Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

3 hours ago, Laplace said:

I just entered the break room at work and saw that there was a show talking about foods that were considered aphrodisiacs. I was really confused until I realized that Valentine’s Day is coming up 😐😅. Is it like a widespread problem for sexual people to get in the mood or something? Cause I feel like there’s just so many shows and ads around Valentine’s Day about stuff that’ll artificially increase sex drive. I know it goes with the day, but still it must be a problem for there to be such a big market for it 😕.

When I first heard that oysters are supposed to be one of the best aphrodisiacs I was like, "That's disgusting.  Why would anyone want to eat something that's so visually gross and slimey.  The texture looks awful.  They don't even look good cooked, but people voluntarily eat them raw out of the shell????!  YUCK!  How are those things supposed to get a person aroused?  Is there a special vitamin or something in oysters that turns people on?"

Then years later I learned it wasn't really something in the food that did the trick.  It was the food itself.  It was the act of eating the oysters that got people in the mood.  I felt pretty grossed out the day I made both discoveries. 😭😷

• Like 8
15 hours ago, Just Dani said:

Here's one - I didn't realize what Cyndi Lauper's song "She Bop" was about until adulthood. My parents used to collect a lot of stuff, including cassette tapes (anyone remember those? 😆), and I used to love listening to that song. It just sounded so upbeat! 

Man, was I an oblivious little thing...

I didn't know what it was about until I started scrolling down and reading the YouTube comments.  I googled it an was like.....😮!!!  Honestly I just thought it was a catchy 80s pop song, and "The Bop" was a dance.  LMAO 😂 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Reference all the comments about the age kids have sex-Ed at school. Early education is having clear benefits in Britain, we no longer have the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in the developed world. 

Spoilered as its about underage sex 

Hide contents

Go back a few years and one of my customers found out that their thirteen year old daughter was pregnant they asked who did the deed, with the obvious intention of reporting them to the police. Daughter blithely replied "It could have been any one of five

Five at thirteen?????!!  Holy shiznit!!!  

😭😷

• Like 7
2 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

When I first heard that oysters are supposed to be one of the best aphrodisiacs I was like, "That's disgusting.  Why would anyone want to eat something that's so visually gross and slimey.  The texture looks awful.  They don't even look good cooked, but people voluntarily eat them raw out of the shell????!  YUCK!  How are those things supposed to get a person aroused?  Is there a special vitamin or something in oysters that turns people on?"

Then years later I learned it wasn't really something in the food that did the trick.  It was the food itself.  It was the act of eating the oysters that got people in the mood.  I felt pretty grossed out the day I made both discoveries. 😭😷

Thank you for sharing your discovery...
Pass the mind bleach, I'm gona need it all...

14 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Spoilered as its about underage sex 

Reveal hidden contents

Go back a few years and one of my customers found out that their thirteen year old daughter was pregnant they asked who did the deed, with the obvious intention of reporting them to the police. Daughter blithely replied "It could have been any one of five

Sadly this doesn't surprise me one bit... that was pretty common here too...

• Like 7
2 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Good oysters are tasty but the texture gives me the heebie-jeebies 😬. I went to an oyster farm as part of a school trip and they decided to give me like the biggest oyster 😅. I can tolerate them a lot more when cooked. But, all I can say is if people compare eating oysters to you-know-what, all I can say is I’m gonna have to take a great deal of convincing to even consider doing it. That’s ignoring the fact that I’m aro ace.

I knew people were fooling around in middle and high school, but I just tried to tune it out. It was just disturbing to think of any of my underage classmates being sexually active. All I can say is don’t give into peer pressure if you don’t want to at that age. It’s folly to count on any relationships lasting after high school, and the risk isn’t worth any pleasure either party gets out of it. All it takes is for the word to get out and you can usually kiss your reputation goodbye, esp. for girls I can imagine.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Wow, you learn something new (gross) every day.

• Like 3
On 2/7/2019 at 5:10 AM, Barbio said:

Somebody commenting on an art piece that somebody else posted: "Oooh, she's got bedroom eyes!"

Me, in my head: "Yeah, I thought she looked tired."

wait, that's not what bedroom eyes means??? 

• Like 1

Also, out of interest, am I the only one who never thought there was something wrong with me but just thought that everyone else was either extremely hormonal, exaggerating or lying? I always just assumed that sex really wasn't that big of a deal as everyone made it seem to be and it was just some sort of universal joke. 

• Like 15
55 minutes ago, laokatok said:

Also, out of interest, am I the only one who never thought there was something wrong with me but just thought that everyone else was either extremely hormonal, exaggerating or lying? I always just assumed that sex really wasn't that big of a deal as everyone made it seem to be and it was just some sort of universal joke. 

