Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

6 hours ago, BessTheLandlordsDaughter said:

I feel ya. I never cared or worried about the fact that I didn't really date and ever have sex 'cause I figured that eventually I'd meet *someone*. That's what supposed to happen, right?

I thought that as well. A small part of me wanted to have a girlfriend and/or have sex, but I never put any effort into actually accomplishing those things.

How is a person supposed to understand that?

• Like 3

-I missed all the signs with several guy friends. I legitimately thought they just wanted to be friends. 

-I dated (and still am dating:blink:) a guy I don't really have feelings for but I just dated him because I thought eventually I'd like him. I thought if a guy loved me that much I'd love him too....I learned that's not how it works.

-I have had a few crushes (one main one though) and never thought about having sex with them.

-Honestly I think the only reason I was ever interested in being in a relationship was because of some deep emotional issues I have on wanting to be loved and to know what it's like to really love someone back like that.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tgif said:

-I missed all the signs with several guy friends. I legitimately thought they just wanted to be friends. 

-I dated (and still am dating:blink:) a guy I don't really have feelings for but I just dated him because I thought eventually I'd like him. I thought if a guy loved me that much I'd love him too....I learned that's not how it works.

-I have had a few crushes (one main one though) and never thought about having sex with them.

-Honestly I think the only reason I was ever interested in being in a relationship was because of some deep emotional issues I have on wanting to be loved and to know what it's like to really love someone back like that.

Signs? Like what?

PixleyDust✨
On 3/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, Ase of Spades said:

I'm actually kind of afraid of having male friends because excluding the ones that were gay, every male friend I felt close to wound up getting a crush on me. :blink: 

I feel ya. Happened to me in high school a few times. Guess they didn’t know the difference between a girl actually flirting and just being nice. 

Plus being a nerdy tomboy, I just happened to have A LOT in common with them so that didn’t help much. 🤣

But in my experience, the ones who are really your friends will stick around even after you’ve made it clear you don’t feel that way about them. Hope that makes you feel, at least, a little better about having male friends. 😊

• Like 3
PixleyDust✨

@Zash 

Damn, you’re right. I can’t beat that.

I respectfully surrender to you, good show sir.

tenor.gif?itemid=7308130

And I would have reacted the same way, I’m touch-averse as well, like EXTREMELY so. Actually, I’m pretty sure it’s a phobia at this point. 

Plus, who just ups and hugs people without warning? The heck? Can a sister get a cue first? Dang. 😆

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Went to the Women's Day march on Thursday, and my organisation's demand was for a new consent law that is being discussed in Parliament in Norway now. We had signs saying Sex is great, but ask for permission! I couldn't make myself carry one, I felt awkward just looking at it 

Sort of similar thing...I'm a college instructor for psychology courses, and I think teaching sex ed and consent is super important. Especially because I often teach students fresh out of high school. But, I always feel mega-awkward doing it, because all of my experience with both of those topics is entirely from textbooks/other media. I often feel like I don't know what I'm talking about while teaching, but never more than during that unit😂

• Like 4
PixleyDust✨
17 hours ago, G1P0 said:

My stumbling upon asexuality was similar.

Somebody referenced the LGBTQIAK community, and I was thinking "What are all these letters? This is like an eyechart!"

So I Googled it, and ran into a BuzzFeed article describing each one.

Asexuality of course stood out to me, so I ended up looking that up.

I ended up reading some stuff on the AVEN wiki, and did some lurking on these forums and it clicked for me at that point.

Before that I didn't even know asexuality was a thing, I had never heard of it.

The acronym as I know it is LGBTQQIP2SAA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, 2-Spirit, Asexual, and Ally). What does the "K" stand for? Just curious. 

nerdperson777
2 minutes ago, Pixley said:

The acronym as I know it is LGBTQQIP2SAA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, 2-Spirit, Asexual, and Ally). What does the "K" stand for? Just curious. 

I only knew LGBTQIAP.....kink? idk.

PixleyDust✨
17 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I only knew LGBTQIAP.....kink? idk.

Right? I didn't know there was a "K". I'll have to look this up.

PixleyDust✨

I'm back. And, okay, turns out the acronym has been modified again and now it's like RIDICULOUSLY long, so now it's LGBTQQIAAACPPF2SK, or:

*long inhale*

Lesbian

Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Queer
Questioning
Intersex
Asexual
Agender
Ally
Curious
Pansexual
Polysexual
Friends and familly
2-Spirit
Kink

PHEW. Jesus, I think we need to come up with a community name that describes all of us, rather than just adding letter after letter after letter...:lol:

And you were right @nerdperson777, the "K" did stand for kink. Good guess. 

• Like 2
nerdperson777

I don't think Ally and Friends and Family really belong in there, eh.

Cool, I guessed well!

I guess the quilt bag isn't good anymore.

• Like 3
PixleyDust✨
33 minutes ago, Pixley said:

Oh snap! Didn't even notice this was my 100th post. Feels like I just hit a milestone or something. :)

200w.webp

OH DAMN IT. I don't have any glitter to throw in the air...oh well, maybe on my 200th post I'll get it right. 

