NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

Amputation Defenestration

I put pan. It's a recent identification, though.

I find it interesting that almost 2/3 of AVEN's members identify as something other than hetero-romantic.

As Spock would say, "Fascinating."

-GB

• 2 weeks later...
Born of Star Dust

I answered "Hetero-Romantic." Though, I think I should mention that although I am interested in a "romantic" relationship, this doesn't mean that I value less my non-romantic relationships such as those with friends and family members. I think that although there are "romantic" impulses in the brain (basically the same impulses that trigger with drug addictions and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), and although I would really like a romantic relationship with a male, I wouldn't want it to necessarily be the dominate relationship in my life. I love my friends, and I would hope that if I started dating someone (though that seems unlikely) that they would not suddenly dissipate in importance... So although I am Hetero-Romantic, I am Pan-friendship. I want friends of all shapes, sizes, and species.

I put homo-romantic. Though I have a stupid question: does aromantic mean that you are only attracted to other asexuals or that you are not attracted to anyone romantically?

Aromantic means that you're not attracted to anyone romantically.

I chose 'aromantic', though I'm not entirely sure if I'm that or heteroromantic.

• 2 weeks later...

Most definitely heteroromantic. :blush: I have a real weakness for pretty men...

Interesting; pretty much like me then. Save I could easily for a male gendered woman or an FtM which is why I added bi-romantic to the hetero-romantic because I'm drawn to maleness whether it is in a man's or a woman's body; heck even neutrois's body...

Aromantic here - seemingly a fifth of the those who have voted at the time of this posting.

I put bi-romantic because I have never experienced romantic feelings for someone who didn't fit in either gender, but I'm not against the idea, I just haven't experienced it

@EasyGoing: YOUR ICON.

Voted other, for convoluted reasons. Like someone upthread, I seem to be attracted to the male gender and/or more masculine features, which I've tended to find more in physical males than physical females. Myself I'm female sex and male/neutral gender. So, heterosex-/homogender-romantic? Aii, the confusion!

I wonder why heteroromantic is the most common - not that I can talk because that's what i am too

bored and sick, so posting.

panaesthete in everything (meaning i find individuals of any and every gender aesthetically attractive, regardless of romantic proclivities); panromantic in theory (meaning i would never let gender or lack thereof close me off to the possibility of a relationship); gyneromantic in reality (meaning the only people i actually am attracted to always seem to be female); and Serafine-romantic in practice (meaning i have found the one person who makes me swoon more than anyone else in the world, and since i've hit the jackpot, i feel no need to look any further ever again).

there. that pretty much covers it.

I'm a hetero demi-romantic ace. So go through aromantic and romantic phases. I have more aromantic phases compared to romantic ones though.

• 1 month later...

Polyromantic here [: Not panromantic simply because I'm open to triad relationships and such say if I had a sexual partner and they had another sexual partner, that wouldn't bother me as long as we were open with one another [:

I find it interesting that almost 2/3 of AVEN's members identify as something other than hetero-romantic.

As Spock would say, "Fascinating." -GB

certianly with this thread and others.. when some one says I am asexual and the uninformed says so your gay then? they might be two thirds right?

definatly fascinating

I'm poly romantic because I don't believe in gender-binary but I'm not gender blind (IE panromantic). Also, not poly as in polyamorous.

Member of the 1/3... Heteroromants

I'd say hetero romantic, sometimes I feel like I could lean towards aromantic.

• 2 weeks later...

Um...

Open hetero-grey-aromantic?

Something like that.

AnyOtherName

I honestly don't know. I lean towards men, but the fact that I'm not sexually attracted to either/any gender makes me feel that I should keep an open mind. But the fact that I occasionally find women attractive doesn't mean I would date one; sometimes I think I wouldn't mind, sometimes I think I would. I'm not about to date a woman just for the sake of finding out (that would be incredibly unfair to her), so until I develop an unmistakable crush on one I'm probably going to keep wondering.

Does "questioning" fall under the "other" category? :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Vampyremage

I chose panromantic. I see aesthetic beauty across the gender spectrum and could potentially see myself in a romantic relationship with any category of person across the gender spectrum.

Hetero~

Archived