Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

2 hours ago, will123 said:

TMI warning

I don't understand this joke, how this is related to tmi stuff or why Chinese was even mentioned.

49 minutes ago, Scylactic said:

I don't understand this joke, how this is related to tmi stuff or why Chinese was even mentioned.

Spoiler

It's in reference to 69 sex act where the persons are servicing each other orally at the same time. 

This was in 1979 involving teenagers, so boundaries, pretty much didn't exist. I marked it TMI for the phrasing of the joke and the fact that sex act was being discussed.

I told my parents I was gonna have a little something something that night (referring to eating a Costco chocolate muffin) and then immediately informed me that “something something” usually means sex. I almost lost it.

• Like 2
BloodyButterfly
On 4/25/2021 at 1:13 AM, Sarartic said:

finding a woderful song with a great beat, until the lyrics turn into something sexual. You having to turn it off because you're finding it uncomfortable (*cough* *cough* shape of you *cough* *cough*) #Asexual problems #I just want to listen to music, not be reminded of this bull #RIP ear buds

Oooh man. Yeah, I am sex positive but even so, songs with overtly sexual lyrics do not work for me. I know probably a huge percentage of songs are actually about sex, but as long as they are poetic about it, fine.  Bruno Mars' Gorilla is my personal cringe fest.

• Like 2
MoonSedai

TW/CW- Sexual activity 
This is just some crazy stuff that popped in my head this afternoon. 

Early on in my relationship with my husband, he was constantly 'in the mood.' I suppose his sex drive was like that of any normal, healthy young 20 something man. 
My demisexuality hadn't clicked in my head yet, and I hadn't figured out that i could tell him "not right now, I'm not in the mood," so we were quite 'active.'

We were still kind of forming that emotional bond, if you understand me. 

I thought "Damn, I can't wait til we get past this phase of our relationship and we even out to where we just hang out all the time and sometimes cuddle watching movies." 

I don't miss that part of the early days.

• Like 2
AbbySaysHi
On 4/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Lee C said:

You know the bisexual anthem? 

"you can not date both pick a side pick a side do you like f***ing girls or do you like f***ing guys?"

yeah, i thought they used "f***ing" as an adjective not a verb until recently and i was like "hUh"

Well I was today years old reading this when I figured it out. I thought it was like ooh look how trendy we are we used the f word 

• Like 1

Yesterday, while watching a movie with my mom that had a very short, not-actually-shown-but-heavily-implied sex scene that started with lots of kissing:

Me, in a half-joking voice as they were kissing: Eeeeeew! Let me know when they're done.

Mom: ....She just took off her dress.

Me: ...Oh. So they're going to be a while, huh? *Buries face in sketchbook*

• Like 6

Always amazed by people who wear short shorts... it's like they don't hate the idea of others looking at sexualized areas of their bodies...

• Like 2
Cowgirl_Kat
On 4/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Lee C said:

You know the bisexual anthem? 

"you can not date both pick a side pick a side do you like f***ing girls or do you like f***ing guys?"

yeah, i thought they used "f***ing" as an adjective not a verb until recently and i was like "hUh"

I saw an asexual TikTok compilation on YouTube with a spin on this that ends. "I choose neither. I rest my case." 😂

• Like 2

TW: description of sex scene (though tame, imo!) in the movie Amelie.

Finding out about asexuality in my 30s I look back on a lot of memories through a new lens. The most realistic sex scene I've ever seen was in the 2001 French romantic comedy, Amelie. The protagonist does it with her boyfriend, but he's on top doing his thing and she's laying there and looks like something else is on her mind, she's not into it at all. It really stuck out to me because it felt like my own experience and I was happy to have at least one example on film that represented something other than what you usually see in sex scenes. Looking back I'm like, no duh that scene stuck out to me, I'm ace!

Friends in High school and beyond liked to tease me calling me "innocent." Even my now-husband! I'm in my 30s and befriended someone in his 40s. He also joked about my "innocence."  I'm not innocent, just ace. 

❤️

• Like 5
MoonSedai

We play RPGs every Friday and Saturday. One person in the Friday group suggested we play Cards Against Humanity sometimes. 

My husband has a distaste of the game because, in his words "Talking about 'big black d*cks or the other stuff in that game is fun only the first or second time, and it comes off as intentionally racist/sexist/demeaning." 

Meanwhile, I think... "Actually, it kind of makes me uncomfortable because of the sexual content, thanks, babe. You get me." Thus, he got the group to turn away from the game without me 'being the killjoy.' 

