NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
Paradise_Paradise

Most definitely heteroromantic. :blush: I have a real weakness for pretty men...

I voted A-romantic :)

But i'm still not 100% sure. I develop "crushes" for want of a better word, something like, err, hero-worship I suppose, i'll get the butterflies and stuff but I don't want anything romantic with them, physically or emotionally.

However, I am aesthetically drawn to all people, so i'd define myself as pan-aesthetic and I guess I could develop an aromantic crush on anyone (although so far its only happened with males and one female friend)

I could become romantically envolved with a male, but it's not something i'd seek out, and i'd rather avoid it :)

So I guess i'd define myself as: Aromantic, Pan-aesthetic, but over all hetro asexaul :wacko: Cor! What a mouth full!

So yeah, aromantic :P

Bi. I wouldn't mind being in a relationship romantically with a person of either gender.

• 2 weeks later...
theflyingclubcup

I chose other. I've only ever been romantically attracted to a few guys, but I'm aesthetically to everyone. I actually tend to prefer girls aesthetically. They are prettier...

So I made up the completely ridiculous "orientation" panaestheticdemiandroromantic! XD

Ninny: Panaesthetic! XD That's my word! I coined a term...

I put "changing" because I'm really uncertain. I didn;t learn about asexuality until after I was in a serious hetero relationship. I may very well be bi but I won't know for certain until I test it. Until this relationship ends, there will be no testing. So basically I dunno.

I'm Bi romantic, but I strongly prefer girls, so I'm kinda closer to homo romantic.

I voted "changing". I'm female and before I first heard about asexuality I considered myself heterosexual. I've also never been in love with a woman, but I don't I don't know; sometimes it doesn't seem impossible that I might have an homo-romantic asexual relationship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I answered hetero-romantic, but I don't think I'm actually romantic enough to be consider as so. I get fleeting interests in people but no solid emotion into having a solid relationship or sexual occurrences. I usually tire of them once I get to know them, that is before I even date them. which I rarely do.

Maybe I'm an aromantic who can appreciate people and the "what if."

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that's a complicated question. I voted panromantic.

Then again, I've only gone on dates with men, and the only relationship I've been in is with a man (a pretty gay one, but a man none the less). Until - ironically - my SO began joking around "maybe you're really a lesbian" did I ever consider it. I've always assumed I was straight, probably because my family is very conservative in that realm. Now I overpsychologize my thoughts towards women. :P My conclusion so far is that I tend to be attracted to feminine guys and masculine girls. The line became even further blurred when I started identifying as agender - would saying I'm heteroromantic mean I'm attracted to men, because I'm biologically female, or other agenders?

:/ Feel free to share your opinions.

ravenofroses
I voted A-romantic :)

But i'm still not 100% sure. I develop "crushes" for want of a better word, something like, err, hero-worship I suppose, i'll get the butterflies and stuff but I don't want anything romantic with them, physically or emotionally.

However, I am aesthetically drawn to all people, so i'd define myself as pan-aesthetic and I guess I could develop an aromantic crush on anyone (although so far its only happened with males and one female friend)

it is much the same with me. i dislike people in general and would not want to be romantically involved with anyone on any level, but i have a deep appreciation for aesthetics. this creates more than a few problems when i am dealing with others, cos of course, my being attracted to pretty people must mean i want to sleep with them, right? bah. anyway, pan-aesthetic sounds well enough. i do quite enjoy watching elegant people move...

I voted hetero-romantic.

Except I'm not all that romantic, and I definitely wouldn't kick Angelina Jolie out of my bed. :lol:

Min Farshaw

I used to consider myself bi, but since exploring some of the terms, panromantic would be a better fit. I tend to find women more aesthetically attractive, but sex/gender is much less important to me than personality.

I'm homo-romantic.

Interesting to see how our romantic orientations amongst us compare to the variation is sexualities as a whole...

98slbrookes98

Homo romantic. I've always thought of myself as romantically in the man's role (going down on one knee, giving the flowers, kissing women on the lips etc) though I've not yet been in a relationship. I've never been able to think of men romantically thus far and the term "boyfriend" has always felt weird in appliccation to me while when I imagine saying "This is my girlfriend" it feels right.

Elliott Ford

Apparently i voted other all those weeks ago...

But since then i've come to a realisation - I'M STRAIGHT!!!

After all these years fussing about my orientation, it turns out that i'm straight, like everyone wanted me to me. Except... they didn't think i was a boy :) I'm NOT a lesbian - i'm a straight man.

I have said to someone "I'm not a lesbian and my girlfriend isn't either" I love the fact that this is true.

BUT, and here's the real turning point, i had to realise that my identity isn't the sum of the people i'm in relationships with or have been attracted to. I've been attracted to a couple of men? Doesn't mean i'm not straight. My partner who i love more than anyone on this Earth is genderless? Doesn't change the fact that i'm a man with a strong and persistent tendency to be attracted to women. I have a gender preference but that's all it is a preference. Not a definitive description of the gender of every single person that i'm capable of being attracted to. Even the fact that i tend not to be attracted to hetero women doesn't change the fact that i am attracted to female people regardless of physical sex. Yeah, i'm still kinda queer but i'm straight.

And i love the fact that i felt the need to come out of the closet about being straight :)

I have a gender preference but that's all it is a preference.

This is an important thing that most people don't realize.

• 2 weeks later...

I put aromantic. :D

But i was suprised there were so many bi-romantics... I never realised there would be that many out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have never been in love with a guy, so I voted hetero-romantic.

• 2 weeks later...
gray_imagination

I put hetro, but I don't really know. I am not really aromantic, but sort of effectively aromantic for the time being? and I wish I was panromantic but I am not (yet, anyway) able to be sure if my preference for guys is cultural or something else, but its just that cultural than I hope to get over it, if not...oh well?

I just don't know. Taking the sex out sadly does not uncomplicate things as much as one might hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted hetero, but after reading the comments I'm not so sure...pan or entirely aromantic is looking more likely.

What is a "romantic crush" (for us) versus an "aromantic crush"? Is there a difference?

And I have to wonder about the idea of any of us having a certain orientation at all, especially based on the amount of pans/bis the poll shows. If we're attracted to people based on personality alone (and possibly aesthetics) then does that mean that any preference we might have could be, well, due to our experiences? Nurture instead of nature? And I'm not trying to say that people don't know how they feel or anything (gods no) but I can certainly see that being true for myself and I wonder if it's applicable to anyone else. Due to my family and certain other influences, I've grown up with greater respect for men in general than women...so it kind of makes sense that I would have a "preference" for them.

Ah, confusion. To hell with labels, anyway. :rolleyes:

Pan-Romantic for me, thank you. I just love people. <3

I used to be heteroromantic but I've thought about this a lot now and I think I'm feline-romantic. I honestly only feel romantic about my cat.

Archived