Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

7 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Could be that fireworks are a simile for an orgasm. The expectation, the burning of fuse equates to the foreplay and stimulation, the explosion colours, and activation of pleasure responses, lots of "oohing and aahing" and its all over in moments then nothing :P:P

Exactly

There used to be an American tv series called Love, American Style - I haven't seen it in years; I wonder if it would make people cringe these days - they used fireworks as simile/code in that way, I think (they even had fireworks in their intro/outro). 

7 hours ago, Strange-quark said:

I am certain of this

:D I visited Finland a few years ago and enjoyed it. 

• Like 4
Strange-quark
8 minutes ago, daveb said:

:D I visited Finland a few years ago and enjoyed it. 

I hereby grant thee the position of The Honorary Finn *gives 🏆*

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Strange-quark said:

I hereby grant thee the position of The Honorary Finn *gives 🏆*

Awesome! I am truly honored. :D 

Thank you! Kiitos!

• Like 3

Why are all the Finnish aces here while nothing happens in the Finnish ace forum (other than bots talking) 😂

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Strange-quark said:

That's why :P Last time I checked it it was full of intimidating-looking spam 😱 Also I think it's easier to talk about some things in English, dunno if it makes sense :o 

Haha yea 😆 but couldn't somebody remove the bots and strengthen the security? We are probably lacking in funding lol.

Yea, it depends as some things would be just easier to explain in Finnish, but I'm cool with English :) The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the younger aces (who might needed support the most) might aren't comfortable reading and writing English. Well, maybe they don't prefer old-fashioned forums anyway :D

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Strange-quark said:

Yeah dunno. There was some problem with the server, discussed here:

Yes, this is super relevant right :P 

Oh I see, thanks! Have to introduce myself there right away :D

• Like 2

@nerdperson777 I'm thinking the parents of the neighbour did everything when the kids (he has a brother and a sister in the village). The sister's yard is a mess too stuff strewn from one end to the other :mad: Both of these houses are on the main street so it's a nice welcome for visitors.

X2 on having to tell people stuff (that is second nature) repeatedly. Our garbage and recycling is picked up Monday mornings and even though there are two 'adults' (I dont give the mother much credit either) and two of the four children are in their early teens, the cans and blue boxes will still be laying beside the driveway Wednesday afternoon.

When I was a kid, when we got home from school we dragged the cans in...

End of rant LOL

12 minutes ago, will123 said:

@nerdperson777 I'm thinking the parents of the neighbour did everything when the kids (he has a brother and a sister in the village). The sister's yard is a mess too stuff strewn from one end to the other :mad: Both of these houses are on the main street so it's a nice welcome for visitors.

X2 on having to tell people stuff (that is second nature) repeatedly. Our garbage and recycling is picked up Monday mornings and even though there are two 'adults' (I dont give the mother much credit either) and two of the four children are in their early teens, the cans and blue boxes will still be laying beside the driveway Wednesday afternoon.

End of rant LOL

Humans are strange animals.  You would think we would at least not  sh*t in our own nest.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Humans are strange animals.  You would think we would at least not  sh*t in our own nest.

I never thought of it that way but how true. I was talking to a woman the other day and she commented how nice our place was. I said its not hard to keep a place tidy looking...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Strange-quark said:

That's why :P Last time I checked it it was full of intimidating-looking spam 😱 Also I think it's easier to talk about some things in English, dunno if it makes sense :o 

2 hours ago, naakka said:

Why are all the Finnish aces here while nothing happens in the Finnish ace forum (other than bots talking) 😂

Eh, last time I checked the most recent topic had updated around a week before, and I was like, wow, this place is dead 😅 Also, I quite enjoy the more international aspect of AVEN! :3  Also also, I agree with it somehow being easier to discuss certain topics in English! 

• Like 3

Ok, so an ace moment, I guess? I suppose I'm fully "out of the closet" now 😅 Randomly just decided to make things clear to my parents today. They took it well, even my dad, after a detailed factual explanation, understood what I meant, I guess? Dad's opinion was "well, relationships might have some challenge with that, but otherwise I suppose it's fine and it's not like you've changed in my eyes or anything", and mom's was "It was nice that you told us! Although I did know, and you didn't need to give me a lecture (laugh) about the subject, but you're precious as you are and you don't have to pretend to be anything else." Apparently, she got the point when I last attempted explaining to her, but it was so brief and kind of cut short that it left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn't know if she really understood? Might have just been my nerves this time 😂 Anyway, I'm on a pretty nice mood now, afterwards (minus some leftover anxiety 😅), it's pretty great I don't have any unsaid burdens on my shoulders, now :D I'm lucky to have these people around me. Just thought I'd share! 😅 (And yes, I made them read through a compact collection of info from AVEN 😅

• Like 12
11 minutes ago, Aloney said:

Ok, so an ace moment, I guess? I suppose I'm fully "out of the closet" now 😅 Randomly just decided to make things clear to my parents today. They took it well, even my dad, after a detailed factual explanation, understood what I meant, I guess? Dad's opinion was "well, relationships might have some challenge with that, but otherwise I suppose it's fine and it's not like you've changed in my eyes or anything", and mom's was "It was nice that you told us! Although I did know, and you didn't need to give me a lecture (laugh) about the subject, but you're precious as you are and you don't have to pretend to be anything else." Apparently, she got the point when I last attempted explaining to her, but it was so brief and kind of cut short that it left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn't know if she really understood? Might have just been my nerves this time 😂 Anyway, I'm on a pretty nice mood now, afterwards (minus some leftover anxiety 😅), it's pretty great I don't have any unsaid burdens on my shoulders, now :D I'm lucky to have these people around me. Just thought I'd share! 😅 (And yes, I made them read through a compact collection of info from AVEN 😅

Congratulations on coming out! It's nice to hear that your parents are very accepting of your orientation.

