Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

4 hours ago, Tystie said:

Knights

I used to think it was knights, and even still can't not think of knights when I hear the song. Still sounds great. :D 

2 hours ago, Acecream said:

spin-the-bottle (do you call it like this in english?)

yep

(I never played it though)

• Like 3
On 2/26/2021 at 7:03 AM, ElusiveCreature said:

I always used to wonder why the word, “prude,” meant as in, sex-averse, was an insult.

I mean, I’d get offended, because it was delivered as an insult. But it would leave me seriously questioning the values of the person saying it.

(I think I encountered this more in books, than irl, but the gist is the same. The author clearly thought it was an insult.)

It could just be me, but I've always interpreted the word "prude" as referring to someone who is not just sex-averse on a personal level, but who feels personally offended by other people enjoying sex and/or nudity, usually based on religious objections (i.e. a religious leader who's vehemently opposed to all things regarding homosexuality, or your fusty grandmother who doesn't want you moving in with your boyfriend/girlfriend until you're married). I sometimes cringe at seeing sexual things, but I have never considered myself a "prude" simply because, as long as they're not shoving it in my face, then what other people do is none of my business. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah, if it's used as an insult to only refer to what you personally are/aren't comfortable with and has nothing to do with you interfering with other people's lives, then it is pretty immature. Kinda like being called a "chicken".

• Like 5

(This might be a bit off topic but I don’t know where to write it down)

I saw a guy on a demonstration I was participating on (~two weeks ago) who had a black ring on his right middle finger. I was totally distracted and excited for the rest of the time and I wanted to ask him about it... But in the end I didn’t manage to bc I was too frightened 😐
I don’t even know why bc normally I don’t have any problems to talk to strangers 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Acecream said:

(This might be a bit off topic but I don’t know where to write it down)

I saw a guy on a demonstration I was participating on (~two weeks ago) who had a black ring on his right middle finger. I was totally distracted and excited for the rest of the time and I wanted to ask him about it... But in the end I didn’t manage to bc I was too frightened 😐
I don’t even know why bc normally I don’t have any problems to talk to strangers 

I will wear a black ring when I'm in Toronto, elsewhere it wouldn't be understood. I'm not one to check fingers for rings, so I don't know if I'd notice a person wearing one.

• Like 2
KatsuTheWanderer

Don't know if it was an ace moment but there was a somewhat funny misunderstanding about sex related stuff

I was maybe 13 and went to see my doctor for a routine check. He asked me if I had a girlfriend. Me, confused: "...no ?"

He told me he had to check my testicles. I didn't know that word, I thought he was talking about armpits. He then explained that it would be a good thing to check that everything was right were it needs to be before having sex. Silence... "Hmmm okay, I guess ? You're the doctor" and I raised my arm so he could see my armpit.

Then he was probably as confused as I was so I wrapped my arm around my head and scratched it. He told me to lie down on the examination table and that it would be easier for him. Me, still thinking we were talking about my armpits: "hmmm 'kay..." I lied down on the table, still with my arm raised.

I was surprised when he said he had to move my underwear, learned a new word, and was somewhat relieved that my armpits had actually no business in the matter

• Like 4
4 hours ago, will123 said:

I will wear a black ring when I'm in Toronto, elsewhere it wouldn't be understood. I'm not one to check fingers for rings, so I don't know if I'd notice a person wearing one.

He held a speech on the demonstration. That’s why I’ve seen it :)

• Like 1
Cyberspace2001

I was once told by one of my friends to whisper "sweet nothings" into their ear. So that's what I did. I whispered the words sweet nothings into their ear. They laughed immediately after. I didn't understand why until they explained it to me. Probably my most ace moment.

• Like 12
On 3/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, Barbio said:

It could just be me, but I've always interpreted the word "prude" as referring to someone who is not just sex-averse on a personal level, but who feels personally offended by other people enjoying sex and/or nudity, usually based on religious objections (i.e. a religious leader who's vehemently opposed to all things regarding homosexuality, or your fusty grandmother who doesn't want you moving in with your boyfriend/girlfriend until you're married). I sometimes cringe at seeing sexual things, but I have never considered myself a "prude" simply because, as long as they're not shoving it in my face, then what other people do is none of my business. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah, if it's used as an insult to only refer to what you personally are/aren't comfortable with and has nothing to do with you interfering with other people's lives, then it is pretty immature. Kinda like being called a "chicken".

