Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

6 hours ago, MCLoves said:

I hate shirtless guys. Can’t stand them at all, be it in real life or in movies, games, etc. Drives me crazy.

I dislike them in games or if they’re in combat in any media because it’s literally the worst idea ever. Yes, expose the most vulnerable and vital part of your body, that’ll surely work out well 🤦🏻‍♂️. Don’t mind the fact that a single well-placed arrow/gunshot/etc. will probably destroy a vital organ and kill you.

• Like 2

Historically, though, there were cases of men going bare-chested for battle/fighting. But not usually a smart move, especially the more technologically advanced war became.

• Like 5

Well, maybe. But if we move from games here for a minute to just fighting in real life in general, clothes do have advantages.

yes, it’s true someone can grab your shirt, but at least in Krav Maga they have measures to deal with that. Plus clothing would be useful for ground work. Ground work hurts like a you know what, I can’t imagine the excruciating pain one would feel doing ground work on something like asphalt and while shirtless.

Setting that aside though, it’s also so gross. Have you ever noticed how grimy your hands feel after work, or going out? Germs are everywhere imagine all the stuff on your hands on your body as well. Ugh. 

If it were socially acceptable and not ugly I’d recommend everyone walk around in hazmat suits. You’ll thank me later haha

Cake to anyone who gets that reference

2 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

You’ll thank me later

Monk?

The regular cloth most shirts are made of isn't going to offer a lot of protection in fighting or from things like "road rash", not even thicker cloth like good denim in some jeans. (speaking from experience, although it was not fighting but rather a road accident)

• Like 1

So the health department sent over a bunch of condom samples for our OTC class, including some finger condom thingies.

I've used them before, they're really nice if you have a cut on your finger in the kitchen and bandaids don't stay on when you need to wash your hands every 5 minutes. Also they're great for if you need to count a lot of money. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Arodash said:

The office. Dwight. Lol HAZMAT suits are fun but they get HOT spending just 10 minutes in one and you are soaked in sweat. When I took HAZMAT tech I had to do my end test practicles in a level A suit. Hated it

Monk haha, but I did see some episodes of the office and that was funny, especially the vending machine prank. That is awesome though that you took HAZMAT tech. Huh, I didn’t think the suits would be hot. But I guess that was a dumb assumption

on my part,  I usually assume white clothing = cool, without thinking about it’s material or layers.

@daveb

Ayyye! Cake for you!!

8 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

If it were socially acceptable and not ugly I’d recommend everyone walk around in hazmat suits. You’ll thank me later haha

But that would actually lead to the new generations become super allergic to everything ;) even today people are way more allergic than the older generations who's families tend to have farm animals at home and they played in dirty environment as kids.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, i.r3beka said:

Ayyye! Cake for you!!

I'll thank you for it later. ;) 

(what a great show it was! I remember the episode where he got to chill out in a clean room in a white clean suit at the end.)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

58 minutes ago, naakka said:

But that would actually lead to the new generations become super allergic to everything ;) even today people are way more allergic than the older generations who's families tend to have farm animals at home and they played in dirty environment as kids.

This just reminds me of the Quarians in Mass Effect

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Arodash said:

. And tampons are GREAT for gunshot wounds. Hence why I keep some on my jump bag

Not a sentence I was expecting to read :P

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I would like to take some time everyone and spin you a tail, a tail of my own kitten. My kitten is a small all black little queen with a very regal name, for I named her and her 2 sisters I gave all of them such regal names due to their obvious royalty.  Anyway! My kitten and all her sweetness once saved my life when she was only 13 weeks old, well thats what we tell her. For you see, I the great and powerful Arodash suffer from a deviated septum and so, snore a little, well one day after a very long shift I came home and felt it appropriate to take a nap, yes even I take naps, I know so hard to believe.

Well, apparently my princess heard me snoring and promptly freaked out, what is this sound? What is pappa doing? She thought to herself, is pappa dieing? So! She sprung into action! Quite literally if I might add she leapt onto the bed and out of pure desperation began to leap upon my chest, over and over again until I awoke! Thats right everyone my princess performed kitty cat CPR.

And so that is the tail of how my sweet little kitty "saved" my life. If anyone tries to tell my kitten otherwise they will feel my wrath

I hope she got a little extra Meow Mix that next morning.

• Like 4

I feel the need to confess something: When I was in middle school, I used to be opposed to same-sex marriage. Not for any of the traditional, conservative, religious reasons- no! I was against same-sex marriage because, in my view, marriage seemed like a stupid concept, and I didn't want to be seen as condoning even more marriage when I didn't even think that straight couples should get married. So in that sense, I've always been a proponent of marriage equality! (...As in a world where nobody gets married because it just seems silly.)

(I don't think that anymore, because I've since learned that marriage has a lot of legal benefits attached to it, and I think that everyone should have access to those benefits if they so choose. But I do still think that marriage is kind of a weird tradition.)

