Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
3 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

The disaster background is because the artist bases her work off of a lot of post apocalyptic fiction. There's literally a scene from Mad Max in one. No need to question. It's totally on purpose ^_^  

Life of Bria is trans girl/femme culture. You bring up Life of Bria, every trans gal in the room will perk up and incline their ears. 

My take on it is that it's a metaphor for the disaster going on in the man's psyche.

Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, The Angel of Eternity said:

My take on it is that it's a metaphor for the disaster going on in the man's psyche.

That would make sense if not all of Fist of the Trans Star took place in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Unless that's not what we're actually talking about?

*Is confuzzled*

• Like 1
ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
12 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

That would make sense if not all of Fist of the Trans Star took place in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Unless that's not what we're actually talking about?

*Is confuzzled*

It's supposed to represent, from the outside, how he is feeling inside. Sorry if I confused you.

Taylor Lilith
Just now, The Angel of Eternity said:

It's supposed to represent, from the outside, how he is feeling inside. Sorry if I confused you.

What he?  I don't see what he we are talking about.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
6 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

What he?  I don't see what he we are talking about.

Oh. The man with the mohawk from the comic you shared earlier in the thread.

• Like 2
Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, Bronztrooper said:

The confusion is strong with @Taylor Lilith  😝

Yeah it really was and a lot of it was checking my bases because it's easier to be prepared and apologize for being defensive and presumptive then to get steamrollered in argument for trusting someone for doing the right thing.  When it comes to trans women, internal turmoil and "he's" on the internet .... perhaps why you can see why I wanted absolute clarity.   I wanted to make quadruple, quintuple sure I wasn't taking rash action.  Turns out my being prepared to be defensive was unnecessary.

So yes, the confusion was strong but the need for clarity was stronger.  I apologize.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Taylor Lilith said:

Yeah it really was and a lot of it was checking my bases because it's easier to be prepared and apologize for being defensive and presumptive then to get steamrollered in argument for trusting someone for doing the right thing.  When it comes to trans women, internal turmoil and "he's" on the internet .... perhaps why you can see why I wanted absolute clarity.   I wanted to make quadruple, quintuple sure I wasn't taking rash action.  Turns out my being prepared to be defensive was unnecessary.

So yes, the confusion was strong but the need for clarity was stronger.  I apologize.

You don't need to apologize.  It was a minor misunderstanding at worst.  😁

• Like 1
Fluffy Femme Guy
10 hours ago, Taylor Lilith said:
  Hide contents

fotts_05.jpg?w=545

"You are already gay." XD

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

"You are already gay." XD

"Nani?"

:ph34r:

• Like 4
nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Taylor Lilith said:

Life of Bria is trans girl/femme culture. You bring up Life of Bria, every trans gal in the room will perk up and incline their ears. 

In my school's LGBT center, someone started playing Phantom of the Opera from the computer.  Eventually a few of us were singing the lyrics.  The song playing was "Think of Me" and after the ending high note I asked, what are we doing?  According to a friend there, Phantom is a queer culture thing.

Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, nerdperson777 said:

In my school's LGBT center, someone started playing Phantom of the Opera from the computer.  Eventually a few of us were singing the lyrics.  The song playing was "Think of Me" and after the ending high note I asked, what are we doing?  According to a friend there, Phantom is a queer culture thing.

Like the Numa Numa song?  Dragonstei Tei??!  Like a lot of people know it from the meme but the only people who have ever brought it up in conversation have been queer.  I had an agender pal of mine go,

"Y'all wanna listen to the numa numa song!?!"

us: "WTF is the numa numa song, Chaos???"

Chaos: \starts numa numa song

Us: all sing the numa numa song

• Like 1
nerdperson777
1 minute ago, Taylor Lilith said:

Like the Numa Numa song?  Dragonstei Tei??!  Like a lot of people know it from the meme but the only people who have ever brought it up in conversation have been queer.  I had an agender pal of mine go,

"Y'all wanna listen to the numa numa song!?!"

us: "WTF is the numa numa song, Chaos???"

Chaos: \starts numa numa song

Us: all sing the numa numa song

I haven't heard of it but sure

Taylor Lilith
2 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I haven't heard of it but sure

I'm betting you probably have.  But I could be wrong.  I did mispell it tho it's actually Dragostea din Tea.  Ozone probably does the worst music videos of all time but I still love the song.

• Like 1

One of the people I work for just had a kid. I didn't even know he was married, much less that he was sexually active. I don't know, he just didn't seem like he was the sexually active type (then again, no one seems that way 😂).

Also I just remembered a guy from my physics class last term. He got married at 18, and one of the people in our group asked him if he regretted anything about getting married so early. He said something along the lines of

no because I love her and she loves me, but yes because I never experienced those single years where you can just do whatever.

I'm not looking forward to those years...

