Should asexuality be included in LGBT?

ryan10242

Should asexuality be included in LGBT?  

1. 1. Check all that you agree with

• Yes, it should be LGBTA (plus maybe others)
    • We should identify with the queer movement
    • No, LGBT is very different to asexuality
    • Asexuality is very separate from the queer movement
    • Maybe
    • Other (Please Explain Below!)

This poll is closed to new votes

KingOfCookies

I once heard the term MSGI (Minority Sexuality and Gender Identity) but that sounds like a food additive.

I think regardless of romantic orientation, Asexuality isn't part of the heterosexual norm. Therefore it falls under "queer". Now, do I think we have the same problems and political goals as the mainstream LGBT movement? No, but I believe we should still be apart of it as a way to raise awareness.

I quite like SVA (Sexuality Variations Alliance) lol The above few suggestions are good too. I also think that if you keep adding letters to the original it kinda makes a mockery of the thing.

I think we would need to be accepted more first- after all, people have even got bad comments off homosexuals about asexuality so we would really need to be accepted by the groups represented in the LGBT first...

As an aside, if an attack on one's homosexuality is homophobia, what is an attack on one's asexuality?

but wouldn't aphobia technically be a lack of a phobia? lol that's why I asked really ;) :D

but wouldn't aphobia technically be a lack of a phobia? lol that's why I asked really

Huh...you're right.

Hm...

I don't think there could be a word for it. :blink:

rofl! There should be a word :D rofl

Will have to think about that one...

Guest member25959

Personaly, i think Asexuality should come under a new category along with Pansexuality. As it is a lack of or no attraction.

And, we have to remember that Queer generally means 'Anything that isn't Heterosexual'.

• 2 weeks later...
what is an attack on one's asexuality?

um...aphobia?

I think that was a joke. A-phobia...never mind.

Archived