Yeah, I was going to say this. Prudishness is more about being judgmental than about one's personal desires or celibacy. Although society can decide you are a prude just because you don't get involved in dating or sex, assuming you must be judgmental, because why else wouldn't you do it? It's annoying. 

• Like 3
quadfasciata

Almost every time I read a post on here that doesn't explicitly explain what the sexual reference was.

• Like 5
puffin74656

In one of my favorite books, a character comes out as lesbian to the main character, and check that the main character is straight, but she uses the phrase "straighter than a ruler," and so many times I have thought she meant the mc was very straight-laced. Or just confusedly thought about those plastic rulers that you can bend and they won't break. She just came out, and I'm like . . . rulers.

• Like 4

So I had a very funny incredibly ace moment.

So I was watching How To Catch a Smuggler and some drug smuggler tried to smuggle cocaine in a hollowed out cake and in a fit of anger I yelled "They wasted a perfectly good god damn vanilla cake!" .

• Like 9
On 3/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, Barbio said:

Speaking of the term “prude”, one of my friends once called me “pruder than prude”.

I feel old thinking about the fact that I turn 19 in less than a month...

29 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

I feel old thinking about the fact that I turn 19 in less than a month

You won't get any sympathy from me on that! :P 

(I'm more than 3 times that age)

• Like 5

Currently I am at my parents home and a few days ago me and my mom where on a walk and met some art students. They were performing art in public space.

one of them was drawing on a big wooden board and I was wondering what they drew. Those trees with the flower in between looked very abstract to me.

today we where on another walk and arrived at the same place. And my mother said to me: “look, the vulva is still hanging there”

• Like 1

Reminds me of an episode of the US sitcom, Everybody Loves Raymond, where Ray's mother made an abstract sculpture that resembled the same thing. And everyone noticed it except her (until much later - they were all too nervous to tell her).

• Like 1

When I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the main thing that stuck in my brain was the fact that they ate Meatloaf, which I found (and still find) disproportionately hilarious. I seem to value puns over the bacchanalia.

Every so often my friend will show me a picture of a guy that she thinks is just the most handsome sexy guy ever and I’ll just look and one time before I could control myself I just said  ew. 

• Like 3
WhoReallyCares

I remember I had a dream where I was in a parking lot of an amusement park or something and these rando kids come up to me trying to make me date a girl.

I said no and then walked away, trying to get away from them, but the girl kept trying to flirt with me and I just walked faster until she stopped in front of me. Then she started to talk to me even more. It was a very uncomfortable moment. I was just standing there when my mom woke me up. I was happy to get out of there aliv- before things got worse. I don't want to see what would have happened if I hadn't been woken up. :wacko:

Does anyone else have awkward dreams like this one?

I don't know if it means anything, but I know some of my dreams don't make sense, and maybe it's one of those.

This random mind of mine creates dreams like one where I was rolling on a log in the air falling down into a big flooded high school while fighting robot Santa Claus from Futurama.

Yeah, random.

Edited by WhoReallyCares
Error and rewording
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, WhoReallyCares said:

I remember I had a dream where I was in a parking lot of an amusement park or something and these rando kids come up to me trying to make me date a girl.

I said no and then walked away, trying to get away from them, but the girl kept trying to flirt with me and I just walked faster until she stopped in front of me. Then she started to talk to me even more. It was a very uncomfortable moment. I was just standing there when my mom woke me up. I was happy to get out of there aliv- before things got worse. I don't want to see what would have happened if I hadn't been woken up. :wacko:

I don't know if it means anything, but I know some of my dreams don't make sense, and maybe it's one of those.

This random mind of mine creates dreams like one where I was rolling on a log in the air falling down into a big flooded high school while fighting robot Santa Claus from Futurama.

Yeah, random.

I once had a dream where I was at school, and was told I'd have to date someone, and could only pick their gender (I couldn't say "no one"). Then the class went on our "dates" at an amusement park. The ride went through different, very disconnected scenery. One part was buildings, another was rain forest. I clambered off soon after and went to the beach, which was the part of scenery the ride was at at that moment. I'm pretty sure I thought something along the lines of, "It's no fun to be at these places if we only get to look at them." It was uncomfortable and weird to have a "date" but once I was off of the ride the entire business went out of my mind pretty quickly. (I may have talked about this dream before on AVEN. If it was on this thread, whoops!)

