffyrocksmyworld

Hey everybody,

When I was younger I never noticed anything different about myself. I had crushes and found people attractive. However, when I got older I realized I had no desire whatsoever to actually act on these attractions. While all my friends were having sex and talking to me about it I had never even kissed anyone and I thought this meant there was something wrong with me. Recently I had sex for the first (and only) time. I did it to prove that I was normal but all it did was emphasize that it seemed like way too much work to be worth it. In a way I'm glad I did it as something to try but it just wasn't what everyone always made it out to be. So one day I stumbled upon a site about asexuality and thought it sounded a lot like the way I feel. I'm not sure that I am actually though because I am attracted to people I just don't want to carry through with that attraction. Anyway I was just hoping for some people to talk to and maybe get some input from some other people. Kind of lets me know I'm not alone I guess. Anyway this is the end because I am going to stop obsessing over how I want this post to sound. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Cate Perfect

Hi! *wavewave*

I love Buffy, too. Well, Willow is my fav, but that was a great show! :D

You sound like an asexual to me, but really you're the only one who can say for sure. Have a look at the Info on Asexuality at the top of the page...loads of asexuals are attracted to other people, we simply don't want to have sex with anyone.

Cate

Kombucha2000

Hello and welcome to AVEN, Buffyrocksmyworld! It looks like you came to the right place! Many people here can relate and you're certainly not alone. Only you can be sure whether you asexual or not (and great info can be found here: http://www.asexuality.org/info.htm )

Make youself at home.

Live R Perfect

Welcome to AVEN, Buffy! :D

Sounds to me like you'll fit in just fine here - stick around a while and hopefully things will become clearer for you :wink:

Welcome, Welcome!

Strange, but nobody has yet offered you :cake: .

Manners, people, manners!!

Allow me to make up for the oversite:

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

AVEN's big on cake. And info. And listening. And helping.

Belly up to the table and have your fill!

Welcome welcome!

I love Buffy, too. Well, Willow is my fav, but that was a great show! :D

Ditto. :)

So one day I stumbled upon a site about asexuality and thought it sounded a lot like the way I feel. I'm not sure that I am actually though because I am attracted to people I just don't want to carry through with that attraction.

Feel free to keep posting even if you don't feel you are asexual or aren't sure yet. Like everyone else said, take a look at the asexual info pages.

Welcome to AVEN! You are totally NOT alone. Whether or not you identify as asexual is something that you will figure out with time... but like other people have said, hanging out at AVEN can help that process along a lot. Enjoy the cake.

Blue_Liminality

Welcome to AVEN. Asexuals come in a variety of flavors, and by your description I think you're one of them. But only you can decide if you're asexual or not.

So come join the dark side...er...I mean, come join our community. I'm sure you'll love it here.

BOOYA!

That's what i say to that. Yep....sounds asexual to me. We're a diverse bunch here. From Type A's to type C's to type D's....from hyper/insane to mellow/morbid....the THE BARD (the guy RULES)....we're all.....very....AWESOME! and unique.

And your AWESOMENESS makes our AWESOMENESS 10x MORE FRICKING AWESOME!

So yeah. I like the word awesome...so...i'm gonna dance now...

*Does the WoMBaT dance!!*

We got another one! We got another one!

This asexuals story was just unfurled,

And it's AWESOME, Welcome BuffyRocksMyWorld!

BOOYA!

Welcome! :wink:

Embyr Arrikanez
Welcome, Welcome!

Strange, but nobody has yet offered you :cake: .

Manners, people, manners!!

Allow me to make up for the oversite:

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

AVEN's big on cake. And info. And listening. And helping.

Belly up to the table and have your fill!

Cake is my anti-drug. And my anti-depression. And my anti-idiot. And my anti-everythingthatIreallyfuckinghate.

Yay cake. <3. Yes. Have cake. Joiiiinnnn usssssss..

And welcome to the collective ameoba! ^_^

Oh, and psst:

Ameoba - 'A large amorphous mass that constantly changes shape, occasionally makes you sick, and sometimes breaks off into another group that acts exactly like the parent.'

AMEOBA LOVE! <3 <3 <3

Wow I'm amazed by all the replies. Thanks guys. It really makes me feel welcome here.

I'm kind of shy so I don't know how often I'll be posting but the support I got here makes me think it will be more often than I would normally.

I really didn't expect many people to say anything back to me so I'm pretty happy. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Ok now that I am done being a big dork thanks again.

Oh and what exactly is the cake thing? I just don't get it.

Wow I'm amazed by all the replies. Thanks guys. It really makes me feel welcome here.

I'm kind of shy so I don't know how often I'll be posting but the support I got here makes me think it will be more often than I would normally.

I really didn't expect many people to say anything back to me so I'm pretty happy. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Ok now that I am done being a big dork thanks again.

Oh and what exactly is the cake thing? I just don't get it.

Oh and what exactly is the cake thing? I just don't get it. :D

Archived