Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

21 hours ago, HobbyHorse said:

Growing up, my parents would always fast-forward the VHS through any intimate on-screen moments  - It was their way of making the movie more PG (family-friendly) for us.  If I'm by myself, I still do that...

I always do this, or if I'm on a computer I just jump forward 

• Like 1
Cat-a-tat-tat

When reading, I'm more focused on the dialogue than any intimate moments. The only time I actually read through instead of skipping over is if the two characters are bantering and even then it has to be witty.

• Like 2
On 1/22/2018 at 4:05 AM, HobbyHorse said:

Years later, I finally realized why he thought I was going to the washroom.

Ok I’m curious why?

knittinghistorian
3 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

I always do this, or if I'm on a computer I just jump forward 

Me too! Lol

• Like 2
On 1/22/2018 at 2:05 AM, HobbyHorse said:

I was watching a movie with one of my guy friends, and this long, awkward makeout montage came on the screen.  I'd been waiting to use the washroom for a while cause I didn't want to ask him to pause the movie for me.

I said, "Well, this seems like a good time to go to the washroom,"  Nothing really exciting happening onscreen, I thought.  I remember he gave me this weird startled look.  I got up and went to the washroom, thinking his reaction was a little odd.

Years later, I finally realized why he thought I was going to the washroom.

To dispose of bodily trash I assume.

• Like 1

Well, till quite recently, I've been thinking that all humans are either Demi or Ace ( it was before I came to know all those terms) 

So when I learnt sexual people's opinions I was quite shocked and ... they are majority in this world!?

Took sometime to recover from this fact (not fully recovered)

• Like 1
On 27.12.2017 at 8:20 PM, E is for E said:

Working on a rooftop one day, co worker looks down the street, sees a supposedly pretty woman, asked what I thought about that. I shrugged and went back to work.

Correct answer would have been "Congratulations on your marvellous eyesight." :D

WoodwindWhistler
On 1/15/2018 at 3:43 AM, nerdperson777 said:

Meanwhile, I had an aromantic affair with math...

While Vihart has a passionate life-long love of it

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vihart

• Like 4
nerdperson777
5 hours ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

While Vihart has a passionate life-long love of it

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vihart

My affair was that I was at university and I kept spending time with my math class than my major.  I wasn't doing well with my major so I finally "divorced" with it and "married" math instead.  And that's how I got a math degree.  The End

• Like 3
Forest Spirit
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

My affair was that I was at university and I kept spending time with my math class than my major.  I wasn't doing well with my major so I finally "divorced" with it and "married" math instead.  And that's how I got a math degree.  The End

Best love story ever :P Me and math finally broke up yesterday after passing my last "pure-math"-exam of my studies, now it's only gonna be "math used in physics" ^whup^

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Quasar.w said:

Best love story ever :P Me and math finally broke up yesterday after passing my last "pure-math"-exam of my studies, now it's only gonna be "math used in physics" ^whup^

That sounds more like a polyamorous relationship though, you're just adding physics to the equation.

• Like 7
Forest Spirit
32 minutes ago, Dodoa said:

That sounds more like a polyamorous relationship though, you're just adding physics to the equation.

This made me laugh more than I thought :D because it describes my relationship with math waaaaay too good :P

• Like 3
nerdperson777
11 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

Or is math the third wheel?

• Like 3

Recently have seen this poster saying 'Order online, deliver to bed' kind of thing.

The first thing I thought was 'luxury breakfast delivery for lazy people', but then wait, it must be 'for those who sick and in need of help for meals'

Later, shocked to know that it was an advertisement of sexual health clinic...meh

• Like 7
candycoveredalmonds

The articles :"How to get a boyfriend"

Me: why they can pretend a retard to get a man? They want to have vanity man? 

The news: "It's Valentine's Day! Many women come to buy expensive chocolate. "

Me: Japanese Valentine's Day is ...

The relatives: Don't you have a boyfriend YET? Why? 

Me: I can't believe your head is full of blooming flowers. You should know you make your wife stressful and depression. Ah you mean even though a disgusting man can have a wife, i should have boyfriend easily. Thanks! 

Friends : Why don't you make boyfriend? Your ideal is too high! 

Me: I don't have interest on those things. Why you and people can have such passion for those things? What is the motivation? 

Result

People have sexual desire. And it is the one of spontaneous motivation to find boyfriend/girlfriend...

Seriously, i've never thought people especially women have such desire.

I'd thought people have interest on sexual things or romance just for fashion! 

It was  Copernican Revolution for me. 

• Like 3
WoodwindWhistler
19 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

I literally wrote a poem about my relationship to biology (well, scholarship in general, but especially bio)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nUf9pcFsziIHqkhegk3ijGzmdO3mOnOiGcK9lh2GxI4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2

I tended to always think I romantically liked someone whenever I was away from them, and at one point I was sharing a bed in an empty house with this one guy I thought I liked when I was 18 or so. I had no idea he liked me (lol I guess I didn't connect the dots considering we were sharing a BED), and suddenly as I was falling asleep he said "To be honest, I thought we were gonna hook up tonight."

At first, I got a mental rush of "oh my gosh he LIKES ME??" excitement which was immediately followed by "oh god, but I think hooking up means..."

