Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Me making an account to figure out (a)sexuality, thinking I was wrong for a number of reasons, and then coming back years later after taking time to analyze compulsive heterosexuality :)))))))

WhoReallyCares

A day or 2 ago, my class was working on a project to see who could build the tallest pipe cleaner tower. They had different colors of pipe cleaners to choose from. I looked through the colors... There was purple, one of the most common colors of materials found in these types of projects. There was black and white, I haven't seen many of those with those colors before. And a very uncommon color, grey...

Purple

White

Gray

Black

It's the ace flag colors people!

Amazing!

I wanted to use those colors for mine, but I was too scared to tell my table partner. But I then saw a different group use those colors at some point and I was a bit shocked that they were doing that. Then they made a new model and threw the other one away... 😠

Also the person I talked about a couple weeks ago that I think was trying to flirt with me before, she walked past me about a week ago and said something like, "Hi [Irl name], how are you?" And I just replied with, "Good." Then she left. I can't tell if that would be considered flirting or not.

• Like 2
On 3/31/2021 at 4:08 AM, AbbySaysHi said:

My dream as a middle schooler was to literally be a crazy cat lady (have cats and make pancakes was my dream)

bonus: I literally started crying during “the talk” because I don’t understand why people would want to do that. 

Yes please!! Cats and pancakes are a good combination. (What's a little fur in the batter anyways?) :)

On 3/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Dr. F Roy Dean Schlippe said:

When I was...I dunno, young-ish, (before I knew I was ace) my parents would tell me to cover my eyes whenever a "sexy" scene came on, and I did without fuss.  Now I'm an adult who doesn't cover her eyes at "sexy" scenes, and it looks as weird now as is sounded back then. Sexy scenes are just plain weird.

I once wondered if the actor/resses felt uncomfortable doing all sorts of strange things like that.

I frequently wonder why anyone would voluntarily be filmed unclothed.

• Like 1

@an~imperial~votress

Ikr! Obviously I’d be so popular with the neighborhood kids if I made pancakes and had cats. I don’t care if my sister said that might be creepy. There’s nothing creepy about a nice single lady making pancakes. 

• Like 2
WhoReallyCares
On 3/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, Scylactic said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not 'cause I'm terrible at reading tone through text, but here it is:

Reveal hidden contents

Sigmund Freud is the psychologist who founded psychoanalysis (basically finding the source of your behaviors through childhood experiences and dreams) and connections between the conscious and unconscious mind. He also theorized that we are all driven by our desires. Like you're dreams can reveal your deepest repressed desires, and he tended to oversexualize those in my opinion. You can read more on him here.

My world history teacher told us a bit about him through a video. It did mention homosexuality at one point which I silently scoffed at. The video at least didn't praise him like he was perfect, they actually made him look really weird and in some aspects dumb. 

• Like 1

Sometimes people think I'm making a sexual joke and they laugh and I really need a second (or a minute, or an hour) to see what's so funny. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:57 PM, WhoReallyCares said:

Also the person I talked about a couple weeks ago that I think was trying to flirt with me before, she walked past me about a week ago and said something like, "Hi [Irl name], how are you?" And I just replied with, "Good." Then she left. I can't tell if that would be considered flirting or not.

I don't think it was flirting per se, more like a probe to see if there was any interest.  If you give a single word answer to something like that, it shows disinterest.  If you were interested in a conversation (orher), you would've answered in a way to start a conversation, like asking her how she was.  And then she might have started flirting.  Or she was just being friendly, and was trying to engage platonically.  Hard to tell without more context.

• Like 1
Janus the Fox
3 hours ago, Zash said:
On 4/14/2021 at 3:57 AM, WhoReallyCares said:

I don't think it was flirting per se, more like a probe to see if there was any interest.

Yeah Same, I'd would only be able to take that as a normal conversation and little more to that to me.

• Like 1

on Finsta there was this quiz thing that was like your sexual IQ or something? And it would tell you if you were a “dom” or “rope bunny” etc etc 

I started taking it and stopped halfway through bc I was like this is so weird why am I doing this and also I was saying no to every question 🤦‍♀️😂 

also my therapist (who helped me come to terms with my sexuality) recently brought up love languages and I laughed and told her to guess which was my last one .... she got it right!

Edited by beankat
23 hours ago, AbbySaysHi said:

@an~imperial~votress

Ikr! Obviously I’d be so popular with the neighborhood kids if I made pancakes and had cats. I don’t care if my sister said that might be creepy. There’s nothing creepy about a nice single lady making pancakes. 

