Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

On 7/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, Zachary Hurst said:

Yeah, I take this too. And I got 82 Rice Purity Test Score. I am pure or not?

I got 94/100... the test was interesting. "Kissed for more than two hours consecutively? Had sexual intercourse three or more times in one night? Had two or more distinct acts of sexual intercourse with two or more people within 24 hours?"

I had no idea people really do this stuff that excessively. I have a feeling this test alone made me impure 😳 It's good to know tho, this made me even more certain I couldn't deal a relationship even with a moderately sexual allo 😅

• Like 3
On 7/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, Aldis Friedman said:

Now that you mention it, in Japanese hot springs, you bathe naked with other people! Nothing sexual about it though. Some of the activities on the test can be innocent, depending on the context.

I also smiled at that question, for there's so many lakes and private strands here in Finland that many people have probably swam naked on completely non-sexual context while visiting their summer cottages ect 😂

• Like 3
Anonymous Axolotl
On 7/19/2019 at 12:11 PM, Aldis Friedman said:

Now that you mention it, in Japanese hot springs, you bathe naked with other people! Nothing sexual about it though. Some of the activities on the test can be innocent, depending on the context.

I can't believe I didn't think of this one considering I've gone to mixed baths hot springs on multiple occasions during and after puberty. Everyone is naked and no one cares. (It probably also helps that I can't see crap without my glasses and there's no point wearing them in the hot springs since they'd fog up.) I guess it didn't come to mind since when I think of "skinny dipping" I think of swimming, not soaking.

• Like 2

I was on a backpacking trip last weekend. One of the women told the story of two of her coworkers who were sleeping together despite both being married to others, and the awkwardness of knowing about it. Apparently the woman involved said “he came over with a whole bunch of toys, how could I say no?” 

To which perplexed me said “I don’t get it. Did she have a kid? Were the toys for her kid?” 

“Ah, no. Sex toys.” 

“All righty then!” 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mrs said:

I was on a backpacking trip last weekend. One of the women told the story of two of her coworkers who were sleeping together despite both being married to others, and the awkwardness of knowing about it. Apparently the woman involved said “he came over with a whole bunch of toys, how could I say no?” 

To which perplexed me said “I don’t get it. Did she have a kid? Were the toys for her kid?” 

“Ah, no. Sex toys.” 

“All righty then!” 

It irritates me that "adult toys" is a term reserved for sex toys, while all I wanted to find online is more demanding/adult level puzzle toys and stuff 🤣

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, naakka said:

It irritates me that "adult toys" is a term reserved for sex toys, while all I wanted to find online is more demanding/adult level puzzle toys and stuff 🤣

same problem here 😂

• Like 3
Celyn: The Lutening
7 minutes ago, naakka said:

You have to search puzzles or executive toys.

• Like 4
Just now, Celyn said:

You have to search puzzles or executive toys.

Thank you! I always struggle to find English keywords. I thought, isn't puzzle the one with cut pieces you put back together? I didn't know it can mean something else as well 😁

• Like 2
3 hours ago, naakka said:

isn't puzzle the one with cut pieces you put back together?

That's a jigsaw puzzle. There are many other kinds of puzzles - crossword puzzles, just to name one other kind. :) 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, naakka said:

Thank you! I always struggle to find English keywords. I thought, isn't puzzle the one with cut pieces you put back together? I didn't know it can mean something else as well 😁

In Czech "puzzle" also specifically means "jigsaw", and I think it's the same in German as well.

• Like 4
nerdperson777
On 7/21/2019 at 2:53 AM, Aldis Friedman said:

The only condom I had was the one given by the school nurses when I was thirteen. We didn't have nurses in school, so we had a check-up once during Middle School by special nurses. They were very nice. You could also ask them health questions. At the end of the check-up, you received a package with hygiene products. It included toothpaste, face cream, and, since I'm a girl, I got tampons. But every pupil also got a condom in the package! I opened mine because I was curious and I remember it being very sticky and smelling bad! 😂

My family hoards everything so I think the pad I received from the 5th grade talk is still under the sink.  It's probably an ace moment that I'm hearing people say that was the sex ed talk and I thought it was just about "you're going to grow boobs and have periods, here have some supplies".  I think I subconsciously wanted to be in the boy group, and I didn't like being stuck in a room with all girls.  Yet all I asked the guys was "did they talk about hairy armpits?"  There's obviously more 'interesting' topics than hairy armpits.

