• I have no idea, I've never asked
  2. 2. Was your mother...

• Highly sexual when younger
    • Mediumly sexual when younger
    • Low sexual when younger
    • I have no idea, I've never asked

This poll is closed to new votes

SlightlyMetaphysical

So when I had the awkward conversation with my mother, she said that my dad hadn't been that interested in sex at my age, which I hadn't known before. And I saw some people saying similar things on the "I can't discuss asexuality with my mother" thread. So I thought I'd make a poll of it, to see if it's just a coincidence.

can only guess... and even that starts getting a bit too much for me.

It is an interesting concept though, that somehow our parents sexual activity or lack of it could have influenced the way we are.

I'd ask...but that would be a really awkward conversation about something I probably don't actually want to hear about. Or I could ask my sister; she might know a bit more about that, and it would be a slightly less awkward conversation.

I can't ask my father since he died when I was 15 but I did have this conversation with my mother a few years ago. She told me that my father was the only person she was ever sexually attracted to and that only happened after she had known him for a while. I guess that would make her demi.

pawprint prettysure

Do people actually talk about this stuff with their parents? :o

I really don't wanna know about my parents' sexlife :huh:

I've never asked (too embarrassed and scared to bring up such a topic), but I've pieced together that my dad was highly sexual when my mom started ranting about how he came home with some sort of sexual disease when he was in his teens...

And my mom, I'm pretty sure, is low/medium sexual due to antisocial nature.

-Katie

I checked no idea for them both, but I have a strong suspicion that they were both on the higher end...

I checked no idea for them both, but I have a strong suspicion that they were both on the higher end...

Exactly the same here.

Never asked, that's just creepy.

I'd assume my father is on the lower side, but no idea about my mother, that sort of thing is not talked about in her family.

About the same as everyone else..I don't want to know. My mom said though she was kind of on the higher drive side when she was younger..I didn't need to know that

My mother has told me numerius times she had sex solely to have kids.

Both my parents seem to have been highly sexual when younger, from the stories they tell me. My mom was especially bad, and loves to brag about how she's been with people from both genders, and multiple people at once.

Apparently, the gene is recessive.

err, why would you ask that question to your parents? believe me just knowing would be psychological damaging

though this does bring me to thought of a hamell on trial song, inquiring minds

Dad did you ever do it with any woman besides mom?

Did you ever see that Fellini movie Satyricon?

I was 13 the first time, so good I couldn’t speak

They should have wrapped me in a Hefty bag

and drained me once a week

And Dad what’s the kinkiest that you ever got?

There was a mother and daughter Upstate that were crazy stupid hot

There was this girl and her dog, but we won’t get into that

There were these three Dominatrixes in a one room flat

Couple times in a church pew, was a heavenly thing

And there was a girl named Ruth in the booth of a Burger King

My wife’s eatin’ a hole through me with her evil eye

My kid’s got inquiries and they want an honest reply

http://www.hamellontrial.com/sfpwedlyrics.html#minds

I don't know, but I'm positive my mum has no sex drive, like me, which is where I am suspecting I got it from.

My dad and I don't generally talk about sex. I'm under the impression he was a serial monogomist and had a "normal" (whatever that really means) sex drive.

Mum on the other hand was apparently insatiable. She doesn't understand my asexuality AT ALL.

I have no idea. I mean my parents never gave me the "Birds and the Bees" talk neither. I think my sister is the one who told me, and she is just one year older than me.

Both my parents appear to have had a lower sex drive when younger. I only know this because I've discussed my value system with my parents and my value system only assigns meaning to life-long monogamy, apparently my parents have practiced life-long monogamy and they got together sometime in their early 20's (although they had known each other for awhile before that).

From this and conversations I'd rather not have had I suspect my Mom is probably a demi-sexual.

• 1 month later...
It is an interesting concept though, that somehow our parents sexual activity or lack of it could have influenced the way we are.

This isn't about activity, it's about drive/attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

So you guys think it could be genetic like the color of our eyes?

Well, I would never ever ask that to my father. I do not know if he would answer or not but I really don't wanna hear. :redface: Sexual drive is different from what people actually do so I cannot be absolutely sure. I'd guess he's medium or high.

Now, my mom I know. She told me she only had sexual feelings for my father her whole life. And only after she knew him for a few years. So I'd say she's demi?

OK, never asked my dad (he died when I was 17 and I'm now 59...so enough said), my mother always used to say 'When you're first married, sex is the be all and end all, then something better takes its place.' My dad had the reputation of being a bit of a 'lad' before he married, so of anyone was the closet Ace, it would be mum, I suppose.

I've never talked to or about my dad's sex life, but when my mom turned 18 she was really easy until she met my dad in the military.

mad_scientist

My mother and father were both pretty adventurous when younger, and still make no secret of "checking out the wares" even though both are in long-term committed relationships.

mad_scientist
err, why would you ask that question to your parents? believe me just knowing would be psychological damaging

I didn't ask; my dad would brag constantly about his high school exploits and my mother still behaves like a nymphomaniac.

Archived