Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

My parrot used to curse me and my family out.

1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

My parrot used to curse me and my family out.

LMAO!

I imagine someone must've taught it? Had it belonged to a sailor?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, will123 said:

LMAO!

I imagine someone must've taught it? Had it belonged to a sailor?

Most likely my younger brother swore at it a couple times.

• Like 3
TophatNTails
23 hours ago, Arodash said:

Does anyone else give their pets a voice? I like to make my tiny black cat a sassy rebelious teenager because she acts like one XD 

"Princess what are doing?"

"Glaring at you pappa!"

I often imagine my black cat having a voice like what would happen if Terry Crews inhaled a large amount of helium (because he's big, black and powerful, but at the same time has this hilariously high-pitched voice).

My ginger cat would just have a voice like a perpetually tired cute little girl (because that's basically what she is).

• Like 5
Celyn: The Lutening
On 10/2/2019 at 5:43 PM, Arodash said:

Does anyone else give their pets a voice? I like to make my tiny black cat a sassy rebelious teenager because she acts like one XD 

"Princess what are doing?"

"Glaring at you pappa!"

Eddie would have sounded like Dug from Up.

• Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening

It's October! Time to celebrate ot being the month in which "bone" gets freed of sexual connotations!

• Like 5
4 hours ago, TophatNTails said:

I often imagine my black cat having a voice like what would happen if Terry Crews inhaled a large amount of helium (because he's big, black and powerful, but at the same time has this hilariously high-pitched voice).

My ginger cat would just have a voice like a perpetually tired cute little girl (because that's basically what she is).

LOL!

• Like 2
Custard Cream

Laughing at an image of two characters having an *ahem* very graphic interaction. A fellow ace commented that one of the had images of pizza and booze on their stockings. (I hadn't noticed. Please don't take my ace badge away.)

Aquilinaaaaaa

So I went to do the Rice Purity Test and got an 83. A lot of the questions are sex related so I am like...okay I will just pass.

• Like 2

One thing that I remember so clearly, when I realized that maybe I wasnt normal. I was in my late 20s. I was having a conversation with some friends and we were talking about arranged marriages, because one of them was from a south Asian culture that still practiced arranged marriages and we just had some questions about how it works. Needless to say I am completely horrified by the idea. One of the other women said, "But how do you know they will treat you well?" I was completely shocked that that was her main concern! My brain couldnt get past "SeX wItH a STrAnGeR?!?@!!" I felt like I needed to be rebooted but she just wanted him to be kind?! I didnt speak for the rest of the evening. That really shook me. 

• Like 5
On 10/2/2019 at 4:10 AM, cp1213 said:

latest?cb=20140126033052

I was rewatching Mean Girls when I noticed the table on the top right corner. It's nice to have some recognition for once lol. 

(It says "Asexual Band Geeks" if you can't see the writing)

Very nice of them also warning there's sexual activity in the woods xD

• Like 8
5 hours ago, lemon_lime said:

One thing that I remember so clearly, when I realized that maybe I wasnt normal. I was in my late 20s. I was having a conversation with some friends and we were talking about arranged marriages, because one of them was from a south Asian culture that still practiced arranged marriages and we just had some questions about how it works. Needless to say I am completely horrified by the idea. One of the other women said, "But how do you know they will treat you well?" I was completely shocked that that was her main concern! My brain couldnt get past "SeX wItH a STrAnGeR?!?@!!" I felt like I needed to be rebooted but she just wanted him to be kind?! I didnt speak for the rest of the evening. That really shook me. 

I'd been processing the same thing. One night stands would be the absolute horror for me too, since there's nothing to make you feel at least bit happy as the sex is the only focus. Being my sexual partner would be very unpleasant experience (for both of us) xD

• Like 1

Last Valentine’s Day before I realized I was ace, I was annoyed that I couldn’t really make a valentines card for my friends without it sounding like I like them so I decided that I would make really cheesy anime Valentines cards for myself and that’s what I did. When my parents saw me making my cards I could kinda see the pain in their face but that was okay because even though I knew I was ace, I also knew that this made me happy. I will make this a tradition for myself because I don’t feel like Valentine’s Day should be a sad holiday for all the singles ace or not. I have a whole list of bad anime puns and I’m not going to stop anytime soon.

• Like 9

Classmate: Do you think that guy over there is hot?

Me: Nah he's room temperature. 

