Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Custard Cream
22 minutes ago, Arodash said:

No no, no pain. She just glares and tolerates. Or runs off before promptly returning for pets

Awww she sounds adorable!

16 hours ago, DarkStormyKnight said:

OKAY I JUST REALIZED THAT IT'S "CUFFING SEASON" AND NOT CUDDLING SEASON LIKE WTF GUYS

Ok, but like as someone who 100% loves cuddling... can the ace community take back winter and relabel it cuddling season?

I want to curl up with my boyfriend in winter and drink warm beverages and just like... cuddle. Stay inside under blankets, enjoy each other's company when there's nothing else to do. I'd be pretty content if that's all we ever end up doing when we hang out. 

• Like 6
59 minutes ago, Anommamous said:

What on earth is cuffing season? I keep picturing the hem of a soft fleece robe or sweater.

idk and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Anommamous said:

What on earth is cuffing season? I keep picturing the hem of a soft fleece robe or sweater.

From context clues it’s time of years allos do something....haven’t figured out what, and there’s no way I'm having that on my google search history.

@Arodash

Thank you for taking one for the team haha. I wanted to know but also didn’t want to look it up.

So is that like when people get married they’re “tied down,” or like how people describe their spouses as millstones?

My mom and sister are in the kitchen talking about my sister's "type" and I'm just kinda chilling out in my room avoiding that conversation entirely

• Like 8

“Cuffing season” sounds kinda suggestive 😖. Given the fact that everything seems to be twisted into something sexual nowadays, it sounds more like a term to describe like an unofficial period of time to explore bondage or something 😨. Apparently, it seems to be more of a psychological phenomenon where the cold frigid weather leads people to spend more time indoors, leading them to yearn for company as it becomes tougher to distract oneself with outdoor activities. Regardless, it sounds like something that isn't applicable to me 🏃💨.

Also, why are relationships described with such frightening language lol. All this imagery about chains, handcuffs, being tied up, etc. Like, man, that really incentivizes makes me to try dating /s 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
On 12/5/2019 at 6:09 PM, Aebt-Ætheling said:

I completely forget that people have sex. I went with my neighbor-dormmate (dormmate-neighbor? what do you call the guy who is one dorm down from you?) to the dorm complex community center because we were suppose to have a meeting with the RA, turns out it was cancelled but my neighbor-dormmate asked at the desk if he could have a free condom. Apparently they give them out free but honestly the thought that anyone would need a condom didn't cross my mind and for a brief moment there I was mystified why he needed that.

Then it hit me, the majority of people have sex.

I had think about it for a moment, but I think you mean suitemate, but that can apply for anyone in your suite, not necessarily the one next to you.

At some point in time, I wondered if my closest cousin was having sex.  I wanted to think, she doesn't talk about it, at least with me, so can I really conclude that she doesn't?  But I started thinking, she had all those boyfriend dramas starting in middle school.  I was making an assumption that she was experiencing sexual attraction by then.  At one point I told her and her boyfriend about a friend who was biromantic.  She had some luck being somewhere hitting on a straight girl and a gay guy.  So I was explaining that it's just romantic, no sex.  The boyfriend said, "oh there's always sex at the end of it."  Then one day my cousin said that she may want to have a child with her boyfriend in the future, after so many years of saying that she didn't want any.  She had taken birth control pills in the past but they were making her fat so she stopped.  Silly for me to think that those pills were just for controlling periods.  So she says that she's not using the pill but they do use protection.  There's my confirmation.

On 12/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, AnotherAce💜 said:

I think I always got the jokes, but never thought they were funny. I also never understood why girls talking about crushes would giggle so much. 
I remember one aro moment was when I asked my mom why EVERY song was about love, wasn’t there other things to sing about? Lol

Let's sing about cats and cake!

On 12/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, DarkStormyKnight said:

OKAY I JUST REALIZED THAT IT'S "CUFFING SEASON" AND NOT CUDDLING SEASON LIKE WTF GUYS

I like cuddling season better.  It's cold in the winter and huddling for warmth is advantageous.  Cuffing does sound like a BDSM thing.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:36 AM, zzkitty42 said:

Ok, but like as someone who 100% loves cuddling... can the ace community take back winter and relabel it cuddling season?

