Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I just saw a collection of comments on FB about introverts that really resonates with me, but I can't bring myself to share it because they're all tagged "IntrovertTurnOns" and I'm not sure if it's meant to be a joke or not, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Neutral nerd
19 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I was watching TV (something I rarely do nowadays), and I heard something about asexuality in a commercial, so I pressed rewind. It was for a reality show called Southern Charm Savannah, and one guy was saying something along the lines of, "I won't let the fact you're asexual...you need to reciprocate!" to a woman who was practically in tears. Naturally, I flipped out. 😠

Who the hell would buy something because of that???

• Like 2

a few weeks ago at my friend's birthday party all the guests played the game 'cards against humanity'. I had only ever heard of it once and thought it was a game where you tried to make your own memes or something.

unfortunately, the game is very confusing and seemed to be made up entirely of innuendos and sex jokes. I skipped my turn to read out all the cards and had no idea why anyone was laughing. I later said to my friend 'that was the most stressful moment of my life. at your next party i'm bringing a book and skipping that game'.

other than that the party was quite fun; my friend made me flapjacks and invited me over early cos she knows i have social anxiety so i have more fun just hanging out with her than with crowds of people.

so maybe that was mostly just a social anxiety moment, but i definitley felt there were some R rated jokes i was not getting - and i was the oldest person there [everyone had just finished secondary school, i am in college and have been for four years]

• Like 2
On 7/8/2018 at 9:27 PM, Raire said:

This should be on a T-shirt. I'd wear that! 

(maybe altered slightly: "There's all sorts of everything on display, but I want none of it")

I design asexual T-Shirts, so can create then one for you, then you can get it. 

• Like 1
EmotionalAndroid

In my game of Fallout 4, my character is an ace so I have made up a backstory to eliminate the canon fact that the player character is married and has a kid. In my version, Nora is his best friend who was just hanging out at his house, and they were babysitting someone else's kid for the day.

• Like 1

That moment on a DofE camp when I asked what an Orgasm was.

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Tintinfan said:

That moment on a DofE camp when I asked what an Orgasm was.

I asked loudly in Target what a douche was.  And tampons in the bathroom.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I asked loudly in Target what a douche was.  And tampons in the bathroom.

Best thing is I must of not really understood because then I asked 'Is it likely that I have had one?'

• Like 4
Sweet Potato
On 7/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, GeekyGamerZack said:

I was watching TV (something I rarely do nowadays), and I heard something about asexuality in a commercial, so I pressed rewind. It was for a reality show called Southern Charm Savannah, and one guy was saying something along the lines of, "I won't let the fact you're asexual...you need to reciprocate!" to a woman who was practically in tears. Naturally, I flipped out. 😠

GAAAAAH! when will the idea that no one owes anyone sex for any reason be commonplace! Someone suggesting that a person should have sex even if they dont want it should not be in a commercial, in the episode, or tolerated at all!

• Like 8
On 7/13/2018 at 7:09 PM, GeekyGamerZack said:

I looked that up on YouTube. The guy even looked like a self-absorbed jerk.

• Like 4
nerdperson777

I had an old apartmentmate whose gamer tag was Shark Week.  I just realized that it's not what it's intended to be.  She just really likes sharks and there's a whole week during the summer when National Geographic has a documentary or something on sharks.  It doesn't mean...other things.  Her profile pic is a dolphin, which is ironic.

• Like 2
Bronztrooper
20 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I had an old apartmentmate whose gamer tag was Shark Week.  I just realized that it's not what it's intended to be.  She just really likes sharks and there's a whole week during the summer when National Geographic has a documentary or something on sharks.  It doesn't mean...other things.  Her profile pic is a dolphin, which is ironic.

Wait, wut?  There's another way to interpret 'Shark Week'????

• Like 3
GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Bronztrooper said:

Wait..."shark week" is innuendo for something...?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:
2 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Wait..."shark week" is innuendo for something...?

Spoiler

It's a phrase some people use to refer to menstruation.

• Like 4
GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, Andiamo said:
  Hide contents

Ah, okay. I honestly had no idea.😅

• Like 1
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Andiamo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have also had a high school friend who didn't know what PMS was and the one who explained it to her was our cishet toxic masculine male friend.  My cousin said it over the weekend and my dad heard PFF in the loud restaurant we were in.  Then he couldn't remember if we said P was pre- or post-.  I asked my cousin and my mom if post- was basically menopause.

