Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

nerdperson777
4 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

@Duke Memphis Monopoly's so fun. I don't see why anyone wouldn't look forward to that, nerd or not.

In my experience, people don't want to play because the game would never finish.  In my case, it won't even start because I seem to have lost the deed cards.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

@Duke Memphis Monopoly's so fun. I don't see why anyone wouldn't look forward to that, nerd or not.

Because it doesn't fucking end. 

• Like 3

When someone asks you why you haven’t got a boyfriend yet and you give them an eye roll and their eyes go big and they ask you “ OMG ARE YOU GAY!?!?!” And you face them and give them an annoyed expression

• Like 3
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

My daughter and I used to have week long monopoly and chess games going , a little before school/work, some after, we loved eking them out to get the most fun.

Incredibly ace moment of the week? When I commented on how nice someone's jumper was and someone else said it was a chat up line! No, it was a nice jumper....

My mother had me unknowingly take a psychological test involving a rollercoaster and imagining myself on one. She told me afterwards what my answers meant. Apparently my thoughts while on the rollercoaster were the same as my thoughts about sex.

"OH GOD MAKE IT STOP I WANT TO GET OFF I HATE THIS WHY AM I HERE"

• Like 18
TheLastStarCat

I was watching a movie with my parents tonight and it got to a sex scene and my dad said "this is the scene I don't want to watch with my daughter." And I responded with "I'll go get a drink a drink then," and hung out in the kitchen with the cat until the next scene. I had wanted a drink anyway, and it was the perfect opportunity.

• Like 5
nerdperson777
6 hours ago, Mirari said:

My mother had me unknowingly take a psychological test involving a rollercoaster and imagining myself on one. She told me afterwards what my answers meant. Apparently my thoughts while on the rollercoaster were the same as my thoughts about sex.

"OH GOD MAKE IT STOP I WANT TO GET OFF I HATE THIS WHY AM I HERE"

I did one about walking through a forest.  There's a body of water in the middle of the forest that you decide.  Apparently that also reflects sex thoughts too.  I thought of a plain freshwater pond.  It meant something like indifferent.  Then the next question was what to do, cross it, or do something.  I forgot if I wanted to ride a boat across or walk around.  Either way it was a non-sexual thing.  My friend had read about some chemistry beforehand so her body of water was a few drops of arsenic.  That basically means danger, which I took as don't touch the repulsed ace.  Her brother decided to take a dive in his body of water, which was basically accepting sexuality wholeheartedly.

• Like 4
On 1/27/2018 at 3:13 AM, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

When you look at someone and sex doesn't cross your mind.

And others mention how that's one of the first things if not the first they thought about someone, leaving you looking at them as if they're aliens, while you yourself are most likely the odd one out.

(Had that today. I don't think I would even have to get out to a few people now, they seem to get the idea how much interest I have in that kind of topic by now.)

• Like 5
WoodwindWhistler
On 1/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, Duke Memphis said:

My girlfriend is coming over to my house tomorrow to play Monopoly with me. We're competitively enthused about it, and one of her friends said that my girlfriend and I are nerds.

My response: "Yeah, we are!"

Did you know the game that Monopoly basically stole and modified the idea from was originally supposed to be an illustration of how easy it was for an apartment owner to get ahead while their tenants struggled just to get by? 

/nerdmoment

On 1/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, LoisLane said:

the guy started to make/do footie/footsy (I don't know how to say it in english, sorry) on my new shoes!! 

So I genuily protested out loud before even thinking it was a planned "intimate"(ish) gesture. Something from the order of "Ohh your foot is on mine! You're gonna damage my shoes!". I swear I was not that naive (even then) and if I had taken a few seconds I would have understand why

I have a guy friend who liked to give me foot rubs. Really good ones. Unfortunately, my boyfriend put the kabosh on that. 

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate

Whenever someone says "look" to me because they've seen someone attractive, I'm always disappointed that they weren't pointing out a dog or any other cute animal. I don't want to look at a stranger's butt, I want cute puppies or a teacup pig. 

• Like 13

when this turns you on because you enjoy the sound of a shoe being cleaned for fuck sake. 

Forest Spirit
2 hours ago, AussieIsAce said:

when this turns you on because you enjoy the sound of a shoe being cleaned for fuck sake. 

... but... why is that person using a freaking TOOTH BRUSH for cleaning shoes!? :D funny thing, this is kinda how my brain reacts to people having or wanting to have sex, just a big "why!? I don't understand..."

I like the sound too, but nothing is better than a fountain pen scraping over paper <3

SallyBlackwater

Maybe this is the (huge, I guess) bit of aromanticism I have in my heart, but as Japanese homework I have to write about my ideal wedding, and I've just realized that apart from wanting it to be Harry Potter themed I have no clue. I even don't have any idea of the dress I'd like to wear, even though I know many girls who have fantasized about it since they were children. I guess I'll never get married xDDD

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

... but... why is that person using a freaking TOOTH BRUSH for cleaning shoes!? :D funny thing, this is kinda how my brain reacts to people having or wanting to have sex, just a big "why!? I don't understand..."

I like the sound too, but nothing is better than a fountain pen scraping over paper <3

toothbrushes are cheap what would you use? 

ooohhh i like pens on paper too ayeeeee

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

... but... why is that person using a freaking TOOTH BRUSH for cleaning shoes!?

Toothbrushes work great for things that have a lot of cracks or seams, because they're small enough and have stiff enough bristles that they can get into the cracks. I've used them at the barn when we clean the little western saddle because of all the details on it. Sponges and rags just don't work as well sometimes.

• Like 4

Today after Training in my sports club, this one guy asked me which teachers I didn‘t like and I said the name of one. He immediatly said: “Oh, do you mean the one with big boobs?“ I was really weirded out that that was the first thing he thought of and I couldn‘t remeber at all how big they were.

