Persecuting others now on writing styles?

starcat

PMSL

Shag, you are a real bear today! What the hell does that mean? Post-mordem snide lingo? Post-menopausal sarcastic line? :blink:

Oh treasure bud, ... are you stalking me today, or is it my turn to AVENstalk you? :D

Bookmark the "Acronym Finder" site that Tanwen provided.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/PMSL.html

It's often such a help for my tired old brain in this brave new world. :P

And, YES, ... after three trips through it, I'm definitely over all that menopause stuff. :lol:

Ick! but not as bad as sex ick.

IMO (use your acronym finder) much, much worse than sex.

Lasts longer ...

Less predictable ...

More abusive ...

No bloody respite ...

God was a Woman, ... no Man could come up with "menopause"

God was a Woman, ... no Man could come up with "menopause"

I'm so confused. I thought you were a guy! But God could arrange for a guy to go through menopause 3 times, I suppose, if the guy were annoying enough...it would only be fair...

*retreats from stalking*

I'm so confused. I thought you were a guy! But God could arrange for a guy to go through menopause 3 times, I suppose, if the guy were annoying enough...it would only be fair...

*retreats from stalking*

A Mensch, dear.

A Mensch undeserving of my vicissitudes. :)

Menschen always deserve what they receive, both good and bad. :rolleyes:

Guest EGDingthestar

Hey starcat,

I think I get what you were saying.

I feel that way... worried that the overall gist or meaning of the post is going to get lost, when people get distracted with focusing and pointing out someone's spelling or grammatical mistakes.

This forum tends to stay a bit more friendly or less heated than other forums, and I can see wanting to preserve that.

edit:oops, I see we are talking about anagram servers now... maybe my post is sort of a dead horse? :)

This forum tends to stay a bit more friendly or less heated than other forums, and I can see wanting to preserve that.

edit:oops, I see we are talking about anagram servers now... maybe my post is sort of a dead horse? :)

Oh, do keep up Gorey Girl. We may be old and (grits curmudgeonly teeth) friendly ...

but we move along at a fair old clip !!!

Well, those who have the hang of their Zimmers do.

Like ... well ... Zimmer for example. :D

Thanks for the support. I do feel better and am glad now I spoke my piece, even if done in not quite a productive way. I'm a little lost on this last page though, but no biggy, that's pretty normal for me...lol

I will try hard not to be so sensitive in the future.

I still think it would be better to mention (unreadable) posts privately to the poster, rather than bring up their mistakes to all. Just my opinion :)

oh and off topic...but I still don't seem to get email notifications. I have checked all areas to receive them too. Also my avatar is lost. If someone could help in these areas, could you please pm me? thanks.

My spell-checker usually catches my typos so that doesn't happen often, but sometimes I misuse or leave out punctuation. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I try hard to do things right. What annoys me is that I sometimes leave entire words out of my sentences. I have to remind myself to double check my posts before submitting them.

I have that problem. Reverting letters anyone? or how about quitr for quite? That happens to often; ans for and.

I have a made a career of posting through typos and misspellings. I still use fullstops though. Commas remain a bitter enemy of mine but we're working on it. We go to therapy with some semi-colons. Nice couple they are. Awfully confused with their colon issues but overall pretty okay. Not the question mark that came in the other week he just wasn;t sure where he was supposed to be always asking questions that one...

he he. I have a special affinity for semi-colons, I prefer them to commas. I often wondered what :: meant because I saw that in a Maths textbook once and it still puzzles me. I know that :. means therefore.

I have a made a career of posting through typos and misspellings. I still use fullstops though. Commas remain a bitter enemy of mine but we're working on it. We go to therapy with some semi-colons. Nice couple they are. Awfully confused with their colon issues but overall pretty okay. Not the question mark that came in the other week he just wasn;t sure where he was supposed to be always asking questions that one...

Amcan, when your colons drink, are they "high colonics"? :lol:

Taste colours anyone?

Guest EGDingthestar

So, hey Shaggy *waves* for some ruddy reason I just can't hold it in my head that you are "an older ace"--I keep picturing you as some 24 year old asexy boy in Australia. :P (Darn that Scooby Doo cartoon).

*looks at shaggy's post* Oh, I don't know if you are telling me I don't need to be worried or just that you are telling me things move fast in here. [laughs].

Anyways, just wanted to say I still love that starcat brought this up...

Sometimes we talk about this kind of stuff in the chat room... :wub:

Hi, Starcat -- welcome back! The last page is a bit weird.

Another weirdness I'll mention: I am now (just today) getting the original posting on the top of each new page, and at the top of the page I don't see that it's page 2, etc. Very confusing; I didn't do anything special, just logged on and asked for "view new posts."

Thanks Sally and thanks to others for the pm's and help with avatars, I knew something was up a few weeks ago, just never looked into it. I'm going to miss my little kitty with the gorgeous eyes, staring off into what I believed to be the stars..lol

As for notifications, I get pm notifications just fine..it's the forum post ones I don't seem to get for some reason? :unsure:

And I agree...some of these threads move very fast. Oh and for the record, if anyone gets frustrated with my "...." in sentences? tough! (j/k) But I do have a tendancy to over use periods. I try to catch myself..but I do slip up from time to time :P

Archived