Advanced Curmudgeon classes here. No youngsters aloud!

KAGU143

*returns transAtlantic hugs*

Luv the av...it's how I feel most of the time...:lol:

This is Curmudgeons! Ve don't "hugs" and "luv" here!

(said in best Siegfried voice)

We can if want...confuses the heck out of everyone :P

Sorry, watching too much Get Smart lately (got myself the boxed set). :lol:

You're right, we do as we da^n well please, thank you very much!

Tiger wakes up for a minute and does curmudgeon act. Or maybe she's just yawning.

tiger-2.jpg

Then age overcomes her and it's back to sleep, where she dreams about tasty people encountered in the forest, especially people who PISSED HER OFF....uh, annoyed her. Chomp slurp.

bengal-tiger-sleeping.jpg

• 1 month later...

Need to start curmudgeoning NOW since Tan implied, on Philip's 60th birthday thread, that 60 year olds are allowed to curmudgeon, and I've got three years to go.

On the other hand I've been reading this thread and it seems to me youngsters have been curmudgeoning (aloud) at regular intervals anyway.

On the other, other hand my avatar manages to be curmudgeonly all by herself without further assistance from me, as well as being another Terry Pratchett reference (Granny Weatherwax). Which is just as well because I can't think of anything to be curmudgeonly about at the moment.

Working on it...

There's no reason why curmudgeons can't be playful, too!

funny-pictures-improved-yarnball-ha.jpg

-GB

That is REALLY scary to me for some reason, even though I know there's some techno-ledgerdemain involved and that poor guy isn't REALLY in that ball with three tigers slavering at him. :unsure:

Welcome to the thread, CBC. You need not be nice here. In fact, if you are, we'll laugh at you, roar at you, and then chase you (or whatever dragons do). :lol: (We will visit you on other AVEN threads, though, because we really wuv you. :wub: )

OK, back to being curmudgeonly. rrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

tigerroll.jpg

Whilst not ordinarily in favour of 'LOL cats' in a Curmudgeon Thread ...

I do think this is apt ...

funny-pictures-tiger-does-not-appreciate-being-called-kitty.jpg

You should stop drinking that weird beer, Shaggy.

polar-bear-tongue.jpg

I go into restaurant alone. Server sits me right next to the kitchen although there are small tables available in other sections of the room.

OK, I don't have a response here. What would all of you say? Curmudgeonly, not just politely asking for another table. Maybe this isn't an occasion for a retort if you don't want to get something icky in your soup. But this has happened to me and other women and we don't see it happening to men.

How about..."Why are you putting me at this table? Am I going to be cooking my own food?"

I hate being seated next to the kitchen. :angry:

I go into restaurant alone. Server sits me right next to the kitchen although there are small tables available in other sections of the room.

OK, I don't have a response here. What would all of you say? Curmudgeonly, not just politely asking for another table. Maybe this isn't an occasion for a retort if you don't want to get something icky in your soup. But this has happened to me and other women and we don't see it happening to men.

I'm a man and I've had it happen to me. But generally I don't go out to eat alone if I can help it. I don't mind going to a movie alone, but to a restaurant... maybe if I could give the impression I'm a food critic? :lol:

Archived