Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

1 hour ago, firebird8 said:

I am definitely a rule follower.

I tend to be, too. With some exceptions, like driving, especially on the freeways here. If you drive at or below the posted limits it can be worse (in terms of safety) than driving with the flow of traffic. (never learned to drive a manual transmission either)

The other main exceptions to following rules is when they don't make any sense or when they are unjust (to me or anyone else). But I do follow things like trail signs that say stay on the trail, no littering, etc. I also find myself sometimes getting annoyed when other people don't follow rules, even if it has no impact on me (but I usually resist the urge to say anything).

I was called the white sheep of my family, for not getting into trouble, not drinking, not smoking, not doing drugs, not doing sex, not swearing, etc. I don't why I was that way compared to how rebellious my hippie mom was or my siblings were and how much they all did some or all of those things.

• Like 5

I drive at the speed limit (+5 depending on the conditions). Not only is that more comfortable... I can't afford a ticket. So I follow the rules. And I get pissed when people don't follow them.

It seems like people seem to go either 20 mph either above or below the speed limit. People following the actual speed limit seem rare.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I drive at the speed limit (+5 depending on the conditions). Not only is that more comfortable... I can't afford a ticket. So I follow the rules. And I get pissed when people don't follow them.

It seems like people seem to go either 20 mph either above or below the speed limit. People following the actual speed limit seem rare.

As soon as I read this I thought of this:

LOL

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, daveb said:

The other main exceptions to following rules is when they don't make any sense or when they are unjust (to me or anyone else). But I do follow things like trail signs that say stay on the trail, no littering, etc. I also find myself sometimes getting annoyed when other people don't follow rules, even if it has no impact on me

X2

• Like 4
Mandelbrotina

I am so crazy about doing everything perfectly, so I avoid driving. 

Since we’re on the topic of Ace Moments, has anyone ever not understand a sex joke at an embarrassing age?

when I worked in a movie theatre, my co-workers joked that they wanted to ride Batman. I totally didn’t know what they meant by “ride.” They were nice about it, though, and educated me. 

• Like 8

I'm pretty sure the roller coaster where they strap you in UPSIDE DOWN is called The Batman, and that would have inspired such comedic panic from me, they would tell that story to their grandchildren Every. Time. They went to the amusement park.

• Like 2

I am generally a rule follower but I’ve hit my rebellious stage way late cause now I’m getting tired of some BS rules and expectations. I legit wanted to throw this cranky old man to the ground at work today cause he was b****ing about how a product was $2.79 when the sign said the section had products under $2.79. If you want to kindly inform me, alright cool but it shouldn’t be this big deal. But this guy went on a rant about it and told me to bring over my manager. Congrats, you saved 50¢, now go rage somewhere else. I wanted to be like, “Tell the cashiers that Laplace is giving you a 1¢ discount and **** off.”

Also, this is an odd question but is it common for people to greet others by their given name? I always thought it was a bit too personal and flirty, and I’m a bit of a loner so I never developed a habit of calling people by name.

• Like 5

I generally greet people with "Hallo". Yes with the short a. Multiple times a day, or even multiple times an hour. It's just a habit at this point, literally every time I cross paths with someone, I say "Hallo".

If I say someone's name, it's either because I have a thing to tell that person in particular, or we're already pretty deep in the convo, and I really want their attention for this point in particular.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mandelbrotina said:

Since we’re on the topic of Ace Moments, has anyone ever not understand a sex joke at an embarrassing age?

I don't recall any off the top of my head. Mind you since I thought I was straight for most of my life (so far), I was pretty much aware of the humour even if I wasn't an active 'participant'.

• Like 1
Alawyn-Aebt
26 minutes ago, Laplace said:

Also, this is an odd question but is it common for people to greet others by their given name?

Only if you know them fairly well (think glorified acquaintance or more) and are doing more than just greeting them, maybe expecting to get drawn into conversation, etc. 

If someone really needs someone else's attention immediately then first names also work and clear confusion from simply, "Watch out!" to "Watch out so-and-so!"

I presently work at a grocery store and since I have a name tag more than a couple customers (who I have never seen before and I couldn't care less if they dropped down dead right after seeing me) have called me by my given name, I hate it.

Not that I hate my given name, I actually really like it, but it seems way too personal.

• Like 5
Bronztrooper
4 hours ago, firebird8 said:

Anyone else just take rules at face value? I obey speed limits, I never tried alcohol until I was 22, I haven't tried illicit drugs, I don't even take shortcuts across grass if there's a sign that says not to! I'm often thought of as a goody two shoes but I'm just trying to get along.

With me, I just didn't want to get in trouble, so I defaulted to following the 'rules'.  Stuff like alcohol and drugs never held any interest for me, so there was nothing to worry about there.

But at the same time, I don't like being told not to do stuff for no apparent reason, nor do Iike being told to do stuff I don't want to do.

3 hours ago, frodobelle said:

My parents forbade me to read or watch Harry Potter and my mom at least wouldn't explain why, except inasmuch as it was teaching kids witchcraft and was a gateway into the occult ... which made exactly zero sense to my six year old self, who reasoned that it was pretend and kids know it's pretend, and the fact that my sister and I pretended sticks were guns and arrows didn't mean we actually got hurt when we "shot" eachother in Cowgirl and Pocahontas, and how different could stick wands be, really???

That reasoning failed abysmally.

Eventually, my dad sat me down and said, "All you really need to know about Harry Potter is that one day, you will be eighteen. You'll graduate high school, move out, go to college, join the military ... And you can read whatever you want then."

And I looked at him, wide-eyed, "Whatever I want?!"

"Whatever you want, but not until."

So I graduated from high school, enrolled in college, turned eighteen, graduated Army Basic Training, and when I was in AIT (Advanced Individual Training) almost all the way across the continent from home, I started reading Harry Potter.

I am the most obedient person I know.

Wait, so did you join the military just because your parents wanted you to?

I mean, I have to deal with my oldest cousin on my dad's side trying to convince me to join (he's a lifer in the Marines doing drug counseling, and the main reason he's still in the military is that my dad told him he was better off there rather than trying to get a new job, though my dad only brings up the military jokingly to me) even though I'm probably one of the least likely people to join (more due to my low opinion of the government than anything), but I wouldn't be able to stand it if my parents tried to make me join.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Aebt said:

Only if you know them fairly well (think glorified acquaintance or more) and are doing more than just greeting them, maybe expecting to get drawn into conversation, etc. 

If someone really needs someone else's attention immediately then first names also work and clear confusion from simply, "Watch out!" to "Watch out so-and-so!"

I presently work at a grocery store and since I have a name tag more than a couple customers (who I have never seen before and I couldn't care less if they dropped down dead right after seeing me) have called me by my given name, I hate it.

Not that I hate my given name, I actually really like it, but it seems way too personal.

People will usually look at my nametag (I work at a pet store part time) and I can tell they want to say my name, but aren't sure how, so they'll open their mouths to refer to me directly by my name, then ask how to say it.

(It's Devanye, pronounced "Deva-knee", and it helps to just pretend the y is an i. My mom just REALLY likes the letter y, like my dad had to put his foot down when she was preggers with my brother because the name they picked for him would have looked too girly by their standards if the i had been a y. The most common mispronunciation is "Dev-ahn-ya" and because of this people will see my name and mistake me for wither a Russian or an African American. One of my coworkers was really disappointed because she thought I was going to be black and I was actually white. :P )

• Like 4

(девяне (Dev-ya-neh) sounds pretty, and that is exactly where I would go. Random: Do people just say Dev? I'm both happy and sad that my name is boring)

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Bronztrooper said:

Nah, I joined because I have a passion for language (majored in French, minored in Arabic) and wanted to use it to serve my country. :) That and no one -- NO ONE -- thought I could do it, being my 60 inch tall, 97 pound self.

Wound up not renewing my contract because there isn't much call for French in the military and I wasn't confident enough in my Arabic to stake lives on my translation...among other things.

Still, it's fun to tell that story because my dad sort of spitballed the idea when I was six and forgot about it, and I actually wound up joining the Army later. Bonus comedy points since it sounds a little like I joined the Army JUST to read Harry Potter, lol.

Sorry your cousin is pressuring you, that's less than ideal. I remember the Marine recruiters bending over backwards when I was still trying to decide which branch -- apparently, they really want to recruit more female Marines. If it's any help, some people just REALLY connect with the military lifestyle and especially when family members start telling other family members about it, it's not out of a sense of, "YOU NEED TO DO THIS THING TO BE HOO-AH (or OOH-RAH for Marines), I'M SO HIGHSPEED AND YOU SHOULD BE HIGHSPEED TOO", it's more out of a sense of, "I want to show my family what my military family is like because it really helped me and I think it can help them." Or it's even out of a sense of feeling more at home in the barracks than in one's actual childhood home, which is more than a little jarring emotionally. Or wanting to share this experience with one's family and being frustrated when they can't exactly relate. Then again, maybe your cousin is just an aspiring recruiter, who knows?

I have a lot of fun memories of being in the Army Reserves, and also my husband thinks it's super hot when I wear my uniform for him so there's ... that, I guess, lol. Met a lot of great people, had a good experience, but it wasn't for me in the end. That makes sense, it isn't for a solid 90% of America (idk about other countries). But it was a fulfilling and certainly an interesting 6 years, lol.

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, Laplace said:

I am generally a rule follower but I’ve hit my rebellious stage way late cause now I’m getting tired of some BS rules and expectations. I legit wanted to throw this cranky old man to the ground at work today cause he was b****ing about how a product was $2.79 when the sign said the section had products under $2.79. If you want to kindly inform me, alright cool but it shouldn’t be this big deal. But this guy went on a rant about it and told me to bring over my manager. Congrats, you saved 50¢, now go rage somewhere else. I wanted to be like, “Tell the cashiers that Laplace is giving you a 1¢ discount and **** off.”

Also, this is an odd question but is it common for people to greet others by their given name? I always thought it was a bit too personal and flirty, and I’m a bit of a loner so I never developed a habit of calling people by name.

I would not do well dealing with the public. I have seen friends and/or unknown helpless service and retail employees treated like crap by 

Spoiler

asshole

customers. I know what I would've told them. I was a tradesman in a factory and had to watch what I said to some production operators that put in calls for trades help. Certain workers you knew the machinery 'problem' was non-existent, they just wanted to sit on their butt while you tried to troubleshoot the machine.

If you let your frustration show, they would just put in repeated calls.

I don't have a problem with people calling me by my given name. Which brings up a funny work story. Some of my coveralls had my surname and initial or blank. Well for some reason one of the production workers started calling me 'Rick', which isnt my name. I have no idea why he thought that was my first name. He was a decent guy so I just let it ride. We had several thousand employees so it was imposdible to know everyone that you saw on a daily basis.

A few years later our paths crossed in another plant. He spotted me first and said, "Hi Rick!" I think his name was Tony, so I just said hello.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

(девяне (Dev-ya-neh) sounds pretty, and that is exactly where I would go. Random: Do people just say Dev? I'm both happy and sad that my name is boring)

Thank you!!

I answer to Dev, Devvie, Devvie-Dev and Hey You. Most people say "Deva-knee" once they learn how to say it, but some people do shorten it to Dev. I go by "Auntie Dev" to my nephews because I feel like a "t" followed by a "d" is really hard to say and sounds awkward, lol.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Bronztrooper said:

With me, I just didn't want to get in trouble, so I defaulted to following the 'rules'.  Stuff like alcohol and drugs never held any interest for me, so there was nothing to worry about there.

But at the same time, I don't like being told not to do stuff for no apparent reason, nor do Iike being told to do stuff I don't want to do.

I mean, I have to deal with my oldest cousin on my dad's side trying to convince me to join (he's a lifer in the Marines doing drug counseling, and the main reason he's still in the military is that my dad told him he was better off there rather than trying to get a new job, though my dad only brings up the military jokingly to me) even though I'm probably one of the least likely people to join (more due to my low opinion of the government than anything), but I wouldn't be able to stand it if my parents tried to make me join.

I remember my father (I hope jokingly) threatening to send us to the military in Canada (unified forces at the time) if we didn't get jobs after college.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, will123 said:

I remember my father (I hope jokingly) threatening to send us to the military in Canada (unified forces at the time) if we didn't get jobs after college.

My dad literally gave me a suitcase for my 18th birthday (she (at the time he) loved me though and I left for college fully supported by my wonderful family. But if I hadn't gone to college... I dunno. I'm sure they would have loved me, though realistically I would probably have been in the military)

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, frodobelle said:

I answer to Dev, Devvie, Devvie-Dev and Hey You. Most people say "Deva-knee" once they learn how to say it, but some people do shorten it to Dev. I go by "Auntie Dev" to my nephews because I feel like a "t" followed by a "d" is really hard to say and sounds awkward, lol.

LOL! I've been called worse at work ;)

• Like 3
5 hours ago, firebird8 said:

I am definitely a rule follower.

Me too, especially if I can reason why the rule exists. Which I most often can, so I follow pretty much every rule. And I also can't stand people who do not follow (even the small) rules. I'm like, why do you think that rule was made, if not for a reason? Be polite for the sake of others, and follow the rule plz :D

But the unwritten rules are difficult for me. Such as social rules. I often can't reason why they exist and why they're active in one moment but not the next. Which stresses me up, since I'm a perfectionist and always want to follow the rules -_-

And now than I think about it, isn't sexual behavior often "risk taking" and "breaking the rules", for there's no rules in love and you'll just have to figure everything out? I'm just not motivated enough to take these risks lol. 

• Like 5
KoiFishShoes
1 hour ago, Laplace said:

It is unusual for me not to greet someone by their given name unless they are my teacher or in the upper echelons of my workplace, and that seems to be pretty normal where I live. Most people even call my minister by their first name, although I can hardly stand to not at least call them Rev. FirstName.

Relatedly, I hate being called by anything other than my given name, including honorifics. I have one friend who greets me by my full name every time they see me, but I actually rarely hear my last name otherwise. It's so bad that when I was married, if someone called me Mrs. Boots, it took a full 5-10 seconds to register they were talking about me. Even now, if someone were to call me Ms. Shoes, it still takes a couple seconds. A couple of my coworkers occasionally call me Miss KoiFish for some reason.

• Like 2
Bronztrooper
55 minutes ago, frodobelle said:

Nah, I joined because I have a passion for language (majored in French, minored in Arabic) and wanted to use it to serve my country. :) That and no one -- NO ONE -- thought I could do it, being my 60 inch tall, 97 pound self.

Wound up not renewing my contract because there isn't much call for French in the military and I wasn't confident enough in my Arabic to stake lives on my translation...among other things.

Still, it's fun to tell that story because my dad sort of spitballed the idea when I was six and forgot about it, and I actually wound up joining the Army later. Bonus comedy points since it sounds a little like I joined the Army JUST to read Harry Potter, lol.

Sorry your cousin is pressuring you, that's less than ideal. I remember the Marine recruiters bending over backwards when I was still trying to decide which branch -- apparently, they really want to recruit more female Marines. If it's any help, some people just REALLY connect with the military lifestyle and especially when family members start telling other family members about it, it's not out of a sense of, "YOU NEED TO DO THIS THING TO BE HOO-AH (or OOH-RAH for Marines), I'M SO HIGHSPEED AND YOU SHOULD BE HIGHSPEED TOO", it's more out of a sense of, "I want to show my family what my military family is like because it really helped me and I think it can help them." Or it's even out of a sense of feeling more at home in the barracks than in one's actual childhood home, which is more than a little jarring emotionally. Or wanting to share this experience with one's family and being frustrated when they can't exactly relate. Then again, maybe your cousin is just an aspiring recruiter, who knows?

I have a lot of fun memories of being in the Army Reserves, and also my husband thinks it's super hot when I wear my uniform for him so there's ... that, I guess, lol. Met a lot of great people, had a good experience, but it wasn't for me in the end. That makes sense, it isn't for a solid 90% of America (idk about other countries). But it was a fulfilling and certainly an interesting 6 years, lol.

Ah, fair enough (on a semi-related note, my sister is pretty much the same as you height/weight-wise).

Nah, he's not pressuring me, he just thinks it'd be a good idea for me to join.  I mean, I like learning about the military and the equipment/vehicles they use, but that's where it stops (not to mention that I sure as hell am not gonna risk my life for this damn government).  Also, funny you should mention recruiters, because my cousin was a recruiter for the Marines at one point before his current position.

Yeah, I know it's definitely not for everyone, but I've seen stuff saying that most people who join the military do so to pay for college, which is ridiculous that people feel like they have to go into a career where they could easily die just to get a higher education- but that's a topic for another thread.

I just feel awkward calling people by their name. Feels like I'm being too familiar. It usually takes me a while to get to know them well enough that I don't feel like I'm taking liberties referring to them by name when I'm talking to them. It can also seem awkward to me - like why should I say their name when they should obviously know I am talking to them. On a possibly related and/or similar note, I also usually hesitate to label someone a friend, as if I would be presuming something that may or may not be true.

55 minutes ago, naakka said:

But the unwritten rules are difficult for me. Such as social rules.

Oh, yes. Those have always been tricky for me. Even what seems like should be simple things, like how to enter into a conversation at a party or other social gathering, or when to hug someone and for how long.

As for ace moments and not getting a sexual joke, how about when you say something and other people see sexual innuendo in it, but it goes over your head. It probably happened any number of times when I was a teen/20-something hanging out with my male friends or talking with co-workers in a male-dominated job space. It seemed like at least some of the time they would think I intentionally did it.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, daveb said:

I just feel awkward calling people by their name. Feels like I'm being too familiar.

8 hours ago, daveb said:

On a possibly related and/or similar note, I also usually hesitate to label someone a friend, as if I would be presuming something that may or may not be true.

Sounds like you would thrive here in Finland. Here we never call anyone directly by name, you can be a co-worker for ages without using/knowing one's name (which on the other hand can be extremely awkward when you finally have to know & use it!) 😂 Also, you rather seldom officially aknowledge one as your friend, it's taken for granted if you just seem to like each others company. I think (or is it just me??).

8 hours ago, daveb said:

Oh, yes. Those have always been tricky for me. Even what seems like should be simple things, like how to enter into a conversation at a party or other social gathering, or when to hug someone and for how long.

As for ace moments and not getting a sexual joke, how about when you say something and other people see sexual innuendo in it, but it goes over your head.

I feel like the simple things are the worst, for it's taken for granted you know them. So whe  you don't, you seem just awkward or weird or probably both lol. And I don't even bother myself with sexual misinterpretations, I don't hang out with the people who most talk about this stuff, and I trust people know by now that I really don't have anything to say about the subject (even if still on the ace closet) 😁

• Like 2

I didn’t realize I was dressing in an unintentionally sexy way this summer until someone pointed it out to me. I was just wearing short shorts because it was 100 degrees. It didn’t occur to me that some people would still get turned on by seeing thighs in this kind of heat.

• Like 7
nerdperson777
17 hours ago, Mandelbrotina said:

Well, I wouldn't even call it embarrassing for myself, but I would guess people would think 20s and older, when people are supposedly "fully developed"?  I don't mind being openly ace, and even if I don't tell people, I probably have really strong ace vibes anyway.  I really don't care that everyone else gets it and I don't.  I guess since I don't know very much except academic topics and a few select hobbies of interest, sexual things just becomes one of the many things I'm not well versed in, if I know anything about it at all.  I was playing Charades with my cousin and some family members and for most pop culture things, I really didn't know anything.  But there was one that I was able to guess that was kind of funny.  The clue given to me was "the gay guy on American Idol".  Adam Lambert?  "The first one."  Clay Aiken!  So I know the gay contestants on American Idol, haha.  But as people can see, sexual topics don't interest me so I'm not going to learn about it.  I just have a very mild interest in knowing things from a knowledge perspective, and even then, I don't know much.  I already got called innocent at that one birthday party I attended.  

16 hours ago, Laplace said:

I'm guessing it depends on your life schedule.  I was surprised reading the answers and seeing that most people don't greet with a first name.  So my thought is that my life is pretty casual so I'm used to calling people their first name.  For my regular job, we're just a small company with about 20 people so we call each other by first names.  Then for my teaching job, we need to know our students' names because it's more personable.  Technically my regular job involves knowing our customers' names, but I'm a backend person so the frontend people are the ones who know them by name.  So I'm never in some high security, professional meeting and don't require formal ways to call others by an honorific and a last name.  I feel like I don't use my last name much unless I go somewhere that I'm required to have my legal info.

But before getting involved in the community or having jobs that require knowing names, I wouldn't really be trying to remember names.  Even when I was taking classes before teaching, I didn't even remember the name of my classmates.  Growing up, I think I might've thought about knowing names as flirty.  Knowing someone's name could've meant that you liked or were interested in them, which wasn't what I wanted anyone to think.  I actually would just use pronouns for people instead of knowing their name, so I could hide the fact that I didn't know their names.  Now, it's kind of the opposite.  I got to use names so I don't incorrectly gender people.

15 hours ago, will123 said:

A few years later our paths crossed in another plant. He spotted me first and said, "Hi Rick!" I think his name was Tony, so I just said hello.