Oh, I thought that I was the most broken thing on the planet! Everyone in my friend-group / class / lecture-group / workplace (and probably some other places) raved about sex like it was the be-all-and-end-all of everything ever. And then would inevitably start bragging / lying about their own sexual experiences / fantasies. 

… And I'm just sat in a corner mentally facepalming and trying to block them all out. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

whhhhattt? But... oysters are gross and slimy and there's so many mouth noises when eating some of them ewwww 😭 I'm sorry, I just can't understand that one!

9 hours ago, Laplace said:

I just entered the break room at work and saw that there was a show talking about foods that were considered aphrodisiacs. I was really confused until I realized that Valentine’s Day is coming up 😐😅. Is it like a widespread problem for sexual people to get in the mood or something? Cause I feel like there’s just so many shows and ads around Valentine’s Day about stuff that’ll artificially increase sex drive. I know it goes with the day, but still it must be a problem for there to be such a big market for it 😕.

I thought about this too honestly! Like, "What's the big deal?" and just a general "Why?". I can see receiving gifts from someone you love is awesome, but the whole sex-craze part made me tilt my head. I guess there are some people that do have to have sex quite a lot? Or treat it like a need? Then I wonder too how much money these companies make around valentine's day for "sexy things" and candies. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, laokatok said:

I always thought sex was for adult married people.  I was raised religious, so there was no reason for me to even entertain the idea of having sex as a kid, teen, or grown person who wasn't in a church recognized union.  I never thought there was anything wrong with me, but I did think most other people were behaving improperly.

Sexual attraction didn't occur to me as something that most people experience.  I didn't even know the definition.  Never realized others had these desires that made them want to act upon their feelings.  I didn't know anything about anything pertaining to identity/sexuality for most of my life.  I only heard words that I didn't understand, but thought I did at the time.

Sex was never something I honestly had any intention of doing, and I didn't really understand what the big deal was, or why everyone seemed to want to do it.  I was more interested in rollerblading and watching cartoons.  Still am at nearly 34.  lol

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, Strifed said:

whhhhattt? But... oysters are gross and slimy and there's so many mouth noises when eating some of them ewwww 😭 I'm sorry, I just can't understand that one!

Yeah, that's part of it....the noises.  The noises, the slime, the texture, and the physical act of slurping up something that looks so nasty is enough to make me hurl, but apparently that really does something for other people.  I know they're mimicking French kissing and sexual acts, but I'll never understand the desire for any of it. 😷

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Yeah, that's part of it....the noises.  The noises, the slime, the texture, and the physical act of slurping up something that looks so nasty is enough to make me hurl, but apparently that really does something for other people.  I know they're mimicking French kissing and sexual acts, but I'll never understand the desire for any of it. 😷

I am literally gagging right now. Some of them smell kinda fishy too so I feel like that would kill any mood 😩 I think im gonna go to the bathroom now 🤮 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Strifed said:

I am literally gagging right now. Some of them smell kinda fishy too so I feel like that would kill any mood 😩 I think im gonna go to the bathroom now 🤮 

Oh noooooo 😂

Well I don't know, some people's moods aren't heavily affected by smells when they're about to "do the deed."  Cis people are always joking about female downstairs parts smelling like fish.  An I'm just like......"Um, if it smells like fish they got bacterial vaginosis bro cause it's not supposed to be foul.  You best get checked for STIs now." 😷

• Like 5

It’s funny that oysters became a talking point cause I actually had grilled oysters today cause I was eating dinner with my mom in the city 😅. Being able to cut them and having them perfectly cooked with some seasonings does wonders for the ickiness factor. It’s like eating a soft piece of pasta. Eating them with utensils actually makes it 100x less unsettling. Slurping them up is just kinda... 😟😐😖 to me.

Eww fishy smell 🤢. Thankfully cooked oysters (and good oysters in generally) don’t stink. And yeah, if anyone’s organs smell like fish, that’s ****ing nasty. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, StomachGod said:

*passes mind bleach*  LOL 😂

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Oh noooooo 😂

Well I don't know, some people's moods aren't heavily affected by smells when they're about to "do the deed."  Cis people are always joking about female downstairs parts smelling like fish.  An I'm just like......"Um, if it smells like fish they got bacterial vaginosis bro cause it's not supposed to be foul.  You best get checked for STIs now." 😷

but stillll 🤮 That reminds me of how some people have mentioned sex has a smell too, and I just... ☠️ And yah, that defo needs to be checked out... I just had fish for dinner and I'm so done right now 😢

59 minutes ago, Laplace said:

It’s funny that oysters became a talking point cause I actually had grilled oysters today cause I was eating dinner with my mom in the city 😅. Being able to cut them and having them perfectly cooked with some seasonings does wonders for the ickiness factor. It’s like eating a soft piece of pasta. Eating them with utensils actually makes it 100x less unsettling. Slurping them up is just kinda... 😟😐😖 to me.

