Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

The incident wasn't incredibly ace, but the wording was. Our bartender was paying for attention to Bake Off than a customer, and I said "The trouble is that you're being hypnotised by cakes" 

• Like 6

I just learned (in a very graphic way) what "scissors" represent in lesbian culture... You know, you could have just said "it's a lesbian sex pose" and that would have been enough to settle my curiosity; you really didn't need to go into detail.

• Like 1

Gazing at a weird ad about ''technology bringing people together'' and not getting what that could be (I thought of a phone, maybe?), then realising it was about condoms and turning back, somewhat disgusted. I didn't even immediately connect the dots with just the guys kissing on the ad. 

I'll stop writing about it now, I don't want to think about it too much. 

When you realized that flowers engage in sexual reproduction more often than you do lol.

• Like 7

Went go-karting last weekend and saw one girl wearing a tube top (I think that's what it was, at least) and another wearing a shirt that only went over 1 shoulder and all I could think of was how they were supposed to put that stuff on or hang it up in the closet.

Those kinds of tops confuse me, tbh

31 minutes ago, Bronztrooper said:

Went go-karting last weekend and saw one girl wearing a tube top (I think that's what it was, at least) and another wearing a shirt that only went over 1 shoulder and all I could think of was how they were supposed to put that stuff on or hang it up in the closet.

Those kinds of tops confuse me, tbh

Asexual moment: when I have to really think for a minute how this story relates to being asexual because they really would be hard to hang in a closet.

I thought about which dresser drawer I would put a folded tube top into if I had one and that a one shoulder top would probably have a hidden tiny loop of ribbon to hang it up with like some dresses have... then thinking I must know this because I'm a girl.... but how would typical male/female differences relate to asexual?.....  .... .... oh, men usually are attracted to how women look in those things 💡.... maybe I've never owned those tops because I don't really care if men find me "attractive"....? 🤔

• Like 3
On 9/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, Arodash said:

Im considering this an Ace moment. Lol

Everyone I drive a Jeep wrangler JK and shes honestly the only girl I need in my life but! She needs a name. I cant decide between

Stella, a latin word for star and its just honestly a beautiful name, and travelers have used the stars to guide them for generations

Or

Curie, after Marie Curie the first scientist to win two nobel prizes and advanced the field of radiological science and shes a personal hero

Any other suggestions are welcome! 

I must summon @Anthracite_Impreza here for this.

I had a moment that might be more of an aro moment.  My group is using, I think, the main theme from The Greatest Showman for a performance.  There's a part where two people are doing a duet.  The girl is joking that she and the guy she's doing the duet with aren't together.  I didn't get it.  It was supposed to be the end of the song.  So I was shown the last minute or so of it.  Then I forgot what I was supposed to be watching out for.  Apparently there's a kiss at the end of the song that I didn't pay attention to.  That shows how little importance I saw in the kiss.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I'll stick to kissing my kitten kisses upon her head. I'd kis her nose IF SHE WOULD LET ME but ohh no thats not allowed. Pappa is being silly then, pappa is annoying the princess.

I like to poke my roommate's cat on the head because she makes a silly meow sound when she doesn't expect the poke.

But scientist names are good.  I took my first name from my favorite comic and my middle name from the middle name of a scientist.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Firefly8 said:

Asexual moment: when I have to really think for a minute how this story relates to being asexual because they really would be hard to hang in a closet.

I thought about which dresser drawer I would put a folded tube top into if I had one and that a one shoulder top would probably have a hidden tiny loop of ribbon to hang it up with like some dresses have... then thinking I must know this because I'm a girl.... but how would typical male/female differences relate to asexual?.....  .... .... oh, men usually are attracted to how women look in those things 💡.... maybe I've never owned those tops because I don't really care if men find me "attractive"....? 🤔

Yeah, I thought about that, but tbh, I'm more concerned about how impractical those tops are- but then, I guess that's not the point.

At least those 2 women weren't just walking around in a bra like another woman was (no, not a sports bra, a regular bra- no, I don't get it either)

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:
On 9/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, Arodash said:

Stella, a latin word for star and its just honestly a beautiful name, and travelers have used the stars to guide them for generations

That one. Don't name a vehicle after a human, machines deserve far better than that.

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
32 minutes ago, Arodash said:

But, Stella is a name used by humans, most Jeeps have human female names

Yeah but it also means star, and stars are worthy. Humans aren't.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

That one. Don't name a vehicle after a human, machines deserve far better than that.

What about people that name their daughters Mercedes or Porsche?

22 minutes ago, will123 said:

For the first one I would assume they are Spanish speaking. The brand is named after Mercédès Jellinek. The last one sounds strange if it is not the family name.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Bloc said:

For the first one I would assume they are Spanish speaking. The brand is named after Mercédès Jellinek. The last one sounds strange if it is not the family name.

No this is in North America and English speaking folks.