And as I realized this, I immediately burst out laughing. Hysterically. And I never replied to his comment and just fell asleep! Poor guy, he even texted me the next day saying he hoped he hadn't led me on. Dude, you were the one that asked if we were gonna hook up and I laughed at how ridiculous that was! 😂😅

Another time was when I was 19. I was at a college party for the performing arts school i was in at the time, and was about to leave as everyone there was from the school and a little boring. On my way out I ran into a guy that wasn't from the school, and chatted with him and asked for his number because I could recognize that he was aesthetically attractive (I didn't know I was asexual at the time and figured I might as well get a "hot" guys number)! Anyways the next day he took me to a baseball game, out for lunch, and like very obviously mentioned that he was tested for STDs and wass good and many other big hints. I didn't pick up on it (strike one), and invited him back to my place. My roommates asked if we wanted to go out partying with them, and I said we'd rather stay back alone and watch a movie (strike two on the obliviously stupid meter). Next I went to set up a futon for him downstairs but it was broken, so I casually was like "eh, you might as well COME INTO MY BED I GUESS" (GODDDD the cringe!) and he came into bed. A stranger, at that! And like, y'know, one thing led to another and I was like "whoa, this hot guy likes me like that?! Cool!!! ...wait, oddly I'm not really into the idea of sleeping with him. Whoops, I'd better call this off!".

Oddly enough, two years later, he's one of my closest friends! 😂😂 People are absolutely mortified when we tell them how we met... 

Anyways yeah, these are my most embarassing/oblivious asexual moments!

• Like 15
Spades&Hearts
On 12/4/2008 at 4:55 PM, spinelli said:

I define myself being a freak. Or at least, I thought I was one...because I've never really liked going to watch romantic movies with friends, even worse with my family. I always felt jeaulous for my friends being capable of discussing sexual/romantic/situations with their parents or family and friends during movies, or at least, not feeling awkward all over and just enjoy the full movie.

I've never managed that. So I always try for comedy movies or action or adventure so I don't have to deal with this awkwardness. I'm getting better though, with time.

I guess.

Ok fine, I'm still the same about this. But at least I've finally discovered why I act like this, which somehow helps me to deal with it naturally ^^

@spinelli I totally agree with you!!!! I know who I am (for the most part anyway), but I still kinda get that jealous and awkward feeling when watching romantic movies/TV shows with my friends. My family is pretty chill about everything so that's not too weird or awkward. But, yea, I totally get where you're coming from. Knowing who I am helps somewhat, but I still get jealous somewhat so I don't know haha. 

awkward_pterodactyl

I always wonder if I'm asexual because it's not really a feeling, it's a lack of feeling.

Then I watch whatever TV show and the protagonist starts making out with some random person and as I cringe I think.. yes. Yes, I am asexual.

Then I go eat some cake.

• Like 18
knittinghistorian
On 1/24/2018 at 8:27 PM, nerdperson777 said:

My major, English, and I kept having fights. I ended up leaving English for his cousin, History. History and I now have two beautiful children named PhD and Professorship.

• Like 14
knittinghistorian
On 1/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, Falcon7 said:

Recently have seen this poster saying 'Order online, deliver to bed' kind of thing.

The first thing I thought was 'luxury breakfast delivery for lazy people', but then wait, it must be 'for those who sick and in need of help for meals'

Later, shocked to know that it was an advertisement of sexual health clinic...meh

Your versions are both better...

• Like 7

One I can remember and that still makes me friends and I laugh is when I was around 19, I was hanging out with my group of friend in a bar, and at that time there was a new guy (friend of my friends) in the group and he liked me. I was kinda aware from it but not always and anyway, I had a pair of new shoes with a kind of velvety feel to them and we were sitting in the club, talking and having a nice time and the guy started to make/do footie/footsy (I don't know how to say it in english, sorry) on my new shoes!! 

So I genuily protested out loud before even thinking it was a planned "intimate"(ish) gesture. Something from the order of "Ohh your foot is on mine! You're gonna damage my shoes!". I swear I was not that naive (even then) and if I had taken a few seconds I would have understand why but I just went with my first instinct of "why are you touching me" ahah

and it stuck with my friends. But at least that way I avoided the awkward talk of telling him not to do it, that's just weird.

also, funny enough, with the same guy (who still would have wanted to have sth with me at that time), I ended up with him and one of my (female) friend, who happened to have a crush on him (rahh drama, another reason to stay out) at his place and happily drunk (don't judge). We kinda made out (both of us with him), just a few kisses for me and then it started escalating so I just said "no, thanks" and ending up going to wait in the bathroom while they had sex ahah this was a small studio and my friend was loud but that's the closest I ever was to it and I'm still glad to this day I went to wait it out in the bathroom ;) 

• Like 4

Thanks @knittinghistorian, ace world is far better, this world is way too sexualised! And you have such a remarkable & 'historic' family :)

• Like 3
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, knittinghistorian said:

My major, English, and I kept having fights. I ended up leaving English for his cousin, History. History and I now have two beautiful children named PhD and Professorship.

I love all our ace families.  I don't think math and I are having any kids though.  Maybe one day I'll take Statistics.

• Like 7

One day my friend and I saw a shirtless guy walking a fluffy dog on a hot day.

Her: "He looks hot!"

Me: "yeah poor dog must be burning up with all that fur"

"No, the human"

• Like 28

My girlfriend is coming over to my house tomorrow to play Monopoly with me. We're competitively enthused about it, and one of her friends said that my girlfriend and I are nerds.

My response: "Yeah, we are!"

• Like 4