Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

So, I called my mom today:

Mom: "So, got any plans for Valentine's day?"

Me: "You mean free chocolate day? Nah, not really."

Mom: "Trust me, you're probably better off without anyone."

Me: "Eh, who knows? Maybe I'll find a partner someday...I just don't want to get in bed with them."

Mom: *laughs* "Dear, that's not possible."

Gotta love moms.

• Like 13

Soooo I have to watch most of the James Bond movies due to a school assignment and... like... especially the old movies are so cringy? Everytime a woman shows up on screen Bond is just like "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" and literally 2 minutes after they meet they start making out with each other??? The hell 😂

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, laokatok said:

Soooo I have to watch most of the James Bond movies due to a school assignment and... like... especially the old movies are so cringy? Everytime a woman shows up on screen Bond is just like "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" and literally 2 minutes after they meet they start making out with each other??? The hell 😂

It's not supposed to make sense.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, laokatok said:

That changed over the years, With the AIDS epidemic, they started to narrow it down to him being with just one woman per movie instead of a bunch of them.

That whole concept confused me. Why was a man like that not called a slut? 

And while we're at it, why was it always wife swapping? Weren't the husband's swapped as well?  Why wasn't it 'partner' swapping or 'spouse-swapping?"

• Like 7

Re Harry Potter:

This is why D&D wizards can use orbs or crystals as spellcasting foci.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, starweb said:

That changed over the years, With the AIDS epidemic, they started to narrow it down to him being with just one woman per movie instead of a bunch of them.

And while we're at it, why was it always wife swapping? Weren't the husband's swapped as well?  Why wasn't it 'partner' swapping or 'spouse-swapping?"

After watching Persona 4: the Animation (specifically the enclosed clip), I’ve taken to calling promiscuous men “manwhores” if I want to deliberately be derogatory lol.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Laplace said:

After watching Persona 4: the Animation (specifically the enclosed clip), I’ve taken to calling promiscuous men “manwhores” if I want to deliberately be derogatory lol.

Hide contents

That would've pretty much described my friend. I'd see him on a monthly basis and every time he'd make refererence to a different female.

Anna

Barbara

Colleen

Diane

et cetera...

I never met any of them.

In my eyes if I hadn't heard the laundry list of names it MAY not have appeared so unseemly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, starweb said:

Well, On the Wife Swap show, the wives went to the other house, but the husbands stayed in their own house. Side note- one time i babysat for a family that was on the show.

Also, a man whore is also called a player. 

Edited by griffinej5
  • Like 2
nerdperson777
4 hours ago, starweb said:

Double standards, that's why.  A guy who gets with many girls is successful.  A girl who gets with many guys is a slut.  Single moms are blamed for not being able to handle their children, because it's "their" fault for having all those children.  Single dads get showered with praise and amazement.

12 minutes ago, griffinej5 said:

Well, On the Wife Swap show, the wives went to the other house, but the husbands stayed in their own house. Side note- one time i babysat for a family that was on the show.

Oh yeah, I remember that show.  They always find the most opposite families ever.  The only episode I remember is when there was a family that cooked everything fresh and another that microwaved all their food.  After the first week passed and the wives were to make changes, the microwave family actually had to throw out their microwave.

• Like 6

So my campus decided to run a few Valentines booths today. The weirdest of them all involved condoms. They had a 'water-baloon-condom' toss, and a 'pin the condom on the sexy mannequin' booth. The purpose was to promote safe-sex practices and hand out free condoms in the process, but the whole thing was just...weird.

I get it. Sex is a thing a lot of responsible adults do, and a campus is full of them. Fine. But there's such a strong disconnect between this thing and me. XD

• Like 3
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Double standards, that's why.  A guy who gets with many girls is successful.  A girl who gets with many guys is a slut.  Single moms are blamed for not being able to handle their children, because it's "their" fault for having all those children.  Single dads get showered with praise and amazement.

Oh yeah, I remember that show.  They always find the most opposite families ever.  The only episode I remember is when there was a family that cooked everything fresh and another that microwaved all their food.  After the first week passed and the wives were to make changes, the microwave family actually had to throw out their microwave.

A dad watching his own kids is babysitting, a mom watching her kids is parenting. Just no. Babysitting is when someone who isn’t the parent of the kid watches them, usually there is an exchange of money, unless they’re a relative. 

The lady i met, i don’t remember who they got swapped with. This was a rich Jewish family, as many were many people where i grew up. What I remember about her episode is that she proudly proclaimed herself a JAP (Jewish American Princess). When i was at the house, she yelled at her husband for wearing a navy blue shirt with black pants, or maybe the opposite. Either way, apparently you shouldn’t do that. 

• Like 3

Walking in the street, and coming across two large structures hung on a wall, shaped like breasts, except green. 

My reaction: "Whoa, it looks like caterpillars' butts !" 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, griffinej5 said:

I remember that show.

But I was speaking in general.  I've heard people say things like 'they are into wife swapping.'   Well, the woman swapped husbands too, no matter who went where. 

Not that I particularly want equality when it comes to that, the terminology just threw me off.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Kelthepurplequeen said:

I’m almost 24 and still a virgin. IDGAC. 😎 

33 and depending on your definition i am a virgin or not. Why is virginity so important to many people? It is just that you had have certain types of sex.

• Like 6
Kelthepurplequeen
11 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

Walking in the street, and coming across two large structures hung on a wall, shaped like breasts, except green. 

My reaction: "Whoa, it looks like caterpillars' butts !" 

Were they fuzzy?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Feys&Florets said:

So my campus decided to run a few Valentines booths today. The weirdest of them all involved condoms. They had a 'water-baloon-condom' toss, and a 'pin the condom on the sexy mannequin' booth. The purpose was to promote safe-sex practices and hand out free condoms in the process, but the whole thing was just...weird.

I get it. Sex is a thing a lot of responsible adults do, and a campus is full of them. Fine. But there's such a strong disconnect between this thing and me. XD

No 3 legged race?

• Like 2
Life With Masks
18 hours ago, Feys&Florets said:

The same thing happened in my university, but it was just the give condoms for free part. It seems to be a universal thing.

A part of me doesn't get the feeling why people need condoms for Valentine's and the other part is indifferent 😐

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Feys&Florets said:

The whole thing would just make me uncomfortable.  My college has events like that sometimes.  I completely avoid that area of campus when it takes place. :huh:

• Like 2

Chatting with a female friend last night. No mention of Valentine's Day from either of us. Which is fine by me. We're friends, with no romantic feelings.

• Like 5
Celyn: The Lutening

@Kelthepurplequeen As the wonderful ace podcast "Sounds Fake but OK" pointed out, the whole concept of virginity is broken.

According to your definition I'm not but according to some stricter definitions I am so ????????? Who knows, who cares.

• Like 9
Kelthepurplequeen
10 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

The whole thing would just make me uncomfortable.  My college has events like that sometimes.  I completely avoid that area of campus when it takes place. :huh:

10 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

As someone with a sex phobia, I agree. 🤮 

Kelthepurplequeen

Seriously, if there’s a sex scene between unwed people in a book or movie, I will gag.

Kelthepurplequeen
Just now, StomachGod said:

Only if they are unwed???

Yeah, because fornication is wrong.

6 minutes ago, Kelthepurplequeen said:

Yeah, because fornication is wrong.

I see... so what if you read/ watch a scene about an unknown couple? Who are not explicitly stated to be married or not?

Kelthepurplequeen
4 minutes ago, StomachGod said:

I see... so what if you read/ watch a scene about an unknown couple? Who are not explicitly stated to be married or not?

I’ll assume they’re married unless stated otherwise.

Kelthepurplequeen
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Why?

It’s impure. Wait until marriage.

1 hour ago, Kelthepurplequeen said:

It’s impure. Wait until marriage.

While I don't exactly disagree with the "wait until marriage" part... "Impure" how?
What does legal documentation/status have to do with "purity"?
Besides isn't being pure never having sex at all?

• Like 1