sexualFreak

JimmyJ

Hey, did someone kick this guy out? I just read his post from a while ago and that was sick, he should be kicked off of the internet completely.... what a perv...

Cate Perfect

I believe he was banned.

Cate

I know that this isn't a commercial board so 'policing' it is a lot more difficult than on boards which make money through advertising and selling products to the masses, but.. do we have anything in place make it more difficult for a banned user to come back?

Is there any form of IP address logging or any other way of stopping troublemakers from coming back as a different username? Some boards I've regsitered on email you a password and then get you to follow the link provided to activate your membership. It means that only people with valid email addresses can register and have to really want to register. Is that a very difficult thing to implement? Would it impact on the number of people willing to register?

I suppose this is really a question for the 'Site Comments' part of the forum but I thought this thread was half relevant. Forgive my naivety on this issue.

Silly Green Monkey

When I joined, I had to activate my account through an email. Perhaps this has changed?

When I joined, I had to activate my account through an email. Perhaps this has changed?

Oops, Maybe that's true. I can't remember what happened when I joined, although you'll have to excuse me...it was all of four months ago.

:lol:

Archived