Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

PixleyDust✨
6 hours ago, imahappynothing said:

Lucky...

I know right? That sounds absolutely ADORABLE. 😊

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, will123 said:

Im in Kapuskasing (lots of francophones) this weekend, maybe I could ask them to translate LGBTQ2S...

I would assume LGBTQ are the same as other places and 2S would be two-spirit, for Native American identities.

PixleyDust✨
2 hours ago, Lirpaderp said:

I thought that's what it meant until someone recently told me otherwise. I wish I'd find out about innuendos before I use them in the wrong context, it happens way too often.

RIGHT? I thought that too when I first heard that, and my reaction was literally:

“That just sounds like a normal phrase. That’s an innuendo? Really? But what if that’s what I’m literally doing? Jesus.” 

I live in California. I can’t NOT say I’m chilling. It’s what we do. 😆

And what would be the alternative anyway, I’m Netflix and...sitting? Wouldn’t work because well DUH. 🤣

I guess people like us could just say “Netflixing”? That way it just literally sounds like we’re just watching Netflix. #asexualsolutions

• Like 5
PixleyDust✨

I swear, there are more codes for sex than there are stars in our galaxy. 😑

• Like 8
nerdperson777
41 minutes ago, Pixley said:

RIGHT? I thought that too when I first heard that, and my reaction was literally:

“That just sounds like a normal phrase. That’s an innuendo? Really? But what if that’s what I’m literally doing? Jesus.” 

I live in California. I can’t NOT say I’m chilling. It’s what we do. 😆

And what would be the alternative anyway, I’m Netflix and...sitting? Wouldn’t work because well DUH. 🤣

I guess people like us could just say “Netflixing”? That way it just literally sounds like we’re just watching Netflix. #asexualsolutions

I have never really been one to say chill in this context.  Maybe I thought I wasn't cool enough for it, because I don't recall ever using it.  I guess the Southern Californians say "let's bounce" and I'd never really heard that.  I guess I'll say "I'm hella chill" then. :P

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pixley said:

I swear, there are more codes for sex than there are stars in our galaxy. 😑

That was actually a bit of a running joke in my Latin class, when we started reading original texts, whenever we came across a word we didn't know, there was about a 50% chance that it either meant something sexual or killing/dying. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Me: but can we mix the water in another substance to make the viscosity thicker

Friend: ^^;

Me: my blood is probably so watered down that it's even thinner than water

[watch my ASD brain wander off :P]

This may be a bit off topic, but, I just saw this in your signature.  The original quote for the blood is thicker than water is a biblical reference, and the actual line is "The blood of brotherhood is thicker than the water of the womb," meaning that the blood of friendship and comradery of the priesthood is stronger than the bonds of family.  So, the meaning of the original quote is that friends/coworkers are more important than family.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Fantastic Name said:

I accidentally stumbled upon this little site earlier today. Yeah, it's a bit... odd. I dunno.

Anyway, I let it loop through twice before I closed out of it. It wasn't until a few minutes after I closed it when I finally realized, "Wait, I was supposed to be turned on by that?"

Whether you were meant to or not, I found that hilarious  (the site)

• Like 1
PixleyDust✨
16 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I guess I'll say "I'm hella chill" then.

Ah, “hella chill”. How could I forget that? 😆

• Like 1
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

@Dodoa, yes, our Latin class used to titter when we had to decline 'mitto, mittere, misi, misum ', 

Spoiler

Mitto, mittis, mittit, mittimus , mittitis, mittunt......now, how many homophonic rude words can you find!:lol: make sure to put the emphasis on the second syllables...

When you're watching Grey's and you're far more interested in the medical drama and patients than the relationship drama and sex.

• Like 1
PixleyDust✨
14 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

@Dodoa, yes, our Latin class used to titter when we had to decline 'mitto, mittere, misi, misum ', 

Reveal hidden contents

Mitto, mittis, mittit, mittimus , mittitis, mittunt......now, how many homophonic rude words can you find!:lol: make sure to put the emphasis on the second syllables...

I looked up what those words meant to find out why your class was tittering before I realized what you meant by stressing the second syllable.

I’m so ace, I just had an ace moment in the middle of a THREAD DEDICATED TO ACE MOMENTS. 

#ace-ception 🤯

*BUHHHHM* 

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, Pixley said:

I looked up what those words meant to find out why your class was tittering before I realized what you meant by stressing the second syllable.

I’m so ace, I just had an ace moment in the middle of a THREAD DEDICATED TO ACE MOMENTS. 

