Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Forest Spirit
9 hours ago, Green and Purple Dragon said:

Oh... OH NO

Well maybe it actually means 'getting some.... CAKE' 😋❤️

Sorry had to do this, it's probably the only place I could get away with such a bad joke😅 

• Like 11
Nine of Spades

Oh, I'm definitely "getting some" tonight.
Getting some sleep.

• Like 10

(Bit more of an aro moment but whatever) One of my sisters was looking through my photo album and noticed this picture I have of my former(he left at the end of this year) band director that I had in there because I thought it was funny and it was a good memory(It was basically just him with the girl Snapchat filter on and at the bottom was a quote from him when he saw it saying "I'm the Belle of the Ball") and when my mom noticed it she was like "Ah your first crush" and "At least he's cute" and my automatic response was somewhere along the lines of "ew no absolutely not" and "I hear that enough at school I don't need to hear it at home too" and I don't think that helped my case much but that was what I was feeling. Who has crushes on teachers for gods sake???????

• Like 6
1 hour ago, SmallBean said:

(Bit more of an aro moment but whatever) One of my sisters was looking through my photo album and noticed this picture I have of my former(he left at the end of this year) band director that I had in there because I thought it was funny and it was a good memory(It was basically just him with the girl Snapchat filter on and at the bottom was a quote from him when he saw it saying "I'm the Belle of the Ball") and when my mom noticed it she was like "Ah your first crush" and "At least he's cute" and my automatic response was somewhere along the lines of "ew no absolutely not" and "I hear that enough at school I don't need to hear it at home too" and I don't think that helped my case much but that was what I was feeling. Who has crushes on teachers for gods sake???????

It’s a fairly popular fetish (teacher x student) considering it’s in a ton of games, anime, and other...forms of digital media. I personally think it’s absolutely wrong for there to be a relationship with that sort of power dynamic. Not to mention the age gap with the student potentially being underage (big yikes).

• Like 3

There is a court case in our area working its way thru the system involving a female education assistant and some teenage boys...

nerdperson777
2 hours ago, SmallBean said:

In high school, my world history teacher was some young skinny girl (with boobs a little too big for her, according to my mom but they only looked like B cups to me).  I would guess that she was in her early to mid twenties at the time, since she mentioned graduating from a top university in 3 years, and I guess a little more for the teaching certificate.  Even someone like me who doesn't pay attention much, heard some students say that she was attractive, and possibly wanted to date her.  I just brushed this off as weird, but back then I didn't know what the big problem was, since any relationship at all was just weird to me.  I guess most of the other teachers at the school were all older, married, and/or with children, so she was the one to ogle at.  She also wore kind of heavy makeup.

• Like 2
GentlemanCambrioleur
1 hour ago, Laplace said:

It’s a fairly popular fetish (teacher x student) considering it’s in a ton of games, anime, and other...forms of digital media. I personally think it’s absolutely wrong for there to be a relationship with that sort of power dynamic. Not to mention the age gap with the student potentially being underage (big yikes).

As someone heading into the education field, it is ABSOLUTELY wrong. Even if it's college student x professor because THERE IS STILL A POWER IMBALANCE. Big nope. 

I feel like the only healthy way it works if it's ONE-SIDED on the student's part to the teacher. And the teacher is like "ok I know you like me, but I'm not interested that way. let's maintain a healthy mentor-mentee relationship instead." 

• Like 3

@SmallBean, pupils crushing on teachers is almost routine. Part of studying to become a teacher is training how to respond in such situations in a manner to make it clear that there is a barrier which must not be crossed in any circumstances in such a way as to not harm a potentially vulnerable person at a critical point of their academic life

Just think of the song by The Police "Don't stand so close to me" and bear in mind that Sting (Gordon Sumner) was a teacher and you get the idea 

• Like 8
59 minutes ago, GentlemanCambrioleur said:

As someone heading into the education field, it is ABSOLUTELY wrong. Even if it's college student x professor because THERE IS STILL A POWER IMBALANCE. Big nope. 

I feel like the only healthy way it works if it's ONE-SIDED on the student's part to the teacher. And the teacher is like "ok I know you like me, but I'm not interested that way. let's maintain a healthy mentor-mentee relationship instead." 