• Like 11
Bronztrooper
15 hours ago, Arodash said:

I'd be too busy watching puppy videos on youtube to have sex, I mean come on who can resist watching adorable little puppers wrestle over a toy!!! LolI would BORE a potential partner

Can I watch too? :ph34r:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Queenoface said:

Last Valentine’s Day before I realized I was ace, I was annoyed that I couldn’t really make a valentines card for my friends without it sounding like I like them so I decided that I would make really cheesy anime Valentines cards for myself and that’s what I did. When my parents saw me making my cards I could kinda see the pain in their face but that was okay because even though I knew I was ace, I also knew that this made me happy. I will make this a tradition for myself because I don’t feel like Valentine’s Day should be a sad holiday for all the singles ace or not. I have a whole list of bad anime puns and I’m not going to stop anytime soon.

That’s adorable. I don’t think sending Valentine’s cards to your friends has to mean anything though! Maybe it just depends on the friends one has. But I love sending my friends cheesy Valentine’s ecards on the day, and we all know we’re just having fun. I could see for guys, maybe, because it’s (lamely) less socially acceptable to show loving platonic affection if you’re a guy. Most people don’t bat an eye when girls do it though. 

• Like 3
nerdperson777
3 hours ago, squishward said:

I could see for guys, maybe, because it’s (lamely) less socially acceptable to show loving platonic affection if you’re a guy. Most people don’t bat an eye when girls do it though. 

In Western society at least.  I saw some Wikipedia article where African soldiers freely held hands with each other without being afraid of being seen as gay.

• Like 1

My sister has been married for a few years now, but when she was still dating I remember we went swimming while on vacation and she spent most of her time clinging to her then-bf and acting all romantic and flirtatious. When I mentioned that I thought it was weird, all I got in return was "you'll understand when you're in love." 

Also, a moment in my psychology class where the professor was talking about how sex can be used to reinforce or punish people, and I just thought, "is it really so bad to not have sex?"

• Like 5

There’s a mission in Borderlands 3 where you have to deal with a pair of murderous bandits who are lovers in order to rescue someone they’re holding hostage. When one of them dies, the hostage tells you not to feel bad because 1). they’re insane psychopaths who murder people for fun and 2). they apparently engage in too much PDA which the hostage finds disgusting. I mean, reason #1 is enough, but #2 is unforgivable! They will not sully my aro ace eyes with such sacrilege 👿🔪.

On a serious note, intense PDA is like viscerally uncomfortable to be around. Like I know you love each other, but....ew 🤢, it gets a bit much at times.

Lol I just had an Ace moment...someone posted a gif.  on facebook of two people making out, and the girls reaction was, in my opinion, so over the top, so I commented "wow, this girl is a really good actress", genuinely meaning I thought the girl in the clip made it look really believable, and others were like, wha? Hahahaha whoops 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
nerdperson777

I was talking to my teacher last week and we had this conversation.

Teacher: What was she again?  (a girl from class)

Me: Demi and pan?

Teacher: Something else, pan...amorous?

Me: Polyamorous?

Teacher: Yes that.

Me: Actually pan-amorous would be weird.  It'd be "everyone's mine now".

• Like 2

Wait, back up. I was reading some of the responses on this forum, and like... People actually feel the "need" to have sex? I mean like in terms of evolution, it makes sense psychologically to maybe instinctually want sex, but like... What? People don't actually feel like sex is a need, right? Because like... it's not? I'm sorry, I think I'm having an ace moment right now...

Also, my story: so last year, my college roommate was very open about talking about menstruation, sexual desires, that sort of stuff. And since I'm very open about my asexuality, I told her almost immediately that I was ace, but I really don't mind talking about sex stuff with people. Like, sex is a normal means of procreation, and as long as you're not discussing doing anything with me, you're good. So we came to this rather odd agreement where she would explain to me the things about sexual desire that my ace heart very much does not understand.

So a few weeks in, she's complaining about PMSing, as one does. And normally when either of us complain about PMSing, it's because of cravings, so I asked her if I could get her any food to help. And she just goes, "No, I'm really just horny." And I sort of just raise an eyebrow at her, because we had that agreement, but also that seemed pretty unrelated to me. Like, we were just talking about PMSing, now we're talking about being horny? So after a moment she looks at me and seems to remember that I'm ace, so she goes on to explain that some females actually get horny before their periods. Which is like, what? I always thought that was just one of those myths meant to encourage the ideal that females desire sex. But apparently it's a real thing!!!!

Also I tend to think about sex from an academic standpoint, as I'm sure you can tell.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Flower_Lady said:

Wait, back up. I was reading some of the responses on this forum, and like... People actually feel the "need" to have sex? I mean like in terms of evolution, it makes sense psychologically to maybe instinctually want sex, but like... What? People don't actually feel like sex is a need, right? Because like... it's not? I'm sorry, I think I'm having an ace moment right now...

Yes, people absolutely feel sex is a need. 😛 Not quite like food and water I would assume. But like human contact, friendship, happiness, success, purpose. 🤷🏻‍♀️

46 minutes ago, Flower_Lady said:

Also I tend to think about sex from an academic standpoint, as I'm sure you can tell.