10 hours ago, Andiamo said:
  Hide contents

I learned something today. Never heard it referred that way.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Andiamo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Riiiight I'd completely forgotten about that😂 Not even I got it

• Like 2
Neutral nerd

I think it may mostly be used by a certain subset of people with gender dysphoria, I myself don't have any particular need to phrase it that way but I can certainly understand why someone would prefer the term. 

Bronztrooper
On 7/17/2018 at 2:00 AM, Andiamo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Really?  tbh, that sounds kind of stupid, imo

• Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening

Ace moment no. 1 - I was fixing the shower caddy with cable ties and my stepmum said "Those will be too thick, they need to be able to slip around," so to prove her wrong I slipped the cable tie back and forth, not realising that the motion was suggestive until she raised an eyebrow at me.

Ace moment no. 2 - Met a very pretty, smart guy at a party and we hit it off, but he ruined it by trying to play footsies with me so I panicked and "accidentally" spilt the pitcher of punch over him.

• Like 4

Whenever I read something about men (usually it's them and its in twitter where I read it) complaining about what is considered rape, what consexual, how difficult it is to have sex nowadays and all those silly crybaby complaints they have I'm always thinking: "Well, if you are afraid of being falsely accused of rape, or don't want the girls to say no or any other silly stupid trouble... then don't have sex, it really is that simple".

• Like 8
nerdperson777
9 hours ago, Akito said:

Whenever I read something about men (usually it's them and its in twitter where I read it) complaining about what is considered rape, what consexual, how difficult it is to have sex nowadays and all those silly crybaby complaints they have I'm always thinking: "Well, if you are afraid of being falsely accused of rape, or don't want the girls to say no or any other silly stupid trouble... then don't have sex, it really is that simple".

I screenshotted my phone the other day because of this weird thing I saw in a chat.

There is a player called pussy diver.

Pussy Diver says to go suck your dad's "thing" because he would like it and the person they were talking to would also.

Then I see "I am super nice just don't be an asshole".

Oh gee, I wonder who's the asshole.

• Like 1
On 7/14/2018 at 7:47 PM, Amy94 said:

a few weeks ago at my friend's birthday party all the guests played the game 'cards against humanity'. I had only ever heard of it once and thought it was a game where you tried to make your own memes or something.

unfortunately, the game is very confusing and seemed to be made up entirely of innuendos and sex jokes. I skipped my turn to read out all the cards and had no idea why anyone was laughing. I later said to my friend 'that was the most stressful moment of my life. at your next party i'm bringing a book and skipping that game'.

That game stresses me out too!! A lot of the sex stuff in the game either makes me really uncomfortable or is like the humor equivalent of dry toast and I don't get why it's funny to people. All of my friends know I'm grey-ace and generally sex repulsed but when it's with people I don't really know I always get comments about how they dont understand my sense of humor because I keep not picking the "funny ones" aka the overtly graphically sexual ones 

• Like 6
Sweet Potato
23 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

Really?  tbh, that sounds kind of stupid, imo

says the male.

Shark Week, Red wave, Aunt Flos visit, mad cow disease, Blood moon, and many more.

• Like 2
Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

mad cow disease,

Haven't heard that one before. Probably because being a Brit living in Australia who can't give blood for that reason, when I hear it it's actually talking about bovine spongiform encephalitis.

Also, whilst "Aunt Flo visiting" is a gentle euphemism, referring to a female as having "Mad cow disease" is highly insulting on many fronts. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I screenshotted my phone the other day because of this weird thing I saw in a chat.

There is a player called pussy diver.

Pussy Diver says to go suck your dad's "thing" because he would like it and the person they were talking to would also.

Then I see "I am super nice just don't be an asshole".

Oh gee, I wonder who's the asshole.

I don't think I understand what relation that has to what I wrote... but yeah, what an asshole.

• Like 1
Bronztrooper
8 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

says the male.

Shark Week, Red wave, Aunt Flos visit, mad cow disease, Blood moon, and many more.

Fair enough, I guess.

I've heard Red Wave (occasionally) and Aunt Flo, but generally whenever the subject is brought up around me, it's either the passive 'time of the month', or just 'period'.  Though, with my sister, it's just her 'thing'.  Probably why I haven't heard a lot of the euphemisms about it.

Don't really see why the euphemisms should be there in the first place, but that's more of a societal thing than anything.

Years ago I had a slang dictionary. One euphemism was 'Mr X is in town'. My brother used to say, "Monkey's got a nosebleed, no show today" (organ grinder and monkey reference).