I go by Calvin but there are people who keep calling me Kevin.  Once I went to a competition and the one currently on the stage was named Kevin, then waiting to go was also Kevin, and the one after that was Kevin.  On the event page, someone posted a picture of that and captioned it "prepare your Kevin".  I commented "posted by Kevin", as the poster was named Kevin too.  Then after the competition, we all went to get food.  It was noisy so I don't know for sure, but I thought the worker calling up my name for my order called me Kevin.  After all the Kevin stuff, I didn't want to be one too.  Now, some people who don't natively speak English that I regularly interact with have been calling me Kevin and I just answer to it.

15 hours ago, will123 said:

LOL! I've been called worse at work ;)

I'm not sure if "Hey You" is really that negative, at least to me.  I was at an ace meeting at my university and someone was in the process of changing their name but they weren't sure, so they said to just call them "hey you" for the time being.

5 hours ago, Sea horse said:

I am loving Stranger Things but please spare me from this Joyce/Hopper storyline, ffs if a woman says no to a date and disagrees with someone who is being very disagreeable, that is not a sign she secretly fancies them!!!! It's a sign she doesn't want to go out with them and finds them very disagreeable! You can tell this was written by blokes. Also the really terrifying monster is just like a huge gloopy scary period 😂😂😂

Now, I don't know is that actually true? Does Joyce secretly fancy Hopper???!!

I don't watch the show, but my roommate was watching it while I ate at the dining table.  Apparently what I saw became kind of a relatable meme online.  There were the three guys playing DnD and only one was enthusiastic, making his two friends play when they weren't really into it.  One of the friends was saying "did you really think that we weren't going to get girlfriends and just play in your basement forever?"  I just said "Yes" really loudly for my roommate to hear.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Mandelbrotina said:

Oh yes! That has happened to me many times, even though I like to tell sex jokes now. Some older girls at my high school who were friends with my brother used to laugh at me because of that. They told me I was too innocent and they refused to explain the jokes to me. I ended up leaving the group and I never spent time with them again. I was pretty much an outcast to be honest and this didn't help at all! Luckily, I joined a club after that (where I was the only member) and the teacher who was supervising was a lot nicer, so I didn't feel lonely.

20 hours ago, frodobelle said:

I'm pretty sure the roller coaster where they strap you in UPSIDE DOWN is called The Batman, and that would have inspired such comedic panic from me, they would tell that story to their grandchildren Every. Time. They went to the amusement park.

That's exactly what I thought of as "riding Batman". I rode a rollercoaster at Six Flags St. Louis about 10-12 years ago that I remember everyone being excited and calling "the Batman". We just sat down normally though. It did go upside down in the course of its ride; you were strapped in good and the seat was attached at the top so your legs were dangling. And we got in it about 2 stories up, IIRC. It was over so fast though, it was kind of hard to be scared. I'm not afraid of heights though, and it felt stable so there wasn't any reason to be afraid of falling. I have a lot more trouble with a basic carousel (you know, the horses poles, going up and down while the whole thing turns?) That makes me feel extremely confused about what kind of motion is happening to me and I can't deal with it (not sick, I just feel scared and off balance LOL).

• Like 2
2 hours ago, firebird8 said:

That's exactly what I thought of as "riding Batman". I rode a rollercoaster at Six Flags St. Louis about 10-12 years ago that I remember everyone being excited and calling "the Batman". We just sat down normally though. It did go upside down in the course of its ride; you were strapped in good and the seat was attached at the top so your legs were dangling. And we got in it about 2 stories up, IIRC. It was over so fast though, it was kind of hard to be scared. I'm not afraid of heights though, and it felt stable so there wasn't any reason to be afraid of falling. I have a lot more trouble with a basic carousel (you know, the horses poles, going up and down while the whole thing turns?) That makes me feel extremely confused about what kind of motion is happening to me and I can't deal with it (not sick, I just feel scared and off balance LOL).

Whenever I ride rollercoasters or amusement park rides, when they take a picture of me, I have an extremely deadpan expression on my face while everyone else is either terrified or otherwise animated. It’s pretty hilarious seeing my blank expression amidst all the other people 😆.

In other news, I’m playing the new Fire Emblem and it’s probably going to be Friendzone Emblem 🙃 again until I want to unlock all the S supports for completionist reasons. Platonic relationships \o/

• Like 2