Delurkification

False Keraptis

False Keraptis

Greetings, People of AVEN,

I'm a long time lurker on these boards, and tonight I decided to reveal my presence after reading a thread on necrophilia:

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=3485

I was so taken aback by the opinions of some of the posters, who compared it to rape and even murder, that I had to voice my view. But after re-reading the thread, I saw that someone else actually had already said more or less what I wanted to say, so I thought better of it. Having gone to the trouble of registering an account anyway, I decided to introduce myself. I'm a lurker by nature, so I probably won't be posting too much, but you might hear a little from me.

Anyway, here's a little information about me: I'm in my early twenties, male, and while I don't consider myself asexual, I find the idea of asexuality very appealing for a number of reasons. Most significantly, I am ashamed of my own sexual preferences, which I won't go into here; suffice it to say I am heterosexual with some bizarre tastes (no, not necrophilia). It's obvious to me that asexuality is not my answer, but I do enjoy thinking about it.

Kombucha2000

Hello and welcome to AVEN, False Keraptis!

So, just out of curiousity, what is your take on necrophilia? (feel free to revive that thread, btw). I hope you stick around and make yourself at home.

Cate Perfect
I find the idea of asexuality very appealing for a number of reasons... I am ashamed of my own sexual preferences, which I won't go into here...It's obvious to me that asexuality is not my answer, but I do enjoy thinking about it.

Well...thanks for being supportive, but asexuality isn't a choice so I'm not sure how it can be appealing. If you're looking to avoid sex perhaps you mean that being celibate is right for you. I'm all in favour of people doing whatever feels natural to them as logn as it isn't hurting anyone else so if you're ashamed of your proclivities then perhaps you should see a therapist. You shouldn't be ashamed of being true to yourself. Also whatever it is that you are interested in I can guarantee you're not the only one and you simply have to find the right somebody with complimentary interests. Asexuals know ALL about how difficult it is to find someone who wants (or doesn't want) the same things in a relationship.

Welcome to the de-lurking, though. :D

Cate

Greetings, People of AVEN,

I'm a long time lurker on these boards, and tonight I decided to reveal my presence after reading a thread on necrophilia:

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=3485

I was so taken aback by the opinions of some of the posters, who compared it to rape and even murder, that I had to voice my view.

With respect, you wrote that someone else had asserted your view.

But I'd like to hear your opinions from your own fingers, your own mind.

I still think the chief issues in necrophilia are 1. the understanding of life and death, and 2. the question of just who possesses an individual's body after he/she has died.

The body, having been vacated, is in a dynamic and important relationship with nature. It complies with natural laws by decaying. It can do nothing else.

I must have thoughts, feelings, and vibrations with which to interact.

The dead as bodies cannot provide any of these.

Happy de-lurking day. I second Cate in that you shouldn't be ashamed of how you feel.

My personal opinion is that the dead cannot consent, so unless the person gave their consent before death, necrophilia is a form of rape. It might not be as "bad" as rape because the dead cannot be traumatized by it, but it is still a form of it.

fluffy_hime

What Cate said.

Also, feel free to revive that thread, as someone else said. We'd like to know your thoughts. We can handle disagreement, believe me.

WHOA! HOLD UP!

Thanks for de-lurking.

And secondly....You don't consider yourself asexual? Interesting. Dude...we're in the same boat. I also have an "unussual taste". And i get full sexual WHATEVERs out of it....But i consider myself to still be asexual. I don't find women or men attractive in the same way...which...is still functionally asexual....with a tiwst. Every one on here is their own little microcosm of asexuality. So....your not alone there. I ussually even tell people on AVEN what it is if the PM me about it. So...don't worry...there are others on AVEN with bizzare tastes. Given...they are fairly harmless and most people are like pretty bewildered by how simple they can be. But in any case. Your not alone out there. But really it's up to you if the term "asexual" applies to you. It does to me...cause it makes me functionally asexual. I bet your the same way too! If not....still...hang around man!

But Still....your new here...and that means only one thing....

*Does the WoMBaT Dance!!*

We got another one! We got another one!

This awesome guy is so awesome, i almost want to kiss,

But...then again...probeley not....WELCOME False Keraptis!

BOOYA!

*applause!*

Welcome to AVEN

:wink:

Oh...and If you want to PM me...feel free!

False Keraptis

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.

Liver - The name False Keraptis comes from one of my favorite D&D adventures, "Return to White Plume Mountain" by Bruce Cordell. In the adventure, Keraptis was a powerful wizard who sought immortality. One of his projects was a series of cursed scrolls; anyone who reads the scrolls finds their mind gradually taken over by his personality, until eventually they believe they are Keraptis and they gain some of his powers, becoming a false Keraptis.

To those who asked my take on necrophilia - I see absolutely nothing wrong with consensual necrophilia. In fact, willing one's body to necrophiliacs makes more sense to me than burial or cremation; at least someone will get some use out of it. As for "nonconsensual" necrophilia, I do think it is wrong, because people should have some right to decide how their possessions and their body are dealt with after death. But, I don't see how it hurts anyone, either; at worst I think it should be a misdemeanor. The crime seems closer to vandalism than to rape. Of course, I don't believe in any life after death, but I would think that people who do would agree that once the soul has departed, the body is just an empty vessel.

Cate Perfect - I agree that asexuality is not a choice, but that doesn't mean I can't find it appealing. Being tall isn't a choice either, but I would like an extra two or three inches.

bard of aven

Interesting philosophical issues. I don't think the concept of rape applies. There is neither a will nor a person to violate in a dead body. It's just meat that no longer thinks. Or does much of anything. I suspect the taboo against necrosex has more to do with desecration taboos than sex taboos. Sexually, it is just another form of masturbation/fetishism.

I witnessed an enbalming once. The things a mortuary technician does to prepare a corpse for funereal viewing are, to my mind, a lot more ethically questionable, and a lot more disgusting, than necrophilia. Which you should take as an indication of the depth of my feelings about funeral customs, not my positive feelings about necrophilia, of which I have none.

boa

Cate Perfect

I've seen an embalming, as well, boa. *shudder* Made me want to be cremated very soon after death. I do NOT want to be embalmed.

Cate

Carsonspire

Welcome, False Keraptis.

Glad to hear you utter your own views on necrophilia. Please feel free to post around if you'd like.

Archived