Fellow Humanoids, I think I have found the perfect hetero life-mate.  

• Like 6
chalkozyn

Today I learned that "Netflix and chill" doesn't mean just chilling. I actually used it sometimes. Meaning eating cookies under a blanket while watching. I hope no one got any weird ideas.

• Like 4

Maybe more of an aro thing, but I was remembering this gameboy advanced game I used to play where I was a female veterinarian working with animals day after day. Apparently everyone else in the game was a boy and it was a romance?!

• Like 2
Thujaplicata

I was talking to a college friend on Friday. A few years ago she did an internship through our college the year after I'd done it and I told her about some of the people there before she went.  Well, when we were catching up the other day we got to talking about my recent thoughts on being ace, etc, and she mentioned how she'd been shocked when she got to the place of the internship and met one of the guys I'd told her about because "why didn't you warn me he's gorgeous?" I...didn't notice. I only really notice aesthetic attractiveness in women. If you asked me if he was attractive I would've given it some serious consideration and answered "I think so???" I don't usually manage more than "pleasant looking, I suppose" when it comes to men. 

I was thinking about that more yesterday and realized that aside from not noticing the apparent hotness, it also never occurred to me that anyone would want to be warned ahead of time about that. I've read and heard enough that I sort of understand that attractive people can be distracting but it doesn't seem real to me. Like, if it's a situation where you have other stuff to do you just ignore that, right? I guess it's harder than that. There's all those tropes of people blushing and being unable to converse normally around people they like/find attractive... I sort of had that once - the inability to carry on a conversation - but it was because I wasn't use to talking to boys outside of class and my sister and mom kept insisting he likeme and I was so freaked out by the possibility that I couldn't think straight or carry on a conversation. He gave up trying to talk to me outside of class.

Some boy liking me was my worst fear in high school. Cause then I'd have to deal with it. (Tell him to go away.) There's still a small anxious part of my mind that throws an absolute fit if I'm with a guy in what someone else might interpret as a romantic situation. It's really irritating.

Amusingly, the closest I've gotten to distracted by someone's appearance recently at least was sitting in class, incredibly bored with nothing to do, and being fascinated by the fluffiness of my partner teacher's hair. It's just such a floof! Shifts nicely as she moves her head and is just, such a puff. I want to poke it. 

Also, my friend mentioned that apparently when we went to Spain together I got whistled at and I promise you, I remember/noticed none of it

• Like 9

The song S3x By the Fire was playing in my head on rerun even though I HATE it because I don't want to be reminded of allo-normativity, so I changed the s3x part to "snacks" so I would hear "snacks by the fire" eating churros and chips instead. At least it worked 🙃 .

• Like 4
Red Sun Rises

Several Incredibly Ace Moments recently in my life...

1) Went on a date with someone recently and at the end of the date they said "My place is 5 minutes away, want to head over?" and me being immediately like "Oh thanks, I would love to play videogames but I have people coming over to my house.  Maybe next time!"  And then a few days later I realized what they were ACTUALLY inviting me over to their house for... 🤮

2) Realized that the few dates I'd been on was because I want a close friend and not an actual relationship.  Then a few weeks after that I realized that the reason all of the dates had ghosted me was because I didn't give them what they actually wanted... Which was different than what I wanted...

3) Watching The Good Wife (solely for the inimitable Christine Baranski, the love of my lithro-ace life) and going "OH MY GOD NO STOP KISSING WHY ARE YOU KISSING I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR THIS STOP GET OUT OF THAT BED THIS INSTANT WHY IS THIS NECESSARY SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!"

lol really every moment is an Incredibly Ace Moment, lordy

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, dhjunglejape said:

Someone had to explain to me what WAP was on Youtube.

Why did I look it up?

• Like 2
On 4/26/2021 at 5:15 AM, WhoReallyCares said:

spacer.pngI'm an aro/ace and I believe this fortune I got 2 days ago was filled with nothing but irony! When I saw it, I laughed out loud.

I would have taken this as a threat😭

On 5/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, Karst said:

Always amazed by people who wear short shorts... it's like they don't hate the idea of others looking at sexualized areas of their bodies...

I can give an answer to this one. It's hot here, I like the way they look, and I just don't give a damn. People will sexualize me anyways, and I find the frequency of that happening doesn't change based on what I wear, so I'll just wear whatever I want.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:17 AM, JaclynA said:

Friends in High school and beyond liked to tease me calling me "innocent." Even my now-husband! I'm in my 30s and befriended someone in his 40s. He also joked about my "innocence."  I'm not innocent, just ace. 