I want to curl up with my boyfriend in winter and drink warm beverages and just like... cuddle. Stay inside under blankets, enjoy each other's company when there's nothing else to do. I'd be pretty content if that's all we ever end up doing when we hang out. 

It shall be cuddle and chill.  Bodies close together and not much movement.  No extra actions.

Yesterday I was asking my roommate about the cat and the kitten they tried to adopt but end up sending back.  The kitten didn't learn how to clean by licking their butt.  The two never met, but my roommate's original hope was that the cat would lick the kitten's butt for them.  Somehow within that, my roommate didn't finish this sentence: why would anyone want to lick ass?  They got an ace moment there, except I would actually agree with that statement.

• Like 3
On 12/5/2019 at 10:01 PM, Arodash said:

When I was going through EMT basic I really did not like the sections on human reproductive organs. And I still feel SUPER uncomfortable asking patients about their sexual activity and reproductive systems during patient assesment. Super weird, but. Vital for treatment. 

When my gynecologist asks me about my sexual activity, I reflexively lie about it. Following the instant she asks me, my mind preemptively conjures up imagined scoldings she'd give me if I told her the truth, and the decision to lie is made. I think it's because I'm married that I'm compelled to lie about this. Because I'm married, the question she'll ask is about what form of birth control I'm using, not whether I'm sexually active.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arodash said:

What would a sneaky cat wear to be extra sneaky? Sneakers! Lol

No pussyfooting around.

• Like 3
nerdperson777
16 hours ago, Arodash said:

Well I mean its not exactly a want with animals its more, mutual grooming and sometimes adopted parenthood. When I got my kitten her adopted big brother would spend hours cleaning her. 

When my dog growing up gave birth she ate her newborn's droppings to keep the area clean, very gross, but also beautiful seeing the motherly dedication 

They were thinking in general.  "Why would anyone want to lick ass?"  They are allo, and allo people may indeed like to lick some asses, which is why they wanted to retract that statement.  Plus my cousin sent me a video today of her cat licking her foster kitten's butthole.  It wasn't as effective as one might think because she said that the cat's mouth stinks.

4 hours ago, Arodash said:

So I was at the barber getting my usuall biweekly haircut, a crisp proffesional high and tight, and she asked "so have you started dating again?" And I was like "no and I dont think im going to. Because Its really hard when your asexual" to which she asked "whats an asexual" understandable, as we all know we are pretty rare like unicorns. "Well I dont experience sexual desire, I dont have sex" to which she just replied "well thats weird"

Why yes it is and im perfectly fine with that 😎

That's a horrible reaction to your comment.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, will123 said:

On the bright side, atleast she didn't deny our existence or give the speech about why she thinks asexuals don't exist.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, will123 said:

It's possible she meant 'weird' as 'unusual'.  Which, tbf, asexuality is unusual in the grand scheme of things.

Besides, many things that are common/accepted now were at one point considered 'weird', so it's not really that bad of a reaction, all things considered.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, will123 said:

I’m inclined to agree. In my experience weird has the same negative connotations as “crazy,” “insane,” “very odd,” etc. Nobody in my personal experience anyway has used “weird” in a “different, but not bad” way like you might call something “intriguing” or “unusual.”

While the posters above me aren’t wrong that there are worse reactions she could have had, I’d say her reaction is far from ideal.

12 minutes ago, Arodash said:

But I dont pressume to try and think what she could have meant, especially in my area the word weird tends to go along with something being unusual or different. I think her reaction was pretty appropriate for someone who has never heard of an asexual before, it comes from a place of ignorance not some bigotry and is understandable

I’m not saying that’s “definitely how she meant it,” I said in my experience it usually has negative connotations.

I’ve been called weird a couple of times, and believe me it wasn’t a compliment.

