What formerly AVEN-recognized Asexuality type?

Kaisharga

Hey! I'm:  

1. 1.

• Type A: Drive yes, Attraction no--Sex is good, but why do I need another person?
    • Type B: Drive no, Attraction yes--I bond intimately with others, but keep the pants on please
    • Type C: Drive yes, Attraction yes--Sex is fun, and I 'click' with other people, but the two parts are like apples and oranges, minus the citrus.
    • Type D: Drive no, Attraction no--No real need for other people at all, and by all means why would I want to do *that?*
    • Stop trying to pigeonhole me, you insensitive bastard! ;o;

This poll is closed to new votes

I apologize if this thread has already been done, but I did not see one on the first page, and reasoned that thus it may indeed be time for a fresh count, such as it were.

So! Which is it?

[Thread name edited by bored and smartassed mod]

Live R Perfect

I would consider myself to be in the range of B. I definitely have very little, if any, sex drive, but I do find myself aesthetically and mentally attracted to women occasionally.

I'm a type B now, though I was a type C earlier, in that . . . just never with a person :oops: anyway . . .

oh, meant to add that I chose "don't pigeon-hole me'. I'm that one shape that really don't fit anywhere.

I went for the pigeon hole. Not only am I too lazy to think about it but it doesn't matter to me and I'll never remember where I fit.

Blue_Liminality

I'm around a type B. I may find people aesthetically pleasing, but I would never sleep with them.

B-ish, for the most part, with possible shades of D ... maybe.

I can and do become very attached to some people emotionally, but not to the degree that I believe some people experience. I need a lot of solitude in order to keep my sanity, such as it is.

Stop laughing!! I HEARD that comment ... !!

-Greybird

wednesday's child

I voted for D, but I don't know that I like the included description of "no need for people at all"... I still like to make friends.

Cate Perfect

I said D. Because In my head I have relationships, but in reality I just want everyone to leave me alone. I'm like you, Gorax. I make friends really slowly. And I get offended if someone says we're friends when I don't think we've known one another long enough. Me: 'B-but...we've only known one another for...three years. That's not NEARLY long enough.'

In school one of our English teachers said out of the class I would be most comfortable in solitary confinement and I thought, 'Yes, PLEASE.' I still have those fantasies of going away and never seeing another person again. Email and letters are fine.

Cate

Vicious Trollop

I picked C, because a limited drive is definitely there, but the attraction might be questionable, so maybe I'm more A. Eh. I'm always keeping my eyes open, but I don't feel any need for a 'special' relationship with another, and generally I feel exactly like what Cate wrote:

In my head I have relationships, but in reality I just want everyone to leave me alone.

Although in my head, other people have relationships, but for simplicity's sake.

Dang. Too bad it's too late for me to rewrite that Type D descriptor, because that was really dumb to say 'don't need people at all.' Pretend I put something intelligent in there instead of something half-sleepily written.

Solid C-range, by the way. It appears I am a rarity among the rarities.

Actually, there's probably more Cs than you think, but due to the complexities of their feelings they tend to pick the "don't pigeonhole" option.

I was thinking the same thing, Tressa.

I've experienced feelings within the C RANGE *ahem* but I choose not to pigeonhole myself.

Because there are no types.

D.

I'd never have guessed.

Sorry, feeding.

I thought I'd responded to this thread, but I guess it was another one. I identify as B - I think the best I've seen it described on AVEN was by the two-time poster 'sloppycoder', who wrote, in Morbid's "Asexually Horny." thread:

i think i do experience this kind of emotion, for me its like it takes someone very special to trigger it, so has only happened once or twice that i can recall in the last year.

for example i had been talking to a girl who was an aquaintance at the beginning of the night, and a good friend (i think Smile) by the end of it. once i got home i couldent get my mind of her for even a minute, could hardly sit down. i was just yearning to be around her, hold her and talk pretty much for the rest of time! this feeling gradually subsided over the next two or three days.

So. That's it for me. And as I said in another thread (the one I thought was this), after a piece of the foregoing quote:

That's it, for me, I think. Except non-gender-specific, and hold the holding if you want. (If you leave in the holding, it pretty much has to be female, I think. Just my preference.*) Friendship++. As for frequency, I'd like to be able to see Ye Olde Imaginairie Persone once every few (two? Three?) days, to chat, laugh, and maybe a little holding (see above.) No sex, of course :D

*I have no problem with contact with males, even prolonged contact, but as far as 'romantic' contact is concerned.. I'll take a female, if you've got one. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Type B, definitely. I do have some D tendencies on occasion, but I lean towards B way more.

Archived