Hello,I'm new...

I didn't know there were people out there like me! :D

Um...well,a little about me,I suppose? Well,I'm 16,and all throughout my younger teenage years I always considered myself sexual,because I guess I never really took the time to ponder it. I've had one or two crushes in my lifetime,but it wasn't 'til a few years ago that I realized I wasn't quite like everyone else.

My friends are mostly female,as am I,and would always be talking about the latest celebrity heartthrob they were swooning over,and they wouldn't understand why I had no input in the conversation.

"Hey,Chantal! Don't you think Josh Hartnett is cute?"

"Well,he's...okay."

I knew that I didn't really like boys,or girls,in that way;but I didn't think anything of it.

Then,earlier this year,my mom started nagging me about not liking boys. She would always ask me if I thought anyone at school was cute,if I liked anyone in particular,etc. I would always say no. She would ask "Why not?" I told her I just didn't like anyone like that. She then would nag me about not dressing like the girl that I am. I said I didn't care about makeup or trendy clothes,that I'm not trying to impress anyone with my outward appearance.

She often asks me if I think I'll ever get married and have kids,and I say no. Then she says, "Oh,well,I thought the same thing when I was your age,you'll change your mind later." I hate it when she says that!

I am 70% sure she thinks I'm a lesbian in denial.

This year I have proclaimed myself officially asexual. I'm not interested in sex or even romance,and I don't quite know why. Part of it,I think,is indeed my mom,who is very sexual and can't seem to live without her sexuality. Something about that,I think,has helped to turn me off to the whole concept.

And,well,I guess I just have other things I like to do more; reading,writing,singing. I have other things on my mind than sex-and often one of those things is my favorite historical person,Lafayette,whom I call myself "obsessed" with,but everyone blows that out of proportion,and no one can seem to understand that my admiration for him is indeed platonic.

Er...yeah,I think I've said enough. Maybe too much. I look forward to meeting everyone!

~Faye

Archived