Yeah it’s like being in a relationship with your boss or someone providing you medical attention; there’s a massive imbalance of power that can be abused and there’s obviously a massive favoritism issue too. I know it’s a common fictional trope, but I wish it wasn’t largely encouraged by works of fiction. Like I love the Persona games (some of my favorites games of all time) but even that series is repeatedly guilty of fetishizing this kind of relationship. Though, Kenji in P3 was kinda a counterbalance to it, showing a one-sided student crush that ends poorly for him.

• Like 2
AceMissBehaving

A friend just cracked this joke...

”note to self, never make an arm wrestling bet with a friend who’s been single for 6 months”

Brain: I guess because they have extra time to work out.

Brain 10 minutes later: Ooohhhhhh right...that.

• Like 2
Green and Purple Dragon
On 6/20/2019 at 4:00 AM, Quasar.w said:

Well maybe it actually means 'getting some.... CAKE' 😋❤️

Sorry had to do this, it's probably the only place I could get away with such a bad joke😅 

Hey, this morning I pointed to an ace of spades card and said “Hey that’s me!” And the only person that laughed was the one other asexual in our school that I know of 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Green and Purple Dragon
Added “that I know of” cause ya never know
  • Like 5
Green and Purple Dragon
5 hours ago, SmallBean said:

It disgusts me when people have crushes on teachers.  Like ew, they’re here to teach us, and it’s even worse during middle school because they’re so much older.  I also hate how in media, (mostly seen in anime oof) how they push shipping student x teacher.  Like why???

• Like 2
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

In high school, my world history teacher was some young skinny girl (with boobs a little too big for her, according to my mom but they only looked like B cups to me).  I would guess that she was in her early to mid twenties at the time, since she mentioned graduating from a top university in 3 years, and I guess a little more for the teaching certificate.  Even someone like me who doesn't pay attention much, heard some students say that she was attractive, and possibly wanted to date her.  I just brushed this off as weird, but back then I didn't know what the big problem was, since any relationship at all was just weird to me.  I guess most of the other teachers at the school were all older, married, and/or with children, so she was the one to ogle at.  She also wore kind of heavy makeup.

When I was in Grade 6 our teacher was new to our school. She had larger than average breasts and that is all of us boys could talk about...

She was married and kind of strict so I doubt anything improper ever happened.

The only such gossip when I was in school was about our associate principal and one of the teachers allegedly having a relationship, and the rumor was they kind of... did some stuff in a bathroom or something..? Also, uni gossip, two of our faculty's researchers started, according to the rumors, their relationship while they were both still married. I guess they both got divorced since now they're quite public at the uni and even have a child... I don't understaaaannnd why all these things happen, why would anyone do stuff like that at their workplace, they're risking their employment! 😧

What always got me was a lot of people be fine or happy about a young teenage boy "scoring" with a teacher. Jesus that is screwed up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

@SmallBean, pupils crushing on teachers is almost routine. Part of studying to become a teacher is training how to respond in such situations in a manner to make it clear that there is a barrier which must not be crossed in any circumstances in such a way as to not harm a potentially vulnerable person at a critical point of their academic life

Just think of the song by The Police "Don't stand so close to me" and bear in mind that Sting (Gordon Sumner) was a teacher and you get the idea 

Yes it wasnt until years later that I listened closely to the song's lyrics and thought "Oh my God that is so creepy!"

• Like 2

Two things from high school. One of our English Lit' teachers married one of his former students (prior to me having him). He was younger so I could see how a student could've been attracted to him. The question around the school was had they 'been sleeping together' when she was a student?

Then years later while talking to a classmate he was telling me he had run into so and so. He then told me that so and so had told him that he'd had sex with 'Miss Miserable' (a language teacher) when we were in school.

I called 'bullshit' as the guy wasn't the QB of the football team, a bit of a goof and she was not a very popular teacher. I don't think in the four years of seeing her on a daily basis (her class was adjacent to where a bunch of us hung out between classes) did I ever see her smile.

2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

My algebra 1 teacher in middle school was the cheerleading coach and it was her second year teaching at, she was awful at it. A lot of my friends make jokes about how glad we are that we didn’t have her again, and one person thought that I had a crush on her because of me making a joke about how glad I was to not have her a second year.

Also a Spanish teacher in my high school was fired this year for doing that stuff with students of hers, I’m glad that I finished my required foreign language classes in 9th grade.

1 hour ago, AceMissBehaving said:

A friend just cracked this joke...