#ace-ception 🤯

*BUHHHHM* 

I'm still having an ace moment and I don't get it

• Like 2
PixleyDust✨
Just now, squaggly said:

I'm still having an ace moment and I don't get it

I could be wrong, but stress the second syllable of some of these words (spoiler alert, it’s REALLY immature):

mitTIT, mitTITis...yeah.

And I think that’s why they were laughing. 

Did I get that right, @chandrakirti ? Or are @squaggly and I still stuck in an ace moment?

6 hours ago, Pixley said:

#ace-ception 🤯

*BUHHHHM* 

Sorry I don't get it. Maybe it is that I am not a native speaker in English. But the only reference to something related to being gay was mitunt(e) which is German but not English.

dragon_nerd
8 hours ago, Pixley said:

I could be wrong, but stress the second syllable of some of these words (spoiler alert, it’s REALLY immature):

mitTIT, mitTITis...yeah.

Did I get that right, @chandrakirti ? Or are @squaggly and I still stuck in an ace moment?

Thanks for explaining that. I didn't get it before 

• Like 1
Strawberry ice cream

My lifetime incredible ace moment is that I'm 40 and still don't get the concept of marriage, sex, children. 

• Like 5
Ms. Carolynne
5 hours ago, Bloc said:

Sorry I don't get it. Maybe it is that I am not a native speaker in English. But the only reference to something related to being gay was mitunt(e) which is German but not English.

She said homophonic. The prefix homo meaning similar to or the same. It's nothing to do with being gay.

Rather it sounds similar to another word.

11 hours ago, Pixley said:

mitTIT, mitTITis...yeah.

I think you're right. It took me a couple minutes to realize it too.

Stupid, because I could've just scrolled on and cheated off of your post :P

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

I don't know if I've posted this story here (it's from when I  was doing my A levels) but when I first read aromatic molecules (as in organic molecules that contain a benzene ring) I misread it as aromantic 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, G1P0 said:

She said homophonic. The prefix homo meaning similar to or the same. It's nothing to do with being gay.

OK, I was still to tired. I've read homophobic and tried to find what might be homophobic in those words. In Germany Tunte has been used as a slur against efimiate gay men, which has been reclaimed, but is still used as a slur.

• Like 1

This is more a queer moment than an ace moment: last semester I was taking notes in a lecture, looked at my notes and read "Wirkungsqueerschnitt" instead of "Wirkungsquerschnitt".

• Like 5
dragon_nerd

@squaggly

Spoiler

mitTIT, mitTITis have the word tits in it (as in slang for breasts). 

Strawberry ice cream

Even well meaning nice compliment about my sexual attraction is for me very uncomfortable...like What are you talking about ?? I have zero sexual attraction! Can't you see it?

• Like 1
nerdperson777
4 hours ago, squaggly said:

@dragon_nerd okay I get it, but it's just unfunny

People can just be really immature and laugh at boobs.  Speaking of such, I may have had an anti-ace moment.

While I was teaching martial arts today, one student was showing me her spear form.  For those who did not bring their staff/spear, there are staffs available for borrowing courtesy of the school.  They tend to be heavier and thicker probably so that people would prefer their own weapon to the ones for borrowing at school.  So first she was just kind of being picky about which staff to choose.  She would start the form and realize that she didn't like her spear and get another one.  For those who don't know, the end of a staff/spear is called the butt.  So on this student's second attempt, she stopped and said, "WHY IS THIS BUTT SO BIG??"  I started laughing.  She didn't understand why I was laughing.  She thought that I was being impatient about her trying to choose another staff.  No, I'm laughing because of this question that she asked really loudly.  She's 14 years old and did not notice.  Upon telling my dad when I got home, he thought that she should get these jokes.  If she ends up being ace, I'll be reminded of this instance.

• Like 7
Comrade F&F

During a DND run, our campaign took a very, very interesting turn. It's pretty tame, but I'll still put spoilers up. :D

Spoiler

We had to infiltrate a very posh establishment, where we quickly found out that the VIP lounge was a glorified strip bar, with a lucrative brothel full of drugged and promiscuous women. All my friends know I'm ace, but they also know I'm pretty chill with this sort of thing. Long story short, we ended up shutting down the illegal establishment and getting the doped-up 'thots' over to a holy temple that could help sort them out.

Afterwards, my friends were cracking innuendo jokes all around and I was very confused as an ace would be. so I casually mentioned, "I'll just sit on the sidelines." Meaning I was really just out of place. This cracked up everyone even more because apparently THAT was innuendo where I wanted to 'watch' the funtimes to be had of these ladies wishing to shower their gratitude to the party.

There were also a few rolls of constitution on the side..

• Like 5

@nerdperson777 I would have laughed too. Like, rolling on the floor, laughing way too hard at that poor little 14 yo kid. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while! :lol:

• Like 2