Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I mentioned to my mother that one of my friends had walked in from outside commenting on how cold it was, to which I responded obviously as it was like -3. My mother then said if I thought he was looking for a cuddle, which then took me a while to realise what she was asking potentially.

Like why would I immediately go to any conclusion other than just a hug for that? why would you do that

Both me and this guy are ace btw

• Like 1
Willgracefan

Coworker/Carpooler telling me about how her best friend hates her boyfriend and the end is near.

Me: well do they still sleep together?

Carpooler: They sleep in the same bed

Me: Do they have sex?

Carpooler: they have angry sex, which is like the best sex ever, but they should break up.

Me: 😑😑😑

how can angry sex be good? 

I just don’t get it

Hates boyfriend but still remains in the relationship... 🤔🧐🤔🧐 And still sleeps with them... 🧐🤔

Yeah, I’ll never understand how some people’s brains work. I just pretty much gave up trying to understand how everyone’s minds work cause it’s just futile.

• Like 9
On 3/3/2018 at 1:04 AM, Pixley said:
On 12/18/2017 at 8:12 AM, awkward_pterodactyl said:

Generally I get innuendos (there’s a lot in high school and on the internet) but I flat-out don’t get flirting or... attraction? Once I passed a group of guys on my way out of work. One informed me, “My friend thinks you’re cute!” I gave him a thumbs up and kept walking.

That has to be the best reaction to catcalling I’ve heard of so far. Probably because of the subtle sarcasm that could be inferred from such a gesture...

A boy for some odd reason gives me his phone number. 

Me: Why?

Boy: I'll just write it down in your calculator. (We're in math class.)

Me: But why?

*Boy's friends shaking their heads*

Boy: I'll just put it right here.

Me: Why? 

(Next math class. Boy is talking to one of my friends and one of his friends.)

Boy: She didn't text me.

My friend: Did you really expect her to?

*Boy's friend gives curious look*

Boy: .......No.....

(Me just silently being confused and silently laughing that he actually thought that I would text him.)

• Like 8
PixleyDust✨
On 3/3/2018 at 3:52 AM, FireAddWater said:

I once had this guy come up to me when i was chilling alone at the side of a school dance. He was all "hey why dont you join me beautiful? Whats your number?" 

I honestly didnt know how to respond so without saying anything, i just get up and walk away. 

You did the right thing. 🤣

• Like 3
PixleyDust✨
5 hours ago, Willgracefan said:

Coworker/Carpooler telling me about how her best friend hates her boyfriend and the end is near.

Me: we’ll do they still sleep together?

Carpooler: They sleep in the same bed

Me: Do they have sex?

Carpooler: they have angry sex, which is like the best sex ever, but they should break up.

Me: 😑😑😑

how can angry sex is good? 

I just don’t get it

Passion is passion, I suppose? But still, that’s got to be awkward afterwards. Especially, if they’re still pissed.

You’d just kind of end up with a “Okay...now what?” situation. 🤣

Forest Spirit
6 hours ago, Laplace said:

Hates boyfriend but still remains in the relationship... 🤔🧐🤔🧐 And still sleeps with them... 🧐🤔

Yeah, I’ll never understand how some people’s work. I just pretty much gave up trying to understand how everyone’s minds work cause it’s just futile.

With such stories I always wonder what they really mean with "I hate that person", because I know how it is to really hate someone and the one thing I don't want to is spending time with him, not one second. Sexual attraction or not I simply couldn't stand staying in a relationship with such a person, it would just make me hate myself... So yeah, I don't get it either.

If it's just being annoyed of someone from time to time.. ok, but if I'm annoyed of someone or pissed than I get distant and avoidant so not working either :huh: atleast not for my brain!

• Like 1
SallyBlackwater

Not sure if it's because of asexuality or just needing my space, but I never understood what's so appealing about sleeping together, in the "big spoon-little spoon" sense. It sounds cute, in theory... but it also looks soooo uncomfortable. I'd be gasping for air and space in like five minutes.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

With such stories I always wonder what they really mean with "I hate that person", because I know how it is to really hate someone and the one thing I don't want to is spending time with him, not one second. Sexual attraction or not I simply couldn't stand staying in a relationship with such a person, it would just make me hate myself... So yeah, I don't get it either.

If it's just being annoyed of someone from time to time.. ok, but if I'm annoyed of someone or pissed than I get distant and avoidant so not working either :huh: atleast not for my brain!

If I hate someone, the only reason I'm going to be near them is because I'm trying to beat them up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, imahappynothing said:

If I hate someone, the only reason I'm going to be near them is because I'm trying to beat them up.

That's the spirit! You go girl, you can take them on!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SallyBlackwater said:

Not sure if it's because of asexuality or just needing my space, but I never understood what's so appealing about sleeping together, in the "big spoon-little spoon" sense. It sounds cute, in theory... but it also looks soooo uncomfortable. I'd be gasping for air and space in like five minutes.

It just reminds me of Tetris 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

It just reminds me of Tetris 

Then someone moves in their sleep and it doesn't work anymore...

Classmate: I think we can all agree that [supposedly atractive teacher] is better than [my favorite teacher].

Me: Well, actually...

