Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

20 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Best friend: *rambling about relationship problems*

Me: *staring off into the distance like I'm in The Office*

Her: ...What do you think I should do?

Me: I don't know. Stop liking him?

Her: How can I do that? I can't help my feelings!

Me: ಠ_ಠ Squash them.

Wipe them out...All of them.

I’m only really against people sleeping around without putting any thought in it (not using proper protection, not thinking about personal safety, etc.), or people cheating on an established partner without consent. Or, bothering people by doing it in inappropriate places 😠. Don’t ****ing slam the wall at midnight with sex antics for ****’s sake, and don’t do it right out in public. I swear I saw a couple going at it one time in a park in a relatively enclosed structure 😐🔫.

• Like 7
Fluffy Femme Guy
On 2/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, Nick2 said:

Divorce in this country is about 50%.  Seems to me having sex before marriage is a good idea.  A test drive if you will.  Might as well find out if you are compatible before signing your life away.

People just need to be safe and responsible about it.

• Like 2

Reading through the past of this thread has been so much fun because I relate to so many of these Incredibly Ace Moments. Here are a couple of mine, in case anyone can relate:

1. Not understanding what Netflix and Chill was actually supposed to mean until a friend overtly explained it to me.

2. Not knowing the details of like...anatomy? Or slang names for biological concepts? They don't teach you much in school and I don't actively seek out that sort of knowledge, so a lot of dirty jokes just fly right over my head. 

3. Colleagues talking about hookup culture and who was "hot" at a party or something, and sitting completely silently at my desk, more than slightly uncomfortable. Keeping earbuds at my desk not only for music purposes, but also for those moments.

4. Superbowl halftime show 2019, when Adam Lavigne removed his shirt. I buried my head in my knees.

Edited by sofircecy
  • Like 6
Kelthepurplequeen
1 minute ago, sofircecy said:

Reading through the past of this thread has been so much fun because I relate to so many of these Incredibly Ace Moments. Here are a couple of mine, in case anyone can relate:

1. Not understanding what Netflix and Chill was actually supposed to mean until a friend overtly explained it to me.

2. 69. Still don't get it. Not sure if I want to.

3. Not knowing the details of like...anatomy? Or slang names for biological concepts? They don't teach you much in school and I don't actively seek out that sort of knowledge, so a lot of dirty jokes just fly right over my head. 

4. Colleagues talking about hookup culture and who was "hot" at a party or something, and sitting completely silently at my desk, more than slightly uncomfortable. Keeping earbuds at my desk not only for music purposes, but also for those moments.

69 is when you give each other oral at the same time.

Fluffy Femme Guy

Saw THIS in a shop,

roKh1U4.jpg

and HAD to buy it.

Aces! Represent!

• Like 19

my  friend came with a photo of a guy she likes and was like "isnt he HOT???? and handsome??????" and i looked at her with my "i-cannot-answer-you-this-but-coming-out-would-be-a-pain-in-the-a**-and-im-not-sure-you-would-understand-and-accept" face lol

• Like 9

When I was 10 (I went to parochial school and all the teachers were nuns) we were taught sex ed. By nuns. We were taught the biology of penis-into-vagina=baby, and I remember thinking my poor parents made this horrible sacrifice twice, to create my sister and me, and I someday must grit my teeth and also do this once, to have a baby of my own. Then never again. It wasn’t until several years later (I must have been 15) that I realized that people did this just for fun. I thought they were crazy. Why on earth would anyone do something so repulsive if they didn’t absolutely have to? 

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, Mrs said:

When I was 10 (I went to parochial school and all the teachers were nuns) we were taught sex ed. By nuns. We were taught the biology of penis-into-vagina=baby, and I remember thinking my poor parents made this horrible sacrifice twice, to create my sister and me, and I someday must grit my teeth and also do this once, to have a baby of my own. Then never again. It wasn’t until several years later (I must have been 15) that I realized that people did this just for fun. I thought they were crazy. Why on earth would anyone do something so repulsive if they didn’t absolutely have to? 

Ha, I was in the same situation.  They split us up.(Male/female).  Nuns took the girls.  The old priest took us boys to the boiler room.  We compared notes with the girls afterwards.  Seems the whole topic centered around not wearing shinny shoes because boys might see up your dress and if you kiss a boy you would become preg.  Innocent times back then.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Mrs said:

10?! 😱 

So, the nuns at your school actually taught you biology? The teacher at the private school I ended up refused to even TOUCH the biology section of a church-approved science textbook. 🙄

26 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Ha, I was in the same situation.  They split us up.(Male/female).  Nuns took the girls.  The old priest took us boys to the boiler room.  We compared notes with the girls afterwards.  Seems the whole topic centered around not wearing shinny shoes because boys might see up your dress and if you kiss a boy you would become preg.  Innocent times back then.