@Aloney I'm so happy everything went well! I'm sure moreover yourself, your parents also feel more at ease now 😊 If you have time, would be nice to hear how your life changed after coming out, if it did.

*Needs more reasons to undoubtedly come out irl...*

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Aloney said:

Also also, I agree with it somehow being easier to discuss certain topics in English! 

Yeah! Sometimes I just feel like I could write more vivid in Finnish. But that's a small con, for you'll have this great international community to talk with 😊

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, naakka said:

@Aloney I'm so happy everything went well! I'm sure moreover yourself, your parents also feel more at ease now 😊 If you have time, would be nice to hear how your life changed after coming out, if it did.

*Needs more reasons to undoubtedly come out irl...*

Heh, I doubt it'll change that much, just the general relaxed-ness maybe? And I kind of hope dad will think now, before throwing around those awkward jokes about me finding a man...😅 I guess way back when I first came out to my closest friends, it enabled me to share an occasional "ace moment" with them and generally chill about the topic :D So if you think coming out would be a relief to you and relax you around people you like, I recommend it! But only in the case that it won't damage any of your personal relationships against your will, of course. Although I think it might be easier for people in general to somewhat accept "asexual" than some other orientations..? 🤔 Just arm yourself with facts and don't let anyone tell you you don't exist! :3 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Strange-quark said:

That's awesome! Congrats! Cake!

By the way, how does one even open a discussion like that? 🧐

Haha, well, with my dad we were already having a deep-ish conversation about our lives, so I just continued with "Yeah by the way, since we're already in this deep, do you... wanna discuss my sexuality too..?" 😅 And with my mom it was something like "Hey, do you wanna talk? I just thought, since we already talked about this with dad earlier, I could make some things clear about my sexuality..?" Yes, I'm kind of the nervous "oh by the way, no big deal or anything but-" person in these kinds of conversations. These talks just make me feel vulnerable so I try to make it seem like no big deal even though it might be 😅 And yum, thank you for the cake! 😊🎂

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Strange-quark said:

You're welcome! Just the word 'sexuality' is so big and ugly... For the moment I'm just trying to show my displeasure for, eh, stuff, without mentioning the s-word 😬😬😬

Yeah I get it, I just kind of wanted to get the point across without error, and I can tell you, nothing is more awkward than to explain your PARENTS that you don't feel that anything involving "those things" is necessary for you 😭 But I guess there's other ways to address it, like "my people-preferences" or "relationship-stuff" or "love-things" or something..? 😅 Man I'm bad at this 😂

• Like 5
Comrade F&F

*has a nice chat with random male acquaintance before we part ways*

Me: *10 minutes later* Wait. Was he flirting?

• Like 9
nerdperson777
9 hours ago, will123 said:

End of rant LOL

I'm reading this and I'm not sure what you're pertaining to.

10 hours ago, Aloney said:

Heh, I doubt it'll change that much, just the general relaxed-ness maybe? And I kind of hope dad will think now, before throwing around those awkward jokes about me finding a man...😅 I guess way back when I first came out to my closest friends, it enabled me to share an occasional "ace moment" with them and generally chill about the topic :D So if you think coming out would be a relief to you and relax you around people you like, I recommend it! But only in the case that it won't damage any of your personal relationships against your will, of course. Although I think it might be easier for people in general to somewhat accept "asexual" than some other orientations..? 🤔 Just arm yourself with facts and don't let anyone tell you you don't exist! :3 

Well, being relaxed around the subject would be great. Especially because of I have a feeling that half of my relatives think I'm depressed or too picky or lesbian since I don't have a BoYfRiEnD yet (yep, also in the closet about nb lol) 😅

I think my aceness could be accepted at least with my closest family members. Yea, I think too that asexuality isn't openly opposed as much as gay, bi, etc. But I think it's rather because of people either don't know it exists or don't really understand what it means. I mean, even I thought that asexual means you're in celibate. Most religious people for example wouldn't oppose that, I guess? But if people know you're not capable of experiencing sexual attraction (let alone even romantic, if you're also aro), many would think it's a shame or childish or you must have some trauma behind it or wrong hormone levels etc. If someone thought the same way about gays for example, it would be judged immediately. But I've whitnessed acephobia here and there (online) and often even the aces themselves don't realize it's happening. These types of questions seem intuitively reasonable and necessary even. Maybe because of you're brainwashed with these thoughts since young age. 

Ooof, it got unexpectly long, apologizes 😅

• Like 6

I've got a new one! So a year and a half ago, I took the CAE (English language test level C1.) On the day of the oral exam, I had a bit of an ace moment. Basically, before you take the exam, you must wait in a room with three other students before it's your turn. You're given some magazines to pass time.

I was reading this magazine for women when I stumbled upon an ad for a vibrator and the woman advertising it was saying something like 'my legs were still shaking a quarter of an hour afterwards' and I was so disgusted I almost threw the magazine away. 😂

10 minutes ago, Aldis Friedman said:

I've got a new one! So a year and a half ago, I took the CAE (English language test level C1.) On the day of the oral exam, I had a bit of an ace moment. Basically, before you take the exam, you must wait in a room with three other students before it's your turn. You're given some magazines to pass time.

I was reading this magazine for women when I stumbled upon an ad for a vibrator and the woman advertising it was saying something like 'my legs were still shaking a quarter of an hour afterwards' and I was so disgusted I almost threw the magazine away. 😂

What... what magazine has ads for vibrators..? O___o

• Like 1
Just now, Aloney said:

No idea! I just thought it was very weird. And the fact I wasn't expecting it made it worse! At least I got a good laugh out of this situation.😁

4 hours ago, Aloney said:

Cosmopolitan?