• Like 4

The other day I realized that I'm not ace for not wanting to date out of fear and anxiety. I didn't want to date as I had absolutely no interest in it. The pressure around me just turned that complete lack of interest into distress due to the contradiction between my experience and the expectations. And I just named that distress "fear and anxiety" because of I had no idea where the unpleasant feeling came from. I just took the most often offered explanation at face value and never even thought about it. That was probably the single most ace moment I've had.

• Like 4

OK, this story gets crazy. I was in middle school and we had to take a health class, as one does, and 4 weeks of that was sex ed with a guest speaker teaching that portion of the class. One of the assignments we had is that we were each given a little coloured card with a saying on it concerning sexual education. They were things like: "It's OK to talk about sex" "it's OK to postpone sex" "Sex can be fun when safe", etc...they were random as far as I could tell and our assignment with them was to simply keep a hold of them and return them to our guest instructor on her final day of teaching. Not wanting to lose the card between all the stuff I carried: 6 textbooks, 2 workbooks and 4 folders I decided to tape the card to my bedroom mirror at home with the date I would have to return it written on it. I passed the mirror to go out of my bedroom each morning so I figured that would be a good place to put it until the 4 weeks were over.

Somewhere in all of this my father came into the room at some point and decided that this card was proof that I was going out and having orgies with my sex ed classmates.

A few days after he yelled about this and didn't believe my explanation of it being an assignment for sex ed, which I was required in the county to take at that point, he apparently went into my room again at some point and met me at the front door when I came home that day from school demanding to know where I was hiding the alcohol in my room because he couldn't find it in my closet.

Later on I figured out that the "alcohol" he had been smelling was the eucalyptus face cream I had been using that he had knocked behind my dresser and had inevitably spilled out onto the floor.

• Like 11

I dislike marriage cause divorce pretty much screwed up my family. My parents are divorced along with many many relatives and nobody is happy about it. All the legal entanglements may be somewhat necessary but it really exacerbates the resentment between many divorced people. And I hate how it allows religious influence to creep into government. It began as a religious covenant and some people still think religion should govern every aspect of it, even though it should largely be a secular concept now. Also, since I’m petty, they’re annoying to sit through 😅

• Like 2
nerdperson777
On 10/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, Poe's Creep Meta said:

The only poster I have on my bedroom walls is the periodic table of the elements. Putting a person on my walls would be rather stressing. 

Yeah, my rationale is "I don't need something staring at me while I sleep".

On 10/17/2019 at 5:58 AM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Rather than swapping pictures of intimate body parts, swapping pictures of our pets 

Reminds me of something I shared to a friend. 

https://en.dopl3r.com/memes/dank/when-he-sends-you-dog-pics-instead-of-dick-pics/355617

On 10/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, Arodash said:

Condoms are also great for retaining water. And tampons are GREAT for gunshot wounds. Hence why I keep some on my jump bag

There was someone in the forum who said they turned the condoms into water balloons when the university gave everyone a huge stash.  The next year there were only a few given out.

I joked around with a friend that if there's a (cis) toxic masculine guy bleeding out and he is told that the only thing available to absorb his blood is a pad, he'll just bleed out faster just from the thought.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, Anommamous said:

@nerdperson777 was the handwritten sign referring to the soaked dude? Is that whose shirts they were claiming to hide?

Yeah, I guess I didn't describe the situation well enough.  If the guys don't have shirts, then they can all ogle more.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Arodash said:

There was actually a guy in my class who said he'd rather bleed to death and I couldnt stop laughing, I was like dude, its just a tampon. A device designed to absorb bodily fluid. And an experienced combat vet just told us we they where good tools, who am I gonna listen to, the guy whos so afraid of his "masculinity" being tarnished, or the guy whos been to war. Hmmmmm tough decision........ 

I know a wrestling coach who used them to stop nose bleeds during matches.

• Like 2
Fraggle Underdark

Went on a dinner date with someone I met on OkCupid. She was very nice and we'd been texting about some puppies her dog had just had. At the end of the dinner she was like "do you want to come back to my place and see the puppies?" and I was like "HELL YEAH I DO". And they were only a few days old and it was amazing.

I wasn't making any moves and she asks if I'd like any wine. I say sure, have a glass, we kiss once or twice, it's nice, she asks if I want any more wine, I decline and she drives me home. Only much later do I realize that she was likely looking for more than a kiss.

• Like 7
Fraggle Underdark
8 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I would agree she probably was. But. Puppies, you know? I mean. Puppies. Who doesnt love puppers who are only a few days old

Yes! And seeing puppies that young is not an opportunity that comes around every day!

Part of the reason I thought she was interested in more than a kiss is that she clearly was on the 2nd date. But I was still surprised when I told a female friend about the date and she asked "did you bang?" I thought "really? why would I even be thinking about that so early?"

