NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

HavenHamilton

leaning a little towards grey or demi at the moment . . .

EDIT: D'oh! I feel like i shoulda said 'changing'. I'ts kinda fluid at the moment. How many even said 'changing'? Could someone who said 'changing' explain what it feels like to me? I think that is how I should have answered.

• 2 weeks later...
ignoranceisn'tbliss

Greyromantic. As for the gender of the attraction: in theory it's pan, but so far the few I've felt attraction for are female. I'd be fine without a relationship at all though...

5_♦♣

I think I voted Biromantic. Though now I'm questioning whether I'm really Biromantic, or if, in fact, I'm Panromantic.

Hetro, I just don't get girls. Friends are all guys and I would like to be in a relationship with a guy.

• 2 weeks later...
nolongeronaven

I'm bi-romantic. I have crushes on girls and guys... but I never have sexual feelings. I'd just really enjoy being in a more-than-best-friends kind of relationship. I'm male so I've wondered how I could possibly have these kinds of feelings for guys... but I do sometimes.

Nathan Blair

It's changing. Each person makes me feel different, and I'm attracted to each one differently. Sometimes platonically, sometimes romantically, sometimes sensually, sometimes sensually with a bit of a sexual tone, but never anything more sexual than that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
abandoned account

I picked "other" for lack of a better term. I'm hetero, but only attracted to fictional characters, usually anime/videogame characters, many of which aren't even human. I don't know if there's a term for that, I just call myself "grayromantic." :rolleyes:

orangeisthenewiloveyou

i voted "other," but i'm generally (or, in the past, have had the most experience with feeling) heteroromantic.

Gray-romantic, demi-romantic, or both towards men. Fully romantic and Gray-A towards women.

5_♦♣

It's too bad that one can only vote once, as I have since realized that I'm sapioromantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Voted panromantic because the way I feel about someone really depends on who they are. I'm not romantically attracted to people just because they're male or female, or anything in between. It's just about who they are.

Ok, I voted but now I think I didn't pick the most appropriate one. Anyway, instead of giving you a label, I'll just tell you my situation. Once the divorce is final (i'm a woman currently married to a man, but the marriage has been basically dead for years ... we just stayed together for our kids, but we finally realized that our misery wasn't helping the kids anyway), I'm planning on staying basically "relationship-less" for a while. I want to focus on my kids and focus on me. This marriage was the grand finale of a long set of epicly failed relationships, so I need some time to just get away from it all and do some healing. Then, when I'm ready to pursue a relationship of some sort, I could see that I could possibly have romantic (but not sexual) feelings for a man, but I just don't want to be in a relationship with one. My dream situation is to find a kind-hearted, loving woman to share my life with. Forgive me if I'm just getting myself needlessly hung up in semantics, but I'm not looking for an asexual lesbian relationship, but instead something more along the lines of a "romantic friendship." (You can google it if your not familiar with the term; there's some good info out there.) Anyway, in my dream situation, she and I would hold hands as we take long strolls to smell the dirt and the grass and the trees around us and listen to the birds and the bugs and the tree frogs and watch the way the sunlight caresses the earth. We would eat French food and rose-flavored lokum in a house that smells like lavender and patchouli. And I would frequently buy her flowers and chocolate-covered strawberries. (If you read my answer in that thread about things that are better than sex, you probably remember seeing a lot of these things there, too.) Anyway, that's me.

• 3 weeks later...

I said "changing" because I am struggling so badly trying to figure this out. AGGHHH!!!!

I've never really thought of myself as hetero or homo, but I keep going back and forth between bi and a. Of course, I've never been in a relationship...soooooooo...maybe once I have one of those I'll be a tad closer to figuring out this conundrum.

For a while now, I've been leaning towards biromantic, but talk to me in a few months and I could be back to aromantic -- who knows! :wacko: lol

Archived