❤️

I felt that❤️

23 hours ago, Auggie123 said:

Maybe more of an aro thing, but I was remembering this gameboy advanced game I used to play where I was a female veterinarian working with animals day after day. Apparently everyone else in the game was a boy and it was a romance?!

I am cracking up at this🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 4/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, GuildedGoblin said:

So any time I played any video game that allowed you to put numbers on your shirt( eg. Soccer games) I would always chose 69 b cause i thought it represented the twin star group however I have recently discovered that it is a sex number

29 minutes ago, dhjunglejape said:

Someone had to explain to me what WAP was on Youtube.

6 minutes ago, will123 said:

Why did I look it up?

Please guys it's too early in the morning for me to be laughing like this🤣🤣🤣 I'm currently in stitches!!!

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Cee Fox said:
On 5/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, Karst said:

I can give an answer to this one. It's hot here, I like the way they look, and I just don't give a damn. People will sexualize me anyways, and I find the frequency of that happening doesn't change based on what I wear, so I'll just wear whatever I want.

I feel that, on both accounts. I felt super distubed at the thought of people sexualizing me for what I wear and was super careful about my clothes(even bough a binder to feel more comfortable) but you realize that if they want to they will always find something, I still don't wear things that show too much skin when I know people outside my family are going to see me but I stoped stifling myself in so many layers out of fear. What I want to say is, dress up for yourself, if that means wearing no shorts because you don't like then it's totally fine but it's not right to feel like you can't wear something because how they are going to see it.

• Like 2

When I was about 10 I got a waterbed, which I had all through my teens until I moved out. Apparently, that is a sex thing, and I'm still not sure quite how a waterbed makes sex better.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

When I was about 10 I got a waterbed, which I had all through my teens until I moved out. Apparently, that is a sex thing, and I'm still not sure quite how a waterbed makes sex better.

Wait what? I always thought of it as a legit piece of furniture  that maybe helps with back problems. Well tbh I don't want to think much about the how or why of it but I don't see it either.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Adon shun said:
28 minutes ago, Cee Fox said:
On 5/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, Karst said:

I feel that, on both accounts. I felt super distubed at the thought of people sexualizing me for what I wear and was super careful about my clothes(even bough a binder to feel more comfortable) but you realize that if they want to they will always find something, I still don't wear things that show too much skin when I know people outside my family are going to see me but I stoped stifling myself in so many layers out of fear. What I want to say is, dress up for yourself, if that means wearing no shorts because you don't like then it's totally fine but it's not right to feel like you can't wear something because how they are going to see it.

To be fair, I guess there are people who wear short/skimpy clothes to be noticed and/or found sexually attractive. It wasn't personally anything I considered until I made a more conservative friend who told me the way I dress would be considered scandalous where she's from😂. I think another part of people's fear is being perceived as promiscuous or attention-seeking. I just come from a place where apparently everyone is 'provocative' so I never grew up with those perceptions about dressing a certain way and I always thought I was fairly modest lol. It's also due to the household I grew up in, they let me wear whatever I wanted.

I guess it comes down to not caring what other people think of you. I'm not usually a very confident person but the way I dress has never been an aspect of me where I cared about anyone else's opinions, never mind a stranger who either sees me as a piece of meat or an attention-seeker. I don't stare at people who bundle up, I don't expect to be  stared at for wearing a tank top and shorts. They're just clothes.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Adon shun said:
18 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Wait what? I always thought of it as a legit piece of furniture  that maybe helps with back problems. Well tbh I don't want to think much about the how or why of it but I don't see it either.

Aaand I'm laughing again🤣🤣 Why is that a thing? Wouldn't it make it harder? I just thought it was a cool bed. Oh my word I'm cackling!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Cee Fox said:

Aaand I'm laughing again🤣🤣 Why is that a thing? Wouldn't it make it harder? I just thought it was a cool bed. Oh my word I'm cackling!

Yea, I have no idea! I don't know... the... leverage seems like it would be harder?

It was a comfy bed that let me sink in and could be heated in the winter, that's all I know.

• Like 3

So I googled it😅, it seems that despite it originally being for sleep it eventually became a sex thing more that anything. The logic('cause there is no experience to speak of) seems sound of why some people could enjoy it but for others it wasn't viable.

https://www.sleepadvisor.org/waterbed-sex/

Edited by Adon shun
The link I used
  • Like 2

I'm still confused and curious now. Any people with more experience who can explain?