Eww fishy smell 🤢. Thankfully cooked oysters (and good oysters in generally) don’t stink. And yeah, if anyone’s organs smell like fish, that’s ****ing nasty. 

That sounds really delicious, and oysters are super good when they're cooked! The cold, slurpy, wet ones are not imo. (and I have to stop talking about this before I legit throw up lmao)

• Like 3
18 hours ago, StomachGod said:

Sadly this doesn't surprise me one bit... that was pretty common here too...

I recall an incident involving a girl at the local elementary school.

Spoiler

Apparently she was quite willing to service some of the boys orally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Dani said:

...All this talk of oysters has me feeling kind of queasy, and talk of the smell isn't helping! 🤢

I know right? I've never eaten an oyster before nor have I seen anyone eat one, but eww! Reading all this definitely doesn't make me want to try one anytime soon.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

I HATE those smacking sounds of kissing during love scenes. If they have to show it, do they have to make those disgusting noises?  Can't people kiss silently?

• Like 7
49 minutes ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

Sorry lol! 😋

It's okay, lol! :D 

43 minutes ago, Ytterbium said:

I know right? I've never eaten an oyster before nor have I seen anyone eat one, but eww! Reading all this definitely doesn't make me want to try one anytime soon.

I've never eaten one either. I'm known to be adventurous with food, but not so much with food that doesn't look appetizing to me. 😕

And yeah, I've seen people eat 'em, the ones on the shell. They just grab 'em and slurp them up off of the shell. They seem to enjoy 'em... Hey, whatever floats your food boat! 😆

Off the topic of oysters, I just had another dumb song moment. I never knew Zayn's Pillowtalk was about... that. I thought they were just lying in the bed talking and waking up in the morning together lmao RIP. And I never heard the lyrics, "we'll disturb the neighbors" until I looked up the actual lyrics like last year. I just like the way his voice sounds 😅

37 minutes ago, starweb said:

I HATE those smacking sounds of kissing during love scenes. If they have to show it, do they have to make those disgusting noises?  Can't people kiss silently?

ugh i hate that too! it's like they're licking or slurping each other's faces off sometimes lmao.

• Like 3
On 2/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, laokatok said:

I can definitely relate; I though it was sort of like a "fad" or something, like nobody was actually interested in sex, they all just pretended to be because "everybody's doing it." Unfortunately this led me to become increasingly distanced from my middle school friends upon entering high school, but then again the friendships I have now seem healthier and going in a better direction. Once I figured out that people were legitimately experiencing something I wasn't, I never saw myself as 'broken' but merely 'not the sex type of person,' effectively identifying as asexual before I knew that's what it was called.

On Oysters:

food_rule.png

Edited by Kiovenn
Fixing image url mistake
  • Like 4
On 2/2/2019 at 6:03 PM, CustardCream said:

When another Ace points out that Harry Potter is full of sexual innuendo about wands, and you realize you totally failed to pick up on it 🤔 11 inches and reasonably pliant...

I – wait – what?! You've ruined Harry Potter for me, how could you! I'll never be innocent again...

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, olivria1 said:

I – wait – what?! You've ruined Harry Potter for me, how could you! I'll never be innocent again...

oh my god, i had no idea either! :o

• Like 3

I can eat smoked oysters, but not raw (my father on the other hand...).

• Like 2
On 2/8/2019 at 11:19 PM, laokatok said:

10 hours ago, Kiovenn said:

I can definitely relate; I though it was sort of like a "fad" or something, like nobody was actually interested in sex, they all just pretended to be because "everybody's doing it." Unfortunately this led me to become increasingly distanced from my middle school friends upon entering high school, but then again the friendships I have now seem healthier and going in a better direction. Once I figured out that people were legitimately experiencing something I wasn't, I never saw myself as 'broken' but merely 'not the sex type of person,' effectively identifying as asexual before I knew that's what it was called.

I think I started off basically thinking it was allosexuals who were a small minority (knowing I wasn't in it but still thinking I wasn't asexual) and then gradually increasing my assumption of how many allosexuals there were, before eventually finally figuring out that me not being one did in fact make me asexual.

• Like 4