silentcrow

silentcrow

Hello. I am Aaron, although I do not like my name much at all. I don't mind being referred to by my username. I was so delighted to find this forum; I did not expect that so many people were asexual, antisexual, and celibate. I am not asexual naturally, but I do long to be rid of sexual things from my life. I enjoy studying languages, although Arabic and French are prefered. I like to read, watch films, and listen to Belle & Sebastian, along with Coldplay. That's me.

Kombucha2000

hello and welcome to AVEN, SilentCrow! (I don't see anything wrong with the name Aaron, but I'll call you SilentCrow if you want :wink: )

I am not asexual naturally, but I do long to be rid of sexual things from my life.

well, we can't help you become asexual, but we're certainly here for support on anything.

Make yourself at home and have some cake :D :cake:

Live R Perfect

Welcome to AVEN, SilentCrow :D

So would you consider yourself to be celibate then? What makes you want to rid your life of sexual things?

Whatever you are, you are welcome to hang out here and take part in the discussions. And help yourself to as much cake as you can manage :wink:

silentcrow

Liver wrote: <Welcome to AVEN, SilentCrow

So would you consider yourself to be celibate then? What makes you want to rid your life of sexual things?>

Well, I see myself as more antisexual than celibate, because celibacy has a religious connotation, and I'm not at a point where I consider myself religious enough to practise celibacy for God. I have read up on some antisexual material, and I agree with a lot of it. I see sex as deified in my culture, all for just a brief euphoria. I see pursuing sex as too much of a hassle. Also, constantly pursuing sex can easily lead to heartbreak, which is not needed in my life right now. I also enjoy solitude, which doesn't mean that I don't need friends, of course, but I believe I can live my life without sex.

Hi Silent Crow,

and welcome to AVEN.

Hmmm, my first welcome post to you vanished. Darn.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I really like your user name. I am sort of partial to crows since I had one as a pet for many years.

Our definition of celibate here at AVEN does not really involve religion. It is a term we use to describe abstinence (for whatever reason) DESPITE desire.

Asexuality is simply LACK of desire to have sex with a person.

Antisexuality ... I'm not so sure. I guess that would be actual hostility toward sex?

There ARE a few members here who might be considered anti-sexual.

-Greybird

silentcrow

Greybird wrote: <Our definition of celibate here at AVEN does not really involve religion. It is a term we use to describe abstinence (for whatever reason) DESPITE desire.>

Yes, then; I suppose I am celibate. I have a low sex drive, but do want to be abstinent for various reasons. And although all antisexuals are not hostile towards sexuals, many want to make people lose interest in it. At a Russian antisexual site, I found this in the FAQ, asking about asexualism: Q. "Maybe you have special physiology that you have no desire for sex?" A. "No, quite ordinary. Many of us had to overcome lust at some point. With success." But I suppose that I fit the celibate definition moreso than the antisexual.

howdy SilentCrow :)

*tries to remember some Arabic*...

'marhaban illa AVEN!'

I wonder what is the word for celibate or asexual in Arabic?

Glad your here, sit a spell and enjoy.

Do you have a favorite Coldplay song?

Take care,

Salaam!

laura

silentcrow

laura wrote:<I wonder what is the word for celibate or asexual in Arabic?>

I'm not sure. I don't know very much Arabic; I am studying right now, but have no luck in finding a teacher, only books.

<Do you have a favorite Coldplay song?>

Not really. I like many of them.

silentcrow

Tanzabus wrote:<What does your Avatar say?>

It says "salaam," which means "peace" in Arabic.

Live R Perfect

Hey SilentCrow, you can quote someone else more easily by simply clicking on the 'quote' button in the top right corner of their post.

And then you can edit out the bits you're not interested in :wink:

Hello SilentCrow. Good to see you. I'll go on the bandwagon who also said they like the name Aaron, too but will of course use your username. Ummm, I was going to ask what the word was, someone else asked that so I'll just shove another piece of cake your way. It's any flavour you want! :cake:

borrowedTime

Welcome, SilentCrow!

I totally understand your wish not to be sexual. I share many of the same feelings, including enjoying solitude, and I don't exactly identify as asexual - so you're not alone.

Oh, and I just ADORE 'Sleep the Clock Around'!

Umm, you don't have 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress', do you? Is it worth getting?

silentcrow

borrowedTime wrote:<Umm, you don't have 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress', do you? Is it worth getting?>

Sorry, I don't have it. But my brother does. He is not here now, though, so I can't tell you. I've only heard two songs from it, and they were good. (If She Wants Me + Step Into My Office, Baby.)

Though my crow buddies which I feed every day tend to be far from silent when hungry).[/size]

[/size]

Tanzabus, I love crows as well! :) I try to feed them, but they do not seem interested in food like the pigeons, and seagulls are. I tried to feed them bread. Is it that they do not like bread, or just that they do not go near people like the pigeons and gulls do? What kinds of food do crows like?
silentcrow

Oh, um...after reading some more into this site, I have decided that I may actually be type C asexual. Or maybe celibate. Who knows. :?

Vicious Trollop

Exploration is good! It's not about the label, it's about figuring out what's right for you. Best of luck working through all the possibilities.

fluffy_hime

Welcome Crow!

Hey Naissur...your sig image is very distracting, and I don't think some here would appreciate being bombarded with the image of two people kissing. :shock:

I am studying right now, but have no luck in finding a teacher, only books.

Cool. Well if you find out such a word, feel free to let me know. :) I studied Arabic for 2 semesters in college. A very lovely language. Good luck finding a teacher!

laura

Sorry for the late welcome....BUT WELCOME!

And now....for...the...dance...

*Does the WoMBaT Dance*

We got another one! We got another one!

This guys so asexy, My heart has gotten slow,

Welcome the type c asexual wonder, SilentCrow!

BOOOYA!

Welcome! :wink:

Archived