Mercedes as a girl's name is used by non-Spanish speakers, too. There is Mercedes Lackey (fantasy author), Mercedes McCambridge and Mercedes Ruehl (actresses), to name a few.

• Like 3
On 9/18/2019 at 2:01 AM, Laplace said:

I always found it amusing that I followed the “positive” moral guidelines of many religions way better than most people who actually adhered to the dogma. I don’t drink alcohol, have promiscuous sex, do drugs, cheat/commit adultery, etc. I didn’t understand how it was so hard to not do that stuff if people actually believed in their religion so fervently. Like it’s not that hard and I don’t even have the punishment of eternal damnation hanging over me to incentivize me. I thought, “Surely believers would be more pious.” Nope, guess not.

The same with me. I wonder if a lot of risky behavior is actually related to sexual motivations. For example my teen peers would go to "drunk parties", in which I just had no interest at all. And getting drunk often resulted in something sexual. I feel like I instinctively avoided all that stuff in order to avoid sexual situations.

• Like 1

Recently songs with expexted sexual tension have somehow irritated me more than usual. I mean, the songs where they sing along the lines "you're the danger, I should run away from you but once again I can't". Like seriously, you're already aware of them not being a good company, so why not taking your own advice and leave? 😆 all sort of "helplessness due to sexual tension" just seems to me like you wanted to get into a trouble lol.

Also, there's currently this one song hammered to your head by constantly being played on the radio where they sing with a poor, powerless voice and the only reason for that must be it sounds sexy for some people. And all I'm hearing is a super poor singing technique (well I hate all this type of songs, but this is just especially irritating since you hear it everywhere) 😓

Edit. Found the song, it's called Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. And judging the music video yup, it seems like it's supposed to sound sexy 🤣

• Like 1
On 9/27/2019 at 6:34 PM, cp1213 said:

When you realized that flowers engage in sexual reproduction more often than you do lol.

The TSA has touched my chest more than anyone else besides myself.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, will123 said:

I heard, but I haven't fact checked it, that Mercedes was the name of the car manufacturer's daughter.  So it was originally the name of a human.  The name was then the name of the car, and then people again named their kids after the car.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:52 AM, Arodash said:

Also as a rebutle to Impreza, a lot  of people name their Jeeps after people, especially someone important to them, as for mine, I like Marie Curie very much but havent decided between stella, Curie or even Lulu (the nickname of my dog Lucy who I grew up with)

I think Marie must be a common name.  It was my birth middle name and then I know two trans women who have taken it for themselves.

• Like 1

I was with a fellow AVENiste on Saturday, and a staff member at pub referred to us a couple. Internally I thought "LOL, A you can't read people" 

• Like 6
CancerIsAStarsign

So being extremely ace and mostly aro, I find it impossible to see romantic relationships without it being spelled out for me. I have these two friends, and I just thought they were friends, but it turns out they're together and I've been sort of awkwardly third-wheeling them...

• Like 2

I was carrying a tray of small fragile objects at work today. One fell off and I caught it in between my breast and elbow. Then I asked a male colleague to grab it so I could put the tray down. Didn't think about it being ever so slightly awkward until afterwards.

• Like 11
not_all_who_wander

Almost everyday I teach, my students end up snickering about something their classmate said and it takes me way too much concentration before I realize they said some kind of inappropriate innuendo. I just don’t have the radar for it.

• Like 5
CancerIsAStarsign

Ooh, part two, I felt the need to overcompensate for my ignorance of innuendos, so I went on an internet searching spree and found a lot of them so I can be prepared, so now I hear them in everything. Especially since 'threesome' just seems to be an ordinary word for a three-person group at my school...

• Like 6
nerdperson777

Yesterday I was teaching a class and the demi-pan student was there.  I said that the only thing I noticed was that her fist was a little forward so she said that she had to make sure her wrist was straight.  I said, "Yes!   I noticed something that wasn't straight!"  She spent the rest of the class looking at the mirror with every move to make sure she didn't bend her wrist too far up or down.

latest?cb=20140126033052

I was rewatching Mean Girls when I noticed the table on the top right corner. It's nice to have some recognition for once lol. 

(It says "Asexual Band Geeks" if you can't see the writing)

• Like 9
1 hour ago, cp1213 said:

latest?cb=20140126033052

I was rewatching Mean Girls when I noticed the table on the top right corner. It's nice to have some recognition for once lol. 

(It says "Asexual Band Geeks" if you can't see the writing)

Well well well.

Finally!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Arodash said:

Does anyone else give their pets a voice?

I give everything a voice with a resplendent personality. My parents said I would be a good puppeteer. Ever since I was little I would operate what was effectively a viewer-decides-the-plot puppet show for my younger siblings, with me manipulating stuffed animals as the characters. It has since evolved, I can and occasionally do give a voice to and a personality to just about anything if it will elicit a laugh.

The hard part is remembering how each one talks and how each one's personality varies.

@Arodash, yup, I'm forever having bilateral conversations with Susie and Sheeba 

My parrot used to curse me and my family out.

• Like 7