Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Speaking of casual hookups (ew!)...

It took me way to long to understand why girls come into my dorm building late at night and disappear into the other student's rooms. 😮

• Like 2
On 10/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, questdrivencollie said:

Hello. I identify as demisexual, but am questioning if I'm fully ace. Hope it's okay to post here.

A couple weeks back I was working the register and a guy, looked like a dudebro, comes up and asks if I'm doing anything tonight. I respond with "yeah, work", cuz I'm working til close that night. Then he asks if I want to come back to his place. I turn him down of course, but guy was heavily, heavily flirting even after that point. Was awkward and I'm glad that doesn't happen all the time.

Oh, and then someone I know happened to come up just as the guy was leaving and he, still flirting, was like "I'll see you at 8!" and leaves. I was like, hoping the person I knew didn't think I was actually dating him or something, lol.

I wasn't disturbed or terribly, terribly uncomfortable, but it was definitely awkward. I'm just glad it wasn't my mother who went in line after him! (She shops at the store sometimes, and usually goes through my line if I'm working that day.)

Ugh 🤦🏻‍♀️ that is seriously unacceptable. I wish people understood it’s not ok to hit on people when they’re at work in a customer facing business. I don’t know why it’s so hard for allos to understand that, it’s unacceptable for the same reason teachers shouldn’t hit on students. I should make a flow chat for the allos

Is it acceptable to hit on this person?

|

are they in peril of disciplinary action from their job or personal retaliation if they turn you down as bluntly as they want?

/                     \

Yes                                     No

|                                          |

No.                          Then maybe

Honestly, if someone was trying to hit on me without being straight up about it, I probably wouldn't even know. And I probably say things that could easily sound like I'm flirting when all I want to do is continue a conversation.

• Like 6
LadyGagaIsMyGod
On 12/5/2008 at 7:36 PM, Amcan said:

I find I;m actually the one to think of the dirty stuff....

Will they take my badge away?

Although occassionally I think pussy always means a cat.

I have the total opposite problem, my best friend is the dirtiest minded dude i know, and by extension I am also guilty of being hilariously dirty minded.

So this is all his fault.

I once posted a picture of my cat on instagram and my best friend sent me a text saying 'whys there a picture of pussy on your insta?' and I panicked, thought someone had hacked my account or something, but no it was just my cat :) so that was the most intense 2 minutes of my life

• Like 7
On 10/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, i.r3beka said:

Ugh 🤦🏻‍♀️ that is seriously unacceptable. I wish people understood it’s not ok to hit on people when they’re at work in a customer facing business. I don’t know why it’s so hard for allos to understand that, it’s unacceptable for the same reason teachers shouldn’t hit on students. I should make a flow chat for the allos

Is it acceptable to hit on this person?

|

are they in peril of disciplinary action from their job or personal retaliation if they turn you down as bluntly as they want?

/                     \

Yes                                     No

|                                          |

No.                          Then maybe

Power inequality is a problem; people understand that this is why a lot of sexual abuse is committed by people in positions of authority, right? Right?! I’m so glad that FE Three Houses made romance impossible while you are teaching at the game’s hub, the monastery. Teacher-student romance is wrong, and it’s really uncomfortable when it’s fetishized, esp. in Japanese media since it’s such a common trope there. A relationship can not be equal if one person has a Sword of Damocles hanging over the other that they can let fall at any time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Laplace said:

Power inequality is a problem; people understand that this is why a lot of sexual abuse is committed by people in positions of authority, right? Right?! I’m so glad that FE Three Houses made romance impossible while you are teaching at the game’s hub, the monastery. Teacher-student romance is wrong, and it’s really uncomfortable when it’s fetishized, esp. in Japanese media since it’s such a common trope there. A relationship can not be equal if one person has a Sword of Damocles hanging over the other that they can let fall at any time.

I don’t know what a Damocles is but yes exactly 100% this.

9 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

I don’t know what a Damocles is but yes exactly 100% this.

Sword of Damocles is from mythology, about a sword hanging by a hair above someone's head. It represents an imminent peril, a precarious and dangerous position. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Sword of Damocles is from mythology, about a sword hanging by a hair above someone's head. It represents an imminent peril, a precarious and dangerous position. 

