A helpful Algorithm. Thanks.

But how do you measure it?

Fluffy Femme Guy
1 hour ago, Zenzencat104 said:

But how do you measure it?

vegeta-scouter-dbz-google-glass.jpg

Taylor Lilith

I saw we were talking about Algorithms and was like, 

"Oh no, someone started talking about Big O algorithm notation and everyone giggling like infants every time the teacher said it, didn't they?"

This was not the case.  Big O notation is how efficient an algorithm is.  It's like the Cleavage of the Geology world.  All the children feel it is necessary to giggle while we talk about the relative efficiency of heap sort.

ANYWAYS

that is not what I came to say.  What I came to say is the following.  I was taking a survey for another survey, it was either socionics or enneagram.  I was reading the directions and it said something abut how you  need to choose one or the other picture, not necessarily based on romantic/or sexual attraction, the surroundings and stuff are important too.  I got half way through and went,

".... wait a minute."

I had already forgotten to look at these people's bodies ..... withing 5 seconds.

• Like 1

Quasar.w
58 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

I saw we were talking about Algorithms and was like, 

"Oh no, someone started talking about Big O algorithm notation and everyone giggling like infants every time the teacher said it, didn't they?"

This was not the case.  Big O notation is how efficient an algorithm is.  It's like the Cleavage of the Geology world.  All the children feel it is necessary to giggle while we talk about the relative efficiency of heap sort.

Should I ask why 'Big O algorithm' is funny? I don't see it... (I suppose it's the rest of a row, like O(x), opposite to o(x)?? math in english...😁)

Edit: I looked it up... (why brain, why?) Honestly I've never heard about the 'sexual meaning' before, I kind of get what they mean but... why do we need such words!? I'll never understand that!

And btw I think we learned that in informatics, but maybe with a different name, don't remember.

Taylor Lilith
2 minutes ago, Quasar.w said:

Should I ask why 'Big O algorithm' is funny? I don't see it... (I suppose it's the rest of a row, like O(x), opposite to o(x)?? math in english...😁)

I don't know why it's called Big O.  The other two are Big Theta and Big Omega and their lil counterparts.  Big O is where you only care about the largest growing function.  If an algorithm is x^2+x+1 the big O would be O(x^2) whereas little o would be o(x^2+x+1).  This is between Sophomore and Junior level computer science we are talking right now.

Big O is slang for orgasm.  So when we are talking about the Big O of heapify in a heap sort and all the children giggle about someone using slang for an orgasm to talk about the efficiency of an algorithm for some reason the entire class giggles.

Quasar.w
37 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

I don't know why it's called Big O.  The other two are Big Theta and Big Omega and their lil counterparts.  Big O is where you only care about the largest growing function.  If an algorithm is x^2+x+1 the big O would be O(x^2) whereas little o would be o(x^2+x+1).  This is between Sophomore and Junior level computer science we are talking right now.

Big O is slang for orgasm.  So when we are talking about the Big O of heapify in a heap sort and all the children giggle about someone using slang for an orgasm to talk about the efficiency of an algorithm for some reason the entire class giggles.

Ah ok, makes sense. We used it for estimating truncation errors and how accurate the methods are, not sure if that's the same as efficiency... it's only been a year and I've forgotten so much ^sigh^ (doesn't help when you can't remember names)

Yeah... I get that it's funny once, but usually people just keep on giggling and I'm like "....." ^imagine blank face^

œddy

I know my innuendo pretty well (I see her at weekends), but I've never heard it called 'Big O'