ETA: not that I would describe anything as banging; that friend enjoyed being a little vulgar

• Like 6

when I first heard the traditional wedding vows, and then heard that marriage was a legal thing, my first thought was 'then isn't it illegal to cheat on your partner?' if in your vows you're saying you're going to love them and be faithful for them forever and all that, and then the marriage is legally binding? and then years later I thought how many people would be in jail if cheating on your husband or wife was illegal. Honestly, I still don't really understand why it's not. My parents got seperated a few years ago, and it has been a mess since then. things are still very complicated, and the whole things has made me very negative about mariage in general since so many of them seem to end in divorce or seperation.

Sorry this post turned out to be a bit of a rant!

• Like 2

I was asked once when I was 16 by cousins who were all much older than me how I envisioned myself married. I simply said I didn't envision anything and said I was ethically opposed to marriage both for my own sake and for any potential partner's sake. To my super-conservative-religious cousins that sounded mildly blasphemous to oppose marriage.

They then mentioned something how would I not 'live in sin' if I never got married, which I only a year later realized meant having premarital sex. Honestly that thought never crossed my mind, I never wanted children so why would I have sex? I was pretty naive about the entire sex-and-marriage connection.

I still oppose the idea of myself getting married both on grounds of ethics and out of caring for a potential partner; if I loved someone so much to marry them I would love them enough to realize they would be better off not semi-permanently stuck with me in a legal contact.

13 minutes ago, Arodash said:

It certainly used to be an illegal act to cheat on your partner and in some states there are still laws around that, the one law that does still exist is you cant remarry if your already married. And the reason why its not illegal to cheat on your wife is because it would be considered the government intruding into your personal life. Even if you have agreed to spend your whole life with someone, the government can not compel you to do that. But! That is why civil court exists, because if you cheat on your partner then they will more than likely win the civil suit

If you're in the military, on the other hand, leadership can and often will have you prosecuted for adultery if you get caught.

29 minutes ago, Anommamous said:

If you're in the military, on the other hand, leadership can and often will have you prosecuted for adultery if you get caught.

Military has a different set of laws than civilians.  In the uniform code of military justice ( i think that is what it is called, the military code of laws) adultery is a crime.

Civilian marriage is more or less a contract.  If that contract Is breached, civil penalties may apply.  It is a civil matter, not a legal one, which is why there is no nèed for a criminal code.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Arodash said:

When you enlist in the US military you surrender your rights as a normal citizen to protect the rights of all citizens, the uniform code is VERY strict.

You can say it again. It's as strict as your leadership wants to make it, since they're in charge of enforcing it. Better stay on their good side lol

• Like 2

I'll never enlist in militaries period.

No matter how "badly" they want me to go fight and serve my nation, i still say "go search elsewhere!" Or "Why fight in the first place or is it to steal oil like a crook?" 

My act of serving the nation is simply volunteering at a farmer's market.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Went on a dinner date with someone I met on OkCupid. She was very nice and we'd been texting about some puppies her dog had just had. At the end of the dinner she was like "do you want to come back to my place and see the puppies?" and I was like "HELL YEAH I DO". And they were only a few days old and it was amazing.

I wasn't making any moves and she asks if I'd like any wine. I say sure, have a glass, we kiss once or twice, it's nice, she asks if I want any more wine, I decline and she drives me home. Only much later do I realize that she was likely looking for more than a kiss.

One of my friends had a girl (we are all still in high school btw) ask if she could go to his house to see his dog and they ended up being there for ~3-4 hours. I’m told that they did everything short of sex.

Fraggle Underdark
4 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

One of my friends had a girl (we are all still in high school btw) ask if she could go to his house to see his dog and they ended up being there for ~3-4 hours. I’m told that they did everything short of sex.

For sexual people they have to be a little clever with the logistics because it's not socially acceptable to say "I want to have sex with you so let's go to your/my house". It's almost unheard of to mention it so it's very common to say something else like the classic "want to come up [to my apartment] for coffee?" It also has the benefit of being technically ambiguous so if they change their mind they can put the brakes on later.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

For sexual people they have to be a little clever with the logistics because it's not socially acceptable to say "I want to have sex with you so let's go to your/my house". It's almost unheard of to mention it so it's very common to say something else like the classic "want to come up [to my apartment] for coffee?" It also has the benefit of being technically ambiguous so if they change their mind they can put the brakes on later.

Weird. The girl was dating a different friend at the time so I’m not sure how they even got to that. I guess that I’m going to need to be more suspicious of being invited to stuff now.

Fraggle Underdark
1 minute ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Weird. The girl was dating a different friend at the time so I’m not sure how they even got to that.

Yeesh, cheating. I guess there must have been chemistry.

I guess that I’m going to need to be more suspicious of being invited to stuff now.

Well it's usually not that bad if you just go for the literal offer, like seeing puppies or having the coffee. Might think you're gay or clueless but it's not the end of the world if you misread the offer.