you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Incredibly Ace Moments

griffinej5
4 hours ago, starweb said:

And while we're at it, why was it always wife swapping? Weren't the husband's swapped as well?  Why wasn't it 'partner' swapping or 'spouse-swapping?"

Well, On the Wife Swap show, the wives went to the other house, but the husbands stayed in their own house. Side note- one time i babysat for a family that was on the show.

Also, a man whore is also called a player. 

Edited by griffinej5
  • Like 2

nerdperson777
4 hours ago, starweb said:

That changed over the years, With the AIDS epidemic, they started to narrow it down to him being with just one woman per movie instead of a bunch of them.

That whole concept confused me. Why was a man like that not called a slut? 

And while we're at it, why was it always wife swapping? Weren't the husband's swapped as well?  Why wasn't it 'partner' swapping or 'spouse-swapping?"

Double standards, that's why.  A guy who gets with many girls is successful.  A girl who gets with many guys is a slut.  Single moms are blamed for not being able to handle their children, because it's "their" fault for having all those children.  Single dads get showered with praise and amazement.

12 minutes ago, griffinej5 said:

Well, On the Wife Swap show, the wives went to the other house, but the husbands stayed in their own house. Side note- one time i babysat for a family that was on the show.

Oh yeah, I remember that show.  They always find the most opposite families ever.  The only episode I remember is when there was a family that cooked everything fresh and another that microwaved all their food.  After the first week passed and the wives were to make changes, the microwave family actually had to throw out their microwave.

• Like 6

Feys&Florets

So my campus decided to run a few Valentines booths today. The weirdest of them all involved condoms. They had a 'water-baloon-condom' toss, and a 'pin the condom on the sexy mannequin' booth. The purpose was to promote safe-sex practices and hand out free condoms in the process, but the whole thing was just...weird.

I get it. Sex is a thing a lot of responsible adults do, and a campus is full of them. Fine. But there's such a strong disconnect between this thing and me. XD

• Like 1

griffinej5
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Double standards, that's why.  A guy who gets with many girls is successful.  A girl who gets with many guys is a slut.  Single moms are blamed for not being able to handle their children, because it's "their" fault for having all those children.  Single dads get showered with praise and amazement.

Oh yeah, I remember that show.  They always find the most opposite families ever.  The only episode I remember is when there was a family that cooked everything fresh and another that microwaved all their food.  After the first week passed and the wives were to make changes, the microwave family actually had to throw out their microwave.

A dad watching his own kids is babysitting, a mom watching her kids is parenting. Just no. Babysitting is when someone who isn’t the parent of the kid watches them, usually there is an exchange of money, unless they’re a relative. 

The lady i met, i don’t remember who they got swapped with. This was a rich Jewish family, as many were many people where i grew up. What I remember about her episode is that she proudly proclaimed herself a JAP (Jewish American Princess). When i was at the house, she yelled at her husband for wearing a navy blue shirt with black pants, or maybe the opposite. Either way, apparently you shouldn’t do that. 

• Like 3

PoeciMeta

Walking in the street, and coming across two large structures hung on a wall, shaped like breasts, except green. 

My reaction: "Whoa, it looks like caterpillars' butts !" 

• Like 2

starweb
13 hours ago, griffinej5 said:

I remember that show.

But I was speaking in general.  I've heard people say things like 'they are into wife swapping.'   Well, the woman swapped husbands too, no matter who went where. 

Not that I particularly want equality when it comes to that, the terminology just threw me off.

• Like 1