Everyone: *blank stare*

• Like 5
On 3/3/2018 at 5:52 AM, FireAddWater said:

I once had this guy come up to me when i was chilling alone at the side of a school dance. He was all "hey why dont you join me beautiful? Whats your number?" 

I honestly didnt know how to respond so without saying anything, i just get up and walk away. 

Once when I was 11, I was at a waterpark, and I was playing with my friends and this random guy joined us. Right before he left, he asked me for my phone number. I told him I didn't have a phone. He left.

About a week later, I realized, Oh he was flirting with me. That makes absolutely no sense. Oh well. Moving on.

• Like 3
nerdperson777
31 minutes ago, imahappynothing said:

Once when I was 11, I was at a waterpark, and I was playing with my friends and this random guy joined us. Right before he left, he asked me for my phone number. I told him I didn't have a phone. He left.

About a week later, I realized, Oh he was flirting with me. That makes absolutely no sense. Oh well. Moving on.

I can always bring back an old story for newer people I guess.  I went to a community college to satisfy my high school language requirement.  I was 14 and didn't realize that my 19 year old classmate was flirting with me.  He said that I had beautiful eyes and I went home telling my parents about the strange thing my classmate said to me.

• Like 1
SilverForestFae

Being an adult but refusing to watch R-rated movies because I know they nearly all have sex scenes in them (and being questioned why I won't and my only answers being it's either "stupid" or "it's R-rated crap")

I'm viewed as childish a lot because I don't want "adult movies" and if I know it has sex in it I won't watch it. I opt for stuff like Ella Enchanted (the book not movie. Book is better) because one, it's a wonderful story, and two, it's not sexual!

I never did ask anyone about why humans first thought to have sex, I just literally figured the only reason they did was because they were shown that's how you reproduce. 

Also, being 1000% done with shirtless people or whatever. 

Lately though Ive been really uncomfortable watching people kiss or anything and yet I watch it anyway because I don't want my family to realize I'm avoiding it. So if I'm in the same room, and people kiss and start to be "passionate" I try to half watch half not because I'm not sure which will make me less noticeable... even though I really really don't want to see it at all like times 1000

• Like 3

being afraid of being alone for the rest of my life, but knowing that whoever I would be with would be miserable because of me :(

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, SilverForestFae said:

Also, being 1000% done with shirtless people or whatever. 

Truth.

Once my cousin showed me a picture of her best friend shirtless, and I promptly grabbed her pillow and hid my face in it.

• Like 3
nerdperson777
31 minutes ago, squaggly said:

being afraid of being alone for the rest of my life, but knowing that whoever I would be with would be miserable because of me :(

You should know from people here that sex isn't everything.  There are people out there just like you who could do that.  You aren't going to make them miserable.

• Like 6
BessTheLandlordsDaughter

The moment I realized that every time some guy had ever wanted to "hang out and watch tv" on a date that they had probably all been staring at the side of my head wondering what the hell my problem was as I sat there and watched TV.

It took me years before it hit me out of the blue one day 'cause the few guys I dated were all too nice (or nervous) to make a move in the face of my total disinterest. Total facepalm.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BessTheLandlordsDaughter said:

The moment I realized that every time some guy had ever wanted to "hang out and watch tv" on a date that they had probably all been staring at the side of my head wondering what the hell my problem was as I sat there and watched TV.

It took me years before it hit me out of the blue one day 'cause the few guys I dated were all too nice (or nervous) to make a move in the face of my total disinterest. Total facepalm.

Wait, they don't just want to watch TV? 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, imahappynothing said:

Let me guess, it’s a innuendo, and some of them actually wanted to watch tv, some wanted something different (IDK what), and it makes it impossible to say you want to watch tv because of some stupid phrase.

50 minutes ago, Zenzencat104 said:

Let me guess, it’s a innuendo, and some of them actually wanted to watch tv, some wanted something different (IDK what), and it makes it impossible to say you want to watch tv because of some stupid phrase.

THEY REALLY DO RUIN EVERYTHING

• Like 4
Fantastic Name
1 hour ago, imahappynothing said:

It's "Netflix and chill" all over again. <_<

• Like 1
Fantastic Name
3 minutes ago, imahappynothing said:

Huh?

"Netflix and chill" is another equally-misleading euphemism.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Fantastic Name said:

"Netflix and chill" is another equally-misleading euphemism.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM???

• Like 5
Sweet Potato
1 hour ago, imahappynothing said:

I was talking to an aquaintance and neighbor (appartment life) on facebook, ended up inviting him down to hang out. apparently one does not need to specifically say netflix and chill to make them think sex is on the menu, all you have to do is have netflix and use it for entertainment. he got confused and upset when I didnt want him making passes at me.

seriously, I dont know how to just watch tv with someone I am not related to without having to turn down unwanted advances

• Like 4
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I can always bring back an old story for newer people I guess.  I went to a community college to satisfy my high school language requirement.  I was 14 and didn't realize that my 19 year old classmate was flirting with me.  He said that I had beautiful eyes and I went home telling my parents about the strange thing my classmate said to me.

That sounds like something I would have done at that age, too. Heck, sometimes flirting still goes over my head. I like to think I'm smarter now than I was at 14, but sometimes I'm not. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Planet Ace said:

Heck, sometimes flirting still goes over my head.

I'm only 14, almost 15, but flirting will always go over my head for at least a week.

• Like 1