Omg yes I remember the shiny shoes talk now, too! 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

if you kiss a boy you would become preg.  Innocent times back then.

This is not innocent. This is just wrong. Sex ed should be fact based and scare based.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Just Dani said:

10?! 😱 

That sounds about right. Remember, good sex-ed has to happen before anyone gets the idea to just try it out. I remember we did the bare bones sex-ed (penis in vagina = baby and a bit about pregnancy) in our last year of elementary school (age 9-10) a bit more in depth sex-ed (with a focus on puberty, hormones, the menstrual cycle and relationships and not letting anyone pressure you into things you're not ready for and I think also a bit about contraception) in our first year of secondary school (age 10-11) and proper in depth practical sex-ed (everything on contraception, STDs and pregnancy in year 8 (age 13-14). As far as I know there hasn't been a single case of teenage pregnancy at my school the whole time I was there, so it seems to be working.

• Like 1
AceInTheTARDIS

One of my most Ace moments (that also led to the ace realization): my friends were discussing what they find more sexy on guys, jawlines vs. abs. I was utterly confused and suggested jawlines because super ripped abs look like odd fleshy chocolate bars. This was apparently an odd answer.

• Like 12
14 minutes ago, Dodoa said:

That sounds about right. Remember, good sex-ed has to happen before anyone gets the idea to just try it out. I remember we did the bare bones sex-ed (penis in vagina = baby and a bit about pregnancy) in our last year of elementary school (age 9-10) a bit more in depth sex-ed (with a focus on puberty, hormones, the menstrual cycle and relationships and not letting anyone pressure you into things you're not ready for and I think also a bit about contraception) in our first year of secondary school (age 10-11) and proper in depth practical sex-ed (everything on contraception, STDs and pregnancy in year 8 (age 13-14). As far as I know there hasn't been a single case of teenage pregnancy at my school the whole time I was there, so it seems to be working.

I only had a very brief intro to sex ed in 6th grade, which didn't cover much besides reproduction and not going anywhere with strangers.  Then in college I had a much more in depth sex ed class that I was completely traumatized by.  

I never even thought about trying sex out as a kid/teen/20-something.  Hell even through my early 30s I wasn't thinking about trying anything.  

The very first time I thought about possibly considering sex was late December of 2018, when a friend of mine suggested I could use "adult toys" to help me in the process.  She knows I'm a virgin ace who thinks sex is gross.  I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life and I want a romantic partner, but what if this partner wants more?  That's part of what the conversation was about.

Man, my entire life has been an incredibly ace moment.  LOL!

• Like 6

@AceInTheTARDIS I do not understand the Ab thing at ALL. I legit don't know what women find attractive. We seem to know what straight men find attractive based on years of seeing it in the media (tho I've seen enough weird stuff on the internet to know there must be some diversity in that)

• Like 2

I always assumed Women didnt want to have sex and men did (don't blame me, movies and TV shows taught me that) then when a mormon friend in highschool  told me she wanted to have sex with her boyfriend I said "yeah! you go gurl" cuz, feminism but was actually extremly confused. you... WANT to have sex???

before i knew Ace was a thing I planned on just getting black out drunk and having sex just to get it over with when i turned 40

A friend kept bringing this boring guy over whenever we hung out, I had no idea why, he is extremely lame, I assumed because he had a car and she needed rides. a year into this, we are hanging out at his house. she laying on his shoulder, i thin "oh! what good friends they are :D" then they kiss and i freak out lmao. I had NO clue

This might just be me but i hate the word asexual, i have a hard time saying it. I'm not sure why? maybe its because i dont want anything 'sexual' related to me?

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, Dodoa said:

I totally agree with you there. :) 

I just can't stop picturing how my mother would've reacted to that. That would've been ugly... 

My mother is of the mind that if someone merely hears of something, then the listener would go out and try whatever it is. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few people in my life who were/are like that... 😑

5 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I totally agree with you there. :) 

I just can't stop picturing how my mother would've reacted to that. That would've been ugly... 