Something doesn’t have to come from a place of bigotry to be insulting. Calling someone ugly, for example, doesn’t stem from bigotry, because it’s not a comment on beliefs but on appearance, but it doesn’t mean calling someone ugly isn’t insulting, you know?

I feel like a better reaction would’ve been to just not say anything. Idk maybe a better example of what I’m trying to say would be to put weird in the context of something else, say trans people. People that call trans people weird aren’t being complimentary either.

Disclaimer because tone doesn’t convey well over text, not putting you down or anything, not trying to be inflammatory, just explaining why my esteem of her reaction was different than yours.

17 minutes ago, Arodash said:

You didnt come off that way at all dont worry, I also hope I didnt come off this way, that also would not have been my intent

Nah, you’re good. You didn’t. That actually isn’t something that I’ve experienced in this community here, I just wanted to put that out there in case. 

This is a good community, as my dad would call you all, you’re “good people.”

Custard Cream

I love this community. I feel more at home here than I ever felt anywhere else. I can be myself here and not be judged.

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, Custard Cream said:

I love this community. I feel more at home here than I ever felt anywhere else. I can be myself here and not be judged.

Agreed

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Custard Cream said:

AVEN is awesome.

From general chats to down right weird conversations like the homicidal cow incident to pure chaos (in the Chaos thread obviously)

• Like 7
Phantasmal Fingers

🖐️🖐️ 🍰 😛 👍

• Like 3

#asexual moments
When you meet multiple people through dating apps that you would be excited to be friends with and have sleepovers and discuss star trek but they've already girlfriend zoned you they want to have "sleepovers" and discuss "other things" or otherwise not be friends at all thus ruining all the platonic fun you could be having and you begin to think you might be on the wrong website lol
Apparently people don't generally look for friends on dating sites 😂 idk why not. 

Are there friending sites that people actually use actively and will meet you in person? I tried bumble for friends and a few more obscure sites, but either the users weren't active, or they just messaged endlessly but didn't want to hang out in person. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Arodash said:

I know the pain! But dont worry we can always argue on her who is the superior captain, Picard or Kirk?

Correct answer? Wild card! Captain Jonathan Archer of the NX-01

My favorite captain is Picard, but I haven't gotten past deep space nine yet. 😁

• Like 2

Not a moment, but I've just gotta say how much I love the ace character in Outer Worlds and if anyone tries to trash talk her about anything (especially her being ace) I won't hesitate to throw hands

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Arodash said:

Shes. Just so much fun. I take her on all my adventures

Same.  I never switch her out for anyone else

21 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Same.  I never switch her out for anyone else

I need to play outer worlds!! I don’t know about the game yet but I’ve heard these good things about it. Imma watch a walkthrough lol

• Like 2
nerdperson777

My DnD friends were trying to decide a time to play.  One wrote in the chat "let's play some f*ing video games!"  I said, "if they're f*ing, idk if I would play that."  The reply I got was an unamused "-_-".  I said that all the flirting in the game was making me extra aro too.  She said in her other game, she had an aro ace character who would end up in weird dating simulator situations on accident.  I said that was basically our last game.  Originally she was getting some interests, with several girls early on and it eventually turned into the other girl trying to get with everyone.  She then said, "why are all my characters dating sim MCs?"  I guess it just kind of happens with allo people.

My roommate was watching a show where someone could be pregnant.  The husband bought a pregnancy test.  So asked where they put the pregnancy test.  I did not know that they were meant to be peed on.  Both my roommates said that sex ed had failed me.  The only kind of sex ed I remember was learning about puberty in 5th grade and asking the guys about hairy armpits when they finished their session.  Never had any sex ed in middle or high school.  I wouldn't have learned anything from my parents either since there's no chance of them doing any of it.

I can't remember learning anything in sex-ed I did'nt already learn through generally hanging out in society.

No teacher told how a pregnancy test works, neither about asexuality nor transgenders.

Mostly just the number of innuendos i have said by accident. 

Worst one so far has been:

Spoiler

You can come through my front entrance

• Like 3