Would you tell your story to a women's magazine?

features282

reptilelover
A friend of mine nearly had serious troubles with his job because sensationalist press reported what they wanted to say rather than what he actually said. I'm just trying to protect forum members who have never dealt with the press (I'm guessing that includes you)

I have dealt with the press, and I'm not incapable of figuring out the likelihood of unfair play, thank you. I know what can happen, and I'm sure most people are smart enough to realise this as well. It's all very well to want to 'protect' people, but that's no reason for people be rude to others in the process. I wasn't actually referring to your comments, in any case.

Please, do tell then who was rude (quotes please), and why, in particular, do you think what they said was rude in the first place? Because, having read through the comments so far, I haven’t seen anything that could qualify as “rude” (cynical yes, rude no) addressed to the original poster so far.

Regardless of comments and original topic content, I am wary of any professional that gives a Hotmail email address. They would typically give a name(at)company(dot)com/co.uk etc. address. Therefore, be suspicious indeed, but not rude. If it's merely a hoax they'll go away. If they're honest then they'll give a company contact in due time.

A friend of mine nearly had serious troubles with his job because sensationalist press reported what they wanted to say rather than what he actually said. I'm just trying to protect forum members who have never dealt with the press (I'm guessing that includes you)

I have dealt with the press, and I'm not incapable of figuring out the likelihood of unfair play, thank you. I know what can happen, and I'm sure most people are smart enough to realise this as well. It's all very well to want to 'protect' people, but that's no reason for people be rude to others in the process. I wasn't actually referring to your comments, in any case.

Please, do tell then who was rude (quotes please), and why, in particular, do you think what they said was rude in the first place? Because, having read through the comments so far, I haven’t seen anything that could qualify as “rude” (cynical yes, rude no) addressed to the original poster so far.

I agree. I've read through the posts, and while many, including mine, could be classed as cynical, I haven't seen any rude ones, either. I'd be interested to know whose posts qualified as such, in your view.

Archived