Ah! Then that is indeed the perfect metaphor. Thank you! 😊

nerdperson777
On 10/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, LadyGagaIsMyGod said:

I once posted a picture of my cat on instagram and my best friend sent me a text saying 'whys there a picture of pussy on your insta?' and I panicked, thought someone had hacked my account or something, but no it was just my cat :) so that was the most intense 2 minutes of my life

Once I had my laptop out during a break from teaching.  This one guy's dad likes to joke around with people and I was sitting next to him.  He said, "ooh, I see naughty pics.."  I freaked out and then, wait a minute, "This is just my email!"  All I did was have a browser open to my email to check things.

• Like 2
On 10/10/2019 at 3:26 AM, Dalissa said:

Honestly, if someone was trying to hit on me without being straight up about it, I probably wouldn't even know. And I probably say things that could easily sound like I'm flirting when all I want to do is continue a conversation.

I'd know only too late when the person would already think they had the chance of the century on me... which causes many "fun" situations 😓 I think that me looking "so relaxed" (= thinking I'm just having a casual conversation lmao) attracts people as being confident can apparently look sexy?

• Like 1

I've been told a couple times that I'm an easy person to talk to online, though I don't really see how- I just.... well, talk with people when common interests-experiences come into play.  Oddly I haven't gotten the same irl, but I do tend to wind up being the person people vent to in whatever circle of people I interact with regularly.  I suppose if those aspects combined with more people irl, I could probably end up in similar situations, but my being antisocial probably helps me to avoid that stuff

• Like 2
AngelofMusic997

Kinda a cringe moment that happened tonight but I'm gonna put it here anyways. I hope that's okay.

Had a friend of my aunt talking about relationships. She pretended to cover my ears before saying (something to the effect of) "[sexual] Intimacy is a key part of any relationship."

My first thought was "wtf I'm 22? why are you doing this?" and my second thought was just "*muffled asexual laughter*"

(She said a LOT of LGBT+-phobic things but that one stuck out, as I was "directly involved" with it, what with her pretending to cover my ears so as *not to hear the scandalous things that she said* or whatever tf)

• Like 2
On 10/12/2019 at 10:54 PM, naakka said:

I'd know only too late when the person would already think they had the chance of the century on me... which causes many "fun" situations 😓 I think that me looking "so relaxed" (= thinking I'm just having a casual conversation lmao) attracts people as being confident can apparently look sexy?

My personality kinda wards off any obvious advances; even if someone liked me, the fact that I’m rather enigmatic and difficult to read encouraged people to be really indirect (well, I guess indirect from my POV 😅). Confidence is probably half the reason anyone ever had a passing interest in me; I looked like I knew what I was doing and most people who seemed to like me were often also looking for academic guidance. Lots of people admire others who seem confident cause a lot of people are somewhat insecure themselves.

• Like 1
Solitary Lotus
12 minutes ago, Arodash said:

In a batman voice XD "we need more gauze on the ambulance!"

"Wheres the hydrant wrench!"

I’m dying! 😂

that would be seriously amazing!

• Like 2
Solitary Lotus

Hopefully instead of scolding you they pull out Batman cowls too. Then you all say in one unified voice “I’m Batman”

Edited by Solitary Lotus
  • Like 4
Solitary Lotus

But if I’m being real, your chief would probably just want you to take it off if it starts interfering with your work. It’s just a Cowl tho, so I would assume it wouldn’t have much affect. So go ahead and wear that cowl, be Batman, if only for a day!

• Like 2

My college roommate told me just yesterday he is basically moving out, leaving me with a double-room the all to myself for the entire semester. I told this to the only classmate I talk to and he said, "Good for you, now you can have girls in your room too - hint hint nudge nudge!"

That wasn't what I was thinking.

I was thinking finally no more snoring.

• Like 15

About an hour ago when I realized that putting 'sexy' posters on the wall is something people actually do outside of TV

Edited by Anommamous
Grammar fixes
  • Like 3
nerdperson777
16 hours ago, Arodash said:

Everyone I need advice.... my department has a staff meeting that falls on  halloween.... now I cant wear a costume because I need to be in uniform BUT! should I wear a batman cowl? And use the brooding batman voice?