”note to self, never make an arm wrestling bet with a friend who’s been single for 6 months”

Brain: I guess because they have extra time to work out.

Brain 10 minutes later: Ooohhhhhh right...that.

I don’t get it

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

I don’t get it

It's a masturbation joke...

• Like 2
Just now, will123 said:

It's a masturbation joke...

I would ask how that’s supposed to help, but I probably don’t want to know.

• Like 3
Fluffy Femme Guy
5 hours ago, Laplace said:

The taboo/forbidden nature of that fantasy is 'exciting' for some people.

• Like 2
Custard Cream
16 minutes ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

The taboo/forbidden nature of that fantasy is 'exciting' for some people.

Eek. Yuck.

• Like 3

I find it hilarious how while having these discussions, we manage to simultaneously sound like scientists discussing the mating habits of a foreign species, AND ten-year old kids who heard about kissing for the first time :'D Somehow this describes at least me perfectly? 🤔

• Like 23
Anthracite_Impreza

At our school just about every girl and the few gay lads I knew fancied one of our history teachers. I wasted so many dinnertimes in that room because most of my friends did >.<

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Aloney said:

I find it hilarious how while having these discussions, we manage to simultaneously sound like scientists discussing the mating habits of a foreign species, AND ten-year old kids who heard about kissing for the first time :'D Somehow this describes at least me perfectly? 🤔

I think that’s because:

1) this entire topic is a foreign concept to us, so the way we look at it as a whole would be similar

2) we don’t have whatever switch in our mind that other people do that turns that stuff from being “yuck” and “ew” into “dats haaaat”.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, will123 said:

Yes it wasnt until years later that I listened closely to the song's lyrics and thought "Oh my God that is so creepy!"

I had the Police's "Syncronicity" album on a cassette tape and I must have listened to that song a hundred times and never once gave its lyrics a sexual thought.  Until now.

• Like 3

Heh, on a brighter note, just found it funny how excited I got about just finishing a strawberry and cream layered cake for tonight's Midsummer's Eve celebrations :D (Midsummer's Eve is a fairly big festivity where I live)

• Like 6
Forest Spirit

Teacher/professor-student or just any 'power imbalance' relationships are just... no. Please don't. It also simply triggers my paranoia with being exploited and my massive trust issues.

I know that a student in a 'lower' year than me at my institute (Idk how that's called sorry) had a one night stand last year with one of the employees who's also an instructor for some of the mandatory exercises we have during our Bachelor. First reaction 'NOPE', second reaction after being told that in a 'oh did you hear that'/gossip way without any hint of thinking that it's wrong (just that it's kinda wrong since he has a girlfriend, you know... the important part) 'WTF PEOPLE'. And then people wonder why I try to keep as far away from stuff like this as possible and why I can't just laugh about it<_<

12 hours ago, Laplace said:

Yeah it’s like being in a relationship with your boss or someone providing you medical attention; there’s a massive imbalance of power that can be abused and there’s obviously a massive favoritism issue too. I know it’s a common fictional trope, but I wish it wasn’t largely encouraged by works of fiction. Like I love the Persona games (some of my favorites games of all time) but even that series is repeatedly guilty of fetishizing this kind of relationship. Though, Kenji in P3 was kinda a counterbalance to it, showing a one-sided student crush that ends poorly for him.

Since you brought Persona up, I actually think they handled it quite ok in P5 with Shiho/Ann and Kamoshida (coach, teacher). I mean what he did was just f*cked up but atleast they did represent it as such instead of some weird fetish or 'tolerable'. Then again there's the romance option between the main character and Kawakami (his teacher) or Takemi (sort of his doctor) and everything's just... not right again. Plus the whole maid thing with Kawakami was just 'what... why??? Just don't'

• Like 2
14 hours ago, will123 said:

Two things from high school. One of our English Lit' teachers married one of his former students (prior to me having him). He was younger so I could see how a student could've been attracted to him. The question around the school was had they 'been sleeping together' when she was a student?

That happened here. Student was dating someone else at the time, very seriously. Teacher was very young, I think it was his first year of teaching. Sometime after she started college, she broke up with her long time boyfriend and then then former teacher/student  started dating. To this day, when asked about how they met, they have to go into this long spiel about how it didn't start until she was over 18 etc etc and nothing happened when she was his student.