Who was/is your favorite TV Hero?

Ziffler

Dr Who!

I like Dr Who as well. Do you like one of the Doctors in particular? I've always liked the 4th Doctor played by Tom Baker.

t_baker.jpg

He's my favourite 'Doctor' too, though Rhiannon prefers David Tennant (who's also a great Doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

Dang baleyn07

If you were to start a 'Mork & Mindy' dialogue thread ...

I for one would devour it.

Mork: Well I'm still crazy about you

Mindy: And I'm still crazy about you!

Mork: Well good, then we have nothing to fear but sanity itself!

Without hesitation - Sherlock Holmes played by Jeremy Brett. He was simply gorgeous.

And then one more person who does not fit exactly under term hero ... but for me he was a hero in some way ;) - Sir Humphrey Appleby from Yes, minister (prime minister).

How do you post an image here?

For role model, Captain Janeway of Star Trek Voyager

For who's drop dead gorgeous, a tie between Willow and Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

omg, I watched Darkwing Duck so much when I was little!

I'm gonna have to go with Sonic the Hedgehog from SatAM.

sonic_the_hedgehog-show.jpg

I thought there were instructions somewhere on this site but couldn’t find them so I’ll give you how I do it:

Create an account on a web-site that allows you to upload pictures. I use http://www.photobucket.com/

Log onto the account and upload the picture you want to post.

Once uploaded look for the field call ‘Direct Link’ and copy the URL. It’ll look something like http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/account/t_baker.jpg

Now go create the post. Where you want to put the picture click on the ‘Insert Image’ icon. It’s the 2nd one to the right of the smiley face drop-down list.

It’ll pop up another window called ‘Explorer User Prompt'.

Delete the http:// in the field and then paste the URL you copied.

Finish the post and you get:

t_baker.jpg

Mimicking Sanity

Darkwing Duck!

Ha-ha, I used to love that cartoon.

I think I've still some ancient videos of it; Perhaps for the sake of nostalgia I'll watch them over the weekend.

I'm happy that there are new ' Poirot episodes! Not many, but there are enough to keep me happy.

For role model, Captain Janeway of Star Trek Voyager

For who's drop dead gorgeous, a tie between Willow and Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Another way if you don't want to open an image/photo account someplace is to find an image online, copy the url and then when you write your post click on the "insert image" button and paste the url in the box and click "ok" and the proper coding will appear in your post.

mulgrew-janeway.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, while I give my proper respect to MacGuyver for his ingenuity, I have to say Dr. Sam Becket from Quantum Leap. The series finale still gets me and is an inspiring and defining moment in my life that has guided me towards working to do what I think is right for those I care about even if it means sacrificing something myself to ensure their happiness. Of course, life is rarely thatr black and white, merely shades of grey. But it helps to have a path, and say "I did the best I could with what I knew and who I was at the time it happened" ^_^

Of course, there are all the previous Heroes mentioned as well, but few had as much an impact on my life than that.

While I was talking to a very nice lady from New Zealand for some exhibition on sexuality, I was musing that some of the characters I found attractive were very self contained, almost emotionless:

Mr Spock

Avon (Blakes 7)

Illya Kuryakin

John Tracy

Of course, none of them exist in rl, another thing in their favour - they could never disappoint.

Murdock from the A-Team was great! He was so funny. That`s crazy with style! And MacGuyver was definately another favorite. But if we go farther back there was The Care Bears (loved Grumpy Bear) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Raphael rules!). And does anybody remember the Ewoks?

Spock, definitely.

And when I was a child, Batman (the Adam West one). When I saw the repeats in the 80s of the original TV series, I was stunned by how awful they were... :redface:

And, also from childhood, Christopher Lee as Dracula. Hero to me, anyway.

dracula-christopher-lee.jpg

And, more recently:

nuda.jpg

Yes! Let's get rid of all the greedy humans, and get back the woodlands and the immortals who live in them...

When I was a child one of my favorite heroes was, believe or not, Mr Rogers. He seemed safe and kind and his voice relaxed me. I would lay down on the couch and do a child's version of "veging out." And of course Spock was way up there on the pedestal right next to Capt. Kangaroo. I didn't see much prime time tv as my parents restricted that.

Now-a-days my biggest heroes aren't neccesarily tv or movie personalities but historical persons, artists or musicians. The top in my book being the ever globally conscious members of the band U2. I also still love Jimmy Stewart, even though he is more my mother's generation.

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow the hedgehog. He is dark and cool, and I've always suspected him to be asexual. He is actually the reason I discovered the word asexual.

I was rather fond of Underdog when I was a little kid. Although I was convinced his name was really Thunderdog. As a little kid, I had no concept of what underdog meant.

5fdfd41bc74085b39df61df2b1ec6169.gifThere's no need to fear, Underdog is here.

David Carradine was my hero. He stood for all that was good and right in the world. Very asexual (in tv land) and honorable. You would never see him running off to bed some woman. Definately someone I admired and looked up to. Never missed an episode :)

kungfu.jpg

davidcarradinekungfu.jpg

davidcarradine.jpg

Dean Cain's portrayal of Superman in the early 90s. I used to make my 'rents tape the episodes from tv so I could watch it on repeat, over and over, I was 3 years old :-)

Quite possibly the reason I have a Superman tattoo on my right arm and have a ring too.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/loi.../L&C-A4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My favourit heroes are Xena and Gabrielle,I like very much,Gabrielle more than Xena,she is beautiful,good,writer,bard and very brave,she is perfect to me!!!!.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived