Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

31 minutes ago, Toa Lhikan said:

There is a well-grounded fan theory about Kreia's earlier experiences with Echani rituals. There are some hints in KOTOT II from the disciple Mical about that topic.  Kreia, know as Arren Kae in the earlier days of her life, sparred with the Echani general Yussani, committed to him and probably fell in love. That happened during the mandalorian wars, while following Revan, if I remember correctly. The Handmaiden Brianna might be the daughter of Kreia and Yussani. This is the reason why Kreia knows about the meaning of the Echani rituals. After the end of the mandalorian wars Kreia fell to the dark side an named herself Darth Traya. The name "Kreia" is actually a combination from "(Arren) Kae" and "Traya".

Echani have the faces of their mothers if female, so wouldn’t the Handmaiden look like a younger Kreia?

• Like 1
Just now, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Echani have the faces of their mothers if female, so wouldn’t the Handmaiden look like a younger Kreia?

Exactly. If you have a decent amount of awareness in the polar academy of Telos you can recognize that the Handmaiden looks different than the other servants of Atris. You can even talk with the Handmaiden about that, and she mentions that she "honors the face of her mother". I'm not sure about that, but I think Atris mentioned to her other servants that the Handmaiden follows the path of her mother, if you train the Handmaiden as a Jedi. If you have enough influence on the Handmaiden she tells the story of her mother. She says she never saw her mother's face and that she never returned from the final battle at Malachor V. The Jedi Master Kavar in the enclave of Dantooine also assumed that Kreia died at Malachor V (quote from Kavar: "I thought you had died in the mandalorian wars.")  In following video are more hints about that.

Spoiler

On 5/21/2019 at 12:06 AM, nerdperson777 said:

My nose bleeds seem to have subsided but a few weeks ago I was constantly having them.  Someone joked that I was watching too much anime.  First of all, I hardly watch anime, just when someone recommends me one.  Second would be the ace reason.

I haven’t had a bloody nose in forever 😅. It’s convenient (walking around with a tissue stuffed up my nose isn’t exactly comfortable) and fitting.

8 hours ago, Toa Lhikan said:

There is a well-grounded fan theory about Kreia's earlier experiences with Echani rituals. There are some hints in KOTOT II from the disciple Mical about that topic.  Kreia, know as Arren Kae in the earlier days of her life, sparred with the Echani general Yussani, committed to him and probably fell in love. That happened during the mandalorian wars, while following Revan, if I remember correctly. The Handmaiden Brianna might be the daughter of Kreia and Yussani. This is the reason why Kreia knows about the meaning of the Echani rituals. After the end of the mandalorian wars Kreia fell to the dark side an named herself Darth Traya. The name "Kreia" is actually a combination from "(Arren) Kae" and "Traya".

When I first played KOTOR II as the male exile I never liked the handmaiden, because I always assumed that she would betray me to Atris. In fact I just ignored her. I had no problems with Canderous, HK47, Bao Dur, Kreia or Visas. But I never liked that drama between Visas and the Handmaiden, so I prefer to play as the female exile to prevent that needless entanglement.

I actually watched that video a while ago and it’s probably the most comprehensive video on the subject; I can’t remember if I brought it up on this site once or not 🤔. Yeah the Handmaiden is rather willful and really possessive 😟. Visas is fairly chill in comparison. The most selfish thing she wants is to see you with the Force (cause she’s blind for anyone not familiar with the character) and meditate together IIRC. Besides, Visas’s backstory makes it hard to not talk to her; it’s just sad man ☹️.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Laplace said:

I haven’t had a bloody nose in forever 😅. It’s convenient (walking around with a tissue stuffed up my nose isn’t exactly comfortable) and fitting.

I mean, it's been weird.  I had only like 3 nosebleeds from birth to age 20.  Then for like a month or two at age 20, I was having multiple nosebleeds a day.  Then the past month, at least one a day.  My next episode will be in a couple months to a year?

• Like 1
Bronztrooper
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

I actually watched that video a while ago and it’s probably the most comprehensive video on the subject; I can’t remember if I brought it up on this site once or not 🤔. Yeah the Handmaiden is rather willful and really possessive 😟. Visas is fairly chill in comparison. The most selfish thing she wants is to see you with the Force (cause she’s blind for anyone not familiar with the character) and meditate together IIRC. Besides, Visas’s backstory makes it hard to not talk to her; it’s just sad man ☹️.

With Visas, it's more that her entire race is born without eyes and uses the Force to see (based off of lore as of SWTOR (the MMO)).  But yeah, her story is definitely sad.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I mean, it's been weird.  I had only like 3 nosebleeds from birth to age 20.  Then for like a month or two at age 20, I was having multiple nosebleeds a day.  Then the past month, at least one a day.  My next episode will be in a couple months to a year?

I used to bleed from the nose a lot when I was younger; I’d spontaneously get nosebleeds every so often. It’d just start bleeding and I don’t really know why. I’d also blow my nose too much and bleed when I had really bad allergies back in the day. Guess my body is more hardy now; my allergies aren’t as severe and I’m not even allergic to some foods anymore too. It’s kinda strange 🤔.

• Like 1

Very rarely do I get nose bleeds but bruises however spontaneously can happen without a known cause mainly on my shins and my feet.

• Like 1
asexual bean

i think i havent had a nosebleed for like 6 years or more (probably more gtfghvh)

nerdperson777
On 5/22/2019 at 11:36 PM, ColeHW said:

Very rarely do I get nose bleeds but bruises however spontaneously can happen without a known cause mainly on my shins and my feet.

Bruises aren't usually a problem for me but I got a big one right now.  I had a blood test on Monday.  My arm was pretty numb that whole day.  The next day I got a bite-sized ball bruise.  It's Friday now and it's spread through over half my lower arm.  I usually have no issue with blood tests so I really don't know what's going on.