My dreams are always really weird and random. Sometimes awkward, like that last one (at least I did manage to escape!), others just strange. I don't remember too much of last night's but I know for sure it involved a book series (about some world vaguely similar to Oz, with for instance children that hatch from eggs and fly) that was being somehow applied to my life (in the dream, that is). My mom and I had traveled somewhere (I believe another country) for a vacation, and then the people trying to reenact/recreate the books started bugging us.

• Like 1

I just remembered this bc of this thread (sex and age expectations):

For A-Levels we read a book about a 27yo woman who felt in love and told the guy she loved, that she had never had sex before. Our teacher was wondering how a 27 yo could still be virgin and that this would not be normal.

i didn’t identify myself as aroace yet (I already did researches about asexuality but I told myself I wouldn’t be ace) but during this time I felt as if I would not even be fallen in love by the age of 27 not to mention having sex... bc it all seemed so abstract to me and I felt that I couldn’t fit in

so I sat there very quiet and felt very uncomfortable in the whole situation and everyone around me seemed to agree with our teacher

• Like 5
Black Tourmaline

my mom walks into my apt while i'm watching "Lovely2" MV's. she's all like "these girls are like 12!" and i'm like "i know right? they are so talented!"
later on i realize maybe she thinks i'm sexually attracted to 12 year old girls. 😵 i should really just come out to her already.

• Like 1

My friends were speaking about boy and girl problems, I was just there listening and I never really wanted to get into the conversation since I never knew what they truly meant. They then said something about a problem where two people of the same friendship group both had a crush to this one person and I couldn't relate at all. The conversation moved onto what everyones sexual crushes was and I have not came out to all of the people in the group but one of my friends (who knows I'm ace) helped to steer the conversation away from it coming towards my time to answer. 

• Like 10

@WinterAce That was cool of your friend. I hope (if you're able to) you can give them a hug to show your appreciation.

• Like 5
On 3/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, Black Tourmaline said:

my mom walks into my apt while i'm watching "Lovely2" MV's. she's all like "these girls are like 12!" and i'm like "i know right? they are so talented!"
later on i realize maybe she thinks i'm sexually attracted to 12 year old girls. 😵 i should really just come out to her already.

I had to Google that. I can see what you mean...

Bronztrooper
On 3/11/2021 at 7:14 PM, Cyberspace2001 said:

I was once told by one of my friends to whisper "sweet nothings" into their ear. So that's what I did. I whispered the words sweet nothings into their ear. They laughed immediately after. I didn't understand why until they explained it to me. Probably my most ace moment.

Should've said "Motorcycle cop", because of Muppets.

But seriously, what are 'sweet nothings' supposed to be????

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

No idea, but I hate whispering into my ear with a burning passion, so comprehension hasn’t gotten past “that sounds awful”

• Like 2

More like "somewhat ace moment" but anyway:

Me: "...so yeah, it took me like a decade but now I realize I'm an ace."

Friend (male): "I'm a gynophile. It means I'm attracted to women because they are women, not because I'm a guy. I think that if I turned into a woman, I'd still like women."

Me: "I can't quite wrap that around my head, but that may be at least partially because I'm an ace."

Friend: "Well, actually allosexuals have trouble figuring that out, too."

So yeah. 

• Like 5
WhoReallyCares

I remember there was this girl in my choir class that was trying to be really nice to me until she eventually stopped. I don't know if she was flirting or just being nice? Whenever she talked to me, I just kinda walked out of the conversation as quickly as possible. I realized a long time later that she could have been trying to flirt. I'm glad she stopped. I didn't know her at all, yet she still wanted to talk to me.

Edit: Also I heard a song once that kept saying, "Love is better than chocolate" and I thought, "Don't you degrade chocolate!"

• Like 1
On 3/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, WhoReallyCares said:

Yeah, random.

The closest things I have to "Sex Dreams"  are like PG/ pg13 film sex scenes. There might be a kiss or something, then it fades away. I should have known. 

On 3/20/2021 at 4:04 AM, Bronztrooper said:

Sweet Nothings= "We're out of Chocolate." or "Coca-Cola Zero" or "Can you buy sugar at the store?"

• Like 1
LiveLaugh(Love?)

I was watching a show with my family and there was some blatant innuendo in several scenes. 

I just wanted to hide and stared deeply into my bowl of chocolate ice cream.