• Like 6

When there’s a magazine that has shirtless guys with pets and baby chickens and the girl/boy who’s reading it shows you a picture while asking you “oh my god he’s so cute right ?” And you look at the pet around the guy and smile “I think this fluffy white cat is cuter” and she/he sighs and goes back to reading it.

• Like 5

hmmm... does this count? conversing w/ a classmate who only knew chinese. she was asking me why i wouldnt continue watching this drama she was obsessing over. b/c there was romance in it. no clue how to say the word romance so i opted for saying love. apparently you gotta add another character to it or most ppl will take it that youre saying sex. didnt know b/c my fam never batted an eye when i said it. after a dif person explained, it took a while but it hit me that i did the same thing a few weeks b4 when the first girl asked me what this other person was reading. i said smth about love. she made this hilarious face. 

Fantastic Name

Boys my age will do this thing where, just to be funny, they'll moan loudly to imitate a woman having an orgasm. Every time they do it, I always think that they're moaning in pain or aggravation or whatever... at least, until everyone else nearby starts giggling and smirking.

Cue me being frustrated for not noticing this the millionth time it happened.

• Like 3

I know 7th graders who are not virgins... They spend all their time bragging about their... umm... achievements..? as I just sit there next to them like Yeah, you're weird.  

• Like 4
Fantastic Name
3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I know 7th graders who are not virgins... They spend all their time bragging about their... umm... achievements..? as I just sit there next to them like Yeah, you're weird.  

In fifth grade, I dealt with kids bragging on the bus about penis sizes and losing their virginities. I'm sure they were lying just to be edgy or whatever, but a part of me is slightly suspicious. There's this guy at my school who had unprotected sex way back in fourth grade. Let's just say it did not end pretty for him, and because of what happened, everyone knows he did it.

• Like 3
nerdperson777
11 hours ago, SallyBlackwater said:

Maybe this is the (huge, I guess) bit of aromanticism I have in my heart, but as Japanese homework I have to write about my ideal wedding, and I've just realized that apart from wanting it to be Harry Potter themed I have no clue. I even don't have any idea of the dress I'd like to wear, even though I know many girls who have fantasized about it since they were children. I guess I'll never get married xDDD

I had a similar assignment for Chinese that I mentioned a few times already.  The term topic was marriage and traditions and for participation, we had to answer what qualities we want in a partner.  So people would say that the person was smart, had a good job, handsome/beautiful, etc.  When it came to me, I said that I didn't see anyone like that.  The TA pat my head and said that she would come back to me.  I realized that I needed to answer the question to get participation points so I said a best a friend.  That shows my queerplatonic tendencies real well.  Then for my final I had to write it all down.

Also, I was watching Victoria this weekend, a historical drama about Queen Victoria.  In this episode, she and Prince Albert were visiting France to talk to the current French king about her disapproval of his son marrying a Spanish queen.  Albert did not really like France because the girls' faces were painted (like powdering to make the complexion appear lighter) and they were shamelessly lustful.  While Victoria and Albert were out walking in some area with trees, they went separate ways, Victoria with other ladies, and Albert with other gentlemen.  Albert saw a waterfall lake and decided to go skinny dipping.  The guys with him asked if he was sure, and ended up joining them.  They looked like they were having fun, but I wondered what gossip would happen if citizens knew of a prince out naked.  Victoria was passing by when she and the other girls heard fun screaming.  She took some time to recognize that one of the "peasants" in the water was her husband.  When they were back at their place of residence, she "scolded" him for doing things uncharacteristic of the husband of the Queen of England.  I say scolded in quotations because after a short argument she says that she's so proud of him.  I thought, "wait, what?  I thought you were yelling at him."  Then they had sex, assumed by the heated kissing shown and then giggling sounds outside the room heard by the Queen's wardrobe helper, who smiled after hearing them.  Then at the end of the episode, she had him feel her belly to indicate that she was pregnant again.  I was thinking, "whoa there.  That's the third one already.  It's only been two episodes of this second season.  The first baby was the first season finale.  You already gave birth to a second baby in the first episode.  I know you eventually have like 8 kids, but are we seeing a new baby every episode?"  That's a lot of sex.

• Like 2

Just wanted to share this incredible moments happened a few mins ago!

I was listening to this song and happen to have a look at the lyrics and it really ruins the beauty of this music!!! (for replused aro-ace I mean)

Well, the melody is still amazing, so as artworks and I'm still a fan of MrSuicideSheep mix but...WHY?

17 hours ago, Gorogor said:

Today after Training in my sports club, this one guy asked me which teachers I didn‘t like and I said the name of one. He immediatly said: “Oh, do you mean the one with big boobs?“ I was really weirded out that that was the first thing he thought of and I couldn‘t remeber at all how big they were.

My Grade 6 teacher had large breasts, so you can well imagine what the topic among a bunch of 11 year olds (myself included) would be.

• Like 2
knittinghistorian
17 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was thinking, "whoa there.  That's the third one already.  It's only been two episodes of this second season.  The first baby was the first season finale.  You already gave birth to a second baby in the first episode.  I know you eventually have like 8 kids, but are we seeing a new baby every episode?"  That's a lot of sex.

Well, they did have lots of children.  Enough so pretty soon nearly every royal family in Europe was related by marriage to Victoria, and apparently all those marriages spread hemophilia to all those royal families too (with major consequences for the Romanovs).  Also, Queen Victoria famously began to be given chloroform in childbirth, thus making childbirth anesthesia far more acceptable.  It was administered to her by Dr. John Snow, who also figured out that cholera was water-borne.

Thus spake the asexual medical historian.  :)

• Like 8