Hello,I'm new...

Fayetje

I didn't know there were so many people out there like me! :D

Um...well,a little about me,I suppose? Well,I'm 16,and all throughout my younger teenage years I always considered myself sexual,because I guess I never really took the time to ponder it. I've had one or two crushes in my lifetime,but it wasn't 'til a few years ago that I realized I wasn't quite like everyone else.

My friends are mostly female,as am I,and would always be talking about the latest celebrity heartthrob they were swooning over,and they wouldn't understand why I had no input in the conversation.

"Hey,Chantal! Don't you think Josh Hartnett is cute?"

"Well,he's...okay."

I knew that I didn't really like boys,or girls,in that way;but I didn't think anything of it.

Then,earlier this year,my mom started nagging me about not liking boys. She would always ask me if I thought anyone at school was cute,if I liked anyone in particular,etc. I would always say no. She would ask "Why not?" I told her I just didn't like anyone like that. She then would nag me about not dressing like the girl that I am. I said I didn't care about makeup or trendy clothes,that I'm not trying to impress anyone with my outward appearance.

She often asks me if I think I'll ever get married and have kids,and I say no. Then she says, "Oh,well,I thought the same thing when I was your age,you'll change your mind later." I hate it when she says that!

I am 70% sure she thinks I'm a lesbian in denial.

This year I have proclaimed myself officially asexual. I'm not interested in sex or even romance,and I don't quite know why. Part of it,I think,is indeed my mom,who is very sexual and can't seem to live without her sexuality. Something about that,I think,has helped to turn me off to the whole concept.

And,well,I guess I just have other things I like to do more; reading,writing,singing. I have other things on my mind than sex-and often one of those things is my favorite historical person,Lafayette,whom I call myself "obsessed" with,but everyone blows that out of proportion,and no one can seem to understand that my admiration for him is indeed platonic.

Er...yeah,I think I've said enough. Maybe too much. I look forward to meeting everyone!

~Faye

Kombucha2000

Hello and welcome to AVEN, fayetje!

my mom started nagging me about not liking boys. She would always ask me if I thought anyone at school was cute,if I liked anyone in particular,etc. I would always say no. She would ask "Why not?" I told her I just didn't like anyone like that. She then would nag me about not dressing like the girl that I am. I said I didn't care about makeup or trendy clothes,that I'm not trying to impress anyone with my outward appearance.

She often asks me if I think I'll ever get married and have kids,and I say no. Then she says, "Oh,well,I thought the same thing when I was your age,you'll change your mind later." I hate it when she says that!

I am 70% sure she thinks I'm a lesbian in denial.

yeah, I can relate and I'm sure a lot of people here can too. I sometimes get that from my mom. Especially with the future family bit. I just roll my eyes when she asks me when I'm going to have kids :roll: She's not too bad about it though.

Well, make yourself at home and have some cake :cake:

Cate Perfect

Hello! :D

My mother has only recently been doing that, 'So...is so-and-so a good friend?' thing trying to figure out if I'm dating anyone. Personally I find it inappropriate that she's asking in the first place.

WE won't ask you if you're dating anyone! Sit down and have a chat!

Cate

I have other things on my mind than sex-and often one of those things is my favorite historical person,Lafayette,whom I call myself "obsessed" with,but everyone blows that out of proportion,and no one can seem to understand that my admiration for him is indeed platonic.

Woh! You have wonderful taste.

Did I tell you I've never outgrown crushes?

I've got the hots for Hawthorne, and there's a piece of my heart hovering over Poe's house in the Bronx to boot!

Welcome to AVEN!

Hi Faye!

Good to see you've found your way here, make yourself at home.

when it gets to be too much, just pose the opposite to your mother. Ask her how she'd like it if you suddenly expected her to lead an asexual life.