I just thought you can wear a suit and be Mr. Wayne, or Mx. Wayne, or whatever prefix you choose.  Once I had a class where we had a midterm on Halloween and there were students planning to ditch class on Halloween, so foiled that plan.  Also, I'm not sure what was with that professor.  He was always gone for a week or something, including the very first week of class, and Halloween for conferences around the world.  So us students were stuck taking a midterm on Halloween while he was in Australia or whatever

6 hours ago, Anommamous said:

About an hour ago when I realized that putting 'sexy' posters on the wall is something people actually do outside of TV

That happened in my freshmen dorm.  It was part of a school spirit thing to have our living room decorated.  Of us 13, 3 of us were the introvert friends, while everyone else was fairly extroverted.  I didn't usually sit in the living room, since I usually rather be in my room doing my own thing.  But once I was in the living room.  Two girls were planning out the decorations.  They did this by having a bunch of magazines of seductive looking guys posing and trying to choose the best ones from there.  So one corner of the living room was a bunch of shirtless guy photos taped to the wall.  I recall one being some dude just drenched in water so his shirt was fairly see-through.  Then there was a written sign that said "IT'S OKAY, I HID THEIR SHIRTS."  I had not realized I was ace at the time, but having a bunch of shirtless guys on the wall as decoration would never have been my idea in a million years.  I think my suite did win best decorations, but it was because they made tape art on the wall.  I vaguely recall a building with a Bat Signal, or some sort of signal.  Now that part was pretty rad though.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

My college roommate told me just yesterday he is basically moving out, leaving me with a double-room the all to myself for the entire semester. I told this to the only classmate I talk to and he said, "Good for you, now you can have girls in your room too - hint hint nudge nudge!"

That wasn't what I was thinking.

I was thinking finally no more snoring.

Yeah, after college I never want to have to share a bedroom ever again. Snoring, going to sleep at weird times, etc. That’s just having someone sleep in a SEPARATE bed in the same bedroom. Like, the fact I’d have to potentially SHARE a BED with someone while in a relationship or after a one-night stand is probably enough on its own to deter me from both. Also, I apparently kick my feet a lot when I sleep so that’d be problematic too 😆.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Anommamous said:

When my female friends decorated their bedroom walls with posters of boy bands and male actors, I decorated mine with animals and pokemons 😆 also never understood the appeal of fireman calendars as a young adult, they just seemed over-hyped... like of course they would be fit while doing physically demanding job, what's the big deal? Yea, I had no clue 😁

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Anommamous said:

My walls are like completely blank lol 😂. Now that I think about it, I don’t want any large pictures/posters depicting anything that has eyes on them; it’d be kinda uncomfortable to have a bunch of things staring at me while I sleep (👁_👁) even if they were inanimate objects. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Laplace said:

My walls are like completely blank lol 😂. Now that I think about it, I don’t want any large pictures/posters depicting anything that has eyes on them; it’d be kinda uncomfortable to have a bunch of things staring at me while I sleep (👁_👁) even if they were inanimate objects. 

Hahahah! Yes!

Piece of Cake

There was this time I was sitting in class talking to a group of people. Early on, the conversation was about dogs and the different breeds. Flash forward about twenty minutes, and one of the guys in the group said how much he loved pussy. Being me, I said “wait, I thought you were a dog person.”he and both the girls immediately turned to stare at me and then laughed. They thought I was making a dirty joke calling him gay. After a few moments, they realized I was legitimately confused and explained the meaning and context of the word. A most embarrassing ordeal. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Piece of Cake said:

There was this time I was sitting in class talking to a group of people. Early on, the conversation was about dogs and the different breeds. Flash forward about twenty minutes, and one of the guys in the group said how much he loved pussy. Being me, I said “wait, I thought you were a dog person.”he and both the girls immediately turned to stare at me and then laughed. They thought I was making a dirty joke calling him gay. After a few moments, they realized I was legitimately confused and explained the meaning and context of the word. A most embarrassing ordeal. 

I really kinda hate the word pussy lol 🤢

• Like 2
fooledbysecrecy

i used to have a movie poster with shirtless guys on my wall when i was a teenager to pass as a "normal" straight cis girl.:lol: sure i had no idea about asexuality but didn't want to appear weird for not being the slightest bit interested in muscly shirtless dudes. so i pretended.

(unrelated but @Pheedre love the sherlock avatar!!! my son :'))

• Like 2
20 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

i used to have a movie poster with shirtless guys on my wall when i was a teenager to pass as a "normal" straight cis girl.:lol: sure i had no idea about asexuality but didn't want to appear weird for not being the slightest bit interested in muscly shirtless dudes. so i pretended.

(unrelated but @Pheedre love the sherlock avatar!!! my son :'))

I had different newspaper clippings and pictures of animals on my walls, as well as a couple of reptile skins and a peacock feather

Edited by Anommamous
  • Like 2