Same here. Sex is interresting and useful ... but I don't feel the need to experiment it first hand.

Hermit Advocate
12 hours ago, Flower_Lady said:

She just goes, "No, I'm really just horny." And I sort of just raise an eyebrow at her, because we had that agreement, but also that seemed pretty unrelated to me. Like, we were just talking about PMSing, now we're talking about being horny? So after a moment she looks at me and seems to remember that I'm ace, so she goes on to explain that some females actually get horny before their periods. Which is like, what? I always thought that was just one of those myths meant to encourage the ideal that females desire sex. But apparently it's a real thing!!!!

Yeah, I get a bit of a libido spike when I'm PMSing. It's really annoying and it makes me feel uncomfortable, like my body is betraying me. That's about the only time I've ever felt like I actually felt like I have a libido. My periods are bad enough for me to deal with without having that on top of it. Thankfully it doesn't happen every time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hermit Advocate said:

Yeah, I get a bit of a libido spike when I'm PMSing. It's really annoying and it makes me feel uncomfortable, like my body is betraying me. That's about the only time I've ever felt like I actually felt like I have a libido. My periods are bad enough for me to deal with without having that on top of it. Thankfully it doesn't happen every time.

Whoa I didn’t know this was a thing, myth or otherwise. I have a normal libido tho so a spike maybe not have registered. I’ll have to take note next time. 

• Like 1

I had to look up an article as an school assignment and I came across an article that says: "Does having little to no sex at an older age harm your health?"

My immediate answer was no and I thought it was one of the most ridiculous questions I read.

However, then I realize after reading the article that for some people out there, it's one of the important aspects in their relationships....

• Like 2
rainbowocollie

Hello. I identify as demisexual, but am questioning if I'm fully ace. Hope it's okay to post here.

A couple weeks back I was working the register and a guy, looked like a dudebro, comes up and asks if I'm doing anything tonight. I respond with "yeah, work", cuz I'm working til close that night. Then he asks if I want to come back to his place. I turn him down of course, but guy was heavily, heavily flirting even after that point. Was awkward and I'm glad that doesn't happen all the time.

Oh, and then someone I know happened to come up just as the guy was leaving and he, still flirting, was like "I'll see you at 8!" and leaves. I was like, hoping the person I knew didn't think I was actually dating him or something, lol.

I wasn't disturbed or terribly, terribly uncomfortable, but it was definitely awkward. I'm just glad it wasn't my mother who went in line after him! (She shops at the store sometimes, and usually goes through my line if I'm working that day.)

• Like 5
fooledbysecrecy

had a sort of ace moment yesterday, saw a coach the company was called clarkes of london or something and of course i read CAKES of london

• Like 8
5 hours ago, questdrivencollie said:

Hello. I identify as demisexual, but am questioning if I'm fully ace. Hope it's okay to post here.

A couple weeks back I was working the register and a guy, looked like a dudebro, comes up and asks if I'm doing anything tonight. I respond with "yeah, work", cuz I'm working til close that night. Then he asks if I want to come back to his place. I turn him down of course, but guy was heavily, heavily flirting even after that point. Was awkward and I'm glad that doesn't happen all the time.

Oh, and then someone I know happened to come up just as the guy was leaving and he, still flirting, was like "I'll see you at 8!" and leaves. I was like, hoping the person I knew didn't think I was actually dating him or something, lol.

I wasn't disturbed or terribly, terribly uncomfortable, but it was definitely awkward. I'm just glad it wasn't my mother who went in line after him! (She shops at the store sometimes, and usually goes through my line if I'm working that day.)

AVEN isn’t an exclusive club so post away 👍. Also I swear some people try way to hard to be flirty; like uhhh would anyone with a sense of self-preservation agree to go home with a stranger upon meeting them ONCE? 🤔 I don’t care if they were the friendliest, most attractive person I’ve ever met; even if I was clearly physically stronger than them, I’m not going to their house alone immediately after I’ve met them. Now that I think about it though, some people just like to make people uncomfortable by making a bunch of advances 😑. I’ve had girls on rare occasions in college deliberately harass me by making provocative comments presumably to knock me off balance cause I’m normally serious and collected. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

Also I swear some people try way to hard to be flirty; like uhhh would anyone with a sense of self-preservation agree to go home with a stranger upon meeting them ONCE? 🤔

I don't know about your area, but here one night stands are pretty common. And not just that, but after a bar night and while being drunken. I've never understood any part of that, how could anyone enjoy it? I suppose high libido combined with strong sexual attraction can make one improvident and losing any inhibition 😕