Male circumcision

santanico

Male circumcision  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think - might male circumcision be related to asexuality?

• 1. No
    • 2. Maybe - for whatever reason
    • 3. Maybe - because circumcision is a traumatic experience
    • 4. Maybe - because circumcision reduces sensitivity of the penis
    • 5. Indifferent
  2. 2. Are you an asexual circumcised male?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm female or not asexual

This poll is closed to new votes

if i'm not mistaken every boy born in the united states is circumsized after their born with their parents consent. So that's like a big chunk of the male population right?

That's been the case until very recently, when parents started being asked if they wanted their boys to be circumcised. I haven't seen any evidence of circumcision turning males into asexuals in my lifetime, which started in 1940.

There is absolutely no comparison between male circumcision and female enfibulation (the correct name for removing the clitoris).

Why in the States do they just start cutting up new babies?

Not really sure. There was a time when having a child was a real possibility with a girlfriend of mine. We talked about it often and the circumcision talks we had was the deal breaker. She wanted to have the child (if male) circumcised. I am against that. I don't see how mutilating a child's penis is necessary. The argument for it always seemed superficial to me. Such as it "looks better" or it it cleaner.

if i'm not mistaken every boy born in the united states is circumsized after their born with their parents consent. So that's like a big chunk of the male population right?

not sure of the statistics. Actually of all my friend having kids recently are against it. Not sure if the represents the rest of the view of the US or just that of the people I know.

Many adult men choose to have themselves circumcised. You'll find a huge resource about the pros and cons on the net.

You can also read about ways to regrow foreskin. Which is something I have tried. Not sure why, but something I wanted to try.

I don't think it would cause asexuality as to me wanting sex is more psychological than physical.

as they get older the circumcision of males becomes more and more painful and takes longer to heal

circumcision is not based around a sexual orientation

it is however more likely to be performed due to a faith or a doctorin of a country

I suspect the same is also for the ladies and enfibulation

Not really sure. There was a time when having a child was a real possibility with a girlfriend of mine. We talked about it often and the circumcision talks we had was the deal breaker. She wanted to have the child (if male) circumcised. I am against that. I don't see how mutilating a child's penis is necessary. The argument for it always seemed superficial to me. Such as it "looks better" or it it cleaner.

My partner's uncircumcised and never had a problem keeping it clean.

One thing that bothers me about circumcision is that the foreskin is usually still attached to the glans at birth, and might not fully retract until well into the teen years, and forcefully retracting it sounds kinda bad if you do it wrong. :/

I think in some states it is/was illegal to not circumcise a male child or was like Sally's and they just did it- but I don't think that's true in many, and hopefully isn't the case today.

Kids DO masturbate; circumcision doesn't prevent that. When my kids were born in the US, everyone was automatically circumcised in the hospital; the parents weren't asked, it was just done. We parents definitely observed masturbation.

Another excellent reason to not give birth in a hospital or let a kid out of sight in one. That is wrong on so many freaking levels. I think some places do that to intersexed kids, too, it's really fucked up.

Archived