Pamphlets R Us

AVENguy

<Static>

<Drab>

Welcome to the asexual pamphlet emporium, the one stop for all of your asexual pamphleteering needs.

We would like to direct shoppers to aisle 4, where our new shipment of 5000 AVEN pamphlets is on sale for $free.00 plus shipping or something.

pamphletfront.jpg

pamphletback.jpg

To place your order, please e-mail webmaster@asexuality.org with your name, screenname, address and the number of pamphlets in your order. We encourage customers to use the pamphlet emporium to discuss pamphlets they may be ordering and to recount their pamphleteering adventures. At Asexual Pamphlet Emporium, Asexy is a Fistfull of Pamphlets

<No>

SUPERTHANKS to all the folks who donated to make this possible!! I’m gonna start taking orders now, the pamphlets should be arriving sometime next week, then I’m gonna have a folding party with my friends and ship them out.

WAHOO!! I've sent a notice to UConn's Queers United Against Discrimination group, so maybe we'll be ordering some literature for our cultural center by the time fall semester rolls around.

Yay!

Live R Perfect

Woohoo! :D Well, I'm definitely gonna need a whole bunch to distribute around some of the LGBT organisations in the UK that have responded positively to my spamming! Hmmm... what would a reasonable quantity be? Say, 200? I'm not sure...

bard of aven

Hey, don't you look coy!

Nice work. Many thanks. My order is in the email.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

that's awesome! thanks for all your hard work, DJ!

Kate

wednesday's child

There'll be some left by September, right? I want to order 100 or so for my campus queer group, but I don't really want to have them sent home (where I am now) for my parents to paw through. =_=

• 2 weeks later...

I've been collecting orders in a file, I'll worry about getting back to you when they get in (hopefully tomorrow!!) Wednesday, there definitely should be some in september (we got 5000.)

AVENGuy,

I know that you must be inundated with emails responding to the pamphlet.

I sent one requesting 100 pamphlets, but your mailbox was full.

You have probably already heard about this, but I just thought I'd drop you a line.

AVENguy: I would like to distribute pamplets, but need to know where would be the best places to distribute them. Another thing I was wondering, I cannot send e-mail out because of some kind of glitch in the system, so could I send a private message of how many pamplets to order?

VivreEstEsperer

Oooh...I totally didn't think when I agreed to have my face on the pamphlet that anyone I knew or might know would actually see the pamphlets. I didn't think they'd be distributed anywhere I live, here or in Baltimore, because I thought I was the only person in either of those areas... I forgot about you, juni!

Well, I can't very well say don't distribute them because that would be just silly, but ... it seems that the places where it would make most sense to have them would be places like Outright, Equality Maine (formerly maine lesbian gay political alliance), the Community Mental Health Center or whatever that place is called, Maine SpeakOut, and the other queer organizations in Portland.

Buffyrocksmyworld

junie99: Hey I know you didn't ask me and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds being a newbie and all but I thought I'd give you my idea for distributing the pamphlets.

I got in contact with the Gay/Lesbian/Queer group in my area (found it through google) and talked to them about raising awareness of asexuality through things like these pamphlets. They were really nice and very willing to help.

Groups like these often have activities and things for other people than Gay/Lesbian/Queer and so our message would be spread to more than just the rest of the queer community.

Just a suggestion. Hope that helps.

VivreEstEsperer

Hey Buffy...the girl in your avatar looks so familiar....who is she?

you're joking right?

You don't know who that is on avatar? She even gave you the clue - Buffy!!!!!!!

The girl is an actress and I know her from Buffy but she also played in movies like all three "American Pies"

I guess you don't watch tv as much as some of us. I'm a big Buffy fun. :P

wednesday's child

Yeah, that's Alyson Hannigan, aka Buffy's Willow Rosenberg, and.... uh... whatever the name of that girl in American Pie is. I never watched those.

Buffyrocksmyworld

Hey Kamikola,

Where in NJ are you from? And also...very cool to meet another Buffy fan.

-Audrey

Cate Perfect

But Willow is the beeeeeeeeeest. :D *pats your av*

Cate

Buffyrocksmyworld

Yeah Willow rocks my world too. I can't choose a favorite though cause I like everyone (except Riley and Angel when he is anywhere in the vicinity of Buffy.)

There seem to be a lot of Buffy fans here. So this forum is doubly good. Really glad I joined.

About my avatar. I think it describes me perfectly but sadly I don't have the talent to make things like that myself. It was made by a hardcore Buffy fan who goes by the name of mrmonkeybottoms. She doesn't ask for credit when you use them but I thought I would be nice. Doesn't happen very often. :twisted:

-Audrey

They're still getting folded- harder than I thought w/ my crazy political work schedule. Feel free to PM me orders, expect them to be shipped out next week.

I'm not sure whether or not this might be applicable, but many self-publishing places (Kinko's and the like) have nifty little machines that can take a sinlge sheet of paper and fold it into thirds with just a crank of the handle. You can go through thousands in minutes. Of course, you might already know this, but I have visions of you hunched over a desk with two reams of pamphlets and a ruler trying to get the crease ...just ... right. :lol:

VivreEstEsperer

Nope...don't watch that stuff, Maria. :)

I've seen Buffy once , I didn't think that was she I guess. always pictured Buffy as more dark and gloomy , since she has to catch vampires and all....

(i think?)

Live R Perfect

Erm... wouldn't it be much easier for you to just send us the pamphlets flat and let us do our own folding, AVENguy? I thought that was the plan anyway...

Silly Green Monkey

I would like a hundred pamphlets at the beginning of September, when classes (and clubs) take up again.

Liver- shipping might be easier, but it takes a good while to do all that folding. Right now I have a little under 2000 folded, so I'll send them out sometime this week.

-DJ

• 4 weeks later...
Live R Perfect

WOOHOOO!! :D

Guess what I found waiting for me in the hall when I got home tonight?

Yes! Fucking hundreds of AVEN pamphlets!! :mrgreen:

Thanks AVENguy! :wink:

As soon as I am not so ridiculously busy (hopefully next week) I can start mailing them out to all those great LGBT organisations who showed some interest :D

• 2 weeks later...

I gave a handful to my multicultural advisor, and she was going to pass them out to the other MAs on campus. I still need to meet with the GSA, I guess, and go to the GLBT center (though those places always make me feel exceptionally excluded).

Unfortunately, the pamphlets have sparked some awkward conversations with my roommates. Fortunately, once visibility is up, such conversations might cease to exist!!

Yay for pamphlets!!

• 3 weeks later...

Mwahahahaha

*steals some from liver*

Now to get the nerves to leave them places ;)

I shall of course be sending my parents some.

Sort of like subtle hint.

I also have friends who can leave them about. Beauty parlours, Student Union, schools etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Live R Perfect

I actually still have a coule of dozen of these leaflets left here (more than I thought) if anyone in the UK wants me to post them out? :)

Archived