Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I should have realized I was ace sophomore year of high school when I used the phrase "friends with benefits" very wrong and was corrected by an eighth grader. I thought it meant a friend that you thought was kind of cute. I was very wrong. Never made that mistake again. 😳

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Dr. Mendo said:

I had a history teacher who had a big crush on Alexander Hamilton and Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, but she never called either of them her boyfriend. 

The way a geography teacher I had in high school carried on about one of Canada's Prime Ministers, you'd think he was crushing on him...

On 12/13/2020 at 2:18 AM, daveb said:

Or take 'stuff' off during live shows and toss it on stage. :P 

That can be interpreted in many different ways 😋😋

13 hours ago, Cowgirl_Kat said:

I should have realized I was ace sophomore year of high school when I used the phrase "friends with benefits" very wrong and was corrected by an eighth grader. I thought it meant a friend that you thought was kind of cute. I was very wrong. Never made that mistake again. 😳

Oh god that reminds me of how I used milf to refer to a character and I'd used it in the wrong context even though I knew what it meant.  This was before I realized I was ace.

Basically, I meant to use it in the sense of 'this is a character that is commonly referred to as a milf'.  What I failed to realize was that the term itself was supposed to be used in direct reference to how I felt about the character's appearance.

So... yeah, kind of embarassing that I unintentionally implied that I wanted to sleep with someone....

• Like 4

I'm really dense when it comes to things like flirting (which is honestly kinda weird to me), meaning that I won't recognize it until its something disgustingly obvious like "Are you an Angel that fell from the sky?" and who seriously uses those anyway. My friends and I were eating out and one of them was chatting with some guy she already new quite well. At that time she still had a boyfriend, but their relationship was quite difficult. She said that she probably shouldn't chat with the other guy like that, because he is flirting too heavily and showed us the chat. I was the last one to see it and everyone was saying how his flirting is too intense, so I was kinda expecting something shocking, whatever that may have been. I can't remember the exact content, but it must've been like "I really enjoyed watching the Movie together. How about you come over again? ..." or sth. along those lines. I didn't say it out loud, but I really can't see the heavy flirting. Isn't it just a normal conversation? 😅 Really can't tell, when does talking become flirting? Are there some indicators I missed out on? 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

That can be interpreted in many different ways 😋😋

I think it was mostly things like bras and panties, intimate items they could take off without being exposed afterwards (or even during).

• Like 2

There's many intriguing and entertaining stories here.

Idk how well I can contribute to the gist of this thread, given my lack of social experiences (not even people I know make sexual jokes) and interest in mainstream media, but what comes to mind are few potentially sexual(?) encounters with friends that may have been signs...

Early adolescence, a couple of times that my chest was touched (unwarranted) -- first incident caused me great awkwardness/discomfort, second incident caused utter confusion and paralysed anxiety toward how to even react.

First lip-kiss was rather a hazy memory; I've no recollection of how it was/how I felt (apparently not exciting, though). It potentially even influenced a later dream of a kiss by some person that was disturbingly and uncomfortably cold and slimy (and as though their lips could fall off).

Few years later, experimented with a platonic friend of activities that went from mild to sexual touches. Discovering the lack of true attraction to them and the acts (with frustrating times), and disappointing results of sensations than initially imagined, caused only me to attempt stopping the continuation.

Also, it's awkward to see sexual content on TV/in films, esp. to watch with someone -- I tend to look away, occasionally glancing to see if it's over, wishing it'd pass already. Even simply kissing causes discomfort (moreso when it's making out vs. a brief peck; the less attention made to it, the better).

And I probably don't even understand flirting in general...

Edited by Shadowbird
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, daveb said:

I think it was mostly things like bras and panties, intimate items they could take off without being exposed afterwards (or even during).

Yes it was. Mind you I don't recall hearing about panties being thrown at the stage, but I'll your word for it :P

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, will123 said:

but I'll your word for it :P

Well, I'm only relating what I think I remembered hearing at some point. No actual personal experience. :P 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, daveb said:

Well, I'm only relating what I think I remembered hearing at some point. No actual personal experience. :P 

Same here LOL I think we would've been pretty young in those days!