There is objectively only warm, sweet, and soft/yummy things about cats and pancakes, no creepiness allowed! :D

Spoiler

_w850.png

d88d5147ea0a668d8a6dfcaaec261386.jpg

kitty-pancakes-1200x630-1.jpg

• Like 3
22 hours ago, an~imperial~votress said:

There is objectively only warm, sweet, and soft/yummy things about cats and pancakes, no creepiness allowed! :D

Hide contents

_w850.png

d88d5147ea0a668d8a6dfcaaec261386.jpg

kitty-pancakes-1200x630-1.jpg

Awwww cat pancakes are now my new obsession 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, AbbySaysHi said:

Awwww cat pancakes are now my new obsession 

Wait. Pancakes made of cats? Or pancakes shaped like a cat? You are not allowed near my cat if it is the former.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, AbbySaysHi said:

I’ll be honest I didn’t get any specifics about what it actually was and it was my grandma like don’t ever give your body to someone who you don’t want to and I was like uh why would I ever do that. 

I kind of wish that was how more people talked about sex with their spawn. "Don't give your body to someone who you don't want to." That's actually better than "Save yourself/your body is a temple/gift." 

I mean, yeah.
(Here's the extent of my convo with my 13 year old niece. She said "Heterosexuals are gross." I said "Sex is gross." She was like "We're LGBTQ+ Icons." Fist bump. I love that brat.)

On 4/10/2021 at 2:22 PM, lemon_lime said:

I really relate to this. I know that sex is supposed to be good for our relationship and my friends talk about how their relationship with their husband has been great lately and they’ve been having more sex or something and I just don’t get it. My husband is attracted to me and when he wants to have sex I should feel flattered but it just makes me feel used. I know that’s not why! I know he loves me! But I have a really hard time understanding how love = sex. 

I've been with my husband for 21 years or so. I have often felt just "used" when he wants sex/snuggle time/etc at the worst, or objectified, and sometimes feel like he's only trying to initiate sexual stuff because I'm not paying him any attention at all. This bothered me immensely and I was starting to get ANGRY about things like consent and such. 
Once I realized my Asexuality, and even that I do find him attractive, I've been working through this. He's gotten better at not being invasive with his attentions and I've been working on not ignoring his needs. The compromise is the hardest part of our marriage. 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:09 AM, mercaesan said:

My mom gave me a book that taught sex ed and puberty and stuff, and was basically like, "Let me know if you have any questions."

For Real: when I was like 10-11, my mom gave me a copy of Are you there, God? It's Me, Margaret? by Judy Blume to read and told me to come to her with any questions about the book. 
For those who haven't read it, the book deals with two plots in Margaret's life: she's at an age where she's learning about her menstrual cycle and all her friends are getting their first periods and she's studying different religions as part of a school project to see which one she likes best because her parents wanted her to decide for herself. 

Guess which part I latched on to? I, the future Unitarian Universalist, latched on to the Religious part. Yeah, there was this boring puberty stuff, but the religious stuff fascinated me. I don't think that's what my mother expected. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

Wait. Pancakes made of cats? Or pancakes shaped like a cat? You are not allowed near my cat if it is the former.

Pancakes shaped like cats......

• Like 2
9 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

Pancakes shaped like cats......

A while ago a friend was telling me about some reality show where a bunch of attractive people are stuck in a house and if they don't have sex they get a big payout. That conversation went round and round and I still don't get it. People like to have sex, sure nothing wrong with that, but ten thousand dollars on the line? How is that show solvent? (She seemed to think it was a reasonable bet.)

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, bububbly said:

A while ago a friend was telling me about some reality show where a bunch of attractive people are stuck in a house and if they don't have sex they get a big payout. That conversation went round and round and I still don't get it. People like to have sex, sure nothing wrong with that, but ten thousand dollars on the line? How is that show solvent? (She seemed to think it was a reasonable bet.)

Dang, that is a shoe in for us.  Show me the money !!!!!!!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, bububbly said:

I am constantly surprised by how often people want to and expect to have sex. I get libido, but... damn.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

If you find hair or whiskers that will answer your question.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Dang, that is a shoe in for us.  Show me the money !!!!!!!

I know, right?!  I never bothered to look it up, and often she isn't the best about explaining things so I get the whole picture. But I bet it's an all-or-nothing deal, one pair breaks and everyone gets nothing, with at least one 'sleeper agent' (ahem). So we would need a group.

Show of hands, who's in the mood to stoically ignore the calls of the flesh?

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, bububbly said:

I'm not sure of the show or where you live, but in Canada and the US there are versions of a TV show called Big Brother. I have no idea what the premise is, but I see endless promotional ads for it. Plus Entertainment Tonight and ET Canada follow the shows breathlessly (two more that I only am aware of because the latter follows the news. Looks like mindless drivel if you ask me. I'm sure there is a tie in with the shows.

5 hours ago, bububbly said:

Show of hands, who's in the mood to stoically ignore the calls of the flesh?

🖐️🖐️👋

Not a problem. 

