Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Me: Why is it that more people my age don't volunteer in their community or are more present in community groups? 
Friend: Most are in relationships and have young kids...

Me: Oh yeah, I forgot

• Like 3
On 7/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, OwenM said:

Suddenly realising due to a conversation earlier keeping a condom in your wallet is an actual thing actual people do.

I have seen this on tv or something, but I’m pretty sure I’ve also been told that’s not a good place to keep it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, griffinej5 said:

I have seen this on tv or something, but I’m pretty sure I’ve also been told that’s not a good place to keep it. 

Apparently the body heat (when thr wallet is sat upon) degrades the latex.

I have honestly never been or imagined to be in a position where I would suddenly need a condom within 5 minutes.

I have, however, needed a condom, and been too embarrassed to buy one. I've had someone go buy it for me while i stood outside. And I accept that shame, because damn, I deserve it.

The only condom I’ve ever personally handled was one I was given by the safe-sex people who always seemed to be out in force in college. I was in my room at the time and promptly chucked it in my trash bin cause I knew I would not be requiring one for my college career. So I’ve never even really handled one outside of its package. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was the house health officer for a year, and I got to hand out free condoms to everyone, despite never thinking about using one myself. It is awkward knowing exactly when everyone you live with is going to have spontaneous sex. But that is better than the alternative of not having them available.

I did, however, always have a large jar full of condoms at all times, which made it really easy to hide the fact that I never used them.

• Like 1
Custard Cream
2 hours ago, Laplace said:

The only condom I’ve ever personally handled was one I was given by the safe-sex people who always seemed to be out in force in college. I was in my room at the time and promptly chucked it in my trash bin cause I knew I would not be requiring one for my college career. So I’ve never even really handled one outside of its package. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You haven't missed out, trust me.

• Like 2

It's when you see used condoms on the footpath I dislike, and also wonder why people would be needing one there 

• Like 3

The only condom I had was the one given by the school nurses when I was thirteen. We didn't have nurses in school, so we had a check-up once during Middle School by special nurses. They were very nice. You could also ask them health questions. At the end of the check-up, you received a package with hygiene products. It included toothpaste, face cream, and, since I'm a girl, I got tampons. But every pupil also got a condom in the package! I opened mine because I was curious and I remember it being very sticky and smelling bad! 😂

Haha, all the talk about condoms :'D Oh yeah, and I thought the bad thing about having a condom in your wallet was that it would just be rubbed against the wallet and potentially develop holes?

But yeah, my own ace moment with condoms, a friend I shared an apartment with a few years ago came back from a festival, one summer, and was unpacking her backpack on our kitchen table. I came out of my room to talk and hear her experiences, and something from her packings got my attention. My only thought was literally "Oooh, colorful wrappers?" I only realized they were condoms once I was holding one in my hand :'D I would like to imagine I held my embarrassment in, slowly putting it back down, while my friend was just smiling while continuing her un-packing, talking about how yeah, they were giving those out for free there and how it was good to be prepared 😅

I have another embarrassing moment! Basically, I completely forgot that my parents had sex and still have sex now every once in a while. 😁 I realised this when my mother opened her bedside drawer to give me medicine. I accidentally looked at the drawer and saw the top of a bottle of lube. Then it hit me. 🤣

Custard Cream
1 hour ago, Aldis Friedman said:

I have another embarrassing moment! Basically, I completely forgot that my parents had sex and still have sex now every once in a while. 😁 I realised this when my mother opened her bedside drawer to give me medicine. I accidentally looked at the drawer and saw the top of a bottle of lube. Then it hit me. 🤣

ooh, that's awkward!

Just now, CustardCream said:

ooh, that's awkward!

Yeah, right! 🤣 At first, I was shocked, but then I thought 'you idiot, they're your parents, of course they had sex in order to have you! And they still do it because they like it!' I completely forgot that sexual couples have sex for fun too. 😂 Ah, the awkwardness!

Oh yeah, as a child when trying to go to your parents' room at night and finding their door locked 😰 Also, I was a teenager when I went to the toilet during the night and found a condom from the toilet bowl... so yeah. 

I bought a box of condoms and practiced putting one on when I was seeing a girl in my 30s before I was asexual. 

My thinking was if we ever had sex (never happened) I should display a modicum of knowledge about intercourse...

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Aldis Friedman said:

So, my dad is a piece of shit and cheats, and I know about it (yes, my mom knows this, my dad knows she knows). My mom complains about this to me. Umm... mother, for so many reasons, more than you know, I do not want to hear anything about this. 

They didn’t give condoms to girls in my school, and I never lived in campus, so I didn’t receive those handouts. 

@griffinej5

Yeah, hearing your parents talk about sex (no matter the context) when you're ace is always a bit… embarrassing. 🙂 I mean, even when my parents discuss it (and they do it in a very positive way) I don't want to hear about it. 

4 minutes ago, Aldis Friedman said:

@griffinej5

Yeah, hearing your parents talk about sex (no matter the context) when you're ace is always a bit… embarrassing. 🙂 I mean, even when my parents discuss it (and they do it in a very positive way) I don't want to hear about it. 

I think all offspring whether they are asexual or sexual feel the same about the subject.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, will123 said:

I think all offspring whether they are asexual or sexual feel the same about the subject.

Apparently, my sexual classmates were fine with it, being the ones who initiated the conversation (!)

Fluffy Femme Guy
On 7/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

hand holding

d9a.png

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

d9a.png

LOL

Not sure if I'd be up for that. Offering a helping hand over an obstacle I'm OK with. To walk along with a female friend holding hands? Uhhhhhh I don't know....

5 hours ago, will123 said:

I mean, well, yes. But like, I don’t want to hear about them, or them with other people, or any people. Like I don’t care what anyone is doing, I know it’s happening, but I don’t need to be told about it. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, griffinej5 said:

I mean, well, yes. But like, I don’t want to hear about them, or them with other people, or any people. Like I don’t care what anyone is doing, I know it’s happening, but I don’t need to be told about it. 

I agree with you 100%:excl:

Bronztrooper

My parents haven't actually been 'together' for almost as long as I remember (they never got married ended uo dating different people, but both stuck around to raise me and my sister), so I never really had to worry about 'walking in on them'.  Honestly, for a while I thought it was some weird joke and didn't actually happen, but then I realized that since my parents weren't 'together' like other people's parent were, they obviously wouldn't engage in bedroom antics, which meant I was the exception to that kind of situation.  Then again, nothing about how my family is could be considered 'typical', so...

Fluffy Femme Guy
12 hours ago, will123 said:

Not sure if I'd be up for that. Offering a helping hand over an obstacle I'm OK with. To walk along with a female friend holding hands? Uhhhhhh I don't know....

I don't mind handholding but it's not 'important' in an emotional sense for me.
Also makes walking together kinda awkward sometimes.

• Like 1
Marieisconfused

I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that i dont feel any sexual attraction but how do i tell that to my boyfriend who wants to have sex?

AntiDefenestrator

I had a french exchange student stay over, and we went walking  to the bottom of a waterfall where there is a natural pool that people like to swim in. There were guys with their shirts off, and according to my dad’s partner she was looking at the guys. I didn’t notice because I was looking at a goanna (big lizard).

• Like 9
22 hours ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

d9a.png

Ugh, such an unseemly and depraved act. What’s next? Head-pats? Scandalous. 😤

I’ve never really held anyone’s hand for a significantly extended period of time beyond instances where it is required of me. I often consider extended physical contact that isn’t actively required by some sort of activity or simple greetings really intimate so I tend to avoid it. Though I guess it’s kinda cozy when animals huddle up to you.

• Like 5