• Like 1
Obsessed_With_Dragons

I actually had an ace moment just now! I was reading my English textbook for high school, and the characters were talking about a tall dead man. They kept on talking about what it must have been like being a tall man (hard to fit through doors, sturdy furniture, etc.), and then they mention that his wife must've been the happiest woman in the world. My immediate thought is, "Wait, this is a HIGH SCHOOL textbook?!? How did that get by the editors? 😲" because K - 12 textbooks are often really cautious when it comes to this sort of stuff. And then I remember that I'm actually the cautious one in this scenario. 🤪

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, CBC said:

Today at the age of 35 and three quarters, l learnt that's it's assumed taller men have larger dicks.

Apparently there are urban legends about shoe size correlating with dick size too.

People are strange.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, SocialMorays said:

Apparently there are urban legends about shoe size correlating with dick size too.

People are strange.

I might be able to top this.

We have a saying in German that nose size correlates with dick size. 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, CBC said:

I'm gonna come up with a new one.

Liver size correlates with dick size. Spread the news. 😈

Gives new meaning to the phrase "lily-livered"...

• Like 3
TrustTheCloak
4 minutes ago, fairyofsuburbia said:

I might be able to top this.

We have a saying in German that nose size correlates with dick size. 

*squints* 

What? Makes you wonder, considering the convetional beauty standards of Germany, if men with larger noses are considered better in 'that' way.

Do many people take this saying seriously, or is it referred to more as a joke now? (Kinda hoping the second one , that's the more sensible option lol)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TrustTheCloak said:

*squints* 

What? Makes you wonder, considering the convetional beauty standards of Germany, if men with larger noses are considered better in 'that' way.

Do many people take this saying seriously, or is it referred to more as a joke now? (Kinda hoping the second one , that's the more sensible option lol)

I'd say it's pretty much exclusively used as a joke.

My friends broke up and I didn't know they were dating, I kinda assumed it didn't work out, so now I'm trying to figure out an appropriate way to respond to "we dated but we are friends again so it's fine"

WhoReallyCares

A few days ago, I was at Great Clips getting my haircut. When I got in, there was a man and a woman, one of which was working with a different patent. When I was almost done with my haircut, the male hairdresser made a comment on my eyelashes that sparked a conversation. It sounded something like this:

Male hairdresser: Your eyelashes are so long!

Me: Thank you.

Male hairdresser: The girls will like that!

Me (for some reason trying to act confused): What?

Male hairdresser: Hey (the female hairdresser's name that I forgot), look at this kids eyelashes!

Me (inside):Please no

Female hairdresser: Yeah, they are long!

Male hairdresser:The girls will like you for that!

Me: Okay.

Me (inside):  I can't think of anything else to say.

*Room goes quiet*

Me (inside once again): Do they think I'm gay now or something?

If I ever get a haircut with that hairdresser again, I hope he doesn't do anything like this again.

That is the most awkward time I have ever had a haircut.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, WhoReallyCares said:

A few days ago, I was at Great Clips getting my haircut. When I got in, there was a man and a woman, one of which was working with a different patent. When I was almost done with my haircut, the male hairdresser made a comment on my eyelashes that sparked a conversation. It sounded something like this:

Male hairdresser: Your eyelashes are so long!

Me: Thank you.

Male hairdresser: The girls will like that!

Me (for some reason trying to act confused): What?

Male hairdresser: Hey (the female hairdresser's name that I forgot), look at this kids eyelashes!

Me (inside):Please no

Female hairdresser: Yeah, they are long!

Male hairdresser:The girls will like you for that!

Me: Okay.

Me (inside):  I can't think of anything else to say.

Me (inside again): Good thing my stepdad is still in the car or this would be even more awkward.

*Room goes quiet*

Me (inside once again): Do they think I'm gay now or something?

If I ever get a haircut with that hairdresser again, I hope he doesn't do anything like this.

Wut

What do eyelashes have to do with anything?  I'm confused

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bronztrooper said:

What do eyelashes have to do with anything?  I'm confused

They help protect your eyes from grit. Very useful, very important, very...sexy?

I guess they're supposed to make people look sensitive/thoughtful or something, the original eye shadow.