• Like 1

Why are so many songs about sex? There's so much more to write music about

• Like 8

Like how about a song about nukes or travelling the world for once?

• Like 6
On 5/24/2019 at 9:07 PM, ColeHW said:

Like how about a song about nukes or travelling the world for once?

Reminds me of one of the songs I like.  It's about all the marvelous wonders of the world to explore, and it's sung from a guy to their significant other.  One of the lines is, "To the ends of the earth won't you follow me / if you won't I will say my goodbyes to thee."  

Traveling the world > romantic love.  I like those priorities.  IMO, romance is too often treated as the ultimate priority for everyone when it's really not.  

In retrospect, perhaps overanalyzing a single song lyric to be about society's prioritization of romance is an aro/ace moment within itself...  

Edited by iyote
Retrospect.
  • Like 6
Skycaptain

@ColeHW, the Tears for Fears song Mad world is about nukes 

Also 99 Red Balloons by Nena

Anthracite_Impreza

*reads comments about songs all being about sex/romance**thinks, how many songs are you guys listening to with lyrics??*

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Also 99 Red Balloons by Nena

This song sound so weird in English!

• Like 2
Tintenfeder
49 minutes ago, Dodoa said:

I thought the ame thing! I didn't even know there's an English version.

• Like 1
purpledragonsenpai

l

Edited by purpledragonsenpai
nerdperson777
On 5/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, Nadia O. said:

I recently learned that the Flo Rida and Ke$ha song that goes “you spin my head right around...” is a song about sex.

I totally wouldn't have known that.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:27 AM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

*reads comments about songs all being about sex/romance**thinks, how many songs are you guys listening to with lyrics??*

When I was in middle school, someone asked me what was my favorite kind of music.  I'm not really one that actually enjoys music because I grew up with it just being an academic subject.  I learned music with theory without learning anything I actually wanted.  My mom just assumed that doing something for long enough means enjoyment.  Because of my academic background, the answer to that person's question was classical, as I wouldn't even think to listen to music for fun when that was homework.  I wouldn't do homework for fun.  I know a lot about classical music, but do I like it?  I can't really say yes.  It's just a kind of music I know a lot about.  That person's reply to classical was "ew no words!"  I guess people think songs need lyrics to sound good.

I haven't had an ace moment IRL in a while but I just had one last night.  I went to a birthday party with my roommates and we were playing a game that was a mash between pictionary and telephone, for each player.  Get a word, draw it, the next person guesses, next person draws, and then guesses, repeats until it gets back to the original owner.  But this was an adult version of it, so some of the words to be drawn had a dirty second meaning.  One of my roommates was sitting next to me so the direction was that I pass my notepad to her.  Her notepad would get to me last.  We were to share our misconstrued words and drawings with everyone and choose the best drawing and best guess to get a point.  So my roommate's word was "goat cheese", and it became "bullshit" for most of the round.  When it got to me, it became "cow poop" and she awarded me a point for having the innocent answer.  Then the birthday person's word was "backdoor man", which I guess has some adult connotation.  I said that I didn't know what it was.  That person decided that I was too pure and didn't explain, but I thought someone was about to say someone who watches.  So now I can check off my ace bingo card for being called innocent and pure.  (Ironically, the second round had one that I had to guess was "sex", since the drawing had a clear d and v and pointing to a bed.  It was supposed to be "missionary position", which just became "sex", and one person guessed "doggy style" before it went back to "sex".)

But there was another funny one for "cut the cheese" and I guessed "stabbing cheese" because the knife in that picture was in a rather murdering position.

• Like 6

2 years ago at a friend’s birthday party everyone played Cards Against Humanity because he got it as a gift (from a different person) and one of the first cards that I got was “doing it in the butt”. I was (and still am) confused on why anyone would want anything to do with that. Pretty much every other card I had 0 clue what it meant.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

2 years ago at a friend’s birthday party everyone played Cards Against Humanity because he got it as a gift (from a different person) and one of the first cards that I got was “doing it in the butt”. I was (and still am) confused on why anyone would want anything to do with that. Pretty much every other card I had 0 clue what it meant.

Well a cishet guy had to explain to me and my friend what queefing was, after that card was played.

Bronztrooper
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Well a cishet guy had to explain to me and my friend what queefing was, after that card was played.

I have a vague idea of what it is, but not what causes it, or what the implications of it are- at least, nothing I'm sure about.

And I don't think I want to know.

• Like 2
Custard Cream
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Oh dear, I now fear I am hopelessly Ace, although I usally don't feel it. I have no idea what that is, and I'm not sure I want to look it up...

Edit: I looked it up. How did I not know that word? 

• Like 5
Skycaptain

Roger's Profanisaurus had it's uses before Urban Dictionary turned up :P

• Like 2
On 5/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, Dodoa said:

@Skycaptain that is the first time I have heard 99 Red Balloons in English.  It does sound better in French.

• Like 1
Skycaptain

@Muledeer, I've never heard it in French, I've heard the original German version, though 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@Muledeer, I've never heard it in French, I've heard the original German version, though 

In English speaking Canada, both the original German and English versions get played (retro music programs). I didnt know there was a French version.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
12 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Oh dear, I now fear I am hopelessly Ace, although I usally don't feel it. I have no idea what that is, and I'm not sure I want to look it up...

Edit: I looked it up. How did I not know that word? 

I'm not sure how that works even after learning the meaning.  How would I know I did that instead of a regular one?

• Like 2
Custard Cream
22 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I'm not sure how that works even after learning the meaning.  How would I know I did that instead of a regular one?

You'd know. Seriously. It's actually pretty obvious. You can tell.

• Like 1