• Like 6
PixleyDust✨
11 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I don't think Ally and Friends and Family really belong in there, eh.

Cool, I guessed well!

I guess the quilt bag isn't good anymore.

I agree, not that they're UNIMPORTANT or anything, it's just that it seems a bit...extraneous to wedge them in there. I'm sure Friends and Family would work just fine under "Ally", no need for a subcategory of Ally types. Just my opinion.

• Like 4

This is all kinds of ridiculous but I forgot I'm not on AVEN while mentioning on a forum that I dislike the phrase "Netflix and chill" since it means something "not pleasant". Needless to say no one agreed with me. :D

• Like 14

Most of the time the acronym used by Canadian media ends before they get to the As :(

• Like 1

Currently, I’m staying with an uncle and I have to basically be a big brother to his 5 y.o. Reminds me why I will never have children. He’s not a bad kid, but if I had to watch him all the time and deal with any more poop, pee, or fart jokes after the visit, I’m would frikkin’ blow my top. Like, goddamn, how do you have so much patience for years on end? So yeah, I’m glad I’m ace.

• Like 9
The Mechanic

One of my professors was talking about Maslow's hierarchy of needs, and he listed the components of the physical needs (the lowest level) as air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, and sleep.  I legit thought he was joking about sex being part of it because I have a hard time imagining that as a basic need.

• Like 8
On 11/03/2018 at 1:49 PM, Lemonsky said:

This is all kinds of ridiculous but I forgot I'm not on AVEN while mentioning on a forum that I dislike the phrase "Netflix and chill" since it means something "not pleasant". Needless to say no one agreed with me. :D

I remember when I went around to my squishes house to watch a film. Next day - people tried to trick me into saying Netflix and chill....

My partner and I are ace. Every so often, my partner will accidentally say or do something that could be interpreted as sexual. When I comment/joke about it, he'll stop, glare at me, and then pout excessively for the next few seconds. He's absolutely adorable.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, will123 said:

Most of the time the acronym used by Canadian media ends before they get to the As :(

Being French Canadian, now I'm wondering what that acronym is XD :D

2 hours ago, The Mechanic said:

One of my professors was talking about Maslow's hierarchy of needs, and he listed the components of the physical needs (the lowest level) as air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, and sleep.  I legit thought he was joking about sex being part of it because I have a hard time imagining that as a basic need.

Maslow is quite silly tbh, a honest hierarchy of needs for an individual is oxygen, medium temperature, water, sleep, and nutrients.

You can live for only 3 minutes without any oxygen reserves at room temperature (it can be extended by cold, yet cold can also kill you), you can die anywhere from moments to days depending on how extreme the temperature is (cold or hot), water, which the longest anyone has ever survived without is 4 days, but on average is 3 (don’t worry, we didn’t do tests to figure this out), you die at around 11 days without sleep; and finally, you generally die after about a month without food, but this varies depending on energy usage.

Every single one depends on many variables, but it’s a good approximate. Also, for survival as a species, sex itself isn’t essential, but reproduction of a mean rate of one child per person, and it can be done “artificially” using a certain lab procedure.

• Like 2
nerdperson777

Earlier, my dad was taking me to the orthopedist to get my stitches removed.  When we left and got in the car, he said that he noticed the receptionists had such low cut shirts and wondered why.  I said that I wasn't paying attention.  But honestly, they were sitting down, the desk in front was like chest to shoulder height, and I wasn't standing right in front of the desk.  My dad's not that much taller so don't know how he got that view.

4 hours ago, Sean-Kat said:

My partner and I are ace. Every so often, my partner will accidentally say or do something that could be interpreted as sexual. When I comment/joke about it, he'll stop, glare at me, and then pout excessively for the next few seconds. He's absolutely adorable.

Lucky...

• Like 1
the_rebecca
6 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

I remember when I went around to my squishes house to watch a film. Next day - people tried to trick me into saying Netflix and chill....

Why can’t Netflix and chill just literally be NETFLIX AND CHILL.

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, the_rebecca said:

Truth.

Now why can't everyone agree with us?

• Like 7
the_rebecca
1 minute ago, imahappynothing said:

Truth.

Now why can't everyone agree with us?

Real conversation:

me: “I was having a relaxing weekend. Coffee cake. Netflix and chill”

sister: *raises eyebrow*

me: ugh, not the sex kind. The Netflix kind.

• Like 9
Fantastic Name

I accidentally stumbled upon this little site earlier today. Yeah, it's a bit... odd. I dunno.

Anyway, I let it loop through twice before I closed out of it. It wasn't until a few minutes after I closed it when I finally realized, "Wait, I was supposed to be turned on by that?"

9 hours ago, Tiggidou said:

Being French Canadian, now I'm wondering what that acronym is XD :D

Im in Kapuskasing (lots of francophones) this weekend, maybe I could ask them to translate LGBTQ2S...

4 hours ago, the_rebecca said:

I thought that's what it meant until someone recently told me otherwise. I wish I'd find out about innuendos before I use them in the wrong context, it happens way too often.

• Like 1