Brazilian cable tv LIVE

As I type here there is this TV show going on, almost ending on the cable channel GNT. It's called Happy Hour and they are discussing about sex. Two hosts (a man and a woman), one actor, one actress and one doctor.

It's live so it is opened to the public messages thru the Internet. The main topic was actually whether people lied about sex or not. But then this guy left a message saying he was 26 and had no sexual desire.

It was all it took for him to be flamed by this famous actor in the discussion. He was acused of not being normal, sick and with major problems. The actress kinda agreed with him. There was a doctor present and her only remark was that "a choice for celibacy is normal". But there was no word about asexuality. Again, the actor said more about his problem, taking sexual being as the norm. As the only possible behavior.

I went to their site asap and left a message, bringing the idea of asexuality but there was no response. The message system had few messages so they obviously saw mine but there was no mention to that. What give me the idea they really read it was that they had a break. When they came back, the host in charge of reading the messages brought the guy into discussion again. (No word about asexuality again) And again the "abnormal" behavior was flamed.

:mad: I got so mad.

This is sad. And the feeling of the real world outside AVEN I need to cope with.

Wow, that sucks. -_-

I hate it when people just don't understand that there are people in the world who just AREN'T like them.

As I type here there is this TV show going on, almost ending on the cable channel GNT. It's called Happy Hour and they are discussing about sex. Two hosts (a man and a woman), one actor, one actress and one doctor.

It's live so it is opened to the public messages thru the Internet. The main topic was actually whether people lied about sex or not. But then this guy left a message saying he was 26 and had no sexual desire.

It was all it took for him to be flamed by this famous actor in the discussion. He was acused of not being normal, sick and with major problems. The actress kinda agreed with him. There was a doctor present and her only remark was that "a choice for celibacy is normal". But there was no word about asexuality. Again, the actor said more about his problem, taking sexual being as the norm. As the only possible behavior.

I went to their site asap and left a message, bringing the idea of asexuality but there was no response. The message system had few messages so they obviously saw mine but there was no mention to that. What give me the idea they really read it was that they had a break. When they came back, the host in charge of reading the messages brought the guy into discussion again. (No word about asexuality again) And again the "abnormal" behavior was flamed.

:mad: I got so mad.

This is sad. And the feeling of the real world outside AVEN I need to cope with.

I know what you mean.

A while back someone posted a link to an online article/video on asexuality. Online people could post responses to it. I cut and pasted a lengthy response about how to the best of my knowledge there is no legitimate medical/psychological problem that can result in not experiencing sexual attraction and have a general disinterest/indifference to sex which for many people here tends to be lifelong.

My post was posted on the boards, but no one seemed to have absorbed a single sentence I wrote.

I honestly wish I could throw down everything I have read and looked at pertaining to sexuality/sexual orientation/asexuality/sexual dysfunction and point by point show people what the literature says.

Archived