19 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

My parents haven't actually been 'together' for almost as long as I remember (they never got married ended uo dating different people, but both stuck around to raise me and my sister), so I never really had to worry about 'walking in on them'.  Honestly, for a while I thought it was some weird joke and didn't actually happen, but then I realized that since my parents weren't 'together' like other people's parent were, they obviously wouldn't engage in bedroom antics, which meant I was the exception to that kind of situation.  Then again, nothing about how my family is could be considered 'typical', so...

My parents are legally partners and live in the same house but that's about it.  I heard that when I was first born, my aunt took care of me so she slept in my same bed.  Then when she went back to her home country, my mom moved in, out of dad's room, liked it, and never went back.  So I slept in the same bed as my mom for the next 13 years.  I've never seen affection or even touching between them so I never had to worry about walking in either.  My mom's probably ace and dad's disappointed in the lack of attention so no chance.  One day the TV was advertising the show "The Bachelorette" and there were terms on the screen that were emphasized.  The moment my dad looked, it said "sexpectations".  He basically had an "ooh, what's that?" moment.  Mom had to explain that it was just a word play and it's not really an actual word.  I joked to him, "I know you have a lot of it."  My cousin once told me that whenever he lashes out, it's because he's sexually frustrated.  I don't like to think about my parents' sex lives, no matter how non-existent they are.

5 hours ago, Laplace said:

Ugh, such an unseemly and depraved act. What’s next? Head-pats? Scandalous. 😤

I’ve never really held anyone’s hand for a significantly extended period of time beyond instances where it is required of me. I often consider extended physical contact that isn’t actively required by some sort of activity or simple greetings really intimate so I tend to avoid it. Though I guess it’s kinda cozy when animals huddle up to you.

Growing up, I've always tried to keep any physical contact to a minimum because of this.  I didn't want anyone to think I was soft on them or worse, have romantic feelings.  Anyone holding my hands softly for an extended amount of time made me feel nervous.  There was an awkward feeling when my friend and I went to a club outing at an ice rink.  She knew how to ice skate from almost going competitive in middle school and I didn't know a thing.  She held my hand and walked (dragged) me around the rink about 3 times.  That was so much touching.

My ace moment today happened in a conversation between me, a teenage boy, and a man in his 30s.  They were talking about "bad" anime.  The teen said that there's an anime about soda cans.  Naturally I asked, "how do you make an anime out of soda?  What could soda do that's so interesting?"  We took into consideration that Kantai Collection is a bunch of ships turned into a girls.  He told me that they "animize" it by turning everything into girls.  So soda cans as girls.  The man found it amusing that a teenager explained this to an adult.  Well, I hardly watch anime and I don't look up things remotely like this.  The boy knew I was ace but the man didn't.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mrs said:

“Ah, no. Sex toys.” 

“All righty then!” 

How could I say no? 🤔🤔🤔 Are they mute? Also, cheating is such bull****. I’d be the biggest rat ever if I knew that sort of stuff. 👿

13 hours ago, AntiDefenestrator said:

I had a french exchange student stay over, and we went walking  to the bottom of a waterfall where there is a natural pool that people like to swim in. There were guys with their shirts off, and according to my dad’s partner she was looking at the guys. I didn’t notice because I was looking at a goanna (big lizard).

That was me in Hawaii. Scantily dressed women/men? Nah, I’m cool with making friends with this wild chicken, looking at the scenery, petting this dog, and, of course, eating food.

Bronztrooper
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

My ace moment today happened in a conversation between me, a teenage boy, and a man in his 30s.  They were talking about "bad" anime.  The teen said that there's an anime about soda cans.  Naturally I asked, "how do you make an anime out of soda?  What could soda do that's so interesting?"  We took into consideration that Kantai Collection is a bunch of ships turned into a girls.  He told me that they "animize" it by turning everything into girls.  So soda cans as girls.  The man found it amusing that a teenager explained this to an adult.  Well, I hardly watch anime and I don't look up things remotely like this.  The boy knew I was ace but the man didn't.

Damn it, Japan

• Like 1
8 hours ago, naakka said:

I got 94/100... the test was interesting. "Kissed for more than two hours consecutively? Had sexual intercourse three or more times in one night? Had two or more distinct acts of sexual intercourse with two or more people within 24 hours?"

