43 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Isn't that what socks are for?

Urrrrggghhh....

AceMissBehaving
1 hour ago, Custard Cream said:

*Goes green again*

I’m so sorry!!!!

• Like 1

@naakka Personally I don't like to describe a female as cute. In my mind it refers to a girl in her teens and I don't want to go there. One will catch my eye and I shudder for looking at her. All I can think of then is the subject of Jethro Tull's Aqualung.

:(

I just read some posts about being nudity averse and I realised nakedness mostly just feels uncomfortably vulnerable. Even if I can't see the parts I'm repulsed by, it's still... you know, you can't run in the forest or climb boulders naked, you're completely exposed to potential wounds and just generally unwelcome sensations. I just want the person to cover themselves be it only for comfort and practicality. That's what nudity is to me, inconvenience and discomfort ^^'

• Like 6
18 hours ago, griffinej5 said:

So, a friend posted screenshot of a Facebook ad she got for an after sex clean up product. Well, now I know that’s a thing people might need I guess. 

6 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Isn't that what socks are for?

Giggles, snigger 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What about the curtains? 

2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Giggles, snigger 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What about the curtains? 

So you've heard that joke...

• Like 1
On 1/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, i.r3beka said:

I see cute and hot differently.

Interesting to see everyone's perspective on the two terms. I always sensed there was something different about the word hot, and it tended to have -- as I thought at the time lust-filled and later see is sexual -- component. Therefore I never used/use the term and actively dislike it.

Cute always had a tone of a childlike/kittens/puppies aesthetic, which I will use on rare occasions for kittens (but not puppies, sorry I am afraid of dogs) but always seems a bit infantilizing to me and therefore I do not use it for people. I can't stand when people refer to others as baby, any infantilization of humans I really hate and cute just seems too close to inflantilizing humans for me to ever use it when referring to people.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Cute always had a tone of a childlike/kittens/puppies aesthetic, which I will use on rare occasions for kittens (but not puppies, sorry I am afraid of dogs) but always seems a bit infantilizing to me and therefore I do not use it for people. I can't stand when people refer to others as baby, any infantilization of humans I really hate and cute just seems too close to inflantilizing humans for me to ever use it when referring to people.

Interesting analysis! I don't use "cute" for adult people either, if they don't especially wish that (there's some subcultures such as lolita fashion where it's preferred), I use it for children, young animals, clothes etc. And calling someone "baby" is just weird (well that's actually not a term to describe an adult person on my native so I practically never hear it anyway) 🙄 and actually, I hardly ever say to anyone they're beautiful as a person. I just tell their eyes, smile, hair etc (the part I find pretty) is beautiful. And I'm very careful to say even that, to avoid aroace misunderstandings 8)

• Like 1
TophatNTails

Speaking of terrible ads, I just got one for a mobile game which seems to be your average roulette game, but instead of winning money, you get a scantily clad monster-girl disrobing in front of you. But wait, it gets worse. Part of the ad featured a shirtless firefighter standing in front of a volcano with a fire hose (yeah, like that's gonna do anything), and there was this scratchcard-like thing over the guy's crotch, which this finger was slowly scrubbing away at. Throughout this experience I was going "Oh for god's sake, why are you showing me this shit? WHEN CAN I SKIP YOU?!"

• Like 4

That moment when you realize that you only exist because your parents were sexually attracted to each other in days of yore (they're divorced now but that doesn't make the sex thing any less disgusting)

3 hours ago, TophatNTails said:

Speaking of terrible ads, I just got one for a mobile game which seems to be your average roulette game, but instead of winning money, you get a scantily clad monster-girl disrobing in front of you. But wait, it gets worse. Part of the ad featured a shirtless firefighter standing in front of a volcano with a fire hose (yeah, like that's gonna do anything), and there was this scratchcard-like thing over the guy's crotch, which this finger was slowly scrubbing away at. Throughout this experience I was going "Oh for god's sake, why are you showing me this shit? WHEN CAN I SKIP YOU?!"

P. S. WHY

1 hour ago, cAROlyn said:

That moment when you realize that you only exist because your parents were sexually attracted to each other in days of yore (they're divorced now but that doesn't make the sex thing any less disgusting)

In my mind, I tried to do the math and go back 9 months to figure out what the occasion was.  It was either my dad's birthday or April fools day.  I prefer the birthday one.

1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

In my mind, I tried to do the math and go back 9 months to figure out what the occasion was.  It was either my dad's birthday or April fools day.  I prefer the birthday one.

Well, I would have been around my parents anniversary and my dad’s birthday. So now I’ve thought about that, and I wish I didn’t. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of a friend telling me about her visit home for her parents' 50th anniversary (which I wasnt aware of at the time). 

"You're back to Ontario two years in a row". Usually she came home every other summer.

"Well it's Mom and Dad's 50th, so seeing as I'm the reason they gotten married, I figured I'm obligated to show up".

My buddy that knows I'm aro ace texts me tell me about the 'scenery' on the Golden Globes. I should've told him that I'm trying to cut back.

I've told him that I'm quite at ease about being asexual and he was really cool (in a good way) about it when I came out to him. The only question he had for me at the time, was about me commenting on a females 'assets' (which I still do at times). 

Me: "Apparently I'm aesthetically attracted to females even though I'm not attracted to them sexually or romantically"

Him: "What?"

Me: "Don't ask because I don't know either..."