Hello and welcome to AVEN! Ouch, the dreaded "you'll change your mind when you're older" response. I get that from both my parents. It's really, "you'll one day see things the RIGHT way." :P Hang in there and have some :cake:

Yeah, my parents think that I am sleeping with my best friend ( I guess that guys and girls can't be friends without sex) and I went away for the weekend with another female friend and my parents said that Laura (my best friend) would get jealous and get mad at me for cheating on her. When they say comments about sex of relationshps I just say 'whatever' and walk away.

La Fayette entered the French Army at the age of 14. He was nineteen and a captain of dragoons when the British colonies in America proclaimed their independence. At the first news of this quarrel, he afterwards wrote in his memoirs, "my heart was enrolled in it."

Can't think of a better infatuation, offhand! Sounds like you've already done some good work in sorting out the oppositional emotions from the true beliefs. We're here to help you in the discovery and doing of that maddeningly elusive "your own thing" thing. Welcome!

BOOYA!

How you doing! Welcome to AVEN!

SHIZAM! Wow....this dance is really gonna be tough...I don't even know how to pronounce your name....minor set back. I think it sounds somewhat like "lafayette" so it souts like FAY ET JUH

Maybe?

OH WELL, CAUSE HERE WE GO!

*Does the WoMBaT Dance!*

We got another one! We got another one!

16, and asexy, this lady's not out to get sha,

Lafayette is her hero, so welcome fayetje!

BOOYA!

*applause!*

Welcome to AVEN! :wink:

Welcome to AVEN!! Hope the situation with your mom improves... sounds like a pain. In the meantime, you can always take refuge here.

Faye: Welcome to Aven! :D I suppose Faye is a nickname? If not, who is Chantal?

naissur9: What a great Avatar...hee-hee.

welcome to AVEN, Faye! :)

This year I have proclaimed myself officially asexual. I'm not interested in sex or even romance,and I don't quite know why. Part of it,I think,is indeed my mom,who is very sexual and can't seem to live without her sexuality. Something about that,I think,has helped to turn me off to the whole concept.

Interesting. My parents seem to be in the hyposexual range as far as I can tell, so I wonder if that has influenced me? But other habits held by my parents have helped turn me away from them personally, too. (Sorry, my brain is currently too lazy to write that more clearly)

I have other things on my mind than sex-and often one of those things is my favorite historical person,Lafayette,whom I call myself "obsessed" with,but everyone blows that out of proportion,and no one can seem to understand that my admiration for him is indeed platonic.

For what it's worth, I can relate to having Platonic obsessions. I think deep reverence for one historical person can (often but not always i guess) be a healthy and educational thing, and enriches many peoples lives when creatively developed. honest i've seen it happen. Too bad if people misinterpret it, maybe they be envious of your favor. :)

glad you're here! take care,

laura

Posted: Sun Jul 11 5:19 pm Post subject: For the debt of honor for General Lafayette....izzard moment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOYA!

How you doing! Welcome to AVEN!

SHIZAM! Wow....this dance is really gonna be tough...I don't even know how to pronounce your name....minor set back. I think it sounds somewhat like "lafayette" so it souts like FAY ET JUH

Maybe?

OH WELL, CAUSE HERE WE GO!

*Does the WoMBaT Dance!*

We got another one! We got another one!

16, and asexy, this lady's not out to get sha,

Lafayette is her hero, so welcome fayetje!

:lol: Thank you!

I don't know quite how to pronounce it. I'll have to ask my friend why she tacked a -tje onto "Faye".

I suppose Faye is a nickname? If not, who is Chantal?

Yeah,Chantal is my real name. I don't respond to it too well online,though. o_o

Thanks for all the warm welcomes,everyone! ^_^

La Fayette entered the French Army at the age of 14. He was nineteen and a captain of dragoons when the British colonies in America proclaimed their independence. At the first news of this quarrel, he afterwards wrote in his memoirs, "my heart was enrolled in it."

I saw 'dragoons' and went 'since when did France have dragons?' :lol:

WELCOME! Wow, your story is so much like mine I can't hardly believe it. Have some :cake: !

Archived