My mother is of the mind that if someone merely hears of something, then the listener would go out and try whatever it is. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few people in my life who were/are like that... 😑

I have a grandparent like that.  She still seems to think I can be easily influenced at my age.  I'm almost 34. 😑

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, grazingsheep said:

I always assumed Women didnt want to have sex and men did (don't blame me, movies and TV shows taught me that) then when a mormon friend in highschool  told me she wanted to have sex with her boyfriend I said "yeah! you go gurl" cuz, feminism but was actually extremly confused. you... WANT to have sex???

before i knew Ace was a thing I planned on just getting black out drunk and having sex just to get it over with when i turned 40

A friend kept bringing this boring guy over whenever we hung out, I had no idea why, he is extremely lame, I assumed because he had a car and she needed rides. a year into this, we are hanging out at his house. she laying on his shoulder, i thin "oh! what good friends they are :D" then they kiss and i freak out lmao. I had NO clue

This might just be me but i hate the word asexual, i have a hard time saying it. I'm not sure why? maybe its because i dont want anything 'sexual' related to me?

I was really confused when all my friends started talking about having sex, wanting sex, wanting kids, marriage, relationships with boys, etc.  I didn't desire those things and it didn't make sense to me that other people did, especially at such a young age.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

I was really confused when all my friends started talking about having sex, wanting sex, wanting kids, marriage, relationships with boys, etc.  I didn't desire those things and it didn't make sense to me that other people did, especially at such a young age.

yeah i feel u

i know i girl and she's my age (15) and she has a 5-month-old daughter 

and i'm here like *hasn't even kissed someone yet*

• Like 4

The people around me that commented on who was 'hot' or 'cute' were typically guys, but that likely had to do with me being a guy as well.  Thing is, those same guys were people I typically didn't really talk to much.

In school, I'd hear people comment on how other students were 'hot' or 'cute', but when I looked at them (provided I knew who they were and they were in the area) I didn't really see what they apparently saw.

Hell, before I started dating my gf in my senior year of high school, I thought that I should get a driver's license before I started trying to date because I was only thinking of the 'going out' part of relationships.

And whenever my friends online would talk about people they thought were 'hot' and started posting pics, I'd tune out of the convo and lurk, occasionally posting funny pics.

I really should've realized something was up sooner.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, asexual bean said:

yeah i feel u

My entire body just cringed.  I can't begin to imagine being 15 yrs old with a baby.  When I was 15 all I was interested in was rollerblading, Pokemon cards, drawing, and watching cartoons.

I'll be 34 next month and I haven't had a kiss yet either. :wacko:

• Like 10
18 hours ago, asexual bean said:

my  friend came with a photo of a guy she likes and was like "isnt he HOT???? and handsome??????" and i looked at her with my "i-cannot-answer-you-this-but-coming-out-would-be-a-pain-in-the-a**-and-im-not-sure-you-would-understand-and-accept" face lol 

Whenever I got those questions I would just answer with, "I guess????" and shrug with a confused look on my face if the person was decent looking but not amazing in my opinion.  But I would also sometimes answer, "Nope" with some sort of explanation.  I rarely fully agreed if someone was "hot" because I thought most of the people asking me had bad taste to begin with.  LOL

I wasn't aware I was ace until I was 27 yrs old.  I do experience aesthetic  attraction, but for the longest I didn't know how to answer those "OMG Aren't they hot?" questions.  I do believe some people were only asking because they were trying to figure out if I was a lesbian.  Those were "gay test" questions.  But some people honestly did want my opinion to match theirs.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

My entire body just cringed.  I can't begin to imagine being 15 yrs old with a baby.  When I was 15 all I was interested in was rollerblading, Pokemon cards, drawing, and watching cartoons.

I'll be 34 next month and I haven't had a kiss yet either. :wacko:

I´ve kissed, but mostly bc of drinking games and stuff lol. But yeah, OML a baby at 15 just.. WOW.I can´t imagine what the poor girl must be going through.

• Like 2

I read science encyclopedias as a young kid so I knew what sex was before schools even went over it. I think such early exposure fundamentally changed my view of the whole thing; it sterilized it of any sort of appeal or disgust. So when I reached adolescence, there was no mystery or magic, just plain facts. I’m glad my parents didn’t stop me from reading science books cause I was able to come to terms with concepts like death, reproduction, and more on my own from a really early age. And there’s no one to feed you nonsense, and hormones couldn’t romanticize it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, asexual bean said:

yeah i feel u

You can't even get a driver's lic at 15.

• Like 2