-

SteveAU

asexualityrocks
Hi

Im Steve, I havent been part of many online forums at all so please exuse me if I sound confused.

I would like to get peoples opinion on this, Im a 26 male who is attracted to guys, however im only interested in sex in group settings only(somthing I dont regularly do especially in this day in age) the thought of having sex with one person is somthing that turns me on but I seem to get turned off very easily, I would like to settle down with one person to have a real realtionship but Im not sure how the sex will be as im only interested in sex in perculiar settings that envolve groups of people - so hence I am not sure if I am asexual or simply asexual within a one on a one basis? its like im only interested in sex a very little bit etc..

Sounds more like fear of intimacy than asexuality to me. (I think you sound confused because you ARE confused!) But if your interest in sex is wishy-washy, you might find a good relationship with someone who IS asexual, as this sort of partner won't judge your sexual prowess. And that might be part of your fear of intimacy? Worries related to your ability to perform one-on-one? Just a thought...

mad_scientist
Hi

Im Steve, I havent been part of many online forums at all so please exuse me if I sound confused.

I would like to get peoples opinion on this, Im a 26 male who is attracted to guys, however im only interested in sex in group settings only(somthing I dont regularly do especially in this day in age) the thought of having sex with one person is somthing that turns me on but I seem to get turned off very easily, I would like to settle down with one person to have a real realtionship but Im not sure how the sex will be as im only interested in sex in perculiar settings that envolve groups of people - so hence I am not sure if I am asexual or simply asexual within a one on a one basis? its like im only interested in sex a very little bit etc..

Sounds more like fear of intimacy than asexuality to me. (I think you sound confused because you ARE confused!) But if your interest in sex is wishy-washy, you might find a good relationship with someone who IS asexual, as this sort of partner won't judge your sexual prowess. And that might be part of your fear of intimacy? Worries related to your ability to perform one-on-one? Just a thought...

Or he might just like group sex. This still isn't asexuality, though.

That depends. Wanting group sex out of fear of looking less of an idiot for not desiring sex as you can often elect just to be a voyeur in group sex rather than have to go through with it as you would be compelled to in one-to-one sex.

You could be asexual with a high sex drive where biologically you feel compelled to relieve your built up biological sexual tension... Tough, why in gropu sex? Have you tried masterbation but couldn't carry through with it?

You might be demi-sexual in the sense that you desire sex as an extension of showing love in a physical way but are not interested in sex for its own sake and are only doing group sex because you are still afraid of telling a lover about not desiring sex for its own sex. Groups make you more faceless particularly when sex is impersonal.

You night not be asexual but have had sexual abuse or feel embarrassed at a physical deformity or a nueral one.

The key here is to examine why you do what you do.

Too bad it's quoted in subsequent posts...

hrmm it seems the original post has disappeared

That's why it's very valuable to fully quote the original text in your reply because sometimes people change/delete their original text and your reply gets lost in translation.

metalgirl2045
That's why it's very valuable to fully quote the original text in your reply because sometimes people change/delete their original text and your reply gets lost in translation.

It's not so bad in this sort of situation where it would be very obvious even without the quotes that the original post had been changed, but I have once or twice been screwed over by replying to something which then got edited in a more subtle way that made my reply look stupid or overly agressive. Not on AVEN though.

I blanked a post on here once... but it's because I was being whiney and no one had replied yet :P

Archived