I had no idea people really do this stuff that excessively. I have a feeling this test alone made me impure 😳 It's good to know tho, this made me even more certain I couldn't deal a relationship even with a moderately sexual allo 😅

Hahaha... it was like those drug things in school. Umm... I would have never known that was a thing if you didnt tell me in this talk that is supposed to make me not do those things. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Ytterbium said:

In Czech "puzzle" also specifically means "jigsaw", and I think it's the same in German as well.

Well, we actually have "palapeli" ("piece game") in Finnish for that specific kind of puzzle. I think I just never learnt any other meaning for that world in English 😆

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ytterbium said:

In Finnish that one is "palapeli" which literally means "piece game" :'D Other kinds, like rubik's cube and such, would be "pulmapeli", so, "problem game" :D 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Aloney said:

In Finnish that one is "palapeli" which literally means "piece game" :'D Other kinds, like rubik's cube and such, would be "pulmapeli", so, "problem game" :D 

Yea! The different categarization in Finnish is probably the reason I was looking for a completely different word for "pulmapelit" 😄

• Like 2
nerdperson777

Don't know why, but I've been thinking Spongebob a lot lately.

I also have a comic app and I read quite a few with LGBT+ stuff.  My mind is thinking "gay" and "not gay", with "not gay" in the same tone as in Spongebob "not lame".

• Like 1

So in duolingo you can learn new skills and one of them was I kid you not, 

Pick up lines and flirting in spanish.

(A vomited in my mouth a little)

You know I rather learn Spanish idioms and proverbs instead.

• Like 6
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, ColeHW said:

In Chinese, there is "playing piano for a cow".  No matter how much effort you put into it, the cow will never be able to appreciate it.  Likewise, allo people may never understand our preferences (or lack thereof) no matter how much effort you put into educating them.

• Like 3
Just now, nerdperson777 said:

In Chinese, there is "playing piano for a cow".  No matter how much effort you put into it, the cow will never be able to appreciate it.  Likewise, allo people may never understand our preferences (or lack thereof) no matter how much effort you put into educating them.

Ain't that the truth.

• Like 1

I dunno, I could still use a guide to tell when someone is flirting in English...

• Like 7
5 hours ago, ColeHW said:

So in duolingo you can learn new skills and one of them was I kid you not, 

Pick up lines and flirting in spanish.

(A vomited in my mouth a little)

I would want to learn that so I would know if someone is trying to hit on me in the foreign language.  It could prevent some misunderstandings.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Throwing pearls before swine, perhaps? 

5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Funnily enough, cows actually seem to enjoy music? :D At least all those videos of people playing instruments next to a pasture have the cows gathering to listen :) You can also call cows to be milked by singing, there's a tradition of that in certain countries! 

• Like 2

I actually had a pretty nice conversation with two of my allo friends about my sexuality. Even though it's an awkward topic for me to talk about openly, since I don't really know how much people normally share, they listened really well and tried to understand. I mean, they already knew I was ace, but it just came up, I think it was that we were on the beach together and one of my friends was drooling at the male figures, while the other friend was staring at them jealously (he wants to get to the point where he can get a wide back and such, he's waiting to start t) 😅 I just talked to them about how I view people and the things that I note about people's bodies and things I don't, and like, how I mostly just either view it as a reference opportunity for drawing, or just biologically interesting. I also talked about how on emotional level, romantic and sexual attraction just confuses me and I don't know if I've ever experienced that. I can somewhat understand some basics about it by reasoning and example, of course. They agreed that similarly, it's difficult for them to emotionally understand the state of not having that attraction, but they can also try to understand it by reasoning, and we generally just concluded that people are different :D One of them actually even thanked me for sharing, he said it was nice that I trusted them with these musings, it actually made me really happy! 

• Like 7

@Aloney Sounds like you had an awesome discussion (the kind of discussion I wish to have with my family and the closest friends one day)! I nodded thorough your comment, anyhow this especially:

7 hours ago, Aloney said:

like, how I mostly just either view it as a reference opportunity for drawing, or just biologically interesting.

Looking at people feels the same as looking at animals in the zoo; some are more interesting to look at than others, yet all fascinating by their own specific way. Anyhow, looking even at the most beautiful or outstanding of them doesn't make you to want to have any sort of close contact with them :D

(And it's another ace problem that people are so fast to interpret it as attraction if you happen to look at interesting looking person even for a second too long lol.)

Edited by naakka
  • Like 3
Fluffy Femme Guy
On 7/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, Laplace said:

Ugh, such an unseemly and depraved act. What’s next? Head-pats? Scandalous. 😤

Headpats are good stuff.

• Like 4