you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Incredibly Ace Moments

pcctheant

My friend made me read a part of this book and I thought it was just two people kissing in a closet. Turns out they were having sex. I then became extremely confused because literally all I knew about that series was that scene and eventually people kiss on the Ferris Wheel.

• Like 1

fragglerock

@pcctheant Do you mean that people kiss on the ferris wheel in the series, or that you thought kissing on the ferris wheel meant sex IRL?

BTW welcome! Per tradition, welcome cake 🍰

• Like 1

cp1213

Friend: You should be in a sexual relationship with him. 

Me: You meant an asexual relationship lol.

• Like 4

Amy94

My two best friends are very different - one doesn't like talking about personal things in public or discussing things like periods at all, the other is the opposite and always making sex jokes.

I'm probably in between, in that I don't really mind but I'm not very aware of the language. I remember in secondary school (when I would have been around 13/14) some girls in my class asked me if I had met any boys, and I was like 'Well obviously, i don't just only know females' and then later I found out 'met' was the slang for french kissing - I was actually told that by my younger sister.

And whenever I see new terms on the internet, I always ask my friend to google them, since I don't like googling things if there is any chance it could be sex related.

Also, is that movie you're talking about Love Simon?

ElasticPlanet
On 10/17/2019 at 6:43 AM, iyote said:

I keep catching myself thinking that asexuality is the default sexuality.  For instance, I'll think of my friends as ace until they say something clearly allo, and then I'll be surprised.

Yeah... I mean, in the 4 years or so that I've known what the words 'sexual attraction' actually mean, I'm still somehow surprised every single time I come across someone who actually experiences that.

• Like 3

Barbio

Spoiler alert, don't read this if you haven't made it all the way to the end of Spyro: Year of the Dragon:

Spoiler

I (finally!) beat the third Spyro game today, and I couldn't stop giggling over Spyro's reaction to seeing Hunter and Bianca kissing. "Another hero falls victim to the plague of love"? That sounds exactly like something a purple dragon would say. ;)

Spoiler

Also, I want to tell Bianca that she shouldn't date Hunter because "he's a cheat-ah". /end corny jokes

Laplace

It’s kinda hilarious how devoid my life is of romance and sex. My parents have been divorced for the majority of my life (and none of them are dating anyone or planning on remarrying), my brother is not dating anyone (to my knowledge), and I have never been in a relationship. It just has zero presence unless it’s introduced by an outside force.

• Like 4

Arodash

I was lured to a friend's house with the promise of meeting a tiny 8 week old princess of a kitten. But alas she did not arrive today and I am now very grumpy. You cant promise adorable kitties and not deliver

• Like 14

MCLoves

I hate shirtless guys. Can’t stand them at all, be it in real life or in movies, games, etc. Drives me crazy.

• Like 6

MCLoves

Sex scenes in movies disgust me. Hearing people I know talk about having sex with their significant other is disgusting. That stuff’s personal and none of my business. I shouldn’t see or hear anything about it. It’s gross. Don’t involve me.

• Like 4

Laplace
6 hours ago, MCLoves said:

I hate shirtless guys. Can’t stand them at all, be it in real life or in movies, games, etc. Drives me crazy.

I dislike them in games or if they’re in combat in any media because it’s literally the worst idea ever. Yes, expose the most vulnerable and vital part of your body, that’ll surely work out well 🤦🏻‍♂️. Don’t mind the fact that a single well-placed arrow/gunshot/etc. will probably destroy a vital organ and kill you.

• Like 2

Arodash
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

I dislike them in games or if they’re in combat in any media because it’s literally the worst idea ever. Yes, expose the most vulnerable and vital part of your body, that’ll surely work out well 🤦🏻‍♂️. Don’t mind the fact that a single well-placed arrow/gunshot/etc. will probably destroy a vital organ and kill you.

To a certain extent your correct but in things like fighting games, less clothes is appropriate because clothing can slow you down and allow your component to grab onto something. In the world of games like shooters, yeah no you want shirts. And body armor. Lol in fact most combat shirts are made from the same material as my fire gear, Nomex, because its great at protecting you not just from heat but also from abrasians. In the field simple cuts can get infected very quickly

• Like 1

daveb

Historically, though, there were cases of men going bare-chested for battle/fighting. But not usually a smart move, especially the more technologically advanced war became.

• Like 5

i.r3beka

Well, maybe. But if we move from games here for a minute to just fighting in real life in general, clothes do have advantages.

yes, it’s true someone can grab your shirt, but at least in Krav Maga they have measures to deal with that. Plus clothing would be useful for ground work. Ground work hurts like a you know what, I can’t imagine the excruciating pain one would feel doing ground work on something like asphalt and while shirtless.

Setting that aside though, it’s also so gross. Have you ever noticed how grimy your hands feel after work, or going out? Germs are everywhere imagine all the stuff on your hands on your body as well. Ugh. 

If it were socially acceptable and not ugly I’d recommend everyone walk around in hazmat suits. You’ll thank me later haha

Cake to anyone who gets that reference

• Like 3

Arodash
1 hour ago, i.r3beka said:

Well, maybe. But if we move from games here for a minute to just fighting in real life in general, clothes do have advantages.

yes, it’s true someone can grab your shirt, but at least in Krav Maga they have measures to deal with that. Plus clothing would be useful for ground work. Ground work hurts like a you know what, I can’t imagine the excruciating pain one would feel doing ground work on something like asphalt and while shirtless.

Setting that aside though, it’s also so gross. Have you ever noticed how grimy your hands feel after work, or going out? Germs are everywhere imagine all the stuff on your hands on your body as well. Ugh. 

If it were socially acceptable and not ugly I’d recommend everyone walk around in hazmat suits. You’ll thank me later haha

Cake to anyone who gets that reference

The office. Dwight. Lol HAZMAT suits are fun but they get HOT spending just 10 minutes in one and you are soaked in sweat. When I took HAZMAT tech I had to do my end test practicles in a level A suit. Hated it

• Like 2

daveb
2 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

You’ll thank me later

Monk?

The regular cloth most shirts are made of isn't going to offer a lot of protection in fighting or from things like "road rash", not even thicker cloth like good denim in some jeans. (speaking from experience, although it was not fighting but rather a road accident)

• Like 1

Arodash
12 minutes ago, daveb said:

Monk?

The regular cloth most shirts are made of isn't going to offer a lot of protection in fighting or from things like "road rash", not even thicker cloth like good denim in some jeans. (speaking from experience, although it was not fighting but rather a road accident)

The best clothing for protection from the elements in my opinion are either nomex, or ripstop style natural fibers like cotton. Also leather is realllly good

• Like 1

Lanti SF

So the health department sent over a bunch of condom samples for our OTC class, including some finger condom thingies.

I've used them before, they're really nice if you have a cut on your finger in the kitchen and bandaids don't stay on when you need to wash your hands every 5 minutes. Also they're great for if you need to count a lot of money. 

• Like 7

Arodash

Condoms are also great for retaining water. And tampons are GREAT for gunshot wounds. Hence why I keep some on my jump bag

• Like 6

i.r3beka
4 hours ago, Arodash said:

The office. Dwight. Lol HAZMAT suits are fun but they get HOT spending just 10 minutes in one and you are soaked in sweat. When I took HAZMAT tech I had to do my end test practicles in a level A suit. Hated it

Monk haha, but I did see some episodes of the office and that was funny, especially the vending machine prank. That is awesome though that you took HAZMAT tech. Huh, I didn’t think the suits would be hot. But I guess that was a dumb assumption

on my part,  I usually assume white clothing = cool, without thinking about it’s material or layers.

@daveb

Ayyye! Cake for you!!

• Like 5

naakka
8 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

But that would actually lead to the new generations become super allergic to everything ;) even today people are way more allergic than the older generations who's families tend to have farm animals at home and they played in dirty environment as kids.

• Like 5

daveb
1 hour ago, i.r3beka said:

Ayyye! Cake for you!!

I'll thank you for it later. ;) 

(what a great show it was! I remember the episode where he got to chill out in a clean room in a white clean suit at the end.)

• Like 2

Arodash
2 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

Monk haha, but I did see some episodes of the office and that was funny, especially the vending machine prank. That is awesome though that you took HAZMAT tech. Huh, I didn’t think the suits would be hot. But I guess that was a dumb assumption

on my part,  I usually assume white clothing = cool, without thinking about it’s material or layers.

@daveb

Ayyye! Cake for you!!

Weell you gotta remember they are made from material that is designed to not let anything in. And that includes out, full level A suits create their own atomosphere just like an SCBA does, the SCBA works in conjunction with the suit, but even then a level B, which only requires an air filtering mask doesnt breath either

• Like 3

Bronztrooper
9 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

58 minutes ago, naakka said:

But that would actually lead to the new generations become super allergic to everything ;) even today people are way more allergic than the older generations who's families tend to have farm animals at home and they played in dirty environment as kids.

This just reminds me of the Quarians in Mass Effect

• Like 2

Skycaptain
9 hours ago, Arodash said:

. And tampons are GREAT for gunshot wounds. Hence why I keep some on my jump bag

Not a sentence I was expecting to read :P

• Like 3

Arodash
8 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Not a sentence I was expecting to read :P

Neither was I when an old army medic came to lecture my EMT-B class on extreme trauma care hahahaha

• Like 4

Anommamous

@nerdperson777 was the handwritten sign referring to the soaked dude? Is that whose shirts they were claiming to hide?

Arodash

I would like to take some time everyone and spin you a tail, a tail of my own kitten. My kitten is a small all black little queen with a very regal name, for I named her and her 2 sisters I gave all of them such regal names due to their obvious royalty.  Anyway! My kitten and all her sweetness once saved my life when she was only 13 weeks old, well thats what we tell her. For you see, I the great and powerful Arodash suffer from a deviated septum and so, snore a little, well one day after a very long shift I came home and felt it appropriate to take a nap, yes even I take naps, I know so hard to believe.

Well, apparently my princess heard me snoring and promptly freaked out, what is this sound? What is pappa doing? She thought to herself, is pappa dieing? So! She sprung into action! Quite literally if I might add she leapt onto the bed and out of pure desperation began to leap upon my chest, over and over again until I awoke! Thats right everyone my princess performed kitty cat CPR.

And so that is the tail of how my sweet little kitty "saved" my life. If anyone tries to tell my kitten otherwise they will feel my wrath

• Like 10

Nick2
58 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I would like to take some time everyone and spin you a tail, a tail of my own kitten. My kitten is a small all black little queen with a very regal name, for I named her and her 2 sisters I gave all of them such regal names due to their obvious royalty.  Anyway! My kitten and all her sweetness once saved my life when she was only 13 weeks old, well thats what we tell her. For you see, I the great and powerful Arodash suffer from a deviated septum and so, snore a little, well one day after a very long shift I came home and felt it appropriate to take a nap, yes even I take naps, I know so hard to believe.

Well, apparently my princess heard me snoring and promptly freaked out, what is this sound? What is pappa doing? She thought to herself, is pappa dieing? So! She sprung into action! Quite literally if I might add she leapt onto the bed and out of pure desperation began to leap upon my chest, over and over again until I awoke! Thats right everyone my princess performed kitty cat CPR.

And so that is the tail of how my sweet little kitty "saved" my life. If anyone tries to tell my kitten otherwise they will feel my wrath

I hope she got a little extra Meow Mix that next morning.

• Like 3

Arodash
49 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

I hope she got a little extra Meow Mix that next morning.

Like any good queen she is picky. She decides what food she likes day by day. 

• Like 3