• Like 1
Taylor Lilith
3 minutes ago, squaggly said:

I'm aware ^_^.  I'm saying a lot of people probably know it, but if someone brings it up in conversation, in my experience at least, that person is incredibly statistically likely to be queer.  Like the Phantom of the Opera mention, it somehow worked it's way into our culture.,

Number of cishets that I know know it: bunches

Number of times a cishet brought it up: 0

Number of non-cishets that I know know it: Bunches

Number of times a non-cishet brought it up: Bunches

• Like 1
Taylor Lilith
48 minutes ago, squaggly said:

One of the people I work for just had a kid. I didn't even know he was married, much less that he was sexually active. I don't know, he just didn't seem like he was the sexually active type (then again, no one seems that way 😂).

Also I just remembered a guy from my physics class last term. He got married at 18, and one of the people in our group asked him if he regretted anything about getting married so early. He said something along the lines of

no because I love her and she loves me, but yes because I never experienced those single years where you can just do whatever.

I'm not looking forward to those years...

I have no idea how old most of you are but the movie this reminds me of will age me immensely because it reminds me of the movie Juno

179384.png

I think I never really activated in a conventional sense 🤔

• Like 3

Last night I was talking about the NRS social scale (A,B,C1,D etc) and someone said "why are you talking about brass eyes"

"Brass eyes? I don't understand"

"yes, we know"

On 9/5/2018 at 3:28 PM, Laplace said:

I’d probably become a totalitarian individual

Isn't that what happens 99% of the time someone gets real power? They try to keep it and get more. You're not alone.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

It's funny and all, but I'm kind of questioning the disaster background.

Oh my god, right? I paused for a few moments when I read this one.

"Venus the Planet of Love is entering Scorpio enhancing your sexual urges."

Me: Bruh finally I can finish this nsfw fic of mine after 9 months.

(I'm an ace with a libido and I'm writing fics that are nsfw to challenge my comfort zone but with barely any urges I take months to write them.)

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
7 hours ago, Ashara said:

Venus the Planet of Love is entering Scorpio enhancing your sexual urges.

Ah the fun of being an asexual Scorpio, the most sexual of all the zodiacs 🙄

• Like 2
9 hours ago, œddy said:

Last night I was talking about the NRS social scale (A,B,C1,D etc) and someone said "why are you talking about brass eyes"

"Brass eyes? I don't understand"

"yes, we know"

I don't understand?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Ah the fun of being an asexual Scorpio, the most sexual of all the zodiacs 🙄

My anaconda don't want none with or without buns.

• Like 5

I honestly don't know if this counts as an ace moment, but here it goes.

I've recently discovered a japanese rock music band called "Band-Maid", all the members are girls. "How is that last part important?" you may understandably ask. Well, every single one of their music videos has someone saying "They're hot", "X is hot" or something similar, to what my first thought is "dafuq does that matter? You're supposed to be here or the music...". They are beautiful, I won't say they are not, but isn't the music the important part?

I've seen similar comments in "Babymetal" videos (which is just downright creepy a lot of the times). Well, to be honest, in every single video where a cute/beautiful woman does anything! I've just put those two examples because they are ones I've seen a lot of, I don't really know if the same thing happens in boy-bands videos, or drawing videos or whatever subject, though it wouldn't be surprising.

It honestly disgusts me, and makes me mad. Can't people think of the music when watching a music video? Not even 3 to 5 minutes without thinking of sex? It feels like those people are not really fans of what they do, just of their looks. It's not like those women wouldn't have the ability that makes them good at what they do if they weren't attractive.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, squaggly said:

I don't understand?

Say it out loud and it's also the size of an item of underwear

• Like 1
Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, Akito said:

I honestly don't know if this counts as an ace moment, but here it goes.

I've recently discovered a japanese rock music band called "Band-Maid", all the members are girls. "How is that last part important?" you may understandably ask. Well, every single one of their music videos has someone saying "They're hot", "X is hot" or something similar, to what my first thought is "dafuq does that matter? You're supposed to be here or the music...". They are beautiful, I won't say they are not, but isn't the music the important part?

I've seen similar comments in "Babymetal" videos (which is just downright creepy a lot of the times). Well, to be honest, in every single video where a cute/beautiful woman does anything! I've just put those two examples because they are ones I've seen a lot of, I don't really know if the same thing happens in boy-bands videos, or drawing videos or whatever subject, though it wouldn't be surprising.

It honestly disgusts me, and makes me mad. Can't people think of the music when watching a music video? Not even 3 to 5 minutes without thinking of sex? It feels like those people are not really fans of what they do, just of their looks. It's not like those women wouldn't have the ability that makes them good at what they do if they weren't attractive.

No this makes absolute sense.  Every time I see this kind of stuff I go, "Dafuq does it matter?" and then think, "Not everyone is ace, Taylor."

• Like 2
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, œddy said:

Say it out loud and it's also the size of an item of underwear

Bra size?

• Like 2