NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

Originally I was going to vote for panromantic, but then I looked up all the sexuality definitions and I decided that I was most likely demisexual, so I voted for 'other.' Even though I guess I still have a lack of attraction, but.. yeah ^^;

I voted hetero-romantic because if I can only imagine myself in a romantic relationship with a woman but to be honest I don't care or want a romantic relationship at all! So I guess that makes me more hetero-romantic...

Professor T. Pollution

I voted other. I am mostly a-romantic, but somewhat homo-romantic, and a tiny bit hetero-romantic. If I am romantically attracted to someone, they're probably a [girly] male, but can also be female or anything else. I'm actually mostly romantically attracted to androgynous/neutrois people, and generally those who are either gender-neutral or male-gendered.

But yeah, mostly a-romantic.

Hetero. I can't imagine being involved romantically with a guy, it's just weird lol.

I answered "Changing" because I'm confused. :huh:

I'm a combination of bi-pan- and aromantic. I think. :wacko:

Lord Dandylion

I chose other because I cannot seem to find myself attracted to people, so for a while I wondered whether I wasn't aromantic... but I want to be a romantic and I HAVE fallen for someone of the opposite sex. This seemed to be a fluke though. I guess I just don't know. Panromantic seems to make the most sense, logically, but that's just the way I think, and I have no evidence to say that I am or am not ... any of these.

voted panromantic

me too

guess this is I can become romantic when I know a person very well.

Am I right? :huh:

I voted aromantic since I have, so far, experienced no romantic attraction towards any other person. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I would be romantically attracted to other neutrois people. Since I'm the only neutrois I know (outside of the internet), that theory has never really been put to the test :P

I voted "changing" -- I fluctuate between homo-romantic and bi-romantic. I can be more romantic or less romantic, but I don't identify as aromantic even at the low points.

TheyWhoShallNotBeNamed

Panromantic, though I've only actually been in hetero relationships thus far

Homo-romantic.

which led me to believe, when i was a virgin, that i was a lesbian :huh:

Badger Power

I voted other, though I'm very close to aromantic. Other people's romance makes me vomit, but my own is okay... though I'm no good at the whole romance thing anyway.

I voted other because I'm on the I-just-don't-care bandwagon. I feel attracted to men but saying that I'm hetero-romantic feels off, saying I'm homo-romantic feels better but makes little sense in corelation to my gender. That and at the moment I don't want a relationship as I'm not ready and have sort of an aromantic mindset.

• 2 weeks later...
Ace of Swords

Pan-romantic.

• 2 weeks later...
Member33070

I identify as heteroromantic, but am definitely pan-emotional - I can form deep bonding relationships with anyone. I just can't imagine romance with them. Maybe given the opportunity I could be panromantic. I think I'm a questioning romantic then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Struggling Bee

Voted 'other'.

I consider myself more a-romantic then anything else... but I guess you could say I'm a little (homo-leaning?)bi/pan-romantic.

I like hugs- very, very much- and being physically affectionate/close with friends to the point where I feel a little awkward about it, because it's normally a couple-thing. I don't understand the distinction between romantic and platonic love, however, and don't desire an exclusive relationship with anyone... So I guess it could be a weird desire for an open/polyamorous romantic relationship, but as I don't understand the difference between romantic and platonic... -shrugs- Like... those relationships with friends were people would go 'Aren't you two dating?!" are the kind I daydream about. I really don't know what to make of that, on any spectrum. So 'other' it is. : )

Some maybe would classify me as homoromantic but

I voted other .

I am mostly attracted to women offcourse but I also have some crushes on gay men and since in termes of gender I dont consider myself female but more of genderless/neutrois how can this be homoromantic?

I identify as heteroromantic, but am definitely pan-emotional - I can form deep bonding relationships with anyone. I just can't imagine romance with them. Maybe given the opportunity I could be panromantic. I think I'm a questioning romantic then.

Hi! so - what is the difference between romatic and emotional? What then, is romance? If you can explain this to me I will be really grateful, I am actually very confused! Thank you!

Also - as my response to the poll -

I voted panromantic but actually identify as panromantic polyromantic but I am not sure if I am really pan-Aromantic

I cannot do conventional relationships

The "asexual perspectives" article "Confessions of an asexual slut" describe me perfectly.

I have many friendships that are very intellectually deep and involve a lot of nonsexual touching. These often cease when the other person acquires a boyfriend/girlfriend as I am sure all of my friends are sexual. It doesn't really bother me though because as soon as their relationships end, we start hanging out again, and I form these sorts of friendships easily.

I frequently have friends sleep over, give them massages, cuddle, hold hands with them - not really romantically though, which is sometimes confusing to me. I can kiss people [and often do! :)] but it is not sexual for me - it is more like a "friend thing", I don't want it to progress beyond that. Unfortunately this confuses other people who want to be the only person I kiss [want an exclusive relationship with me] but I cannot let that happen - it suffocates me! I have to explain the way I am to them and often they do not comprehend and we cease to be friends because of our differences.

Do other people experience this?

~ "6"

• 2 weeks later...

Demiromantic. I'm indifferent about whether I have a meaningful romantic relationship at any time in my life (ie, I wouldn't mind dying without ever getting married or the like), but sometime in the future, I'd like a very "best matey" kind of relationship. I wouldn't go out looking for romance though.

If I had to choose a more conventional label, I'd choose aromantic. I voted Other though. :)

I'm kinda half way between a and hetero-romantic. I've only had a crush on two girls and I've never really felt an urge to act on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived