Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

A positive (aro)ace moment today! One company have started to play a Christmas-themed add on tv. There's a man and a woman and they do nothing sexual nor romantic (imo). They don't kiss, hug, hold hands etc. They're fully clothed while baking (and burning) gingerbreads, just laying on the sofa one next to another, playing pillow fight and again laughing while lying on the bed without any physical contact. If that was what the society called a relationship, I'd be into it!

Edit: I found the add.

• Like 8
33 minutes ago, Arodash said:

The ad just sounds so wholesome! But. Burning gingerbreads? No. Ohhhh no. That is cardinal sin against bakery items and I will not stand for it! 

A very Ace moment :P

• Like 6

One of my best friends started dating my friend and then he started relating to me in overt detail his sexual encounters with her. He was clearly bragging, and I hated it! It’s fine now since she went on a study abroad program, but I wonder sometimes if I should have talked to her about it while she was here. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Arodash said:

I always HATED hearing about other people's sexual experiences with another person. To me its a HUGE violation of the trust and privacy with your SO, to the point that when my EX told me she would talk to her best friend about our. Expirementation. I asked her to stop, that it was no one's business

Yes like how does it benefit anyone to talk about your own sexual encounters? It makes no sense *shakes head*

• Like 5
On 12/9/2008 at 4:08 PM, Billie said:

A friend: 'Hey, you got something on your hair'

Me: 'What'?

Friend picks up the 'something' and shows me: a small sticker with a G on it, probably from a t-shirt I had tried on previously

Friend: 'Now we know where your G-spot is'

She knows I'm ace and that made us laugh so hard that day :lol:

cute :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Arodash said:

The ad just sounds so wholesome! But. Burning gingerbreads? No. Ohhhh no. That is cardinal sin against bakery items and I will not stand for it! 

It is!

Yea, like all that effort and expectations for nothing??? :(

• Like 1

Conversation with my therapist:

Her: I truly hope you will change and find love someday

Me: *bursts into laughter*

Apparently that wasn't the reaction I was supposed to have.

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, metelyk said:

Does she know you’re ace?

1 hour ago, metelyk said:

I’d tell her

”I truly hope you will change and find someday that platonic love is valid.”

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

Sounds like she doesnt fully understand asexuality

No, she does not. She is understanding of people being gay or bisexual, but she thinks asexuality (and aromanticism) is a temporary feeling that will change. When she said that I almost replied (I wasn't brave enough to actually say it): "you are married and in love with your husband, right? Well... that could change :)"

1 hour ago, Dr. Mendo said:

Does she know you’re ace?

Yes, she does. She said that in response to my question, "do you believe that my orientation will change with therapy?" I think she expected me to sigh and agree that it was a result of my current feelings... instead I just laughed out loud.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Arodash said:

What is this grand ideology? 

It is that Chubby Puppies are the cutest creatures on earth. . . . Anyone who dares challenge this is clearly a martian invader

I don't like dogs in general, puppies in particular. 

In that case: Earthling, take me to your leader.

23 minutes ago, metelyk said:

I almost replied (I wasn't brave enough to actually say it): "you are married and in love with your husband, right? Well... that could change :)"

That would be the best retort! Might anger her if she doesn't have a sense of humour, but how funny and unexpected that would have been for her.

• Like 3
DolphinLover22
38 minutes ago, metelyk said:

Yes, she does. She said that in response to my question, "do you believe that my orientation will change with therapy?" I think she expected me to sigh and agree that it was a result of my current feelings... instead I just laughed out loud.

I've told my therapist for the last month that I'm ace, and she just keeps coming up with ways to try to get me to feel differently. Mostly because I told her I wish I wasn't. But she doesn't believe it's really a thing. She gives me a bunch of confused looks whenever I try to explain stuff to her 😂 She is a great therapist, and has helped me a ton! It's just this section she struggles with

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Arodash said:

My therapist doesn't know very much about asexuality but is perfectly willing to learn and understands what it means to me his goal is to help me find purpose in this world and happiness knowing that I may never enter a relationship again

That sounds like he's a very supportive person :)

• Like 3

Honestly, I do want to eventually see about talking to a therapist, but I doubt I'd come out to them unless I know for sure that they'll be understanding about me being ace.  Main issues are money and privacy about it (as in having sessions without other people knowing about it unless I want them to), but atm I'm gonna wait for a few months and see how things go for me.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Bronztrooper said:

Honestly, I do want to eventually see about talking to a therapist, but I doubt I'd come out to them unless I know for sure that they'll be understanding about me being ace.  Main issues are money and privacy about it (as in having sessions without other people knowing about it unless I want them to), but atm I'm gonna wait for a few months and see how things go for me.

I got therapy this past summer, and it was really helpful. It was before I was really out about being ace, but it still helped me a lot, so I highly recommend it. ❤️

• Like 5
lilyofthevalley
7 hours ago, Arodash said:

Okay okay, world peace means all humans love either chubby puppers OR minipanthers. Both are equally cute and I am HONORED to serve a minipanther..... even though shes a spoiled brat! I still give her my heart

Hmm... I have a phobia of dogs and cats make me sneeze. Plus I’ve always enjoyed having birds in the garden.

does that make me a Venusian?

• Like 3

I’m far more popular with animals than I am with people AFAIK. One cat in my neighborhood will immediately try to climb on me as soon as I crouch down 😅, and it will bury its head in my jacket or try to touch my face with its paw.

Also, I am happy about the fact that I got through an entire Thanksgiving party without being asked any questions about my relationship status 🥳!

*FF victory fanfare*

It’s a miracle, esp. since a lot of relatives were there.

• Like 6
nerdperson777

*sigh* My mousepad went to the corner and closed my browser without saving my progress.

Can't really go through all the stuff in my mind again so I'll just go to my ace moment.  My roommate was playing Sims and she got asked out on a date.  Looking at the menu, I said that the clam chowder seems good.  My other roommate said, "YES clam chowder on your first lesbian date."  I start wondering, "what's so wrong with-"  I knew that clam is a euphemism for the body part but apparently chowder is also a thing, being compared to certain white fluid.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

*sigh* My mousepad went to the corner and closed my browser without saving my progress.

Can't really go through all the stuff in my mind again so I'll just go to my ace moment.  My roommate was playing Sims and she got asked out on a date.  Looking at the menu, I said that the clam chowder seems good.  My other roommate said, "YES clam chowder on your first lesbian date."  I start wondering, "what's so wrong with-"  I knew that clam is a euphemism for the body part but apparently chowder is also a thing, being compared to certain white fluid.

* sighs with disappointment at your roommate's joke *

• Like 3
fooledbysecrecy
On 11/27/2019 at 10:01 PM, metelyk said:

. When she said that I almost replied (I wasn't brave enough to actually say it): "you are married and in love with your husband, right? Well... that could change :)"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idk why people feel entitled to question any lifestyle/orientation/choices that are not the norm, like so many times after i've been asked if i have a boyfriend/kids/want to have kids i've been asked "why?" when i've answered no. but what if i asked someone if they're married/have kids etc and then asked WHY when they say they do, i don't think they'd take kindly to it. so why the hell is it okay the other way round...........🙄 

and anyway i don't understand why people must ask such personal questions in the first place.. especially since these (at least in my experience) are usually just casual acquaintances such as work mates.

12 hours ago, Laplace said:

One cat in my neighborhood will immediately try to climb on me as soon as I crouch down 😅, and it will bury its head in my jacket or try to touch my face with its paw.

omg goals 😻😻😻

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

* sighs with disappointment at your roommate's joke *

X2

Chowder?

FFS!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idk why people feel entitled to question any lifestyle/orientation/choices that are not the norm, like so many times after i've been asked if i have a boyfriend/kids/want to have kids i've been asked "why?" when i've answered no. but what if i asked someone if they're married/have kids etc and then asked WHY when they say they do, i don't think they'd take kindly to it. so why the hell is it okay the other way round...........🙄 

and anyway i don't understand why people must ask such personal questions in the first place.. especially since these (at least in my experience) are usually just casual acquaintances such as work mates.

omg goals 😻😻😻

You WON’T be taken kindly.

I am very vocally CF. My cousin once removed asked me at dinner why I got a dog. I told her because I wanted one. She said “that’s the last thing you need, why do you NEED a dog?” I asked her flat out “why is it ok to ask why people need pets but nobody ever asks why anyone NEEDS kids. Nobody NEEDS kids either.” 

Conversation killed haha.

11 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

My roommate was playing Sims and she got asked out on a date.  Looking at the menu, I said that the clam chowder seems good.  My other roommate said, "YES clam chowder on your first lesbian date."  I start wondering, "what's so wrong with-"  I knew that clam is a euphemism for the body part but apparently chowder is also a thing, being compared to certain white fluid.

I was today years old when I learned about this euphemism. I...could have gone many more years without knowing. 😭

• Like 4

One thing I dread about the Christmas season is all the relatives asking if I'm dating and if I want kids. So many of my relatives are the old fashioned religious type and I've had my grandma say 'Once you have kids you'll love them'. I think thats a terrible idea - get pregnant, have kids AND THEN be sure you want them?! 

my older aunts and uncles dont believe asexuality is real - they say it's 'invented by young people looking for attention". my aunt said that and I said 'that doesn't make sense since hardly anyone knows about asexuality. if i was going to use my orientation for attention id use one people would recgnoise like gay' (for the record I would obvioulsy never do that, just making a point).

I was getting stressed just thinking about my family's annual Kris Kindle on my dads side of the family - an entire day with all my relatives. last time they told me I looked like an elf (because I am short and was wearing a green dress) and I got so many comments about it i asked to be taken home early. I think I left after about half an hour.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Amy94 said:

One thing I dread about the Christmas season is all the relatives asking if I'm dating and if I want kids. So many of my relatives are the old fashioned religious type and I've had my grandma say 'Once you have kids you'll love them'. I think thats a terrible idea - get pregnant, have kids AND THEN be sure you want them?! 

I wish people who say things like that would stop and think about the implications of what they’re saying. It’s kinda disturbing to think that being impregnated and then giving birth somehow fundamentally and forcefully changes your beliefs like you’re being taken over by a mental parasite that induces some sort of variant of Stockholm Syndrome. 

Also yeah the relationship questions from relatives during the holidays are balls. As the eldest son in an Asian family with very few male relatives, there is a mounting pressure to date, marry, and have children. Dad’s relatives are also traditional and religious so that adds to it 😐.

• Like 6

This week has been interesting to say the least. Thursday, last week, a female friend asked about coming over to my house to see the Mandalorian and play KOTOR the following day, it took me nearly 20 minutes after agreeing to that to consider that it might’ve been meant as a date. A few hours after school and I get texts asking me to go sit next to her in her last class (I don’t have any classes during that time) before we go to my house and the entire time she asked me to work on my own homework because I was distracting her.

More happened (nothing sexual luckily) and I’m still trying to process what exactly happened..

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

This week has been interesting to say the least. Thursday, last week, a female friend asked about coming over to my house to see the Mandalorian and play KOTOR the following day, it took me nearly 20 minutes after agreeing to that to consider that it might’ve been meant as a date. A few hours after school and I get texts asking me to go sit next to her in her last class (I don’t have any classes during that time) before we go to my house and the entire time she asked me to work on my own homework because I was distracting her.

More happened (nothing sexual luckily) and I’m still trying to process what exactly happened..

Wait what? I’m very confused she told you to go sit with her in class and then told you to do homework because you’re distracting her?

That’s, I don’t know.  There is something there but I don’t know the word to describe it.

You know what that’s like? That’s like when you go out to eat and someone says they don’t want fries / sauce and then when your food comes they take your fries and steal your barbecue. 

It’s just a somewhat contradictory choice of actions and words.

Good luck trying to figure that out. That’s confusing af.

Obligatory ETA

Spoiler

I’m not fanatical about sharing fries the sauce thing kills me though. I guess I am the only person in my circle of friends and family that thinks double dipping is gross.

@Arodash

Right?! It’s like you are an adult, order your own damn fries haha.

That’s funny haha. It reminds me of a story a coworker told me. She was at a vacation resort and there was a cut running around. It rolled on its back and was acting affectionate so she went to scratch it’s stomach. It bit her. Later, her husband found the cat and she told him “hey, go pet that cat.” And it bit him as well haha! Man, I miss her, she was the best I loved her haha. 

If someone wants my food, they must ask nicely or offer food in exchange. My family shares stuff at restaurants all the time, but a trade is always required unless the food is explicitly freely given.

Apropos of nothing, why must every song playing at work be about love or something similar? I just want a song to play that isn’t about relationships and romance for once 😩.

• Like 1