• Like 1
Janus the Fox
10 hours ago, bububbly said:

Reminds me of the British social experimental game show Big Brother before it was Canceled.  Basically you’re stuck in a house with about 13 contestants, you’ll be subjected to situations and challenges to earn immunity to avoid being voted out, each contestant is taken to a room to garage a contestants opinion on another contestant, each contestant is voted out each week via telephone vote.  Contestants can do and attempt to do anything to avoid being voted out.  Cameras are everywhere and scandals have happened, it’s implied that contestants do have sex with each other.  The earliest Series perhaps had a rule about that.  The Sexual dramas could make or break a contestants voters opinions.  Big Brother was big enough at one point these sexual scandals where in our rag mag newspapers.  As long a contestant keeps a friendly attitude, positive personality and be liked enough by the voters, avoiding breaking the rules, staying away from scandals and doing well with challenges, a contestant receives a prize of £1,000,000 and some celebrity status.  Big Brother became controversial when they deliberately place Autistic individuals in the House, they also had one contestant with Tourettes and placed actors in instead of real people or introducing prostitutes in.  It went to Celebrity only until it disappeared completely from TV. 

• Like 1

@Janus DarkFox Sounds like you're too aware of the UK version. I think that's the same premise as the shows over here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, will123 said:

I'm not sure of the show or where you live, but in Canada and the US there are versions of a TV show called Big Brother. I have no idea what the premise is, but I see endless promotional ads for it. Plus Entertainment Tonight and ET Canada follow the shows breathlessly (two more that I only am aware of because the latter follows the news. Looks like mindless drivel if you ask me. I'm sure there is a tie in with the shows.

4 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Reminds me of the British social experimental game show Big Brother before it was Canceled.  Basically you’re stuck in a house with about 13 contestants, you’ll be subjected to situations and challenges to earn immunity to avoid being voted out, each contestant is taken to a room to garage a contestants opinion on another contestant, each contestant is voted out each week via telephone vote.  Contestants can do and attempt to do anything to avoid being voted out.  Cameras are everywhere and scandals have happened, it’s implied that contestants do have sex with each other.  The earliest Series perhaps had a rule about that.  The Sexual dramas could make or break a contestants voters opinions.  Big Brother was big enough at one point these sexual scandals where in our rag mag newspapers.  As long a contestant keeps a friendly attitude, positive personality and be liked enough by the voters, avoiding breaking the rules, staying away from scandals and doing well with challenges, a contestant receives a prize of £1,000,000 and some celebrity status.  Big Brother became controversial when they deliberately place Autistic individuals in the House, they also had one contestant with Tourettes and placed actors in instead of real people or introducing prostitutes in.  It went to Celebrity only until it disappeared completely from TV. 

The premise definitely seems similar! IDK, I am definitely not the target audience for reality shows (with a special dispensation for Great British Bake Off). I just thought it was funny that I was so sure it would never work, and she was so sure it would.

2 minutes ago, bububbly said:

The premise definitely seems similar! IDK, I am definitely not the target audience for reality shows (with a special dispensation for Great British Bake Off). I just thought it was funny that I was so sure it would never work, and she was so sure it would.

I have a hard time watching any of the 'work' reality shows as I worked in an industrial setting all my life and look at the activity with an eye towards safety. I just shake my head at what the workers do.

• Like 1

My favorite reality shows include nature and science shows, along with some shows like woodworking shows. I enjoyed watching The Repair Shop earlier this year - British show with various craftspeople who repaired/restored people's old items of various sorts, often with some family history thrown in, without any competition or other manufactured drama. I don't watch "reality" shows.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, bububbly said:

I binged that show! It was fascinating. There was this one amazing guy who soon got the "Accountant" nickname because he was constantly judging people who kissed and counting how much money they've lost him.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2021 at 8:52 PM, bububbly said:

Ok don’t even get me started about those stupid relationship reality shows. My girlfriend and her mom watch them and I just don’t get it (ie the bachelor, love island, etc.) like 1: nobody’s gonna have a lasting relationship from like 3 weeks or whatever. And 2: do people really want sex that bad or is it for drama or something 

• Like 5
On 4/17/2021 at 10:31 AM, MoonSedai said:

For Real: when I was like 10-11, my mom gave me a copy of Are you there, God? It's Me, Margaret? by Judy Blume to read and told me to come to her with any questions about the book. 
For those who haven't read it, the book deals with two plots in Margaret's life: she's at an age where she's learning about her menstrual cycle and all her friends are getting their first periods and she's studying different religions as part of a school project to see which one she likes best because her parents wanted her to decide for herself. 

Guess which part I latched on to? I, the future Unitarian Universalist, latched on to the Religious part. Yeah, there was this boring puberty stuff, but the religious stuff fascinated me. I don't think that's what my mother expected. 

I can see myself reacting the same way, at that age or now. When I was 11, I had an all-consuming interest in Greek and Egyptian mythology that then expanded to world mythology, and then to world religions. At the same time, my friends were all getting their first periods and acting like it was a big deal. They would sit on the swings together for the entire recess talking about the mystical rites of womanhood aka complaining about stomachaches, which I was essentially excluded from not by their intentions so much as the degree of my interest. (I honestly could not care less about puberty, besides brief concern that I would someday find myself forced to participate in those same kinds of boring conversations the day I "joined the rest of the group;" also I thought they were full of it!)