I’ve just recently realized I’m ace, but looking back on my life it feels kinda obvious. 
When I was about 15 or 16 my mom and I were talking in the car. It was just the two of us so we were talking about some more private stuff and I was asking why sex was appealing (autocorrect wanted to change that to appalling and I’m dying). It’s just two naked people shoving their gross privates at each other and the literal words out of her mouth were “You’ll understand when you find the right person”. No mom, no I won’t.

One time my fam went to an event that served Better than Sex cake and my brother asked my dad if it was actually better, barf, and he said no. That was so embarrassing.

At a school event I was hanging with a group of friends and some of them started showing off their boyfriends. It was kinda awkward and when I mentioned that I’d never dated anyone one of my friends, whose been with a bunch of different guys, said she could probably hook me up and my first thought was “that sounds like a lot of work”. I ended up not getting any guys numbers and being fine with that. She and my cousin also were talking to these British dudes and were talking about how sexy their voices were and I was like why? They’re just British?

Anyway, I’m new to the community but it’s fun to read about everyone’s experiences!

• Like 11
MakeupJunkie4
On 12/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, TrustTheCloak said:

*squints* 

We have an old saying in the U.S. that men with big ears are sexy. Not sure why but....yeah.

A big Ace moment in my life had to be a couple of years ago when I was at some seminar with my former church group. My Pastor was talking about relationships and marriage and said that he gets concerned when married couples that he counsels tell him that they don't have sex "regularly." For a few seconds I thought he was joking so I giggled a tiny bit...

I was the only one who thought it was funny...

He was not joking...

• Like 4

I had someone give me a truffle once. They said it was better than sex. After eating it I said 'if this is better than sex, I don't how accidental pregnancies happen, y'all act like you just get carried away but if that's better than sex, sex must be a chore.'

I hate sex scenes in movies and skip over them. I had an argument with a friend about Carnival Row because she thinks the first sex scene was good, meanwhile I think it drags on, both parties look like they're faking it (in-universe), and I can't imagine what they're getting out of it other than risking STDs and pregnancy.

And I could never understand how the teens moms in my high school got pregnant in the first place. I thought it was super easy to not have sex. People have assured me that it's easy to get carried away and not a character flaw. I was relieved to learn my school want full of people without self-control, then horrified to learn that was normal.

• Like 10
On 12/19/2020 at 7:36 AM, WhoReallyCares said:

If I ever get a haircut with that hairdresser again, I hope he doesn't do anything like this.

I practically never go to a hairdresser because I simply let my hair grow (and also one hairdresser cut my ear when I was little and blamed my ear so that I absolutely refused going there as a child and had my parents do it). So when I decided at 25 that I wanted short hair I asked my little brother how much to tip. His answer: The less they talk the more I tip.

• Like 3
On 12/20/2020 at 2:15 AM, MakeupJunkie4 said:

We have an old saying in the U.S. that men with big ears are sexy. Not sure why but....yeah.

Weird, I've lived in the US my whole life and never heard that

• Like 5

Just learned that one of my cousins (on my mom's side of the family) fathered yet another new baby today with his new-ish wife, who I've never heard of.

Among my three cousins, I have officially lost track of who's married to who, how many times they've been married, and how many kids they all have. All I know is that this side of the family is drastically outnumbered and will continue to be forever ('cause I'm sure as heck not going to try to compete with them).

• Like 3
MakeupJunkie4
12 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Weird, I've lived in the US my whole life and never heard that

it's more of an old school thing. Like Clark Gable had big ears and women of his time were ape over him. Not sure if it originated with him or went back further, but once in a while, there's a casual/comedic mention, "You know what they say about men with big ears...!" *shrug* A lot of people aren't familiar with it because it's so old. Haha.

SallyBlackwater

I have another ace moment to tell 😃 recently I had a dream that featured BTS. In the dream, they were all sleeping in one room and I barged in. One of the members, who is one of my bias wreckers and in my opinion one of the most beautiful men to ever exist, was sleeping on his belly, completely naked, and with no bedsheets. I got a nice view of his butt, a very aesthetically pleasing butt for sure, but after the "oh wow, nice butt curve" moment, two thoughts crossed dream me's mind: "please for the love of God DO NOT turn around, I don't need to see that" and "hmmmm okay, I guess it's just better if I leave the room, byeee" 🤣🤣  

• Like 4