• Like 2

Oh. Haha. So, I was in high school, reading in the library when this guy approached me. He was 7 years older than me, but I looked old for my age. So he did what I later learned was chatting me up. Then he asked if he could take me to a movie. Now. Keep in mind, I was a dumbass. I said ok. And went to a secondary location with him. In his car. I did not realize it was a date until he started to give me a lap dance during the movie. It was really annoying, we paid money for that movie, and I couldn't see it around him. To this day I'm still not sure if lap dances actually turn people on. Like? Is that a thing? What?

He did not get a second date.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

I was a mistake

If my dad had done as he was told I'd have been shot into space 😋😋

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

Ohh trust me that doesnt even always work. Theres a thing called. *ahem* nsfw

Reveal hidden contents

Pre-ejaculation, sperm that will leave the body way before a man actually ejaculates so even a "pull out" doesnt always work

No wonder there are 7+ billion of us on this small rock.

Bronztrooper
19 hours ago, Arc320 said:

Oh. Haha. So, I was in high school, reading in the library when this guy approached me. He was 7 years older than me, but I looked old for my age. So he did what I later learned was chatting me up. Then he asked if he could take me to a movie. Now. Keep in mind, I was a dumbass. I said ok. And went to a secondary location with him. In his car. I did not realize it was a date until he started to give me a lap dance during the movie. It was really annoying, we paid money for that movie, and I couldn't see it around him. To this day I'm still not sure if lap dances actually turn people on. Like? Is that a thing? What?

He did not get a second date.

I'm just imagining the guy trying his best to get your attention while you're just giving him a "Could you NOT?" face and trying to watch the movie around him.  😆

But seriously, WTF was he thinking?

• Like 1

I had another ace moment recently that I want to share. It was a friend's birthday party and we were doing karaoke. Another person at the party (who is also ace) said she wanted to do a dramatic spoken-poetry style reading of Anaconda. We cued it up, and we both started doing it. There were some parts that were kind of uncomfortable that we didn't say, and we ended up talking about body positivity and how women shouldn't be defined by whether or not they can/do have sex/are sexually attractive.

But anyway there's one part of the song that's just "oh my god. look at her butt"

And we were both standing there, repeating this dramatically, and I just couldn't help thinking about how we were two aces saying that. About halfway through, I said something like "is this what sexual attraction is like?" and we both agreed it was pretty ironic that the two of us were repeating that phrase.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zzkitty42 said:

And we were both standing there, repeating this dramatically, and I just couldn't help thinking about how we were two aces saying that.

Kinda like when me and my ace friend were listening to "Bend and Snap" from Legally Blonde 😂

slytherin queen
On 1/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, PoeciMeta said:

I just read some posts about being nudity averse and I realised nakedness mostly just feels uncomfortably vulnerable. Even if I can't see the parts I'm repulsed by, it's still... you know, you can't run in the forest or climb boulders naked, you're completely exposed to potential wounds and just generally unwelcome sensations. I just want the person to cover themselves be it only for comfort and practicality. That's what nudity is to me, inconvenience and discomfort ^^'

i totally feel that way too. nudity is very uncomfortable for me and like, i always think that the person is freezing. I didn't know nudity averse was a thing. That's cool to have a name for it. 

• Like 3
slytherin queen
On 1/5/2020 at 11:23 AM, TophatNTails said:

omg what the actual heck

slytherin queen

I had an asexual moment yesterday. I saw a post on tumblr that mentioned how gogo's outfit (from big hero 6) was sexual. (it's a body-con type suit) and like. i had to stop reading and i just thought "people think that outfit is sexy?" I just couldn't understand how or why people saw it that way. Like, she'd need it for flexibility, right? 

• Like 5

This was before I knew I was aro, but I knew I was ace. A friend of mine confessed to me. He knew I was ace and we would have to be long distance, which works for me (I'm not good with physical contact), so when he asked if we could try dating, I wanted to give it a shot. The only problem: is there a social protocol to start dating someone? Secret code? Password? Hug? My aro ace brain panicked and I stuck my hand out. I SHOOK HIS HAND. YES HELLO IM SO PLEASED TO WORK ON THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU

• Like 8
46 minutes ago, dwgreatpond said:

I SHOOK HIS HAND. YES HELLO IM SO PLEASED TO WORK ON THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU

This story isn't related to dating, but it involves awkwardness about physical contact. So anyway, I was at my high school graduation, and I passed my (then fairly new) friend N as we made our way to the arena. He said congratulations and then... was this going to be a hug, or a handshake? I thought 'Guys like to shake hands' and I shook his hand. It was limp. Then we both burst out laughing because that wasn't what he meant.

This one's more of an ace moment:

When I was younger, I read in a book of tricks that peeled grapes supposedly feel like eyeballs. To gross myself out, I peel the occasional grape and run my finger over it, pretending it's an eyeball, and then I eat it. Immature, yes. Fun, also yes.

When I and some of my friends were in the dining hall, I was peeling a grape and E asked me what I was doing. I said I was 'peeling and feeling' the grape. Then he said that he liked to do that with people.

Me: OH NO...…… *only now realizing the implications*

At a past job of mine we would have to take a bunch of information down from our clients, like name, address, phone number, and so on. I would often get people asking worriedly what we would do with the information, since they didn't want it to be sold or start getting unsolicited sales calls and the like. So I was helping out this one client and his friend, was taking down his number to which he asked if I would call him. I immediately went into my spiel about how oh no, all this information stays private, no one will be calling you, etc, etc. It wasn't until near the end of the transaction that it dawned on me that he was actually trying to flirt with me, and I had inadvertently shut him down so fast 😅My  coworker who witnessed the whole thing laughed so hard at me after they left 😂. Not sure if this is so much of an ace moment or just a complete lack of understanding of flirting, but that is currently the most ace moment I can think of.

• Like 4